FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Started to use my own coding!!! HELP please!

GDG
Hi everyone, whats up and happy new year.

Well when I got my space I had installed a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) program to just make my site quickly. Also I was still learning the basics of coding so I wasn't ready for a pure coded site. Now I want to start Coding everything myself and I want to delete the program.

I tried that and I am having problems, when I put in a simple coding page like it just says Welcome and stuff it won't work for some reason. I have put it in the public_html folder, what am I doing wrong can anyone help me please? Thank you very much!!! Oh and do I have to write the coding in the database or can I upload it?

See yea!!!
elekis
first, show the code (it's not www.medium.com).

second, witch language is it html, php, etc..etc.. that's can help us too.

for the data base, I don't understand what you want to with. but for a simple hello wolrd, you didn't need mysql??

a+++
otiscom
Yes, please show the code you used.

Otherwise it is extremely dificult to respond with usefull info.
KHO
For the database question, l believe you are refering to the "Create a new file" option in the file manager of DA (Direct Admin) Neutral, if this is what you were refering to, then the answer is no, after you set up everything, you will rarely need to sign into DA again except to create more e-mail accounts, passwords, or to install you MySQL DB Neutral.

Now, since you are new and previously used a wysiwyg l am assuming you are coding using HTML, lf not, ignore this Neutral. HTML is pretty simple and takes only about an afternoon to learn well enough to start coding pages, [url]w3schools.com[/url] has some good tutorials on this language and just about any other Neutral. lf you still need help, just post the code of the document here, and l'm sure you will get plenty of replies on how to fix your problem.
Vrythramax
If you can't show us the code directly, then give us the URL's to check out so we can read the raw source code that way.....it can't hurt.
elekis
I thing he will not coming anymore, I dunno why

a+++