FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Just reading the posts here, wanted to comment.

wavsyntax
It seems that people do a lot of spamming in your forums every now and again, I can understand why that would result in an immediate banning,
either way though I think it was rather immature to post comments such as "pwned", "You got Owned", etc... apon banishment of this one dude which leads me to believe this host is run by a bunch of pothead teens who aren't very leinient, most people didn't seem to know why they were being banned, looks to me like it could happen to anyone who breaths incorrectly in these forums apperently, but see, I can afford to post such a negative post due to the fact that I've nothign to lose here so I figured I'd voice my oppinion (in text form ofcourse) because as a hotel clerk I've got nothing better to do as of now so feel free to correct my punctuation and spelling errors ofcourse while making insultingly immature negative comments concerning this post if you choose.

...and yes btw, you guys are off my Chistmas list lol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sincerely hate pop music, pop culture, pop corn, popsicles, soda pop, lollipops ,and three legged dogs.
I do see what you are saying. I was on a site like that rinkinated.net and I was banned. But yea. I do see where you get that.
mOrpheuS
wavsyntax wrote:
I think it was rather immature to post comments such as "pwned", "You got Owned", etc... apon banishment of this one dude which leads me to believe this host is run by a bunch of pothead teens who aren't very leinient

Can you please tell us which one incident you are talking of ?
If my guess is correct, then I think you are talking of this thread.

Please note that those comments were not made by a member of FRIHost staff.

And talking of leniency, you may like to know that despite the abuse of our point system by this particular user, we gave him/her another chance (a warning).
Decisions about bans are not split-second knee-jerk reactions by some "pothead teens", but are taken only after putting in due discussions and thought into the matter.

If you expect politeness, courtesy and leniency from the FRIHost staff, you'll not be disappointed.
But we definitely cannot guarantee that from ALL the members here.

wavsyntax wrote:
most people didn't seem to know why they were being banned, looks to me like it could happen to anyone who breaths incorrectly in these forums apperently

No, breathing will not get anybody banned.
However (like the case in question) if a user purposefully abuses the system and continues to do so despite warning...then yes, this user will be banned.

wavsyntax wrote:
...and yes btw, you guys are off my Chistmas list lol.

I'm sorry to hear that.
Mostly because you base your decision on a misunderstanding.

Perhaps you could do better than blaming and name-calling the staff, for something they did not do.
gonzo
mOrpheuS wrote:
are talking of this thread..

how would FH like exploit discoveries to be handles? the industry standard advanced notification privately.. xx days.. then public disclosure to motivate change?
mOrpheuS
gonzo wrote:
how would FH like exploit discoveries to be handles? the industry standard advanced notification privately.. xx days.. then public disclosure to motivate change?

Private notification (warning), yes.
However, instead of xx days, it's more like xx violations since the warning.
And then a ban.

But there has been no intention of a public disclosure of a ban.
Neither to refresh the policies in the minds of the members nor to get back on the banned user.

That's just the policy as of now, there haven't been too many attempts at exploiting the system, and if that happens, the policy may be revised.
wavsyntax
I must say Morpheus, you handled my comments in a rather mature manner and you were right, those comments weren't made by the staff "as far as I know" anyways, as far as the christmas list comment, I just added that for giggles Razz. But as long as all is thought out and fair I've got nothing bad to say. I've got a new outlook so far, I'll come around here and there every now and again, might even consider taking yas up on the hosting offer if I can't find an adequet freebee host that doesn't require any responsibilities, seems like all of the really free hosts have been so poorly coded that half way through registration you get the error page lol, Ah well though, ya get what ya pay for...

For now though... Take care.