FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Futurama returns?

Hippie
There was an article in slashdot a week or so ago, talking about the possible return of futurama. They interviewed matt Groening as well, you guys think it will come back like family guy? Needless to say it would rock a casbah or two. Also, can Fox handle it? I think that although they picked up family guy again they have kind of screwed with it by doing things like randomly not showing it and showing the stupid crap OC instead.
gh0stface
I heard about that rumor too. The only problem with FOX is, it sometimes has great shows but they tend to screw things up. One of my favorite show was John Doe, good screen writing but not enough viewer followings...

I always liked Futurama too... nice to hear that it may be coming back.
zebrabongo
SunburnedCactus
Hooray. About time too, methinks.
fecophobia
Futurama was awesome. Hilarious but underrated. I hope to see it back.
syxxgage
I really hope you are correct, because Im tired of seeing the same old episodes on Cartoon Network at 2am (I'm a night owl). Funny thing is, I also watch Family Guy before (or after, depending on wether or not Adult Swim changed their schedule again), but I haven't grown tired of a single episode yet.
LostOverThere
Yay!

Down here (in Australia).

Channel 7 dumped Family Guy, even after 30000 people signed, saying they wanted it kept.

Channel 10 have a knack of bringing back good shows that have been dumped.
They have Futurama & The Simpsons, and possibly Family Guy.

I hope they bring back Futurama, I want more!
marquis51
If I dont mistake it has been many years now without anything new for futurama, even if this rumour is true, I dont like to be too optimistic for the near future. About futurama, I m also a fan and cross my fingers for it to be broadcasted again. Hope you are right !
jeremoi
That would be great. I miss that fox show with Wanda Stykes.
nakamaru
I sure hope it comes back. I don't get why the canceled it in the first place. Bender is the best and just for that character and the laughs that I get from him I hope it comes back.
MalvagioAddict
glad to see that it plans to return, so that means I only have to wait a year or two after its return before I can watch it. I actually enjoyed futurama more than the simpsons. dunno why, i guess its humor just agrees with me better. It was underrated in my eyes.
panazen
i love futurama, and i was getting tired of re-runs. I hope the rumors are true.
Enderwiggin
New Futurama? Yay.... Personally, I like the series, just wont go outta my way to watch it... now i actually might though since it wont be reruns Very Happy
TheFaction
yeah i believe there was an article on cnn or something about it. it was actually about how after the seasons of that 70s show and malcolm are over that they won't be airing them any more. thus two more slots. and one of the shows said that may take over the malcolm slot is futruama so there's potential for it.
lpbrasil
Well in Fox of Brazil i wacth Futurama every day in 00:00 Wink
zender
Enderwiggin wrote:
New Futurama? Yay.... Personally, I like the series, just wont go outta my way to watch it... now i actually might though since it wont be reruns Very Happy

indeed, was about time they made (or going to) new shows.
hsadmin
Well, why does Fox have to bring it back, when it's on almost every day. Cartoon Network, after 11pm eastern ( -5 GMT time ), turns to "Adult Swim", where they play FamilyGuy, Futurama, Aqua teen Hunger Force, 12 ounce mouse, and more.. So why don't you just watch that, or do you guys go to bed to early?
schudder
hsadmin: bringing back as in: making new episodes!

But anyway, what I heard was that Billy West, the guy who plays Fry, the professor and basically half the voices on the show, said that they were just going to make 4 straight-to-dvd 90 minute movies.

They never broadcasted all episodes in Belgium (or perhaps they did, but just at really awkward times), so I still have to see seasons 4 and 5...
Monkeydog
hsadmin wrote:
Well, why does Fox have to bring it back, when it's on almost every day. Cartoon Network, after 11pm eastern ( -5 GMT time ), turns to "Adult Swim", where they play FamilyGuy, Futurama, Aqua teen Hunger Force, 12 ounce mouse, and more.. So why don't you just watch that, or do you guys go to bed to early?

New Episodes, and if you have an antenna, you can usually get fox. You can't just GET CN, plus it's on after 11, so fewer people can actually see it.

Hope it does come back, Simpsons have seriously been dieing these past few years, and Family Guy didn't really come back too strong.(Although I still enjoy it)
hsadmin
They have new episodes coming out.. Only like twice a year though now..
PoweredDeath
I can't wait until it comes back, it's such a funny and in depth show.
ylmun
If it came back, it would make my year!

>sigh< I lead such a sad life. Crying or Very sad
Jack_Hammer
SunburnedCactus wrote:
Hooray. About time too, methinks.

lol, I just find it hilarious that your in the return of Futuama topic with your Dr. Zoidberg avatar, lmoa.

Futurama, Family Gyu, Simpsons, American Dad, they all rock.
ylmun
Good news, everybody.

According to Billy West's website, as reported by www.gotfuturama.com, there is an entry in the forums by Billy where he confirms what schudder posted on Feb17th. They are planning 4 DVD movies of Futurama!

http://www.billywest.com.http.l2.l1.l0.nyucd.net:8090/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1685&PN=1&TPN=4#34990

Quote:
[The] Futurama project is a done deal! [...] There are 4 DVD movies that we'll start recording at the end of July or August. Full feature length FUTURAMA movies. Everybody is excited to get back together--as I am!

Into the Future,
Billy

I can't wait!!!! Oh my, yes.

Leela - "Eww, your hands are ice cold"
Robot Devil - "And yet hell is sooo hot! [cackling]"
cowboyx
Futurama was great! Simsons sucks, they should drop that, its no longer funny. Oliver Bean was pretty good too. . . . . Fox is ghey. VERY ghey. I think if they focused on the shows that dont suck, and finished seasons once in a while, they would get better ratings.
garionw
I always liked the simpsons and Futurama and so I really hope it comes back. Im from Australia and i just saw it at 6.30 tonigh.
Jayfarer
There needs to be more Futurama episodes. Many more. It makes me wonder why that show can be so great while The Simpsons is continually falling.
bladesage
I keep sending countless dozens of letters and e-mails, begging and pleading to get Futurama back, but with no response. I just keep nagging them, but there seems little hope. I say the biggest problem with Fox, is that they always think they need to come up with new material. We are lucky The Simpsons made it this far. They think that they need so many new shows to satisfy us, when really all we want is to have new episodes of our old ones. It's quite sad really, that we keep begging for our favorites back, but get absolutely nothing Boo hoo! .

I continue to ask them, but it's like they just don't read suggestion letters (which they obviously do, because they want to know just what the society wants, seemingly so they know what not to do Neutral ). I have many hopes, but for now, we just have to try to weather the crap they have now, until then.

It's wierd, I sent dozens of letters begging them to bring back Family Guy, and they did that, but don't listen to me now. Oh well, at least there are some good shows on Fox other than The Simpsons and Family Guy, oh wait, no there aren't d'oh!
alkady
It would be great that the show returns but thats not 100% certain. What is known is a Futurama movie is coming out soon.