FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Am I allowed to install these?

wumingsden
I'm on Server 2 and I would like to install these, are they allowed:

WordPress,
PCPIN Chat 5.04,
PHPOpenChat version 3.0,
phpATM, (does anybody know how to limit this to just images ~ I don;t want to break any FriHost rules what with illigale MP3's, etc)

I fount these when doing a search of this forum but it didn't say wether they were allowed on Server 2, although I think I read that there's a auto-installer on Server 1 for 2 of them, I think. Embarassed
Bondings
Blogs and chat software are allowed, as long as you have a legal version and it's not irc.

The phpATM wouldn't be a good idea, though.
wumingsden
In case somebody uploads something illigal or because it'll be easier to hack? Could you point me in the right direction towards setting up a FTP account for letting my users uploading images only?
Marston
Yeah, I'm installing a pafileDB modification to my phpBB. Hope thats ok... It's obviously going to be moderated (so like, if people submit stuff, it'll have to be approved before it actually appears on the site).
wumingsden
I did have the Mod on my phpBB forum but deleted it. I also had the Music Online Hack on it but became a little wary of the uploads and wether or not they were copyrighted so like a good boy I deleted it Embarassed I did kind of regret it but I'm now part of a Development Team thats developing a mod like the MOM, but better, so I'll use this on my forum instead.

Marston, is that the Downloads Database Mod? I might check it out if its allowed. Can you remember the place where you downloaded it? Was it phpBB Hacks?
Bondings
Wumingsden, why don't you use a gallery to upload pictures? Like coppermine? Those are allowed.

phpATM isn't allowed because it lets users upload everything and thus is considered a file hosting software. And if you let users upload files, they will always find a way to abuse it.
Marston
wumingsden wrote:
I did have the Mod on my phpBB forum but deleted it. I also had the Music Online Hack on it but became a little wary of the uploads and wether or not they were copyrighted so like a good boy I deleted it Embarassed I did kind of regret it but I'm now part of a Development Team thats developing a mod like the MOM, but better, so I'll use this on my forum instead.

Marston, is that the Downloads Database Mod? I might check it out if its allowed. Can you remember the place where you downloaded it? Was it phpBB Hacks?
I got it from phpBB.com (I believe the link to the topic is: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=193124). I would definetley set it so that users cannot upload their own files unless part of the moderating team has inspected them.
wumingsden
I have Coppemine but uninstalled it. I'll install it again but I failed to intergrate the two databases (coppermine's and phpBB's) so I only want to install it if it can be intergrated. Can anybody point me towards a tutorial (not the official one because thats not that good).