FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Error message......

Rocky3478
I've been getting this error message for the last 15 minutes or so.... Is it something that I'm doing, or is the server down?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@xxxxxxx.frih.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

And, the strange thing is, I can access my site via FTP but not through HTTP right now.... ???
Bondings
The .htaccess file was the problem. Most likely there is a mistake inside it. I now renamed it to s.htaccess and created an index.html file and it is working fine now.
Daniel15
If you want more information on the error, look at the error log in DirectAdmin/cPanel. It will tell you exactly what the error is.
Rocky3478
Thanks for the help! Smile It's all working fine now.... So I need to keep that s.htaccess file in there?
Bondings
Rocky3478 wrote:
Thanks for the help! Smile It's all working fine now.... So I need to keep that s.htaccess file in there?

The s.htaccess file isn't doing anything right now. However, the .htaccess file might have been needed for something else.
Rocky3478
Bondings wrote:
Rocky3478 wrote:

The s.htaccess file isn't doing anything right now. However, the .htaccess file might have been needed for something else.

Ah, ok. Thanks!