FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Riddle for 3 FRIH$

LandShark
what do you cut and put on the table, but never eat? answer it correctly and get 3FRIH$. Ill ask another when someone gets it right

Correct Answer: Flowers

For the second riddle: A man had 3 sons. He wanted to give them all of his money he had left. Since he was poor he couldnt give a decent amount to all the kids. So he decided to have a game. He gave them all a few coins and let them go buy whatever they thought could fill the room. the first one bought a bunch of straw, but that didnt work. The second one out of ideas, bought sticks, not working also. The third one however was able to get the money. What things did he buy so that he could fill the room(Hint its two things and its not air)Again, if you answer correctly you get 3 FRIH$

Correct Anser: Candle and filled room with light

For the third riddle: 3 men go to a hotel. The room costs $30 so they each pay $10. They then all go back to their rooms. The man at the desk relizes he over charged them(the 3 in total) $5. So he tells a bellhop to go give them the money back. The bellhop gives each one of them a dollar and keeps two. Now each man has paid 9 dollar and the bellhop has two. 9x3=27 and 27+2=29. Whered the extra dollar go?
Nutorious
Hands, arms, elbows...?
April_May
A place mat?
April_May
cutlery? i gues you can say 'can you please cut the table'
LukeakaDanish
your plate?

or "everything"...as in...

"I put everything on the table"

EDIT: darn...it said cut...sorry everybody...

EDIT AGAIN: How about "The money"...you can say "lets cut the money in half" i spose...and "i wanna see the money on the table!" i guess...
riv_
Flowers?
You put cut flowers on your table as a decoration when you're serving a nice meal...
krazycapital
I know what it is: A deck of cards!
xorcist
O ya that's true a deck of cards you cut a deck of cards on a table.
matt87
A deck of cards? I would have never got this riddle... I am soooo slow.
LandShark
riv_ wrote:
Flowers?
You put cut flowers on your table as a decoration when you're serving a nice meal...

was the correct answer to the question. A deck of cards was also a good guess, but when i said cut, i ment cut with scissors of knife. but since it could also work i donated 3 frih$ to whoever got it first.(forgot in the middle of the post sorry)
Blaster
LandShark wrote:
what do you cut and put on the table, but never eat? answer it correctly and get 3FRIH$. Ill ask another when someone gets it right

Correct Answer: Flowers

For the second riddle: A man had 3 sons. He wanted to give them all of his money he had left. Since he was poor he couldnt give a decent amount to all the kids. So he decided to have a game. He gave them all a few coins and let them go buy whatever they thought could fill the room. the first one bought a bunch of straw, but that didnt work. The second one out of ideas, bought sticks, not working also. The third one however was able to get the money. What things did he buy so that he could fill the room(Hint its two things and its not air)Again, if you answer correctly you get 3 FRIH$

He used what his brothers had left over and added onto that
LukeakaDanish
I doubt it'll be the obvious stuff like Soil or Water or something like that...

how about...he uses the money to buy his dad something very nice. That fills everyone with joy...the house is filled with joy?

He hires a singer to sing a song. The singer fills the house with the sound of singing / music
LandShark
oooo so close. . .but who could hire a singer for a few coins?
LukeakaDanish
I dunno whether you where being sarcastic...but incase you wheren't...how about he sings a song himself...and fills the house with the sound of music or happiness...either would work...
LandShark
i wasnt being sarcastic but thats not the answer. get off the sound track and get on stuff like that
Blaster
Quote:

He used what his brothers had left over and added onto that

Do I have the righ answer?.

Or maybe he....I don't know I am brain dead.
LandShark
no you dont have the right answer. CLUE: think of what fills up the room, but isnt actually there
SunburnedCactus
He bought a big teddy bear to fill the room with LOVE! Laughing
strfry
LandShark wrote:
no you dont have the right answer. CLUE: think of what fills up the room, but isnt actually there

Well, since it isn't air, I'd have to go with light. Or maybe smell (in a good way, durnit). So he bought a lovely scented candle and filled the room with light and a wonderful incense.
BlackSkad
He bought a flute and filled the room with his music Smile
riv_
Someone said 2 things... Is it light and shadow???
Or a blindfold, or a curtain, and filled the room with darkness?
He could fill the room with noise.
Or with mess.
Hope and Despair?
Applause.
Colour.
Really, a silly riddle, because there's a lot of possible answers...
LukeakaDanish
riv_ wrote:

Really, a silly riddle, because there's a lot of possible answers...

Im afraid i have to agree with that Sad

EDIT: Sorry...im just jealous because I'm rubbish at riddles Very Happy
LandShark
strfry was right. He bought candles and filled the room with light. donated 3 frih$
madsencarl
Because each man has now paid $9 for the room (3x9=27), and the "bellhop" has $2 in his pocket (27-2=25), the rest of the money is in the hotel till (i.e., the manager has it).
I've done this problem before - the trick is to realize that the $2 that the bellboy gets has to be subtracted from the $27, and to be not added to it.
There is no extra dollar.
LandShark
wow that was quick. . . i am donating the 3frih$. I dont currently have another riddle, but ill add one soon
taxman
Well, I have a riddle, but will not give any $ for solving it- but feel free to try to solve it just for the honor. English is not my native language, so some of the riddle may sound a bit weird, but that is just my wrongfull translation Confused

Her goes :

It is more evil than the Devil, It is more kinder than God. The poor have it, the rich don't. If you eat it, you surely die. What is it?
madsencarl
taxman wrote:
Well, I have a riddle, but will not give any $ for solving it- but feel free to try to solve it just for the honor. English is not my native language, so some of the riddle may sound a bit weird, but that is just my wrongfull translation Confused

Her goes :

It is more evil than the Devil, It is more kinder than God. The poor have it, the rich don't. If you eat it, you surely die. What is it?

Nothing! The answer clicked when I was talking to my friend on msn: "ey man, wotcha doin?" - "nothin"
taxman
You're quite right.... "Nothing" is the correct answer..Good work.

First time I got that ridle, I could not break it, and suddently while eating lunch - pop, the answer just revealed itself..
djared90
LandShark wrote:
For the third riddle: 3 men go to a hotel. The room costs $30 so they each pay $10. They then all go back to their rooms. The man at the desk relizes he over charged them(the 3 in total) $5. So he tells a bellhop to go give them the money back. The bellhop gives each one of them a dollar and keeps two. Now each man has paid 9 dollar and the bellhop has two. 9x3=27 and 27+2=29. Whered the extra dollar go?

Each man has PAID $9, but they are all only in posession of $1 each, making $3 total between them. Then the bellhop has $2, and the man at the desk still has $25, making $30 dollars total. No dollar was lost anywhere; you're just trying to confuse us with that "9*3=27"!
Lennon
To say it another way.
The 9*3=27 is a false interpretation... Let's see

After the $5 is handed back, that's $25 they've paid. Divide that by 3 is not $9 but $8.333 each has paid in total. But when the bellhop takes $2, there's $28 paid up, and $3 is handed back, that's $25 left paid up, not $27. $28 divided by 3 is $9.333 each.
raver
Well i think there is no Dollar. If the management gave the bellhop to bring 5 bucks back and he kept 2$, then the remaining 3$ are given in the form 1$ to one guy, so 3$ ->3 guys. Therefore there are no more dollars left Very Happy