FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Lord of the Rings Fan Site

Mithrandir
Hello all! I have been running a fan site for quite a while and it is slowly growing into a nice community of fans across the world. Please ignore the ads, they are new (and the reason I am switching to frihost).

lotrfan.8k.com

New frihost site:
lotrfan.frih.net

Feed back and thoughta are welcome. Please join the fourm if you are interested in the Lord of the Rings!
Naif
Well, the contents of your site looks promising. I hope you make a transition to frihost soon because the banner ads placed by the webhost you are currently hosting your site on looks awful.
Hobbit
Awesome site, my sn is Hobbit cause I absolutely love Lord Of The Rings. I shall register on your site Very Happy .
smart19
the text is too small
digibluez
cool,cant wait until you get that banner removed,while hosted by frihost.looks really ugly.
Hobbit
Yeah, and host the forums in frihost too.
krazycapital
I think it's promising, but in FF it doesn't look right. Or it migh be my screen resolution. GET RID OF THE ADS. Thats all. Looks great other than that!
Mithrandir
Yeah, I know, the ads were never as bad but now it embarassing Smile

And about the FF, it doesn't seem to like my CSS. I'm not sure why and I have worked on fixing it but it seems that since I wrote it using IE (big mistake) the only way to really fix it is to go through it line by line and search for errors which I'm not too motivated to do Smile If/when I update the layout, I'll make sure it is comaptible with FF.

Thanks for joining!!
Gentle-Horst
your banner is just awesome and with the ads removed, I'm sure it'll be even a lot better looking through your site.
sugarbox
Nice and a lot info about the movie I like your site. Laughing
mckenneth
aw!.. i hated the pop ups... can be so annoying... GgRhh..
bjwok
hi Mithrandir,

nice looking site champ, bu t i agree, get on the fri immediatley and get rid of those woeful ads!!!

hey here is something i think you and your site may find interesting!

http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23130&highlight=

cheers
TonkPilz
The banners are a bit iri tho
Hunterseaker
nice site, and it will be much better without the adds so make the siwitch very quick.
i know a lot of lotr fans so i will send them to your page
and for the firefox problem: download firefox yourself and download a plugin that debugs your site, all the things that ff dont like wil lbe reported in a debug file
darkdante
Yeah, I know, the ads were never as bad but now it embarassing

And about the FF, it doesn't seem to like my CSS. I'm not sure why and I have worked on fixing it but it seems that since I wrote it using IE (big mistake) the only way to really fix it is to go through it line by line and search for errors which I'm not too motivated to do If/when I update the layout, I'll make sure it is comaptible with FF.

Thanks for joining!!
joshua_erceg
I agree!
So many ads!
You should definitley get hosted with Frihost!!! Very Happy
reshi
Looks good, nice colour balance and lots of content. Keep up the good work.
Mithrandir
I've moved to the frihost server now and the ads are gone! I've also made a lot of content additions and updates. I hope that some of you who are interested will join us!
lotrfan.frih.net
shwetanshu
ur site is gr8 but use a slightly bigger font and also do something with u css, it doesnt render the page properly
JoRu
http://www.lordotrings.com/