FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Amateur Photography

Liu
My website:
http://pixeliuted.sytes.net

Comments, criticism, expressions that you like certain pictures are always welcome on the site. I'm still learning. Smile
arch23
your picture are great. You're a very photographer. I like the colored sky picture, but the colors and composition in all were very good. I enjoyed watching them.
Hunterseaker
realy good job man
you can leave the amateur in the topic title, youre realy good
Remzo
The pictures look great. Very professional layout, great work Smile
Aimewitue
wow i absoluety love your pictures ^^ great layout too Smile
gonzo
please say you used telephoto to get the butt of the gun

Liu
Standard telephoto lens. 18-55mm. So not an extreme one. I was going to snoop up and take it without him knowing, but I figured it probably wasn't a good idea to do when your subject has a gun. So I asked the officer to take the picture and he kindly agreed.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm still new to the photography thing... a few years with a point and shoot camera taking casual pictures, and a few months taking it up as a serious hobby.
smart19
the pic is beautiful
zender
nice simple layout + some nice pics = great site
Arjan
Realy, Realy, nice site..

Eos 20D Pray ... so nice, pitty its a little expensive..
Liu
Arjan wrote:

I know what you mean. My wallet has a temporary hole because of it. Crying or Very sad
shwetanshu
u call urself an amateur, u look like a pro, u shoot way better than me... i try to click something and something else comes in the pics.. lol

anywayz gr8 site and gr8 layout too
zebrabongo
What can I say?
Great pictures and nicely presented.

Depending on if you like to be more serious, you could add camera settings, the setup for the shot and stuff like that in the picture commentary.
matt87
Wonderful pictures!!!
Jon82Brown
good photo but the website could use sum help it works for what your going to use it for though
Dark-Tech
yea its good for what ur using it for but i do have to say you should probly create more sub categories more than just tim periods so people can view what theyre most interested in i would normaly not notice if there wasnt 100 some odd pics - which were all good
bjwok
mate, your photos are GREAT!!! i thought storke tower was the best (of the ones i checked out anyway)

nice simple site design too, perhaps a guestbook where we can leave our mark would be a healthy addition?
Innocence_Faded
your photos are wonderful, enjoying to watch... you are great photographer.
Liu
Quote:

i thought storke tower was the best (of the ones i checked out anyway)

nice simple site design too, perhaps a guestbook where we can leave our mark would be a healthy addition?

Which storke tower picture? Wink I'll take the guestbook into consideration. Smile

As for categories I've been meaning to implement it, however I do frequent modifications to the database, and having only one default category makes it less cluttered for me. Confused
d.dozier
niceee stuff keep doin wut ya do
Gentle-Horst
Really awesome pictures, just great. and it's only your hobby...
I like your page too, and you also took your time to explain the pictures.
strfry
Very nice work. I really like "Nature and Architect" for some reason. The yellow and blue just work. Strange how some the quickest shots can turn out to be the best.

I've seen photo blogs before, but I really like your style and layout here.

strfry
megamass
nice photos. some photoshop on photos and it will become perfect.
Liu
megamass wrote:
nice photos. some photoshop on photos and it will become perfect.

I typically use photoshop on the photos in a very limited fashion. I like to keep it as much to the original photos as possible. Kind of like ... "What I see is what you see."
tingkagol
Liu wrote:
Arjan wrote:

I know what you mean. My wallet has a temporary hole because of it. Crying or Very sad

Shocked OMG. it costs $1500! That's one REAL expensive camera. I just wish I'd get my hands on something like that. Does those zoom lenses come together with the cam?

At first I thought you were using one of those generic digital cams.
tingkagol
I hope the ixus500 is somewhat similar to the powershot you were using, but how do you focus on a subject and blur its surroundings? Use the micro feature? Zoom in? Any tips?

Also, how do slow the shutter speed without getting too much light through the lens that just ruins the picture? Can slow shutter work in daytime? cause I always get WHITE photos. LOL

I think you're pretty good at what you do. I'm also a photographer wannabe. haha
Liu
The zoom lens came together with the cam because I bought it with the kit lens. I heard the EF-S 18-55m by Canon was an exceptional lens for it's price. No where near an L-Series lens though (I hope to own one some day... those things are incredible), but for roughly an extra 100 bucks for the lens i'd say I was happy to spend it. You can also buy it without the lens.

If you're looking for a DSLR, the Digital Rebel XT and Canon d70/d70s may be of consideration also, both of these are exceptional cameras and cheaper too. I think DSLRs may have dropped in price after the recent d200 released. But i'm not too sure, I haven't looked up pricings in awhile.

As for getting too much light, you can always buy a light metering device to always make sure you get the correct exposure. However, what you typically do is lower the ISO and decrease the aperture.

As for point and shoot cameras, i'd highly recommend the Canon G series; I believe the latest right now is the Canon g6. These are probably one of the closest point and shoot cameras resembling slrs. I've seen amazing things done with these cameras. However, don't get me wrong, the powershot axx series have been really good to me also.

Just look to see if your cam has a manual settings for you to control ISO, Aperture, and Shutter -- I never use auto. You control how you want your pictures to come out with these settings.

As for blurring the background and keeping your subject sharp it depends on the lens and settings. Typically telephoto lenses are able to do this; the stronger the more blur, mix this in with a high aperture and you have the effect. Most cameras taking pictures of macro objects can create a strong Depth of Field which is a similar effect also (bluring the surroundings).

Hope this helps.
smart19
nice pic,keep it up
strfry
Yes to what Liu said and I'd add that many cameras now come with a "Portrait Mode" that does the focus-subject-blur-background effect. I personally love my Canon PowerShot SD450, but that's because I prefer portability over the *best* pictures. I discovered that having a fancy camera did me no good because I'd never take it with me. I'm just too lazy to be a great photographer, but with my "Digital Elph", I can at least be a good one. =^)
Liu
I'm pretty sure you can still take some really exceptionally pictures with a point and shoot camera. I've seen some really nice pictures even taken with a camera phone. It really depends on the photographer; most people think all you need is an expensive camera to take nice pictures -- however believe me, i've seen some really bad ones.

On a side note, I found that there were a couple of bugs that prevented my templates from loading up on Internet Explorer (particularly the recent sunset pictures). I'm surprised no one told me. Surprised Either way, fixed now.
xeroed
wow, like everyone else said, awesome pictures. I love to ttake pictures too but you take way better ones than me I think ^_^

anyhow I also wanted to say that the comic in your sig made me laugh... alot
tingkagol
Quote:
On a side note, I found that there were a couple of bugs that prevented my templates from loading up on Internet Explorer (particularly the recent sunset pictures). I'm surprised no one told me. Surprised Either way, fixed now.

Everybody here uses Firefox. I think. Laughing

Dude, thanks alot for all the advice. I'm really a noob at this. Yes, I'm using a stupid canon ixus500 and it has a manual setting. I know how to adjust the shutter, ISO, exposure, but I absolutely have no idea how to adjust aperture.

I'm also not really sure what aperture does to an image. hehe
Liu
Aww.. the camera can't be that bad -- afterall it's from Canon, so that's got to be saying something. Wink

Aperture like shutter tells how much light enters the lens. However, it does more such that it can control what to be in focus and what to blur. I.e. low aperture lets say f8.0 is great for scenery, while f2.8, a high aperture is great for portraits since it blurs the background. Yeah, it's a bit counter-intuitive at first thinking 2.8 as high and 8.0 as low, but it makes sense since it's dividing.

On a server side note, i've been going through images compressing them -- the loading times should DRAMATICALLY increase (some by more than 100%.) Hope this helps you guys in viewing them. Smile
reshi
Could do with reducing the res of some of the graphics, am on a broadband connection but they still take 10 secs to load.
sugarbox
They are really good photos. You are good at taking the photo. I like all of them. Embarassed
budazz
nice shot it's looks pro
Liu
reshi wrote:
Could do with reducing the res of some of the graphics, am on a broadband connection but they still take 10 secs to load.

I just went through and compressed them a bit more. Most images are under 200kb now, very few above 200. Most averaging 130-150kb, and a handful below 100. Please tell me how it goes. Smile

Thanks again for the feedback guys.
mimsxmassacre
AMAZING
:]]

There is money in photography. Newspapers, magazines, and TV stations are always looking for pictures from people. Start snapping pictures of foul weather, beautiful days, or other weather oriented material and send them to your local TV station or CNN. See if they use them. You will have to have a digital camera so they get there while the weather is still going on. Check colleges for photography courses. Don't get discouraged. Maybe your parents are wanting you to be a doctor or lawyer to make big bucks. Do what you want to do with your life. You are the one that has to live it.
pjfa
Pictures with good sense of the proportions. Great !