FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which anti virus do you use?

Which anti-virus do you use?
NOD32
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Norton
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
McCaffee
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
PC-cillin
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Panda Truprevent
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
ZoneAlarm
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Kaspersky
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

LandShark
Just wondering what anti virus you use and why you use it. I use NOD32 arguablly the best anti virus out there right now
Srs2388
Zone alarm the best i have ever used
you should see all it offers........
it gives spyware protection
adware protection
antivurus protection
IM secure
and a great firewall I only use one app now for my protection and thats Zone alarm it also makes start-up fatser you wont have to have 3 seperate APPS thats what I think about it............
Rocky3478
AVG's not on the list...... Surprised
Animal
http://frihost.com/forums/vt-8379.html

A slightly similar topic, I reckon.
Nutorious
Wheres AVG? Thats got to be a quite popular one? thats the one i use anyway, and it is good as it is free Very Happy
Kd527
I don't have any on my Macs. One of the PCs has Symantec and the other has Avast!.
LordSata
none of these...
i'm under linux and i havn't need to an antivirus...
Best regards, LordSata
lukeropro
I thought it was Mcafee and not McCafee? Anyway, I think mcafee is quite good as well. You can define software that you want it to block. And I just found out from the software that there is this spyware called MSN. I'm not sure if it's the Microsoft Network but I doubt it as why would Microsoft hurt it's own software? lol O.o
caaltt
I use the AVG Free edition Cool

It may not be AS pumped up as Norton but, it get's the job done just as well as most Anti-viruses out there, it's updated regularly, and it's free of charge. Laughing
Slowhand
I have used many antivirus software. I still think Norton Antivirus is a good program, but if you want to run the latest versions, then you will need a good computer. Also AVG Antivirus is a good free alternative.
Alienz
I used NOD32. It is good anit-virus.
technology.sponge
tip - avg should be included (free 4 personal use, extremely popular av program)

i use norton myself now, i used to switch between nod nd avg but norton turned out to be the most powerful - theyev even managed to reduce the footprint so ur pc actually runs faster now!
marquis51
NOD32 fast, light and reliable. If it s still not enough for you you have the free panda online scan that is very good
xray757
i use antivir

http://www.free-av.com/
bogden
i guess AVG (free) must really suck because it is not even on the list, but i think it works pretty good, and the ease of instal/maintain is very very good.
djared90
I use AVG Free for my virus scanner, ZoneAlarm free for my firewall, Microsoft Antispyware/Ad-Aware/Spybot for spyware, SpywareBlaster...whatever I can get my hands on that is completely free.
madsencarl
I don't use an anti-virus program, it slows my computer down way too much. I've never gotten a virus, and hopefully never will (massive router firewall). Even if I did get a virus, I'll just take it to my school's I.T. Department.
Also, whenever I open a file and it has a virus (rare cases) my computer tells me. I don't know how it knows though.
VIPER VENOM
I have to agree AVG to me is the best. dont use much system resources and seems to do the job. and it is free.
jerski
i used avg ! it is not on the list !

but many from us says that pc-cillin is the best anti virus !

acording to the virus raw !
n0obie4life
This is not a computer problem.

Right?

And besides, searching in the Computer Software and Hardware for anti-virus gives you tons of topics on this.

-close-