FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what to use

statusfashions
I want to create a site very much similar to www.forwardgarden.com , can any one guide me which cms will be the best to create something like that.( which is very simple)
regards,
WebSiteGuru
DragonflyCMS http://www.dragonflycms.org if you are going to use PHP/MySQL host.
GB
Let me preface this post by saying that this isn't that great of a website.

That said you will need to have a way to submit forwarded emails. This is quite simple to do. Head over to Matt's Script Archive and download his "FormMail" Script. This will allow you to make a form that can be submitted through a website using your CGI Bin (provided with Frihost account).

The next thing you'll need is a way to organize the emails. You can do this similar to the way they have done it on the site, basically a hierarchal type listing. You have big categories leading to smaller categories leading to the actual email. I would suggest from a usability perspective, that you make this around 2-3 clicks deep. This assures that you won't have every email on the homepage and that people will be able to find what they are looking for.

A search function is mandatory for a site like this. You can find a good one from Sphider which is very easy (even for me) to use.

It looks like they have a guest book, so you will need to write or download a script for that. I think there is one on Matt's Script Archive.

They also have a block list. I know that you can set this up so that it will automatically work, but I don't know how.

They also have an affiliate program going on. You can sign up for Google AdSense which will bring you money or sign up through some other program. I'm not familiar with these things as I don't like ads (YEAH FOR FRIHOST!!!!! Very Happy ).

I hope this helps get you started.