FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gif Makers And Animation

Stella Vibes
Simple questions
1.) What are some good Gif makers out there?

2.)Besides Macromedia Flash, what are some good programs to create Animated movies,Sequels,Cartoons,anime in?
Aiz
If you are talking about making simple gifs with animated frames, you could always just use Adobe ImageReady. Thats what I use when I want to make a gif. All you have to is line the layers up and time each frame and what happens after that frame with a few clicks and you are done =P.

As for animated things, from whatever I know about the whole video frame thing (from back when I did some subbing), if you are looking to make an avi or something in that sense and not a flash app, then give virtualdub a try. It's a pretty nice freeware that did pretty much all I needed to do video editing/making wise.
izcool
I use Microsoft GIF Animator for my simple animated GIF's. Very old program, but hey, it gets the job done. Do a search on Google for it and you'll come up with a couple of download links for it.

A few years ago I used a program called "Swish" to make a couple of Flash animations without actually buying Flash. Now that I do have a copy of Flash, Swish is out of my mind. Pretty good program to start with. Smile http://www.swishzone.com/

- Mike.