FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Acouple of Suggestion

Would you like to compress your site into a ZIP file on DirectAdmin
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

acamas
1. Is there anyway on the DirectAdmin service we can only compress our site into a tar.gz file. I was wondering if Bondings can add an Zip File Extention so you can compress your site into a .ZIP.
(I think this might of come up)

2. Also with receiving points... I ussually come on here everyday to post but instead I end up forgetting to. I end up just reading all the posts. Maybe you could receive a point for every 50 page views you do each day (I realise this can encourage refreshers). But have a limit each day of maybe 3 points so that people really wont be bothered of refreshing. I know I'll probably get a reply sayingjust post its not a big deal. But in some topics that are brung up you cant really get into the convosation sometimes and I feel a bit stupid when I dribble sh*t.

Okay so number 2 may be abit of a Crazy Idea but I like the sound of it. Any Chance it could happen? I'm sure a few people wouldnt mind idea number one aswell.

Thanks
Craig
Animal
acamas wrote:
1. Is there anyway on the DirectAdmin service we can only compress our site into a tar.gz file. I was wondering if Bondings can add an Zip File Extention so you can compress your site into a .ZIP.

Why don't you just download TugZip from http://www.tugzip.com/ - it's free and then you'll be able to open Tar.gz files.

Tar.gz is platform independant, so Linux machines can open them. Kinda essential since the server runs Linux.
n0obie4life
1. Winrar, Winzip can open tar.gz files if I'm not mistaken.

2. Pageviews for points. It is not a feasable idea as the user can "bot" themselves.

-close-