FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[OFFICIAL] World Cup 2006

n0obie4life
Okay, post your thoughts on the World Cup 2006 and discuss it. I'm not really a fan of football/soccer so..
bigdan
I'm an Aussie...I'm so excited about our mighty Socceroos making it to our first WC since the 70's Very Happy
The Nightmare
I think it's going to be really cool because it's in Germany. We built so many new stadiums and other facilities, there are so many people working on the organization. I just hope it's no a target for terrorist attacks.
Right now I'm going to school in the US but in june i'm going back to Germany. I can't really wait until then. Going to a stadium with my dad and watching soccer.

[team GERMANY] rocks!

Nightmare
ealonfena
I am verry sorry cuz Turkey cant go to this cup Mad
holadola
Anyone else signed up for tickets in the latest sales period that ended yesterday? I think more tickets should be reserved for the playing countries than the 8% allocated today.

/hd
b17
Quote:
I am verry sorry cuz Turkey cant go to this cup

I'm very sad about it Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Tvis
Holland! Holland! Holland!

I truely hope for a final between Germany and Holland...with the outcome that Holland wins of course... Cool

But honoustly I do not expect Germany to get that far, Brazil has the best chances if you ask me. England has a good team, with a little luck Holland can get very far, if they survive the group of death. But also I hope Mexico will get far. They do not have excellent players, but it is a team.
bigdan
holadola wrote:
Anyone else signed up for tickets in the latest sales period that ended yesterday? I think more tickets should be reserved for the playing countries than the 8% allocated today.

/hd

There were problems with the application for WC tickets for Australian fans, the FFA stuffed it up majorly. Legal action is about to take place...
holadola
bigdan wrote:
holadola wrote:

/hd

There were problems with the application for WC tickets for Australian fans, the FFA stuffed it up majorly. Legal action is about to take place...

The Swedish FA opened their sale last week. But all nationalities could apply through FIFA until last sunday.

/hd
bigdan
holadola wrote:
bigdan wrote:
holadola wrote:

/hd

The Swedish FA opened their sale last week. But all nationalities could apply through FIFA until last sunday.

/hd

The FFA had theirs a few weeks ago. Their systems went into meltdown, and processed them as they came in. Some people took offence at that, esp. those in regional areas.
jfcliverpool
the fact that cameroon , nigeria , senegal are all out of the world cup will be a great as these are exciting and added flavour to the world cup + the replacements togo , trinidad etc are not the same.
AzTeK
Yea no matter what anyone says, Mexico is going to win Very Happy . We have been doing much better even beat Brazil in some recent games but seriously id say it will be Argentina/Brazil/Germany.
PristonMaster
lol

" We have been doing much better even beat Brazil"

i didnt like brazil goes to germany as favorite and first placed in his continent but brazil is always more powerful in world cup games ^^

i think germany is the favorite because they play in his country, some steal.. :p, a political power.. will help them too much moreover the fisical strenght and quality of players Surprised
cokdes
I thinks Brazil vs England in final.
Those team have all of the criteria to get the cup
cokdes
African teams are also good, especially Ivory Coast.

They have Drogba, Kalou, and many best players more.

I thinks They can fight with other eroupean and americans team..
LoSKoP
As sad as it is to say, the Soccer World Cup is always dominated by the football superpowers - Germany, Brazil, Argentina, even Italy and France. I'm disappointed not to see Turkey there again, and also the African nations, they are always a refreshing change.

Also, I don't like to pick the winners, or even the finalists because things can change so much (espoecially in soccer) and not always the best team wins.

Anyway, here are my thoughts:-
Angola - won't make it past the first round
Argentina - good enough for final four
Australia - won't make it past the first round
Brazil - final four, most likely to make final
Costa Rica - won't make it past the first round
Croatia - will advance a few rounds, not strong enough for the end
Czech Republic - won't make it past the first round
Ecuador - won't make it past the first round
England - style of play lets them down, will advance a few rounds, not strong enough for the end
France - could make final four, but will need easy run
Germany - final four, most likely to make final
Ghana - African style will serve them well, won't advance far
Holland - first and second round will need luck
Iran - won't make it past the first round
Italy - could make final four, but will need easy run
Ivory Coast - won't make it past the first round
Japan - could make final four, but will need easy run
Korea Republic - could make final four, but will need easy run
Mexico - style of play will help initially, will be their downfall in later rounds
Paraguay - won't make it past the first round, unluckily
Poland - won't make it past the first round
Portugal - won't make it past the first round, unluckily
Saudi Arabia - won't make it past the first round
Spain - good enough to advance to later rounds, will need luck
Switzerland - good enough to advance to later rounds, will need luck
Serbia Montenegro - won't make it past the first round
Sweden - good enough to advance to later rounds, will need luck
Trinidad & Tobago - won't make it past the first round
Tunisia - won't make it past the first round
Togo - won't make it past the first round
Ukraine - won't make it past the first round
United States - won't make it past the first round

Thus, anyone of about six teams could make the final four, and of those could win with the right combination of gameplay, luck and strategy. My pick though (after all that) - GERMANY
legion
LoSKoP wrote:

Thus, anyone of about six teams could make the final four, and of those could win with the right combination of gameplay, luck and strategy. My pick though (after all that) - GERMANY

yes, trully Germany will win the final with Brasil, but ONLY if those referees do some "little" magic to help them reach it
Twisted Evil
mtorregiani
These are my thoughts

Group A

Germany: Will play the final and will be champion
Costa Rica: They should past the firsy round
Poland: They have to beat Costa Rica to past first round
Ecuador: Don't like them at all, they play bad

Group B

England: They should go to quarterfinals or better
Paraguay: Strong team, will fight with Sweden
Trinidad y Tobago: One of the most week teams
Sweden: May they past 1st round

Group C

Argentina: They should go to quarterfinals or better
Ivory Coast: One of the strongest africans teams
Serbia Montenegro: Won't past 1st round
Nederland: They should past 1st round but they have to beat Ivory Coast

I Will continue tomorrow Rolling Eyes
mtorregiani
Group D

Mexico: Will past 1st round
Iran: Wont past 1st round
Angola: Will have to beat Portugal
Portugal: They should past, but is not easy

Group E

Italy: Wont past 1st round
Ghana: They'll have to fight
USA: Will have to beat Italy and Ghana
Czech Rep.: Will past 1st round

Group F

Brazil: Will play final
Croatia: They are not strong, but still past 1st round
Australia: Wont past 1st round
Japan: Wont past 1st round

Group G

France: Will past 1st round
Switzerland: They should past 1st round
Korea: Wont past 1st round
Togo: Wont past 1st round

Group H

Spain: Will past 1st round
Ukraine: Will past 1st round
Tunisie: Wont past 1st round
Saudi Arabia: Wont past 1st round
adiutrix
I cannot beleive the largest nation in the world did not get into the World Cup!

Oh well, Go Ukraine I guess... Mad No, they steal gas from us! Razz
kany
Group C really seems tough with argentina and Netherland within . Well i don't see other such tight pools.
ivanhoe
I'm cheering for Netherlands, go Orange! It's about time that they win one. Since my country doesn't even have a soccer team, I also cheer for Japan as my Asian representatives. If I have to be honest with myself though, I give Brazil and Germany the best chances for winning. Brazil because they are the most talented squad in the world and Germany because they have homefield advantage.
resolve
I think Brazil will be the champion of Fifa world cup 2006

since Ronaldihno is really great in offending!

dida is also great in penalty stopping and goal keeping.

So, I think Brazil will be the winner!

Brazil!!

Sure win!!

haha

Very Happy
KRONIC
wassup people, well i is ah trini and my country has made it to the world cup for the first time!! it is a historic event for us and we comming out to mash up de world cup this year!!

SOCA WARRIORS is de BEST!!

our first match up is with England and we will mash dem up bad!!
IceCameron
Well sorry to put you down fellas but Iceland has decided to win, there's no stoppin us!
supjapscrapper
It's good to see with which emphasis you support african teams!!!
that was ironic if you didn't get tit!!
actually I'm moroccan, and I'm pretty sure none of the african teams will have the slightest chance to go past the first round.
They are just not good enough!
Well apart from Ivory coast they've been completely bad at tthe recent african championships.

But yeah, you gotta keep hope ain'it?
keempe
bigdan wrote:
I'm an Aussie...I'm so excited about our mighty Socceroos making it to our first WC since the 70's Very Happy
i'm an belgian but i support you aussie's too Very Happy good luck at the world cup you got my support Very Happy australia on top!!!
aeroX
Hi! It's my first post here, I have been registered few minutes ago,,,
and I have to reach a good punctuation to have my free hosting... Razz

My name's Sergio, I'm from Spain and I am studying Informatic Engineering,,, Brasil will win the next World Cup, Spain ****** but they don't run,,, Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

All people know the causes: Paella, Siesta, Alcohol,,, and żMaRiJuaNa? <--- Main Problem x'DDDD

PD: If I don't write well,,, sorry sorry sorryyyyy Wink
kailash
i hope england wins!!!

go michael owen!!!
shigajet
I'm not a big soccer/football fan per se, and if I do watch a game it's likely to be in the final four, but I think either Germany, Brazil, England or Argentina look like they'll go deep in the tournament - with Germany quite likely to emerge as the champion...ulnless there are a few 'sleepers' that may surprise.
kinkladze
bigdan wrote:

yeah, finally got there. you lot always have the odds stacked against you with that play off rubbish to deal with so good one on getting there finally.

And this from an England fan lol

Shocked
cloudi83
Omg 2006 already?...go the socceroos, Guus Hindik for president. Yeah I've support Brazil the last 8 years cause of their star players and cause they actually get up there.

Well now the Socceroos made it into the cup they've got my support. But I'm still a Brazilian fan...just in case australia gets played out in early rounds.

Shame we had to turn to an overseas couch to get our players together. The way we made the world cup wasn't all that reassuring as well...I mean we won a penalty shoot out?.....that doesn't say we have a good team, it says we have a good goal keeper. Never mind alls good....WC 2006 here we come!
cortez_tb
i think that it will be a great world cup with great matches... i`m sorry that romania did not qualify (again) for this W.C. .. and turkey also .. but i think that brazil will win... they have great players and they play for pleasure.. !so .. in the final Brazil vs Germany.. and , ho knows , maybe the brazilian team will let the germans win becouse they put so many efforts in org. this !
legion
cortez_tb wrote:
i think that it will be a great world cup with great matches... i`m sorry that romania did not qualify (again) for this W.C. .. and turkey also .. but i think that brazil will win... they have great players and they play for pleasure.. !so .. in the final Brazil vs Germany.. and , ho knows , maybe the brazilian team will let the germans win becouse they put so many efforts in org. this !

romania never qualifies to a final tournament
Laughing
Morten
To bad Norway didn't beat chech republic in playoffs to quallify. We lost 1-0 home and away. But We are just not good enough at the moment.

So as a good neighbour, I hope Sweden goes far. But I think Argentina has the strongest team this year. They showed that in the confederations cup where they mustered mostly the B-Squad, while Brazli only lacked 2 or 3 of their key players. But you can never discard Brazil.

Germany's team I think is not up to the task yet despite the fact that they have home field advantage. Their team need some more time I think. But the host nation is always up there. Just look at South Korea and Japan the last World Cup.....

England will be a flopp in this world cup unless they can put aside all the problems they have been having with their coach. And if they suck in this tournament, I blame the English tabloids.

Italy is always up there. They typically starts out bad, but improves as the tournament advances(usually anyway Smile )

But final will be:

Argentina 3-2 Brazil Very Happy

M.
bigdan
keempe wrote:
bigdan wrote:
i'm an belgian but i support you aussie's too Very Happy good luck at the world cup you got my support Very Happy australia on top!!!

Thanks mate!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
repnosis
bigdan wrote:

congrats on finally getting to the world cup,,, but unfortunately for u i dont think u will qualify from your group....maybe Gus will do it 4 ya....
come on England! thats what i say,,, u know we gonna win,,,,,, or maybe not,,lol
camelo_do_alaska
Brazil is whicj have more chances to win..... but i like england, they have a very good team!!!!
nacho
I think Brasil is oging to win as they did in 2002. They got all the best players in the world. They got the best fowards and the best defence. There is no competition! Ronaldinho is nasty!
heyah_pozytywny
Please don't think that Germany'll be in final. They're playing not good football now, and Klinsmann isn't a good coach. I'm from Poland Cool and i support Poland to win the group A with Germany or Costa Rica. The biggest suprise of this tournament can be Costa Rica, Australia or Question Croatia.
cole09mcfc
germany will beat england in semi and lose to brazil in final, while england will finish 3rd beating spain in 3d place play off.
adiutrix
I feel bummed, Russia did not even get into the World Cup so... yeah GO ITALY! Razz I would support New Zealand if only they knew HOW to apply into the world cup hehe
umair_9001
think brazil hv a vey good chance again..though germanz will try their best..

May the best team win..
crasso
Ok, yesterday we (Croatia) defeated Argentina 3:2 in friendly match, play 1:1 against Brasil in august 2005 in another friendly.

The best in yesterday's game for us are the new young good player in the midfield Luka Modric, Ivica Olic success return after injury and very determined Mario Tokic (defender from the bench). Others did usually good role.

I hope you didn't forget who is always dark horse in the championship? Wink
assex
You know something about every sport? People just go on and support the current winning team. That's coz they're fools! Normal people just support the winners. Cowards do that. I am not normal. Otherwise I would have gone like everyone else who supports Brazil and would've never enjoyed any matches coz I would support some other team in my heart. Just support what's in your heart and don't support Brazil just coz they win all the time. Understood?
I support England!
kripesh
I support Argentina, I really love that team.
By the way, BBC Has Created an useful electronic fixture. Click the below link to download the file
Download Electronic Wallchart
Kafka
umair_9001 wrote:
think brazil hv a vey good chance again..though germanz will try their best..

May the best team win..

Germany now like dark horse, everybody know whey are strong, but nobody realy know whey true possibilities, but I wish whey'll get WC
adepss1
Group A

Germany: Will make it to the next round and possiblly the semis
Costa Rica: TIf they beat poland and Ecuador will qualify for the next round
Poland: They have to beat Costa Rica to get past the first round
Ecuador: Are aggressive and bad tempered team , but could upset the hosts

Group B

England: Are in an easy group, Lucky for them as the British style of play lacks creativity and style.

Paraguay: Strong team, could upset England and Sweden
Trinidad y Tobago: Easy meat for the others but could give England some trouble
Sweden: Should win the group

Group C

Argentina: They should go to quarterfinals or better
Ivory Coast: Can give any team a run for their money
Serbia Montenegro: Have potential to beat anyone on their best day
Netherlands: Inconsistent, on paper they look dangerous, will depend on whether they can keep their nerve.

Group D

Mexico: Are often Lucky but have a bad reputation in Europe due to their supporters loud mouth attitude and poor behaviour. The Germans hate them so will give this team no support.-They will struggle to get beyond the quarterfinals.

Iran: Wont past 1st round
Angola: Will have to beat Portugal
Portugal: TShould put 2-3 past Mexico and qualify easily

Group E

Italy: Should win this group (a tough group) and go on to the Final
Ghana: Aggressive team , will have to be better disciplined or will be making a quick exit.
USA: Will be sunk by Italy and The Czech Rep.
Czech Rep.: Should go through but won't be able to top Italy

Group F

Brazil: Will make a shock 1st round exit, Australia and Croatia will be too physical for them and Japan with Zico at their side will at least draw with them.
Croatia:Will top the group
Australia: Will cause a few upsets and may just squeak through
Japan: Will be in the running but wont go further than the quarters.

Group G

France: Have an easy group so should be going through.
Switzerland: They should past 1st round
Korea: Wont past 1st round
Togo: Wont past 1st round

Group H

Spain: Will make a good run bur wont be able to beat Italy or Argentina if they meet in the quarters.
Ukraine: Will make it to the quarters but no further.
Tunisie: Wont pass1st round
Saudi Arabia: Wont pass 1st round

I pick Italy, Croatia, Argentina ,Spain for the semis
Misty
legion wrote:
LoSKoP wrote:

yes, trully Germany will win the final with Brasil, but ONLY if those referees do some "little" magic to help them reach it
Twisted Evil

Nah, I reckon Germany will come 2nd and Brasil first. Because Brasil's got Ronaldinho - soccer GOD!
B4rt3k
I'm from polad and my tam have qualified to WC2006 Smile I'm really happy about that. But Brasil is the best team in the world and they'll win the German tournament. I know this Wink
hcjgh
i think Brasil will win because it has a great team with a lot of good players who can win the game with one thing!
netthug
YAY World Cup 06 in Germany! I cant wait. I wish i could have gone to the matches. As to who wins i think Brazil are strong candidates and a lot of pressure is being placed on England because people believe the team has the capability to win the world cup. I guess we'll just wait and see!!!
wsco
every 4 years we see this festival
a great collection of most talent players : ronalniho , henry , sheva , roney , adriano , gilardino , gerrard , lampard and other many many

i guess we will be surprised who will carry this cup
i can't decide who and which team is deserevd it

perhaps :

1- brazil " of course who else"
2- germany "why not "
3- England " great team - i wish "
4-itlay " i don't like its way to play "
5-holland "unlucky team "
6- cote d'ivore " hahaha - in my dreams "

i hope we enjoy this cup
with fair paly
and no racim no racim
azianninja
the world cup is gonna ROK!!!

in fact FIFA ROX!!

i love football/soccer, i live and breath it, how can u not like it... i guess ur just crazy...

but anywayz... i reckon brazil will win this time... im puttin my faith in them... dont let me down!! come on BRAZIL!!!!!
markbt
England are a good team!!! But their not good enough!!! there is no way they are going to beat teams like Brazil if they struggle to beat teams like Ireland!!! And what is Sven up to???? Great way to motivate the team eh???
alkutob
I think it will be great ... I heard about amazing arrangments as Germany in all organization and technical experts teams stand ready to calculate every possible effort that bring success to all events .

And I think we'll enjoy more when start living that event
Brazil is definitely the strongest favorite to win the World Cup. and I like them also. Especially Ronaldinho, if he can maintain his current form into World Cup. With Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Adriano, Kaka, Robinho, their attack is full of talents. but their defence is not as good as last World Cup because Cafu, R Carlos etc are four years older.
Othe countries like Germany(host advantage), Argentina, Italy, England, Holland, are second-tiered favorites I believe. All hoping to win, and have a good chance after Brazil. Each of these countries also have some World Class players.
But I don't think France is strong enough this time. Zidane is already past his prime and Henry is not as good as he plays in Arsenal's system.

We will see soon. Let's enjoy the football.
guikr
Brazil is the best, is the win!!\o/\o/
patrick9480
If your a betting man (or woman) you would be well advised not to bet on anyone else but Brazil. They're only weakness is at the back and even there they aren't too bad. With the likes of Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Robinho, Kaka, and Adriano going forwards I just don't see how they can lose. Its a real shame the Republic of Ireland didn't make it as we were in such a good position right throughout the qualifying stages up until the end when we messed it all up. Ah well, this summer I'm a Brazilian.
elincinerador
this world cup will be different.. this will not be brazil's cup, certanly... they got a very easy group again and they will pass first round, but they won't go very much farther... i believe that argentina will fe finalist and eventually win. they learnt their lesson from 2002 and they are facing again the toughest group (although is nothing compared to the one in korea-japan... that WAS a diffiult group) but the argentinans always have great teams and i'm sure they can win the cup. another team i will concider is the czech republic: they have a low profile but those guys really can be a pain in the neck for any rival and i can bet that they will be in the four fists... they won't win anyway, they need experience.. they are a fothcoming power in football, of that i'm sure. well the rest of the important teams: germany is one of my candidates other than argentina. they are playing local and that's a great advantage. mexico has the status of head of the group, but come on... mexico??? if the group was just a little bit tougher they would not pass the first round, but they were lucky... england always has a good team but they can't win.. italy is not in a good moment... netherlands is a candidate, they should've been in the place of mexico without any doubt... the matter is that the FIFA wants to expand football and sometimes they loose notion of reality...and saying that another team could win other than these is just an uthopy
Ascaron
I think that most chances to win have Spain
England, Arjentina, Brazil, Germany...all they have too, but my favorite is Spain!

Brazil have a brilliant squad (with the footballer with alien class Ronaldinho) , but the World Cup is in Europe!! Here is different!!! I think World Cup will be won by a European team!! This World Cup will be very good, so much teams have chances to do something!!!
juan6248
Best teams not in World Cup 2006

Greece
Uruguay
Colombia
Guatemala
watersoul
I made a wish as a child that I'll see me country qualify for a world cup final some time in my life. 1958 Argh! that was the last time the mighty Wales made it, so being a welshman living in England has been a nightmare with the teasing & joking my friends dish out to me.
One day we'll be there, but until then, I'll wish the best of luck to any UK home nation we're not playing against.
Oh another curious point, I'd rather support a struggling Team Wales than a world beating Team UK (which it probably would be) - everyone would call it the "English" team because the majority of players would come from the biggest partner of the UK, and the Scots, N.Irish & Welsh would be forgotten about.
...i'll get back to my dreaming for now though! Brick wall
benji2
brazil or france will win it

the rest are not good enough
kepika
i am from germany, but i won't be for germany until our ***** trainer [klinsman] will take wörns into the team. wörns is the best defensplayer in germany, however klinsmann don't put him in the team. i can't belive it.

i think brazil will win, because they have the best offense-player and their defense is becoming better. the final will be brazil-italy
Manwho
I am with the Dutch.

It's because of Ruud van Nistelrooy, but they have some great players, and a great coach.

Drawn in the "Group of Death", I think they will qualify, beating S&M and Ivory Coast, and drawing with Argentina, although I hope they beat them.

Brazil, once again favourites but it's going to be difficult for them this year. There are more difficult teams this year, and they are probably stronger than last time.

I dont see England winning the World Cup, Italy and Argentina will be strong favourites. The Czechs and the Dutch to spoil the party, they're 2nd and 3rd I think in the rankings !!!

France, only if they iplay good from the start. And finally Spain, can see them easily qualifying for 2nd round, but difficult after that.

Oh and how could I forget Portugal?...they have a good chance of doing very good in the World Cup. But ince again cant see them making the final.
supjapscrapper
I'm living here in germany and it's gonna be crazy during the world cup here man!!! I can't wait for this I'm really impatient!!! Morocco won't play, that makes me very sad, but I'll certainly live the experience to the fullest here !!!!
rajhank

I am not a big fan of soccer so I don't know much about it.

BTW, I'm crazy about CRICKET.
mialynavahy
My favourite : Brazil : my stats :
Group D

Mexico
Portugal : quarter or semi-final

Group E

Italy
USA: maybe
Czech Rep

Group F

Brazil: come on
Croatia
Japan: maybe

Group G

France
Switzerland

Group H

Spain : final or semi-final why not
Ukraine: Will past 1st round
Tunisie: maybe
Arctos
This World Cup 2006 wil be awesom i think. In group A: we (Poland) wil pase this group on 2nd place (on 1st will be Germany). I hope my Team will be in Top 8.

My rates:
1. Brazil
2. Germany
3. Argentina
4. Japan
6. England
7. France
8. Poland
bigdan
watersoul wrote:
I made a wish as a child that I'll see me country qualify for a world cup final some time in my life. 1958 Argh! that was the last time the mighty Wales made it, so being a welshman living in England has been a nightmare with the teasing & joking my friends dish out to me.
One day we'll be there, but until then, I'll wish the best of luck to any UK home nation we're not playing against.
Oh another curious point, I'd rather support a struggling Team Wales than a world beating Team UK (which it probably would be) - everyone would call it the "English" team because the majority of players would come from the biggest partner of the UK, and the Scots, N.Irish & Welsh would be forgotten about.
...i'll get back to my dreaming for now though! Brick wall

Heck, I know what you mean. We Aussies had to wait at least 30 years (I know you've had to wait longer) to get in...you'll get there in the end. Very Happy
KRONIC
These are MY thoughts. by the way this is Trinidad's first ever world cup and we will mash all of allyuh in this!!

Group A

Germany: Cant win!!
Costa Rica: Cant win
Poland: no chance
Ecuador: hell no!!

Group B

England: Have no chance against trinidad
Paraguay: no chance
Trinidad y Tobago: Will win the World Cup!!
Sweden: a little chance!!

Group C

Argentina: they have a chance
Ivory Coast: this team is shit
Serbia Montenegro: cant pass nuttin
Nederland: nothing here!!
ldnnyktky
I hope England and Japan do well.
I'm sorry Rooney's injury although Owen came back.
kccfirhost
I like England because I like manchester !
I like Rooney but he is now having metatarsal bone in his right foot.
I can't believe What the England team will be if both Own (still facing injure)and Rooney are absent !!
Crying or Very sad
Do you think that England still have change ?
Alienz
At first I think England has high chance to win the World Cup but after Rooney's injury I think it will be hard for England.

I bet Brazil or Holland going to win the World Cup Cool
MM357
For me I think one of these teames will get it .. oR it will be a surprize for me :-

England :

(Best players in Europe : 1- Lampard 2-Gerrard)

Have some problem in the front line (wayne Roony is still injured)

Germany :

Land owners and one of the best collections of players in the world (Ballak, Klose, Korani, ...)

Brazil :

Best Player in the world : Ronaldinho Wink

High Skilled Players : Ronaldo, Robinho, KaKa

High experienced players : Carlos, Ronaldo

NetherLands :

High Skilled Players : Nistelroy, Van der Vaart, Roben, ...

High Expereinced players : Van der Sar, Bergkamp(if he will play)

Italy :

Experiensed , Skilled , and popular vplayers: Totti, Del Peiro, and Casano
_________

I wish Iran Good luck .. as I admire this country .. (it is only a personal opinion)
bigdan
What do you guys think about our (Australia) chances? Shocked
ratish.prakash@gmail.com
I think England will win it this time around. They'll the big guns
ratish.prakash@gmail.com
Aussie chances are low..they lack experience at the top level...they might give some teams a good run for their money....only if the stars play well and there are no injuries..they might reach the quarters.
twisterscoot
i think brazil will win!!! Laughing
lujango
well, the powers arrives strongest than other times: brazil (damn! who's gonna defeat them?), england, italy, france, germany, holland, argentina and even mexico (jaja).

i found a fifa world cup 2006 manager, multilanguage, auto-update and very small Arrow HERE
FreakyCoderz
Well, from my 'virtually' listed stand-out... most probably BEST line-up will be the Brazil team. Names like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo ... and few other that dominated the Italian league; they seems to 'dominate' the game itself with their SAMBA.

The have a change to get into the semis. Not to forget the Germans, Italians and the Argentines....

The coolest team for me might be the Dutch team. They're the underdog for this season.

The English packs is good BUT only within their EPL games... but things can change..... I really enjoy the EPL series.

Most probable list for the semis:

Brazil
    Italy
    Nederland
    Germany

Any other option/s?
crasso
I'm from country in which it is said that we are the country with 4,5 millions coaches... Laughing Everybody think that he (or she...) knows the best squad for national team. And, also we know who is the best! Surprised

Just kidding, but some polls said that 60% of Croats expect Croatia would get the final of the championship!? Interesting...

Ok, this is my opinion:

1. England
2. Brasil
3. Ivory Coast
4. Mexico

If there wasn't this poll of 60%, I would said Croatia would be at one of this four places, but after poll, I should be restrained. Very Happy
FreakyCoderz
Remember....? those days when the Cameroon show its good game? I think everyone enjoys their game.... out from no where they even-out the points.....

Remember the goalie Thomas n'Kno? Those days...... German got Sepp Meirs (hope got his name right??)

I thinks I am forgetting the 'African" nations..... from the Africa there are a few 'good' ones..... players are excellent in attacking and ball control..

Frankly.... Ronaldinho have the edge in "personal ball control" His swifness in ball control is marvelous!

....but then, football is a team event..... the ball is round instead of flat... the game is open for team understanding...
Mamsaac
well, I'm mexican and of course I would love my country to win this world cup, but I don't really picture it happening, at least this year.

I think Brazil and Germany could make a perfect world cup as they did in Korea.
tefa_taftaf2010
Quote:

i think so too

because the cup will be on it's land

and so they will be a huge encouragement to them Wink Wink
Scorpio
Encouragement, My ****.

Their form is not the best in recent times.
I still wonder how they made it to the finals last time around.

This time, most of the teams are stronger and germany is not included in that list,.

Their group may be easier relatively, and I do root for a number of players in germany but I dont support the team on the whole
udaykamboj
I aint a soccer fanatic but do like to watch the sport occasionally. I'm also looking forward to the world cup 2006. I don't think my Indian team would even qualify for the world cup so I'll probably choose the best option avaialble, Brazil! Hope that they win the world cup again this year! A great fun of Ronaldo, Ronaldino. But most importantly I want that the game should be played in it's true sense and should be played neatly. I really hope that no one cheats this time unlike precious world cups, with new technology it really become disappointing to find great international players cheating in future replays and by keen observation.

All the best to all teams!

Kick Off!
DJ Santos
in your opinion, is brasil capable of repeating 2002 world cup win and why!?
engeland
football is so unpredictable. look what happened to favourites france in the previous world cup. and who would have thought japan and korea and even turkey could make it so far through. I'm banking on their game to at least make it through. But for them to win? i dowana jump to conclusions. lol Very Happy
selim06
i think they will win...But i also think we should discous it in here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-22628.html
lujango
FreakyCoderz wrote:
....but then, football is a team event..... the ball is round instead of flat... the game is open for team understanding...

well, brazil team are more than ronaldinho: ronaldo, kaka', robinho, cafu, carlos, dida, baptista... Confused , well baptista no... Razz
Dragonfly
I think it is okay to discuss here too because the other thread is too general. The question here is whether Brazil will win the Worldcup 2006 or not. In my personal opinion Brazil will not win this time but they will reach very far. They will even reach the finals but the other team will win. They could be England, Germany, or France. This is my prediction.
Dragonfly
juan6248 wrote:
Best teams not in World Cup 2006

Greece
Uruguay
Colombia
Guatemala

What about Cameroon, they are the biggest underdogs who could have made it to the worldcup, so does Nigeria. I think they deserve too.

However, the team I would miss the most if CHILE.
skynet
Well defently she is the favorite.. and I think that she have the most chances to win the World cup, she have the best players in the whole world.
Alienz
I had the same feeling that Brazil gonna win the World Cup.
dwcnps
Nah... I definently think that Australia is going to win!
tribe
I love how everyone fails to mention the USA, as we are ranked #5 by FIFA....

Now I know all of Europe and well the world hates us, which I like, but how funny would it be for us to win the World Cup.

It will take some major upsets and some big balls, but it can be done.
Italy isn't the Italy of the past, we can get by the Czechs, I mean its not impossible....

Mexicans dressed like damn Osama, will we be seeing Saddam or Hitler in Germany, I sure hope not.

I think BRAZIL will win it, but I want the good ole- USA To Win It All!
crasso
tribe wrote:
Mexicans dressed like damn Osama, will we be seeing Saddam or Hitler in Germany, I sure hope not.

From what hole you have slipped out?
shun
Well, i think definitely yes because they have THE BEST players in their team.
Kaka, Ronadiho, Ronald, etc. So it is highly unlikely that they're going to win the World Cup once again
lujango
tribe wrote:
I love how everyone fails to mention the USA, as we are ranked #5 by FIFA....

if you believe this rank, u need to read more soccer stuffs
engeland
dwcnps wrote:

ahaha... i would like to see that happen. It may make the world cup even MORE unpredictable !
Laughing
joshdifabio
I really don't know. I think Brazil, Italy and Germany are all pretty equally likely to win it. Germany always do well and the hosts seem to usually go further than expected - look at south korea getting to the semis last year! (albeit with some cheating). Italy have been very strong under Lippi and obviously Brazil have an amazing attack. However, Brazil only play with two out-and-out defenders in Lucio and Roque Junior (?), the second of whom is by no means world-class and their defence certainly is by no means inpenetrable. I also think England could win the tournament, but they rarely play well against any teams so I think it is unlikely.
bigdan
dwcnps wrote:

Laughing I hope they do too, but given we're in the same group as them, I think that might be a bit hard. Wink

Seriously, unless their stars get injured or suspended, they should win it without any problems.
desertwind
Yes, I beleive that Brazil (obviously the best team in world now) is gonna win the WC.

But WC has a habit of not supporting the best team.
Bourgondier
No I think the Netherlands will win.
Adut
Brazil is the best!

Croatia is the worst Laughing
cghq
I have supported brazil all my life..... i really would like to see them win it BUT somehow I think they have been hyped up too much...

.... With my heart i say brazil...

.... With my head I would say Holland/Spain/Argentina...

and any England fans? sorry your gone before the second round even begins Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tior
What do you think abou Czech Republic? I think we will be winners of the World Cup 2006.Final game will be Czechs vs Brazil Smile .I see,that many of you dont except with us
indianinworld
Pre-Opinion Calls are mere assumptions. It is a matter of talent. Who knows, Brazil may lose the first league match.

If you all can predict the winner Laughing , then there is no need for us to watch the One of the world's most loved games Live.

Happy watching and i wish all the Best for All the Teams and all the wishes for all the fans of respective country.

Iam from a non-football (not qualified for world cup foot-ball) playing country and i unanimously support - Brazil.

Let us all watch the Action, Till then bye Very Happy

keep smiling
fkmax
I think its time for England to win the world cup after all these years. They have so much talents and good players that its time for them to win. But everything depends on how they are going to play...Anyway England will win World Cup 2006 for sure.
Scorpio
I never know why I never will support England or Man U for any reason.

But well, I always distance myself from both.

There are teams like netherlands who deserve it better
kazza
Don't think there is a chance the dutch will win this years world cup. I watched their match against Australia and they actually drew 1-1 even when Australia was down to 10 men in the second half and Australia is like ranked 60th in the world. Plus 3 of their key regular starters got injured during the match and will most likely miss the world cup.

I think this years world cup will be hard to guess as anything can happen in - as seen in the dutch and Aus match. I believe, it will come down between England and Brazil. But we'll wait and see! Very Happy
colinmillar
n0obie4life wrote:
Okay, post your thoughts on the World Cup 2006 and discuss it. I'm not really a fan of football/soccer so..

World cup spoiled by scotland not qualifying?
blusser
i live in germany so i am going to watch some matches. i am sure that germany win this world cup.....
wsco
where
and
how
and
with who
u will see
World cup 2006

share with me Very Happy
wsco
i don't know
how i can see it
i can't pay all that money
is there any free channels
wsco
i hope i can find channels
freeeee
at hotbird
katzen3
I like in Germany we have 3free and 2payed channels...+i can go to videoscreens which are all over the city Dancing Dancing
wsco
i like brazil
but i think
it is the time FOR Very Happy ENGLAND Very Happy

and why not

look at that team

FULL OF TALENTS

GERRARD
BECHAM
LAMPARD
J.COLE
A.COLE
OWEN
TERRY
Arrow
Arrow Arrow and I wish RONEY can make it and play "this is my dream "

PREFECT team

by the way i'm not from englan

but I loVe this Team

Go England
wsco
Laughing Laughing Laughing katzen3

i wish i been there
skynet
Well I will see in my charm home Smile
hope to see a great football.. and that Brazil win ..
shun
In here there's no channel for world cup, so sad. I don't have money to pay for the cable either. So I think all I can do is to go to some forum and watch their instant discussion, though it's kind of boring and far wrose than watching it on live. Still, it's better than to know nothing. I get a lot of time in the summer anyway, so I get time to do this.
tkcy
well, i don't think brazil's gonna win man. Not this time.

Serbia and Montegro can be an underdog.

The gonna be the last chance for the aging czechs.

It might well be Zidane's last hurrah or perhaps England or Spains start for dominance. Who knows? Cheers! Smile
elincinerador
no... i don't think... they are the clear fauvorites. but they won't.
dotnet
From my point of view "Brasil-tank" just unstoppable, probability of Brasil get WC 75-85%. But there are 20% for all the rest teams. Wink
amusic
No. Brazil is not going to win this time. Germany will win. Very Happy
dalma101
Brazil has the most famous team and the prettiest means to play. I make it my favourite to win this WC. But Germany play at domicile, and some other teams such as France, England, Spain and Portugal can create a surprise...
dwcnps
amusic wrote:

Everybody, he has a point. Home advantage, germany has all the support they need, I can almost agree with you.
bercha
I guess Brazil will again this year...
hey! This is not fair if they get to win every year!! Give other people a chance! seriously... Evil or Very Mad
bercha
dwcnps wrote:
amusic wrote:

Everybody, he has a point. Home advantage, germany has all the support they need, I can almost agree with you.

Brazil has a big chance that they're gonna win this year.. but I agree with dwcnps too! Germany has all the support they need! hmm.. hard to predict
tribe
Wanna throw this out, I know a lot of soccer haters in America who have already told me they do plan on watching the World Cup closely, because its one event that takes over the world, and the winner gets the utmost respect.

Of course I want the USA to have a magical run at the title, and really do think they will!
shwetanshu
I support England and brazil
mstreet
I think England or Brazil. My favourite player is on the Dutch team though.
llobo1
England are going to win the world cup: Rooney will score a hat-trick in the final. Cu'mon England!! Very Happy
amusic
I will be at home watch television or when out and watch it with my friends. Very Happy
Arcanoid
I'll watch it at home. I'm from Switzerland but even then I hope that germany is going to win today!

But I think Argentina will win the worldcup because they have the most complete team.

Why doesn't anyone see that brazil aren't that good! Their defence is to weak!!!
senk
I will watch from home with a cold beer here. Smile Buy so bad I will watch the game alone Sad
KMKM
Yay!!!!

after 4 years of waiting .... our loved fifa is back ^_^ ^_^.. though i am a kid and i am studying in 10th grade (which is an all country exam this time) i still gonna watch all my favoriate matches.....
i hearly support Brazil , England and Argentine.... they rock Wink Wink Wink Wink
and yeah we cant predict anything in games.. whether football or cricket....
its just a matter of skill and luck .....
to all ppl... enjoy this fifa A LOT.. cauze its a pain to wait for 4 years to get another dose Wink Wink

Kudos!
~KMKM
redhawk1044
Even though I have a strong dislike for the sport of Soccer, and for those of you out there that insist on calling it Football you are all wrong. Anyway I'm going to have to back the US since I'm from the United States. As much as I hate to say it I think that Brazil has the best chance out of any of the other teams to win the cup.
KMKM
Germany vs Costa Rica
Group A Match #1

Germany beat costa rica by 4 - 2 ( 93 minutes )

Germany goals
1. Lahm 05 min
2. Klose 16 min (Schweinsteiger)
3. Klose 60 min (Schweinsteiger)
4. Frings 86 min (Schweinsteiger) <----- Goal of the match

Costa Rica goals
1. Wanchope 11 min (Gómez)
2. Wanchope 72 min (Centeno)

Yello / Red Cards in the match
Yellow card - Fonseca - 30 min (Costa Rica)

awsome game... thriller!! worth watching!!

Kudos!
~KMKM
Xavier
I want Brazil to take the cup!!
Each player in Brazil is marvellous!
My second fav are England!
WIsh we can see BRAZIL vs ENGLAND in the finals!
Jurado
Easy win of Germany even without Ballack but they have still a lot to do, They defense isn't very good. It must improve if they want the title.
KMKM
Jurado wrote:
Easy win of Germany even without Ballack but they have still a lot to do, They defense isn't very good. It must improve if they want the title.

yah but their attack rocked didnt it?
even leamenn worked well..... but yeah defence needs to be looked upon...
i am eagerly waiting for other matches Razz
i still think brazil gonna take out the cup this time... but well letz see
england's performence is yet to be seen.....
but yeah... this match was good...
whatever u say... germany's attack was awsome...

Kudos!
~KMKM
KMKM
Poland Vs. Ecuador
Group A Match #2

Ecuador beat Poland by 2 - 0 ( 92 minutes )

Ecuador Goals
1. Tenorio C 23 min (Delgado) <---- Goal of the match
2. Delgado 79 min (Kaviedes)

Poland Goals
-none-

Yellow / Red Cards in the match

Yellow Card - Méndez 69 min (ecuador)
Yellow Card - Hurtado 30 min (ecuador)
Yellow Card - Smolarek 36 min (poland)

Next game: Paraguay v. England: 6:30pm IST Jun 10

descent game.. poland was expected.. but alas! itz football
OMG itz like 3 am in the morning.. if dad sees me ... im done;)

oh forgot here are the standings at the end of day 1

Kudos!
good night
~KMKM
Jurado
Easy win of Ecuador, Wasn't that good as Germany-Costa Rica. Polen isn't very strong so I don't think they get to next round. If Ecuador wins next match en Polen looses to Germany it is already over in that group.

Grtzz,
sebascorre
I think Argentina is going to play the final.
They have a strong determination to win
cghq
im gona be making the most of the world cup this year, only comes around every 4th year so i ahve begun changing my sleeping patterns so that i can watch the games without feeling tired and i have stacked the fridge, freezer and pantry with good food to eat while watching, e.g. very healthy stuff, chips, pies, etc etc Laughing Laughing
otaku
I'm watching through ESPN 2 and the BBC Five Live (UK only).

I so wish I could've went to germany this year, but I wasn't able to get a ticket in time. Oh well, Watching in HD is good enough for me.

BTW, GO USA GO USA!!!!
otaku
#1. Get the Name Right
it's B R A Z I L with a Z.

Brazil has a great shot at the World Cup. They've had one of the best teams in the whole world. So long that they keep play strong and aggresive they have a very good chance.

I hate to say it but I'm also supporting USA and ENGLAND

I'm wearing a brazil shirt right now...
Tatsumaru
I don't like soccer/football at all, too much idiots in this country that go berserk over it. I'm cheering for Poland if I do have to pick (my mothers half of the family is Polish) but they won't get far. The Netherlands... gah, I really don't care Laughing
KMKM
Group B - Match #3 - 97 min

England vs. Paraguay

England beat Paraguay by 1 - 0

England Goals

Gamarra(paraguay) 03 min [beckham] <---- Goal of the match
regarded as a own goal.. but all credits to beckham for the superb placement of his free kick... he roxxor

Paraguay goals
-none-

Yellow / Red cards in the match
Gerrard 18 min (England)
Crouch 62 min (England)
Valdez 21 min (Paraguay)

overall it was a so - so match .. got a nice shoot up by goal in the third minute...
and paraguay played well... gave england a run for their money....
anyways ... lemme go to watch the other match Laughing

kudos!
~KMKM
time_ar
It must be a real previlege to be on the stadium. World Cup is one of the best sports in the world.
time_ar
It's very unpredictable.
KMKM
Group B - Match #4 - 93 min

Trinidad-Tobago vs Sweden

Draw 0 - 0

Tridad goals
-none-

Sweden goals
-none-

Yellow / red cards in the match
John A 14 min - Yellow 1. ( Trinidad-Tobago )
John A 45 min - Yellow 2. = RED( Trinidad-Tobago )
Yorke 73 min - Yellow( Trinidad-Tobago )
Larsson 89 min - Yellow( Sweden )

No goals Sad
boring match....
just slept the half way...
see ya going to watch Argentina one

Kudos!
~KMKM
KMKM
Group B - Match #5 - 93 min

ARGENTINA vs COTE D'IVOIRE

ARGENTINA beat COTE D'IVOIRE 2 - 1

ARGENTINA goals
23:42 - Hernán Crespo (ARG) scores a goal; celebrates by running around. The score is now 1-0.

37:31 - Javier Pedro Saviola (ARG) scores a goal, assisted by Juan Román Riquelme; celebrates by running around. The score is now 2-0.

COTE D'IVOIRE goals
81:36 - Didier Drogba (CIV) scores a goal, assisted by Didier Zokora. The score is now 2-1.

Yellow / red cards in the match
Yellow 40:55 - Javier Pedro Saviola (ARG)
Yellow 48:53 - Gabriel Heinze (ARG)
Yellow 60:57 - Emmanuel Eboue (CIV)
Yellow Luis González (ARG)
Yellow 90:28 - Didier Drogba (CIV)

great match.... good goals....
awsome thriller.... worth watching....
waiting for today's matches Very Happy

Kudos!
~KMKM
KMKM
Here are the standings... at the end of day 2....
itz gonna be interesting in group C in near future

Very Happy

Kudos!
~KMKM
Jurado
It was a very nice match to watch, Ivory Coast vs Argentina, With Riquelme starring again, He is an awesome player.

Holland was also very nice to watch against Servia and Montenegro. Now Mexico is playing, Iran don't look very bad. they are doing it well.

Grtzz,
Mamsaac
mexico 3 - 1 iran

the game was really entertaining... I didn't like Holland vs Serbia, but I was really tired and it mustbe that.
Mamsaac
totally unpredictable.

but, I will predict it!

1.-Brazil-Germany
2.-Brazil-Germany or Argentina
3.-Any of the above.

I just don't want Argentina to win first place, but they got a GREAT team.

and I think mexico can give a good surprise Smile
Jurado
You're Mexican so it is logic that you follow that team extra with emotion, But to me it was a boring match.
crasso
Jurado wrote:
You're Mexican so it is logic that you follow that team extra with emotion, But to me it was a boring match.

Iran didn't find a right way to play on this kind of competition. When they were 1 goal down, they played very well to equal. In minutes when they were chasing the 1:1, they lokeed like perfect squad. After they reach that, they got awfull feeling for championship, they felt security without play.

Noone can beats anyone without 90 minutes of true play.
selim06
I wondered about the result of Argentina-COTE D'IVOIRE I thought there would be a surprise and Cote D'ivore win it..But Argentina get it..I think Argentina didn't deserve it but some mistakes destroyed defence they get it...
tuncay
This one is probably the most boring world cup ever. If the favorites do not show teeth, expect real big surprises let me tell you.
KMKM
Netherlands Vs. Serbia.
was a so - so match.... anyways here are the stats

Kudos!
~KMKM
engeland
brazil and england are the strongest teams out there. But in world cup, you always have to include the hosts in the picture. So germany does stand a chance to do well in this world cup.
Jurado
I have seen the last 20 minutes, and it looked very good, They deserved the win.
wsco
we must wait to see all teams
KMKM
damn usa lost badly.. 3 - 0
will post details later as usual.. tommorow.. going off to see the other match...

Kudos!
~KMKM
4ndY
USA never did play good football Wink

btw. italia-gana -> excellent match! go watch it Very Happy
carlna
AzTeK wrote:
Yea no matter what anyone says, Mexico is going to win Very Happy . We have been doing much better even beat Brazil in some recent games but seriously id say it will be Argentina/Brazil/Germany.

Twisted Evil

They are probably are going to get past the first round with only one game badly lost versus Portugal. I mean come on! Angola and Iran! omg even I could beat them alone! pff this is so dumb. Mexico will get powned right after first round, its obvious!
sketteksalfa
This lost is overwhelming.. i never expect this to happen as i thought Japan is really prepared for this world cup.. on the other hand the english team just won by technicalities and not actually by goal point.. truly that soccer is not only a game for developed countries, and small countries can prove how united they are. soccer is a symbol of democracy for me.
jveezy
I think all American fans saw the game earlier today (It's still today on the West Coast) and were wondering WTF was going on.

It seriously looked like we turned the clock back 16 years or something.

It would be nice if the team tried to move a little...and preferably forward.
crasso
Damned, two teams in group E (one of which should play against Croatia in the next round) played excellent games against hard opponents. Rolling Eyes
Jurado
Their are no bad teams after the groupstages.
carlna
FRANCE WILL WIN

my predictions for tonight are france 2 -0 Switzerland

this what i think about some of the 32 teams in the fifa world cup
france-will win the fifa world cup
mexico-will win two games against Iran and Angola to pass the first round with only one game lost but badly lost against Portugal and shortly after get eliminated
angola-they are probaly win against iran but that's it.
togo-sometimes african teams could go pretty far but with france, south korea and that only good player from swizterland that plays at arsenal...not this time.
portugal- they will win all their games.
italy-they might pass the first round
England-shortly after the first round their dead
germany-because there at home they could go to the semi-finals and win third place or maybe even second(not beating FRANCE.)
australia- they will have to beat brazil or crotia. two very hard challenges.
argentia-they won't go to the finals but could win third.
Octaeder
4ndY wrote:

Actually I thought the USA had a good campaign in the 2002 world cup and certainly exceeded many people's expectations. I'm saying this as an independant being as I'm from England.

The last match they played was poor however.

And yes the Ghana match was excellent football. Despite the scoreline being what Italy deserved (especially given Ghana's lackluster defense) I think Ghana carried themselves well and showed huge promise given that this was there first entry in the world cup.
4ndY
the ref. in the italia-gana match was awful... first he didnt judge a penalty shot when a gana player got trampled in front of the italian goal, and then to compensate he didnt award a penalty when an italian player got the same treatment on the other side... this sure does suck because he uses a mistake to cover up a mistake, in my opinion two wrongs dontmake two rights Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Damned, two teams in group E (one of which should play against Croatia in the next round) played excellent games against hard opponents.

you really think croatia will pass the round Laughing
Guelila
carlna wrote:
FRANCE WILL WIN

mexico-will win two games against Iran and Angola to pass the first round with only one game lost but badly lost against Portugal and shortly after get eliminated
togo-sometimes african teams could go pretty far but with france, south korea and that only good player from swizterland that plays at arsenal...not this time.
germany-because there at home they could go to the semi-finals and win third place or maybe even second(not beating FRANCE.)

haha.. I wont comment on this..
But they did play a good match though.
They had some awesome kicks and stuff but overall they didnt do too good IMO..
The possession was at 50 :50 throughout the most of the game..
engeland
4ndY wrote:

true... they should learn from their women's football Laughing
Mamsaac
carlna wrote:
AzTeK wrote:

Twisted Evil

They are probably are going to get past the first round with only one game badly lost versus Portugal. I mean come on! Angola and Iran! omg even I could beat them alone! pff this is so dumb. Mexico will get powned right after first round, its obvious!

damn, you should learn that there is no weak team. It's the World Cup, if you understimate any team, you're wrong.

Iran has actually a much stronger team than I thought... and I also think Mexico can handle Portugal.
Mamsaac
carlna wrote:
AzTeK wrote:

Twisted Evil

damn, you should learn that there is no weak team. It's the World Cup, if you understimate any team, you're wrong.

Iran has actually a much stronger team than I thought... and I also think Mexico can handle Portugal.

and portugal had a LOT of troubles to beat Angola... Angola has a strong team too.
selim06
carlna wrote:
FRANCE WILL WIN

It was a really boring match..I think the legendary of France has finished..They need to revise the team and play good and fast football...So Henry was very very bad last night.
And Brazil-Croatia
It was just like kidding from Brazil to us..We waited for good play for 4 years but they walk only and KAKA scored! Croatia was good but very unlucky I think they need a good striker.
ainieas
selim06 wrote:

It was a really boring match..I think the legendary of France has finished..They need to revise the team and play good and fast football...So Henry was very very bad last night.
And Brazil-Croatia
It was just like kidding from Brazil to us..We waited for good play for 4 years but they walk only and KAKA scored! Croatia was good but very unlucky I think they need a good striker.

Yesterday's matches probably were the most boring. I almost fell asleep. Somebody answer me why Henry who is like the lone star of Arsenal play so darn tamely yesterday. And Brazil - with the expectations riding om them you'd almost expect each of the players to put one in the net! But a big let down both of the matches.
afracsass
carlna wrote:
FRANCE WILL WIN

It never happened. I think France will stay scoreless in this cup again. they'll never pass even the first round with their same old players.
Tatsumaru
God, that game from Germany against Poland was awful. I don't like soccer that much, but having some Polish blood in me I did watch the last 20 minutes of the game. And those were the most frustrating 20 minutes as well Laughing That second yellow card for the Polish player was out of place in my opinion, after that everything went straight to hell for Poland haha.

Ah well, tough luck. Germany deserved to win anyway.
photon
brazil versus trinidad and tobogo coming up today!! i dont think trinidad stand a slightest chance against the world champs. but still, they did play well in the first match against sweden. they played their heart out, and id support them against any team for that Smile
jendrex
Germany - Poland Sad Poland good defense... Smile Germany good game, 91 minute and goal Sad Poland team is good fight on this match :/ Group A is end... Germany and Equador win.
Mamsaac
photon wrote:
brazil versus trinidad and tobogo coming up today!! i dont think trinidad stand a slightest chance against the world champs. but still, they did play well in the first match against sweden. they played their heart out, and id support them against any team for that Smile

T&T is not at Brazil's group.
selim06
Germany-Poland was a good and strength game so I thought It finished when Ballack missed the goal at 90" but Oliver Neuville is still a good player and Odonkor with Neuville means a powerful game.
Mrs Lycos
Argentina 6 - Serbia and Montenegro 0
By far Argentina is the best them in the world cup. Not only did they play nicely, but also scored half a dozen to our delight.
Jurado
Yeeaaah they are pretty strong, Only Brazil can stop them. Hope to see them facing each other.
mephisto73
Don't be fooled by the 6-0...the Serbs stopped playing after 2-0, it's that balkan mentality.

Argentina is strong, no doubt, but they didn't shine as much against stronger opposition, and their game fell apart in the last few qualifying rounds.

Argentine is yet a dark horse to me...they have everying, but can they pull it together in match after match, when they run into better teams?

Maybe, maybe not.

Today there is three so so interesting games. Prediction:

POR : IRN 3 : 0
CZE : GHA 2 : 1
ITA : USA 2 : 0
Satori
I think the czech team will will against ghana. I didn't get to watch the argentina game but I hear they are very strong this year. What about germany, they are playing in their motherland...it has to make them stronger and they do have many great players!

It would be nice if they won sicne they are hosting the tourni, but I think Brazil might take it again.

Well see, sometimes it is nice to have an underdog rise above the pack, it makes things interesting, czech could do that.

Brazil vs Australia is going to be interesting tomorrow.
magneto_ms
Personally I would want Brazil to win. Well you might think what's the surprise if Brazil win. Well I been supporting Brazil for the last 2 world cups. And an amazing things happen when i watch Brazil play. Brazil wins every game I watch and lose every game that I don't watch for 98 and 2002.

In 98 I missed a league match and the final ( i fell asleep 4 the final:() and brazil failed in those 2 matches. Last world cup I watched all the 7 games and brazil won all the 7.

This world cup they have won the first game i watched too. Lets see what happens for Brazil X Australia...
selim06
Yesterday,there was a really interesting match for me and Ghana against Chezc and Ghana won!It was a really surprise for me,and I think 2010 South Africa will be more interesting because African teams would be better I think..Now we can guess it because of Ghana..
Dragonfly
No African teams are to be taken lightly. Their games are mostly aggresive and with the amount of players who play in European clubs I think they cannot be taken for granted. They deserve every bit of their success. And Czechs seem to have underestimated their opponent but that was not the case. Ghana is a very good team, they really impressed me. Czechs without Milan Baros and Jan Koller look like an ordinary Division II player playing against Premiership team in England.
Winterborne
I use to play soccer a lot. And since i'm not doing ANYTHING but school this summer I thought I'd keep tabs on the world cup!

I didn't think the USA would even tie Italy yesterday.. oh.. but wait! They didn't even score their own goal! *dies laughing* I didn't think they'd have a chance anyway. Can't wait to see what happens with Ghana though.

As i'm typing Brazil just scored against Australia. YAY!! Well, I'm actually for either team, this is kind of a tie-breaker match for them.

I did want to let everyone in on this site that I found. www.joga.com its an awesome soccer community and it has a free download in Firefox that lets you get instant updates on games in progress and everything. I really recommend it. I'm not even watching the game right now, though I will be shortly. Oh! And it goes off of you're google account if you have one.

France and South Korea are next. If South Korea wins, France has no chance of going to the next round. I'm for France though, should be an interesting game.
reservoirs
Australia and Brazil is a really fun game right now. Australia is just trying to hang on.
tribe
Ghana dominated the Czechs and should've won 10-0, they missed a PK and 9 other shots that they shot right at the goalkeeper.

US Can advance with a win over Ghana and an Italy win over the Czechs, both can very well happen.

USA USA USA!
edallica
has anyone else noticed that all the big teams are rubbish this year? france have been stinking. brazil have been awful and england have been their usual arrogant/absolutley pants selves. im pretty sure there is a big shake up coming for all the teams with these highly payed players in them. if they are getting beat from teams that have basically amaturs in them someone is going to realise that they are not worth the cash that they are getting paid! its going to come wither they like it or not!!!!!!!!!!!
Nintendo
Hehehe, you cant say England's totally bad, they have Gerrard, my fav player since he scored that beauty belter in the Germany 1, England 5 match Cool . Lol, but i know what you mean England just arnt winning my confidence atm, and I cant say alot for Brazil except they were lucky Australia didnt break them.
jveezy
England's not lighting the world on fire right now but hopefully Wayne Rooney can change things. Rooney's the type of guy that will inject tons of energy into a game and somehow manage to be everywhere on the field all at once.

If Rooney can regain his top form, I wouldn't be surprised to see England go all the way.
selim06
TOGO-Switzerland:0-2 the game was really interesting.Because the Referee: AMARILLA Carlos was really bad and Switzerland played with 12 Player(referee+squad)Togo deserved a penalty and it wasn't be discussed it must be a penalty but referee thought if He give them the penalty He can't choose as a referee of World Cup..Because Sepp Blater(FIFA's Boss)So Switzerland continue with referee support first they eliminated Turkiye and now Togo but the matches were full of referee mistakes..Is that a encounter point?
Scorpio
selim06 wrote:
TOGO-Switzerland:0-2 the game was really interesting.Because the Referee: AMARILLA Carlos was really bad and Switzerland played with 12 Player(referee+squad)Togo deserved a penalty and it wasn't be discussed it must be a penalty but referee thought if He give them the penalty He can't choose as a referee of World Cup..Because Sepp Blater(FIFA's Boss)So Switzerland continue with referee support first they eliminated Turkiye and now Togo but the matches were full of referee mistakes..Is that a encounter point?

Well, thats a maybe,

FIFA comes down hard on Match Fixing of any kind and other irregularities

At the same time, talking about lousy refereeing, the first thing that comes to my mind is certainly the 2002 world cup in Korea/Japan
The Koreans were too damn lucky to beat Italy, and spain
In my opinion, they had 14 Players
Yeah 11+1 referee + 2 Assistant Referees
Several offsides by korea were not given and 2 infractions by the goalkeeper of korea during the penalty shootout against spain was also not given
What do you call that?

Mistakes do occur as referees are human too and we must respect them for what they are doing.
Atleast I do, realising the pressure on them to react in a fraction of a second for either a foul or an offside
And they also should have decided whether to warn the player or send him off
It is a helluva job there and we certainly cant criticise them for that

It was a bad hair day for togo, thats it
faker_phil
Germany just pwned Ecuador 3-0!

4" 44" Klose
57" Podolski

Wir fahren nach Berlin!
(We're going to Berlin!)
ninjakannon
jveezy wrote:
England's not lighting the world on fire right now but hopefully Wayne Rooney can change things. Rooney's the type of guy that will inject tons of energy into a game and somehow manage to be everywhere on the field all at once.

If Rooney can regain his top form, I wouldn't be surprised to see England go all the way.

Rooney is one man in a team... has the world forgotton the 10 other people on the pitch. Imagin if England had a terrible goal keeper, then it wouldn't be Rooney that everyone was focusing on.

England's next game starts in 4 mins from now (@8:00pm), I wonder how many sweeds will try and stamp on his foot...
elincinerador
the final.. i'd like to see brazil-argentina there.. i don't want the 6th cpu for brazil.. so definetly argentina will come out as the winner, after 20 years. this will be another world cup in which a south american nation wins overseas and i'd love to see that. other countries which may reach the final are germany england and maybe the czechs or netherlands.. i don't know.. i don't expect italy and spain to reach too far.. nor france, they're showing a weak team. where's the world champion of 1998?? definetly after making no goals in korea and the matches played by now.. they've lost their potential.

i thought that this wc would be the outcome of african nations, but not having nigeria nor cameroon i think we have to wait 4 more years, in their land... they will be tough teams. beware.
jveezy
[quote="ninjakannon"]
jveezy wrote:

Rooney is one man in a team... has the world forgotton the 10 other people on the pitch. Imagin if England had a terrible goal keeper, then it wouldn't be Rooney that everyone was focusing on.quote]

He's the type of guy that can inspire his teammates to play harder. He's one man in a team in the same sense that a general is just one man in an army.
selim06
Yes,yesterday was one of most interesting games in the Fifa World Cup.Here are the results:
SWEDEN 2-2 ENGLAND
This match was fascinating and the both teams could win it!In the second half Sweden played very well but couldn't block Joe Cole's attacks...And their corners and free-kicks were really effective against England.For England it was a unlucky match because Michell Owen's injury and Rooney's demonstration against Erikson..Any way I think Ecuador-England will be a interesting and boring match because England hasn't a good "SCORER" they can't make goal against ambitious Ecuador(both teams have strong defenses)..So may be we will watch 120mins Very Happy
PARAGUAY 2-0 TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
ECUADOR 0-3 GERMANY
Germany is my favorite team and I think they can beat Sweden!
COSTA RICA 1-2 POLAND
ninjakannon
jveezy wrote:
He's the type of guy that can inspire his teammates to play harder. He's one man in a team in the same sense that a general is just one man in an army.

I guess you're right Rolling Eyes
tefa_taftaf2010
I Think Germany will win it

i think because it is on it's land

just a opinion
ninjakannon
tefa_taftaf2010 wrote:
I Think Germany will win it

i think because it is on it's land

just a opinion

I don't think so, they're definatly not the best footballers in the world, although they are good. But being in their home country does help.
Mrs Lycos
England has just lost Owen... don't think they'll go much further. Sweden did a great job, getting a tie 30 secs before the end! Good thing to see a tema fighting till the end.
We needed a goal in Argentina - Holland, but they played nice.

I think that Korea will go far, although they're not favorites, they have a low profile in this cup.
gaus4all
GO SWITZERLAND GO !!!
I hope that our Team will be the surprise Team in this Worldcup!
They are not soo strong but they have the will to Win.

AND I AM VERY HAPPY THAT WE HAVE WON AGAINST TURKEY...
THEY CAN REALLY NOT LOOSE... HEY, IT'S JUST A GAME...
earthset
I was surprised by the performance of Ghana in the last match.

Hopefully, we can see a great game between US and Ghana
Jurado
all the big countries are/ will going trough (except Czechia?) Now it will become more pleasant, when the big countries one by one will be eliminated.
selim06
Jurado wrote:
all the big countries are/ will going trough (except Czechia?) Now it will become more pleasant, when the big countries one by one will be eliminated.

I agree with you I dreamed about Trinidad and Tobago will qualify,France eliminated.Brazil played very hard matches etc...But now,only one surprise happened.
Xtbonex
I was hoping that USA would go further into the World Cup... but as you can tell from watching it they didnt do that great Mad But i think that they got ripped off on the USA Italy game thoes reffs were so bad i hope they all get fired lol but now that USA is out im hoping that Germany or Argentina go far into the Cup Very Happy
Jomhuri_Eslami
I am going for Argentina & Portugal.

Iran is already kicked out, we had a disgraceful World Cup, but hopefully we'll do better next time. Australia is going good so far, I hope they go all the way (I live in Aus), but the next match against italy is going to be a toughy. Realistically to win I think Argentina would be my favourite, they have been performing excellently, especially with their 6-0 thrashing of Serbia..
crasso
OK, half of them who weren't ready for the championship are gone, matches in the second round are:

Germany vs. Sweden

If someone wouldn't panic in the host's playground, that would be the Vikings. I expect Ibrahimovic score, he is ready for the match. Germany through the penalties?

Argentina vs. Mexico

Mexico, my only dark horse left after Croatia and Ivory Coast were beaten, would play the way that can cause Argentinians nervous play with mistakes and maybe some red cards.

England vs. Ecuador

Ecuador cannot beat my No1 favorite.

Portugal vs. Netherlands

Would be nice game, but Figo didn't took the prize yet for his talent, van Basten has years and years for that... Straight Portugal win I think.

Italy vs. Australia

If Hiddink use Skoko in the match and Australia play oridinary good game like first 3 in this cahampionship, Italy may go home. Hard, but possibly for Aussies.

Switzerland vs. Ukraine

Switzerland is the most powerfull team in Germany this year. I mean powerfull as a team, as Korea was in 20002. and Greece in Portugal 2004.

Brazil vs. Ghana

Delicacy for football romantics, wouldn't be result doubts.

Spain vs. France

As England success to avoid Germay in second round, this would the Game of this round. France won yesterday after 8 years, Spain is the strongest team in Germany. Who would face Brazil in the quaterfinals?
selim06
Germany&Sweeden:
I think the match will be attractive and although Sweeden's good play Germany will win..Because the fan support is very high and they have a more organised team.It will be difficult.
Argentina vs. Mexico:
Argentina easily will win it.Mexico isn't a top class team so they can't beat a top class team(Argentina)..
England vs. Ecuador:
I think It will go to extra times may be penalties..England can't score with Crouch against Ecuador.Because Ecuador has a really strong defence!But Ecudor hasn't got a good offence power.
Portugal vs. Netherlands:
It depends on Portugal.Portugal is a very interesting team and sometimes they play great but sometimes they play awfull.So If Portugal's really want it they can win it.
Italy vs. Australia:
Another interesting match.Italians don't play well and a surprise may come from Australia(I hope so Australia will win it).
Switzerland vs. Ukraine:
Switzerland has a great defence and they are really powerfull.Ukraine has a good offence so The match will show Shevchenko's talent(positive or negative)
Brazil vs. Ghana;
Ghana played proudly since the first match,but the match is very difficult to win so Brazil will win it.
Spain vs. France:
Spain is the best team We've ever seen in Germany 2006.But it changed like a tradition France's win against Spain..I can't guess the result.We will see Very Happy
Jurado
Switserland vs Ukrain is a little surprise.
and France against Spain, Spain haven't played against Quality countries, so you can say they are the best but with Spain you have to wait.
Portugal- Holland would be a nice match to watch.
ninjakannon
crasso wrote:
England vs. Ecuador

Ecuador cannot beat my No1 favorite.

That's the spirit Razz

Although I think it will be more like this:
selim06 wrote:
It will go to extra times may be penalties..England can't score with Crouch against Ecuador.Because Ecuador has a really strong defence!But Ecudor hasn't got a good offence power.

I'm supporting England, but I think they're really suffering from the heat and are getting far too tired.
If you ask me, I don't think England will get much further unless they pick up their act a bit. Plus Owen is out of it Confused, and Beckham isn't playing to his full potential. I do think that Rooney can still smugle a few more goals in, however.
alienjones
I am one the lucky ones receiving tickets over the official ticket shop at fifaworldcup-website. Past Wednesday my girl-friend and me were to Leipzig watching Iran-Angola. Although the group was almost decided and the game meaningless, it was an unbelievable experience. I used to go to soccer-matches about 15 years ago, but I never visited a stadium like this before. On entering the empty arena 3 hrs before kick-off, I wasn't able to stop grinning Very Happy

There is nothing else like the atmosphere in a world-cup-stadium! I could get addicted from it! Wondering how this experience multiplies when you are allowed to visit any match of the German team. The atmosphere must be awesome!

BTW: Germany just beat Sweden *ole ole ole oleeeeeeeeeeeeee
maclui
Mexico played a terrific game, but was kicked ou by Argentina. Football is the game like life itself. One mistake leads to a snowball which just gets bigger until you decide to solve it. Sometimes too late.
alienjones
Here are two impressions from Zentralstadion Leipzig: Iran - Angola Wink

ninjakannon
England 1 - 0 Ecuador
supjapscrapper
bigdan wrote:

These australians boys that almost everybody hates because thay play rugby-football, they have surprised everybody and are playin tomorrow the eight-finals!!!!! I think it was good, the socceroos showed an incredible fighting spirit!!! but now they are gonna have to stop there, cause they just don"t play good enough! I just wish they could surprise everybody and play real football, clean as possible and not kill the half of the other players and insultthe refere to death like this **$f$°+&! of Harry Kewell!!! Very Happy
No hard feelings aussies, just stick to rugby!
supjapscrapper
Oh and The french ( my team lol) have made it and are starting to show how good they are. They are playing the spaniards soon, and it's good for them, because the spaniards are as hard as you can get, and it will be an incredible challenge. The french are sooo arrogant ( I know what I'm talking about) they only play their football when they mee the strongest Very Happy
freakinlame
It was disappointing to watch Netherlands lose to Portugal despite having 70-30 possesion percentage. And the game was brutl,16 yellow cards, it as more like a battle ground out there. Portugal will lose a few key players due to sespension in their quarterfinal match against England. But, in my opinion, this year's final will be the repeat of 2002 Final. It will be Brazil and Germany to battle it out in this year's World Cup Final. The results? who knows..the ball is round. Smile
ninjakannon
freakinlame wrote:
It was disappointing to watch Netherlands lose to Portugal despite having 70-30 possesion percentage. And the game was brutl,16 yellow cards, it as more like a battle ground out there. Portugal will lose a few key players due to sespension in their quarterfinal match against England. But, in my opinion, this year's final will be the repeat of 2002 Final. It will be Brazil and Germany to battle it out in this year's World Cup Final. The results? who knows..the ball is round. Smile

Yeah, it was a very brutal game, 16 yellow cards, 4 red cards. Yo know that equals the record for the number of cards in a world cup match. Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure how England will fare against Portugal in the quater finals, could go either way, I think.
mephisto73
The portugal-netherlands game was a disgrace for those "great" players acting like they were some kind of division 5 thugs. van Basten benched van Nistelrooy(?) due to an alledged argument, and that may have cost them the quarter finals. Portugal played well, though I can't stand to see Figo, I think he is an absolute ass, although a gifted player.

Sweden - Germany, well it was over after 12 minutes as Podorsky scored the second goal. The reality is that Sweden is not better than that. We would have had to play over our capacity to beat germany on a bad day, nothing to say about that. The penaly miss marked an end of a remarkable career of Henrik Larsson, one of europes top strikers, who played also in WC 1994 in the US, when Sweden took the bronze.

I really really hope Argentina will beat Germany after the german comments on the game. I hope Germany gets humiliated in their own championship. I pray for 3-0 for argentina, and that Messi will undress the overestimated German defence. Please, if there is a god, Argentina will win.
selim06
The Big War in Nurnberg:
What was it?Was that a football match or BOX(kick-box better because kicks used more than punches)..Portugal-Netherlands:We thought there was a great football, but 16 Yellow card and fatality fully interrupted football quality. Portugal deserved it but next leg will be very hard beacuse Deco and Costinha banned!
supjapscrapper
Yesterday was crazy! The potrtuguese really deserved their win, they were better, more eficient and fought twice like crazy while being one player down! The dutch spolied the match from the start because f the harsh foul on ronaldo, and that made the match a bloody pride war.... Deco was an idiot, althoiugh he was trying to save time, his team is gonna miss hoim hard hard, and I just hope rhonaldo is gona be fit again!
Oh and hey, ThE MATCH of the last two weeks, SPain-France, it is gonna be crazy!!!! no better than this one! Portugal are gona go far, cos I was really a dutch team fan, but when I see Portugal, I just think they deserve a world cup title Very Happy
supjapscrapper
Are you watching the game Italy-Australia now? THis is crazy... the italians have had to get back to catennacioo and they're just brilliant, the australians are realy good ans pressing, they wantthe goal!!!! Ar italy gonna make it like the've always done? In the suffering... but the`'re good, they can fight!!!
supjapscrapper
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh These italians are gonna kill me. they snatched it at the death, my heart was boucing so strong, n´but a penalty at the 94th minute is as harsh as it could get!!!!! but it is football, viva italiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bacci bacci bacci Very Happy
Mamsaac
italia is a team everyone always think isn't strong but ends up doing great.

last world cup they didn't deserve losing to korea and this year they are having so much luck I see them getting to semifinals.
selim06
Italy 1-0 Australia:
Italy always doesn't play great but always they win. Sometimes We think that is the final of Italian's unbeaten period but they make us surprised again!Anyway I think they will go through to semifinals because they can beat Ukraine.
Switzerland 0(0)-0(3)Ukraine:
I think if the match were 520minutes Switzerland nor Ukraine couldn't score!That was too boring and taked a lot of from us but hadn't given much things to us! 45min(1st half)+15min(resting)+45min(2nd half)+3min(injury time)+5min(resting)+15min(1st extra time)+2min(resting)+15min(2nd half)+10min(Penalties)=165min(2hour 45min)
And Switzerland couldn't score Ukraine scored in the end. It may be the worst match I've ever seen in the World Cup 2006!
dotnet
Well, guys - now we on 1/4 final. My forecast:

GER-ARG - 60% GER will go
ITA-UKR - 100% ITA will go
ENG-POR - hmmmm.... verrrry hard to guess, may be 55% ENG will go?
BRA-<not important> - 100% BRA will go

Your opinion?
joshdifabio
I think the semis will be Brazil - Portugal and Germany - Italy and maybe the final will be the same as the last wc; Brazil - Germany. I can see Germany coming out on top now though, although Brazil would still have to be the favourites. What about Spain too, they are looking superb. They have more quality attackers/midfielders than anyone else i think. Italy are defending superbly and are still the masters of the counter attack so if they get their shooting boots on they could win it too. Am i the only one who likes it when all the big teams get through?
Pikokola
Welll.. I think Argentina will be the winner, Eventough they must working hard to beat Mexico last time, But the winning goal is rock Very Happy it's sure a fantastic goal, Left foot volley Very Happy
RiCtee
I can't believe Italy won the match against Australia!! They aren't good at all. The Australians controlled the whole second half, Italy only got an occassional touch at the ball, ran to the Australian goal post, that's all. Just because of the BIAS, PREJUDICE, UNFAIR referee, is he BLIND?!? That was NO foul. Fabio Grosso stepped over Lucas Neill and "dived" to the ground! And it's just seconds away from the end of the match (in extra time). ITALY, Justice is against you. I hope you get out of the World Cup in the next match against Ukraine.
supjapscrapper
RiCtee wrote:
I can't believe Italy won the match against Australia!! They aren't good at all. The Australians controlled the whole second half, Italy only got an occassional touch at the ball, ran to the Australian goal post, that's all. Just because of the BIAS, PREJUDICE, UNFAIR referee, is he BLIND?!? That was NO foul. Fabio Grosso stepped over Lucas Neill and "dived" to the ground! And it's just seconds away from the end of the match (in extra time). ITALY, Justice is against you. I hope you get out of the World Cup in the next match against Ukraine.

The panalty againt the australians on the 94th minute is extremely unfair and had no existence!!! I'm an italy supporter and hate the australian team to death, becaus ethey can't play football, they play like at war, you have the feeeling that they want to cut everybody in two halves, BUT, THE PENALTY DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!!!! OK I had to recognise it.

the italians always make you extremely stressed wwhen you watche them play, I mean I had my legs shaking, they were fighting at 10 against 11 the two thirds of the match, againt the most physical team of the tournament, australia, and they stood up, they conceided no goal, there was no red card at the start against materrazzi....

They are just a great team!!! you know why? BECAUSE THEY ARE GONNA WIN EVEN IF THEY PLAY LIKE SH**** Very Happy That's why we lovethem, (if they don't play against France, cause France are the greatest Very Happy).
supjapscrapper
Oh and more important!

mmmmmmmm Italy are going into the semi-finals ... let's say ... at 200% because the ukraine ... they don't play, I mean theyy have a team with an incredible legend, schevi, but the others, my would, I wanted to rip my hair off yesterday hile looking at them play switzerland (which I dislike even more, cause watching them is like watchinfg a telenovella ....) but shevi is the only one who can play football down there, and he's alone, he can't win against Italy.

And what do you pronosticate for Ghana? everybody says it was nice but now serious things start, BUT THEY HAVE BEATEN THE NUMBER 2 IN THE WORLD !!! THE CZECH ARE NO esay piece of bread!!! The ghaneans did terrible in the african czup of nations (1/4 Finals), but noyw they are motivated Very Happy
Donutey
Gooooooooooollllllll!!

My (personal) favorite thing to do is whenever a team scores I'll switch to the spanish language channel (univision) and listen to the announcer go on for about 10 seconds lol.
selim06
Ghana 0-3 Brazil
It was such a boring match and I really haven't satisfied from Brazil's football. They only walk but the opponents were to bad so they won. I hope so We will see a great Brazil against France because the match is really important.Ghana still a 2nd class team.
France 3-1 Spain
That was really interesting match and I think the deserver won it. Spain was the favourite but France played like in France 98 so they beat Spain. Frank Ribery and PAtrick Vieira played well! Torres wasn't good enough. Another bad World Cup for Spain.
nopaniers
We were robbed! Such a soft penalty to Italy in the 93rd minute... I really thought Australia was going to win because we were coming home stronger. With no football now until Friday, what are we going to do with ourselves?
Garg
It seems that the french have a tendency to gloat, which makes poeple wish they'll loose !

I wanted to see if it was generally the case...
goansfr
First to vote :

They'll win (I'm french AND PROUD OF IT) !
djsamsung
hahah...i hope they win coz i bet on them to win the World Cup with my frens and my friends have chosen the other teams like Brazil and Argentina.

LOL Twisted Evil
Soulfire
Well, we're already out... and I'm not much of a soccer fan, so I don't really care I suppose.
Ironz
Italy just won over Ukraine in a one-sided match, italy really amazed me, i knew that they had a good defense but i never imagined they could could be so organized in the transition from defense to offense. Germany is gonna have another tough match.

btw does anyone know what happened at the end of the Germany vs Argentina game?
There was some kind of a fight but i couldn't make out what the real cause was and then the transmission cut off and went to break.
any news?
Ironz
France to win the world cup? No Way. (no disrespect to the french team but they just don't have what it takes to go all the way)

I guess their match against brazil will be their last.
The french aging defense is no match for Brazil's fast attackers (Ronaldinho, Kaka, Robinho) but surprises do happen. (hopefully not in this match Smile )
SimonWSTS
I REALLY do not want France to win the world cup.

Anyone but them, really. Of course, I'm English so obviously i want them to win, not France. All the same I'd rather see Germany win than France.

Don't get me wrong, the French have their good points... THe food par example. However, my personal experience of the french leaves me wanting to rub it in some people's faces if they lose.

Also, have you seen the french team, I mean really! Take one look at them play and you instantly dislike the players. Unless you happen to be female and its Henry you're looking at Laughing
Alienz
I don't think France going to beat Brazil but I do hopes that France will win world cup. It is Zidane last world cup Sad
RiCtee
Ironz wrote:
btw does anyone know what happened at the end of the Germany vs Argentina game?
There was some kind of a fight but i couldn't make out what the real cause was and then the transmission cut off and went to break.
any news?

It wasn't sort of a fight. At the end after the penalty, you can see all the players and some team staff clumping together on the field. Close up, the Argentinians were clearly not happy losing. They were pushing around and pointing fingers.

This wasn't a really exciting match. Argentina was really good at the first half but later started wearing off at the second half. I think that Argentina's loss is because of 1. wrong substitution (they thought they were going to win) 2. Goalkeepers injury 3. Those 2 penalty takers that miss (they were kicking so softly).
Hoogeveense RAT
I hope Framce will win against Brazil will loose against Portugal/England. France had already won the WC and EC not long ago. I like to see a new champion Smile.
joshdifabio
I think the final is going to be Brazil v Italy or France v Itay with Italy winning it (i'm in Italy fan though so i'm biased :p). If Nesta is back for the semi final i think Germany will find it very, very difficult to score against us and now that Totti has started playing i think Italy should be their usual potent selves on the counter-attack.
haak_heu
resolve wrote:

Brazil!!

Sure win!!

haha

Very Happy

I M SORRY DEAR , BRAZIL LOST THE GAME AND FRANCH WON IT
OH IN QUATER FINAL , BRAZIL EVEN NOT GET TO SEMI FINAL
djsamsung
OMG! miracles do happen and FRANCE won!!!!

yay
Winterborne
OMG!!! Everytime I sleep through a game the whole world gets turned upside down!!

How the heck did Brazil get BEAT!?!? By France of all teams?

No offence to France, but i saw where they hadn't scored in the world cup in nearly 4 decades (since the world cup was on their home turf), until this one of course.

France's team has definately been surprising this year! Let's see if they can beat Portugal in order to go against one of the two powerhouses: Germany or Italy!

I had been planning on Brazil to win, they had been playing so strong up until now. With the teams that are left, I'm thinking Italy will be winning, but they still have Germany to defeat.

All I can say is good luck to all these teams!
haak_heu
well , yes miracles happen and france one so , after match with brazil there moral will be very high so , may be they won the world cup

there is saying OLD IS GOLD , it fits on france alot of old players but
they won and hnry played well
tribe
Well interesting to see Brasilia go down to Francese.... okay Enough of me speaking Italiano....

My predictions:
Germany beats Italy 2-1

Portugal beats France 0-0; win in ShootOut...

GERMANY WINS IT ALL......

Of course don't take my prediction serious, I already said the USA had a shot, which they did but they played bad!

NEVERTHELESS.... USA USA USA!
tribe
My hate of France began 3.5 years ago when the US and Great Britain were preparing to invade Iraq, and France had to be the sissies of the bunch.

Well we stood up to them , went to war, freed the Iraqis, and had a major boycott of the country,..... Now I say... GO PORTUGAL!
Svimmelhet
I totally didn't expect Portugal and France to win today, though I was completely expecting wins from Germany and Italy yesterday. Personally, I'm rooting for Germany to win it all. Wink I'd have loved to have seen a Germany v England match, but alas! Now, I'm rooting to see a Germany v France match.

-Also, the England v Portgual game today? Rooney, what the heck?
-Germany v Argentina yesterday, I've heard too many rumors, what exactly was the mini-riot all about?
selim06
Yeah after a great night We know the Semi-Finals!
BRAZIL 0-1 FRANCE
What a great recital by Zinedine Zidane! He shouldn't retire from Football; he should continue forever! And all of France squad wanted this success more than Brazilian Players! Anyway they can beat Portugal but I'm not sure.
Brazil was really lazy! They still looks like that they come here because they want to take some photos! Anyway there is no need to make analysis about Brazil's football because they hadn't played football!
ENGLAND 0-0 a.e.t 1-3 PSO PORTUGAL
England's defenders were really good but not the GK(Paul Robinson). And it was such a unlucky match for England! Rooney and Beckham are good players.
Portugal was played good however they couldn't score with their +1 player...The greatest player was Ricardo and he caught 3 penalties and deserved the celebration! Anyway France-Portugal will be a hard match!
the-geek
mtorregiani wrote:
These are my thoughts
Group A

Costa Rica: They should past the firsy round
Poland: They have to beat Costa Rica to past first round
Ecuador: Don't like them at all, they play bad

Well, my nation would never make it to the world cup but, the final match will be between Germany and France. Zidane got back his performance and playing good. in the other hand theres no one to stop the GERMAN machine. Germany is the sure winner.

ps. i took a part in a world cup quiz and i won a free philips DVD! anyone that lucky as me? Twisted Evil Laughing

Brazil is super flop. from the first round they werent playing well. bad luck for Argentina. but they really play clean. better than those Brasil
the-geek
selim06 wrote:
Yeah after a great night We know the Semi-Finals!
BRAZIL 0-1 FRANCE
What a great recital by Zinedine Zidane! He shouldn't retire from Football; he should continue forever! And all of France squad wanted this success more than Brazilian Players! Anyway they can beat Portugal but I'm not sure.
Brazil was really lazy! They still looks like that they come here because they want to take some photos! Anyway there is no need to make analysis about Brazil's football because they hadn't played football!
ENGLAND 0-0 a.e.t 1-3 PSO PORTUGAL
England's defenders were really good but not the GK(Paul Robinson). And it was such a unlucky match for England! Rooney and Beckham are good players.
Portugal was played good however they couldn't score with their +1 player...The greatest player was Ricardo and he caught 3 penalties and deserved the celebration! Anyway France-Portugal will be a hard match!

I agree with you but be sure that France 2 | Portugal 1
France Team spirit is high and just waiting to knock off the opponent!
Zidane... a player like him borns once in hundred years.

Bad luck for all Englander. they are far better than Italy
Ester
Can anyone give me suggestions as to how to console an England fan, after we have lost the world cup yesterday.
Hoogeveense RAT
tribe wrote:
My hate of France began 3.5 years ago when the US and Great Britain were preparing to invade Iraq, and France had to be the sissies of the bunch.

Well we stood up to them , went to war, freed the Iraqis, and had a major boycott of the country,..... Now I say... GO PORTUGAL!

So and that's why you hate France? This is a political reason and not a sport reason
fkmax
As me being an England fan, i was really shocked at the exit of England at the hand of portugal again, and in same manner as in Euro 2004 where we lost to Portgual also in penalties. Anyway as a England fan we should be proud that they made it to the quaterfinal. And the main reason for most ot the england penatly takers could be, because they were really tired after all they had to play with 10 men against 11 so they had to cover the whole area and therefor, i think they were to tired to take a penalty as good as they could have.....
Diddyman
England did put on a brave show but I do think that we were doomed before we started because of us playing 4-5-1 formation, the players are not used to playing that tactic and we hadly ever looked like scoring due to the fact that we had Rooney up from on his own, then Crouch on his own after Rooney had been sent off. The nearest players to the front man were about 30 yards behind.
Sven adopted the same tatic against Ecuador and we only got passed them because of an excellent Free kick from Beckham. In my humble opionion Sven did not learn the lessons from previous games and I for one is glad he has now gone.

Bring in Stve McClaren and english man in charge of the England squad with English passion.

Ronaldo was also a cheating little weasle.
IceNinjaa
fkmax wrote:
And the main reason for most ot the england penatly takers could be, because they were really tired after all they had to play with 10 men against 11 so they had to cover the whole area and therefor, i think they were to tired to take a penalty as good as they could have.....

well you obviously did not see the american football-esque match of portugal vs holland. with almost 20 cards being served and 4 of which red cards throughout the game. not to mention that on 2 occasions portugal was playing a man down, then it was 9 on 9 to end the match. england wasn't the only team that played over 2 hours of footbal.

and to use the excuse that they were tired from having one man down as the reason to why they couldnt take the pk's takes away from the stellar goaltending of ricardo. he simply read each kicker's body language and went to the correct side each time helping guide his team to victory. and portugal should be thanking him more so than ronaldo cuz robinson couldn't buy a save.
hrtorrent
Four teams left.
The best teams or luckyest teams???
skynet
yea well.. this is the murphy law.. all the tournament they played bad and won.
but when they did played better and was the favorites to win... they lost.
James007
Poll added to the official topic! Wink
Mamsaac
tribe wrote:

oh god, take your completely wrong politics out of the sports forum, please.
Mamsaac
haak_heu wrote:
resolve wrote:

Brazil!!

Sure win!!

haha

Very Happy

I M SORRY DEAR , BRAZIL LOST THE GAME AND FRANCH WON IT
OH IN QUATER FINAL , BRAZIL EVEN NOT GET TO SEMI FINAL

dude, no need of making fun of others.
kany
Well its like brazil being the king of football for some years now has attracted alot of fans and the ones that hate him and want him to get off the thrown.
GigahertzComputersOnline
Go France. I support England and I don't like France too much but I put money on them at the beginning of the world cup - decent odds.

I'm quite disappointed England couldn't beat Portugal. I was actually happy that Rooney was sent off because Crouch, my favourite player, came on. I think Sven should have played 442. Rooney had no chance being lone striker (in the ecuador game too). Sven's tactic was almost like waiting for one of Rooney's magic runs or one of lampard's or gerrard's long range goals. He needed Crouch to win the ball in the air and hold the ball up for the midfielders to come up and attack.

Oh well...

Regards,

Sena
abdu
France
crasso
Nice work with the poll, because I think this is the most equable semifinals ever in the history of the football world cup!

Maybe Figo and company have the smallest chance, but that's only on the paper because of the country inexperience, but players are well experienced.

Italy shows us least, but that's Italy, they may win the championship exactly with that kind of play.

Germany plays the best attacking football ever in their history. If they win this, something good would be changed in their play philosophy, maybe even their clubs would go on the next level, to beat Barcelona, Chelsea and others regullary.

France, after Spain and Brasil, become no1 favorite. Zindeine Zidane would be the best player of this game in the history if France get the cup! I'm sure about that.
dwcnps
this is my old topic (which got closed because of this one) but anyway I think France will definetly win!

Code:

Rankings:

1.France
2.Brazil

Wink

I was actually hoping that Australia would has a huge improvemnt and win for once.
supjapscrapper
Mamsaac wrote:
tribe wrote:

oh god, take your completely wrong politics out of the sports forum, please.

Oh my god please don't talk about you fox news politics here, It's like hearing dick cheney try to talk about Football!!! my god I thank you I met US citizens who were not as utterly dumb as you and who understand a minimum what it's about!!! France and Germany were the only ones yho said no to american imperialism (why do we have to say america anyway??!!!) and people of irak are freed ??!!!!! their women are being raped by american pork soldiers and their men and children bombed and executed while praying in mosques, with no weapons ...
I'm happy there is sport where one doesn't have to stand this dumb nation .. USA (I have US friends, they're very inteligent and cultivated, though the nation is sick...)

I'm sorry, it's just that hearing "freeing Irak" got me out of my head ...

DON'T TALK ABOUT POLITOCS MAN!!! LET FOOTBALL BE FREE!!!

Oh and France are gonna win the WC, if they don't that means the other tema shave grown a lot stronger, and that's fair, but they're strongest at the moment ... USA is ou .. bravo Ghana for kckcing them out!! viva africa!
supjapscrapper
crasso wrote:
Nice work with the poll, because I think this is the most equable semifinals ever in the history of the football world cup!

Maybe Figo and company have the smallest chance, but that's only on the paper because of the country inexperience, but players are well experienced.

Italy shows us least, but that's Italy, they may win the championship exactly with that kind of play.

Germany plays the best attacking football ever in their history. If they win this, something good would be changed in their play philosophy, maybe even their clubs would go on the next level, to beat Barcelona, Chelsea and others regullary.

France, after Spain and Brasil, become no1 favorite. Zindeine Zidane would be the best player of this game in the history if France get the cup! I'm sure about that.

Franec are in with a serious shot at the title, if they stay as cool and focused as they were against spain and Brasil, the two boggest favorites, they may well surprise everybody, and that would be just as nice as you could have for this poll of magical players...

Allez les bleus, Portugal, you're good, but not enough Very Happy
Commando_Sondre
I hope that Germay wins, but France is very good too. So this is gonna be a rat-race to the finish!
joshdifabio
The omens are all good for italy to get to the final. They are unbeaten against the germans in 4 world cup meetings, the defence is playing superbly as always, Totti appears to be hitting form right on time, there is the 12 year cycle* and luck appears to be with them now unlike in 2002!

* Italy's last 3 world cup finals came in 1970, 1982, 1994 ... 2006 would fit perfectly Wink.
supjapscrapper
I'm totally fancying Italy to asphyxiate the two very dangerous strikers of germany (Klose und Podolski), cos the italians are even harder to bring down morally as the germans ...

Italy goes through, the germans have already used all their luck Very Happy

Now portugal is gonna be damn hard to crack, it's gponna be tense, but the french go through 2:1

so now the final ...
Italy or France .....
France the ressucitating team ....
Italy thge team with the biggest football scandal on earth ...

both of them came from way way behind so .....
my heart goes for France .... the italians are scorpions ....
we'll see
dotnet
Hmmm... Well FRA-BRA is greatest wonder on this WC. Last-four can't make even some near resemblance. FRA turn out totally surprise for me. I was 100% sure that BRA will play final, but.... Now, of course, FRA guys ready to pull any team in a thousand different directions. They have excellent moral certainty and competitive spirit. My view of final: FRA-GER. And I can't predict who will be Number 1. But think it will be enough boring match, like most EUR-WORLD finals - too high price to think about football itself.
kristi_rey619
My first hope was Holland to win the world cup....

...but lost against Portugal!... Rolling Eyes

....Then i wanted England to win....

....but lost against Portugal! Rolling Eyes

Now i want Portugal to win the World Cup Very Happy
ncwdavid
I was so glad when England got knocked. I believe they had a strong enough team to win it but none of there big player like Gerrard or Lampard performed. Gerrard did score 2 goals but hes overall performance was prety poor.

They must of been something wrong with Lampards blades on his boots because he slipped before he took every shot and blew it over the crossbar.

In my opinion Gerrard or Terry should of been the captain from the very start instead of Beckham because Beckham rarely brings out a good performance unlike Gerrard or Terry who play with heart and realy support the team.

Wayne Rooney would not of been sent off if it was not for Ronaldo of portugal who came up to the referee and basicaly made his mind up for him. I think its going to be interesting at the Man United training grounds between Rooney and Ronaldo. I am sure it will be good.

Brazil did not perform to their full potential the other night against France. Zidane practicaly pulled France through to the next round single handed. His performance was one of his best ever and he realy showed his class. He played so good he took Ronaldinho who is supposedly the best player in the world out of the game. Ronaldinho hardly touched the ball and had little opportunity to show his skill and class.

I think France wil go on to win the competition because they have realy turned up their game and with Zidane playing like he is now there is no stopping them.

That is my opinion of the World Cup
maeglin20
I'm Turkish so my favourite is Germany Very Happy .
ehm_qhl
I live in canada , and we've got no team there but , i also take for France (Zidane) ... England (Beckham) and Brazil (first one , better , my team) ...
But , Brazil go home !!!! NOOO!!! I hate france then cause they kick my ass ...

And im not going to take for the portugal cause they sent home England...

so Let's Go Italia !!! Love this team too since i have 6-7 years old....

Very Happy
maeglin20
Brazil are dream team but They're doesn't play good. Brazil's midfielder does play good but forward doesn't play good. Ronaldo lost balls . v
craig_t
i couldnt beleive it when england were out, in the last few minutes i was on the edge of my seat...then it went into extra time, i was gutted by then, waiting for a goal...it just didnt happen, i was praying for us to win in penatlies, then the last goal... ronaldo, he was ment to be injoured, if he was we might of actually won!
i must admint though, i wasnt too impressed with robinson on the penalties...
ehm_qhl
maeglin20 wrote:
Brazil are dream team but They're doesn't play good. Brazil's midfielder does play good but forward doesn't play good. Ronaldo lost balls . v

i dont know i didnt see this game... i was not at my home
but i saw england kicked out
SimonWSTS
1. Can't belive England lost on penalties, oh well. It's only a game, I'm not one of those to get hung up and complain for months about how bad it is.

2. On the subject of the poll, so much as i hate to say it, I have to give France the edge. Judging by their performance againsat Brazil they have a very good chance of winning. There was some great football palyed especially by Zidane so much as I hate to say it seeing as I despise Zidane and I really do not want to see France win.
shadeR
Germany will WIN 4 SURE....i <3 germans...they have the nicest football in the world...:bow...close my idol....Smile
nopaniers
I think Germany. With home support they're going to be hard to beat.
SpellcasterDX
Since Brazil just got knocked out, I guess I'll go for France. Since they're the ones who knocked out Brazil, then they absolutely have to win so I won't despise them so much. If they fail me, then I have no choice but to go with Italy. They're doing ok, but not as well as France. They played all out against Brazil - which is why they won. That's the confidence and performance Brazil had to show.
jveezy
crasso wrote:

How equal are the semifinals? I can't even answer the poll because I simply can't guess for the life of me who is going to win.

Germany was playing so well except maybe not so much against Argentina. Was this just a one-time thing or are they going to suffer a drop in form when it really matters most.

Italy's been pretty consistent all tournament and it looks like they're really picking things up although they didn't have the strongest of possible opponents but they did fight their way out of the group of death and with Luca Toni starting to score, this may be just the beginning.

France. What could I possibly say besides Zinedine Zidane. Speaks for itself.

Everyone wants to say that Portugal is the weakest team of the four but they've had some VERY TOUGH wins against two tough opponents with some of their players suspended. This team has a lot of heart and that can definitely go a long way. Also, don't forget that Portugal made the Euro 2004 finals as well so it's not like they're totally lacking in big game experience.

If you held a gun to my forehead and forced me to pick a team to win it all, I'd have to go with Germany with the deciding factor being the home field advantage. I'd probably guess that they beat France in the final. Portugal over Italy in the third place match.
zplitstonez
hello everyone
good day.

My opinion in this 2006 germany worldcup is
that the champion in this tournament is either germany of france..

but i'm really in favor of team france...
because i'm a big fan of Zinedine Zidane, the worlds most
wonderful athlete...

I hope he could make france the champions of worldcup2006.
because after this worldcup, he will be retiring from playing football.
Sad to hear from him, but that's what he want...

Well he has already contributed a lot in team france and
in every football club that he played with...

Thank you for everything ZZHOU...
bigdan
I'm going to tip France. They seem to be coming good at the right time. Plus I don't want Italy to win for obvious reasons (I'm an Australian Wink )...
Lilystock
Well, I admit, at the beginning of the WC, I would never have thought that France would come out so high. I was betting on Brazil.

The french team didn't seem very confident since they last won the european cup, and I admit, I thought the WC '98 to be an "accident" because they were at their home country.

Since this time we are in Germany, I'll bet on Germany, even if Id really like for France to win. Just because I'm french and had wonderful souvenir from their last won. It was perfect example of how sport can make people happy. Even if it is only for a little while...
FreeBay
CMON.... GO FRANCE!!

On a side note, how sexy is Zidane? I think he will have a big impact on whether they win the World Cup.

Regards,

Eric
Zug Zug
france ftw
Coclus
It`s a bit strange that France won over Brazil.. I was really shocked! But I think is good for the Brazilian soccer. They played slow and unconvincingly.
All the European teams (they are the ones left in that WM) play a new style of soccer:
Fast, without dribbling and with precise passes. Brazil has no need to play like that because the quality of every player was so high, but now some naton have learnt their lections too good... I believe that Brazil will change the coach so that they will play galactic again.
Germany will win, for sure because it has become a great team!
AndiMac
These are both going to be exciting games to watch. I'm most interested to see how Germany does against Italy's defense. If I remember, Italy has only had one goal scored against them so far this World Cup and that was an own goal. However, to be honest, they have had a bit of an easy run up to this point, so we'll see what happens now that they are playing against the big boys. I think if Germany can open the scoring, the Italians will lose their cool like they did against the US. So as long as Germany can keep theirs, they will take it.

France vs. Portugal, I see France winning, but it would be nice if Germany can't win it to have a new team win it for a change.
ehm_qhl
FreeBay wrote:
CMON.... GO FRANCE!!

On a side note, how sexy is Zidane? I think he will have a big impact on whether they win the World Cup.

Regards,

Eric

your a girl or your gay ?

lo0l im joking .... but , portugal are not bad with ronaldo and i think they have just 1 freaked player... if u take a look on the others teams , you can see alot of big guys.the best team is maybe france but i think italia can kick their ass samething that portugal do vs england or germany vs argentine (is it that in anglish ?)

so that's my opinion , you can have your and i can have mine ....
eliasr
I hope that germany win.
Denmark could not partipate in it, so i want europe to win, and then germany to win, because they are the just south for us
nopaniers
eliasr wrote:
I hope that germany win.
Denmark could not partipate in it, so i want europe to win, and then germany to win, because they are the just south for us

Well, we're guaranteed a European win now. I'm gunning for Germany too! C'mon Germany!
nopaniers
What a game!!! Italy, who would have guessed?
kany
Yeah Well that was a heart breaker at the end for Germany who were waiting for the Panelty Shoot out at the end . At which they had a statistical advantage over Italy. I loved the first goal that italy Scrored A nice swing in to just inside of the goal .
So now its France and Portugal . Well i think France will have a move on to the finals.
RiCtee
Why oh why did Italy win? I guess it's better they lose an embarrassing and hard game in the finals than they lose now (semi-finals). To be neutral and honest, Germany didn't play a good game or wasn't that good compared to Italy.
thebullet
Funny how Italy scored the 2 goals within the last 3 minutes of the match. The last goal was pure class. Looking forward to Portugal V France, I'm going for France because I am an England Fan :p
Kamu8recon
Ok seriously why was Ballack even on the field? He hardly touched the ball. Most of the time he was walking. I was getting upset watching his gameplay. Just about the entire game he was nowhere to be found (besides trying to get a sissy foul). I wanted germany to beat the italians but they really needed Ballack to step up his game, which he didnt. Another dissappointment to watch was Klose, he hardly got the ball (because of ballacks lack of effort). In my opinion he lost it for germany. But kudos to the italians they played well and kept Klose and Podloski away from getting shots on the net, and when they did Buffon was right their to stop it. Does anyone feel the same way about Ballacks lack of effort please let me know.

A little late on the message due too a junior admin deleting my topic i started due to the fact that its a "duplicate thread".
D'Artagnan
Coclus wrote:
It`s a bit strange that France won over Brazil.. I was really shocked! But I think is good for the Brazilian soccer. They played slow and unconvincingly.
All the European teams (they are the ones left in that WM) play a new style of soccer:
Fast, without dribbling and with precise passes. Brazil has no need to play like that because the quality of every player was so high, but now some naton have learnt their lections too good... I believe that Brazil will change the coach so that they will play galactic again.

i think that you are to polide...

They all played like a $%$ďng couple of oldies, my granma can play better, and the coach was stuck like a tree ,what the he** he was looking?

Sorry =)

i believe in italy, just cuz they have 3 titles if they have one more they will get closer to brasil with five and will have one more than germany, so the next WSC will be very cool!
Kamu8recon
Coclus wrote:

First off im not bashing you or the brazilians for that matter (brazils female fans are among the hottest in the cup).

How can you say that it's strange that France beat Brazil? History shows that the Brazilians are not capable of beating the French in the world cup, it's just not possible. Just as the germans aren't able to beat the Italians in the world cup. For some reason they just can't do it. Although Brazil has a much better variety of skillful players, the French are playing as one in this tournament. Ronoldinho harldy touched the ball that game, when he did their were at least two french players around him. Brazil had an easy group and werent really tested until they played ECU. That game ronoldinho was on his game. Although i wanted to see the Brazilians vs the Germans in the final, both teams werent able to beat their fearsome opponents and history prevails once again. As for the style of soccer, brazil plays that style of soccer.... fast without dribling and precise passes as a matter of fact all teams play that way. Brazil plays a lot of longballs because ronoldo usually can beat his man 1v1 (not in this cup though). Soccer is a passing game, which means a lot of teamwork. The two world cup finalist show just that... teamwork. A bunch of stars playing as one.
selim06
Finally the Final:
Italy-France
I think It would be a boring match because of Italy's Football Mentality and France's exhaustion..
I think the winner(holder) will be Italy. French players very old and exhausted. There is nobody who can solve attacking problems for France except Zidane and It seems he's very exhausted. Italy will play their typical football and they will win it!
Germany-Portugal
GO Germany GO! I'm still a Germany fan because It was a really surprise that they could reached Semi-Finals by their 2nd class team!They belive so they can win!
bigdan
Defintely France. Very Happy Although I don't want to think what will happen if Italy wins, or loses for that matter...we have a lot of Italians in Australia...
mephisto73
Its a pity the two least playing teams are the ones who made it to the final. Playing teams like Brazil and Argentina couldn't capitalize on the boring play of Italy and France who simply defend and defend until the opponent is tired and then win on a shitty penaly or some random goal.

If anything I now rout for Italy because they are the least boring of the two. By a small margin.
siruhan
I am a fan of Brazil, Argentina, Chec it was disapponting for me especially after all these teams were sent home. I think Italy have shown a change is this world cup compared to their previous defending foot ball. Especially the semi-final againist Germany match they have shown a well balanced foot ball..So I think Italy will win the cup and forget about their loss in 94
supjapscrapper
RiCtee wrote:
Why oh why did Italy win? I guess it's better they lose an embarrassing and hard game in the finals than they lose now (semi-finals). To be neutral and honest, Germany didn't play a good game or wasn't that good compared to Italy.

Italy was completely transformed .... they did no way play like I had expected, they played more than solid in the center and at the back, anticipated and countered like gods, and what the hel ... they wre attacking and attackin beautifully, nothing to do with against USA and Australia (the butchers Very Happy), the yreally transformed just like France did.

Concentration is everything folks, believe me Very Happy

Now I have no voice I was screaming my heart out yesterday, but now WE ARE IN THE FINALS, AND ITALY BETTER WATCH OUT!!!!!
supjapscrapper
Kamu8recon wrote:
Coclus wrote:

First off im not bashing you or the brazilians for that matter (brazils female fans are among the hottest in the cup).

How can you say that it's strange that France beat Brazil? History shows that the Brazilians are not capable of beating the French in the world cup, it's just not possible. Just as the germans aren't able to beat the Italians in the world cup. For some reason they just can't do it. Although Brazil has a much better variety of skillful players, the French are playing as one in this tournament. Ronoldinho harldy touched the ball that game, when he did their were at least two french players around him. Brazil had an easy group and werent really tested until they played ECU. That game ronoldinho was on his game. Although i wanted to see the Brazilians vs the Germans in the final, both teams werent able to beat their fearsome opponents and history prevails once again. As for the style of soccer, brazil plays that style of soccer.... fast without dribling and precise passes as a matter of fact all teams play that way. Brazil plays a lot of longballs because ronoldo usually can beat his man 1v1 (not in this cup though). Soccer is a passing game, which means a lot of teamwork. The two world cup finalist show just that... teamwork. A bunch of stars playing as one.

Oh yeah buddy you're right!
France are playing extremely well and efficient, they manage their energy good, and always do what they need to score agoal, till now, wen they wanted to change speed and pülay ttack, they did it and the y have the plkyers for it. how dare anyone say that FRance can't score goals ?

The final will be a murder ... Italy are great, les bleus are greater waaaaww
Bernard
siruhan wrote:
I am a fan of Brazil, Argentina, Chec it was disapponting for me especially after all these teams were sent home. I think Italy have shown a change is this world cup compared to their previous defending foot ball. Especially the semi-final againist Germany match they have shown a well balanced foot ball..So I think Italy will win the cup and forget about their loss in 94
They could have proved to be quite strong but I feel France will steal them the final a bit like they did it for Portugal.

Italian Players show too much confidence, that's a hint they are very worry to met again the French team, that will cause their lost.
Bernard
siruhan wrote:
France played wuite well this match but I feel Brazil suffered to much the same problem than Ghana suffered when they played against brazil. Too much estimate and fair attitude for opposite team. That's war and killer mentality is required to win. You can't be embarassed with fair and other crap during the match it's stuff for after and before the game.
Bernard
supjapscrapper wrote:

The final will be a murder ... Italy are great, les bleus are greater waaaaww

It's funy to quote that Italian color moved from blue azura to a darker blue exactly like French blue has always been... up to now, they are white for this world cup. I bet next cup Italian color will be white. Razz
Bernard
If we look only their last match for both team Italy/France then obviously Italy has more chance. But:
Agaisnt who won Italy? Australia, Ukraine, Germany.
Agaisnt who won France? Spain, Brazil, Portugal

You can't compare both roads, there's a good chance the final will be a high surprise for most because everybody overestimated Italy.

Have Italy already met yet a team playing a bit a system like they did? Nope, France did it agaisnt Portugal and will do it again against Italy. One more chance that the final will be a very tough surprise for Italy, illusions lost.
dwcnps
bigdan wrote:
We have a lot of Italians in Australia...

Yes we do, I know one and she does won't Italy to win (if Australia was still in it she'd be going for them), but still I think france is going to win.

I can't wait to see the final on Saturday.

Can't wait...
CBear
Italy is a cheap team.
dwcnps
CBear wrote:
Italy is a cheap team.

They are pretty good (well, they got into the Grand Finals) but they won't beat France.
orno
im hoping italy wins for the only reason that they need something like this to save their current state of football affairs...

that being said, the fact that germany didnt win sucks and i hope we make up for it in 2010...
shun
Actually, I support Italy, but I would like to see France get the cup more.
This is,after all, the last time of many France old players(e.g.Zidane) and it is good to see all of them win the world cup one last time before they retire
xray
Turkey is not in 2006 World cup.so i was support Germany,but they have been eleminated very early.now it doesnt matter who win the cup
bulek
France must win, Italy had a lot of lucky times in that World cup.
Dustylunchbox
guess its about time france gets to win something but it still doesnt seem right there would have been many teams i would have thought to win other than france. i'm gettin up at 4am tmmrw to watch the final but before the world cup i never would have even watched it nomatter what the time. but its soo addictive and so impressive it makes me almost want to do physical things such as football and be good at it? nah flag i kinda hope itlay win but niether of them i really like actually maybe france should win? nono italy ah well i'll see in a couple of hours(nine hours roughly) go france/italy!!! . . . . cough
bigdan
Go France! Very Happy I'll be staying up to watch it on Australia's one true home of football, SBS! Very Happy Not Fuxx Sports. Razz
De_Luis
Also hope it will be France, just for the sake of Zinedine Zidane. Although the Italians deserve it too after their good performances (and one helping hand by the ref) so far and attacking spirit. Especially in the Germany game where Lippi knew that he had a good defense to stop it all and didn't want to go into penalties against the specialists.
Coclus
Italy will win the World cop, or at least I hope so... France and Italy both played quite poor matches in the beginning. First playoff matches were played very convincingly by france against Spain, Italy won against Australia quite neatly, luckily the Australians did not take their chances.
Quarterfinal brought same results: Easy game for Italy against weak Ukraine and a good french team winning over poor-playing Brazil.
The next two matches were dangerous for both teams: France won by luck and with a penalty shot over good Portuguese, Italy decided the match against very offensive Germans in the 117 min. Penalty would have certainly brought german into the final.
Altough France had more difficult world cup, i think Italy with its defense and although a good offense will win.
Dustylunchbox
HOOOOOOOOOORAAAY FOR ITALY!!!!!!
i'm not a fan of either team but i really wanted italy to win and they did! I feel Italy deserved it alot more after the way they played at the start. they had the ball more and the goal they got with the offside guy?
ahhhh i do look forward to the next world cup.
Liu
Bravo Italy.

Zidane ended his career in a REALLY bad way.
dxhunter
Bravoooo ITALY. Congrulations ITALY.
ehm_qhl
hahaha yeah i approve... Zidane , the big bad sportsman i saw in my life...

I would like to know what the player of Italy said to him to shocked him like that ... lo0llll

WOOOHOOO !!! Italy won !!! Im really happy !! Laughing Laughing

Sorry but , the game was our , we scored like 3 goals and 2 were refused...

Our goalie make an unbelievable save !!! WOW !!!

this game was our ... this tourny was our ... Italy was deserved this cup ...
4ndY
I still cant understand why Zidane did that, he ended his carrier in the worst possible way.

Congratulation Italy...
coolcepi
Im no trying to defend Zidane or anything, but here´s what I think:

There is a lot of mixed feelings in that moment, there is the desperation from loosing te game/cup, there is also the verbal provocation from the italian player, and of course the testosterone from all that muscular/metabolic activity. Botom line is: that could have triggered that reaction in an otherwise quiet and calm player. Heck, these players are known for throwing elbows, kicks and punches at each other in the field during the game, and after the match is done they shake hands, exchange embraces and shirts!

Of course, I´m not justifying the action. It was disgusting from every angle, even ignoring the fact this was his last game.

But I believe the thing didn´t end there. I believe it was even worse when he didn´t come out to pick up the medal. I mean, bigger men have made ever bigger mistakes, but they apologized, made ammends and moved on. THAT´S SPORSTMANSHIP.

What do u think?
mayur
It was a horrendous display of sportsmanship by the french captain and was red carded rightfully. A lot of people push and nudge in soccer but you just don't go and hit them in the chest with your head!

If people thought that Rooney's stamp kick was not the best act then this surely is a disgrace! He may be one of the most creative midfielders to ever play the game but still you want to bow out majestically.

People will surely remmeber his exit but not in a positive way though!
umumkan
yeah, poor Zidane. I think if he still play, France still have a chance to be a winner
nopaniers
Zidane was clearly the best player on the pitch today. Bartez had a shocker, and didn't look like saving anything during the game or extra time. It was a drama filled final... congratulations Italy!!!
PhoenixFire
umumkan wrote:
yeah, poor Zidane. I think if he still play, France still have a chance to be a winner

Zidane has said that this was his last World Cup and that he is retiring from soccer. That said, he shouldn't have done what he did. Had he kept his cool and stayed in the game, France may very well have won the shootout. He's a spectacularly good player and going out on such a sour note casts a shadow over his entire career. People will remember him as the amazing French midfielder with anger management problems.

Also, did anyone notice if the Italian who elbowed Brian McBride in the face had any fouls called on him today? I think he went in as a sub late in the game, so he didn't have much of an opportunity to screw up again.

Congrats to Italy. They deserve the win.

Cheers.
jveezy
From what I saw, deRossi was on his best behavior. He even scored a penalty I think.

It's tough to see a living legend leave the game that way. But I'd have to say that was one of the most impressive headbutts I've ever seen in my entire life.
elekis
is somebody say what the other say to have a headbutt from zidane???
Dragonfly
Some people thinks Zizou must have been offended by a racist comment made by Metarazzi or someone near him. But that shouldn't have provoked the greats like Zidane. It was disgraceful way to end his illustrous career.

Italy's final game was not very entertaining but if you look at their all previous games they played the most consistent games among all the teams and France are just a better team on the Final only. So, overall Italy deserves the Cup.

I also felt that the foul on Malouda that earned France a penalty was harsh. But later on he was fouled again that was deserving and the referee didn't award them a penalty, that was funny.

Whatever we say, the record book says Italy are the Champions.

COngrats Italy! Applause
Dragonfly
elekis wrote:
is somebody say what the other say to have a headbutt from zidane???

hm, Sorry elekis... I don't quite understand what you are asking. Zidane head-butted Metarazzi off the ball and that earned him a Red Card in the last 8 minutes to the stopage time in the extra playing time.

By the way, your website link in the signature is not working....
crasso
Zidane this, Zidane that...

The Player played a game. If everybody else act like playing centre of the World match, he just played a game.

If someone can jump and score after he made a faul, try that another time after few minutes, has a reputation of the evil one, and at the end can provoke reaction from the greatest player you ever stand in front of, you can call that man just an oridinary thesedays football player, what Zidane isn't.

Btw, Zidane didn't do anything that someone who knows him can't expected.

Thanks Zizou for everything!
rajhank
Gr8 work, Zizou, You behaviour helped Italy win and also helped me win 30$ bet.
Twisted Evil

But, seriously Zidane did not show true sportsmanship and his last match will be remembered for his disgraceful behaviour.

Shame on you
dwcnps
I'm happy Italy won, now Aussies are going "It was nearly us!" because Australia was so near to beating Italy and it could have been them winning the world cup even though I seriously disagree with them.

For Italy I belive it was a bit of luck because Italy had a few close games.

I new France was going to win but I'd rather Italy to and I was wrong but the team I prefered won!
Alienz
Sad to see Zidane got himself sent off in his last world cup Sad He shouldn't have done that.
Diebels
Crazy. He let himself down, he let his team down and he let his country down.
supjapscrapper
ehm_qhl wrote:
hahaha yeah i approve... Zidane , the big bad sportsman i saw in my life...

I would like to know what the player of Italy said to him to shocked him like that ... lo0llll

WOOOHOOO !!! Italy won !!! Im really happy !! Laughing Laughing

Sorry but , the game was our , we scored like 3 goals and 2 were refused...

Our goalie make an unbelievable save !!! WOW !!!

this game was our ... this tourny was our ... Italy was deserved this cup ...

Oh maaan come on ... don't be blind, the ffrench were clearly the better side of the game, they made the game created chances even against an extremely closed Italian defence, the second half and the additional time were totally for the ffrrench, and even at 10 they stil moved forward and tried to score, a thing the italians couldn't do because they just met stronger than them .... Pirlo and Gattuso were like transparent as long as Zidane was on the field ... no way that the italians deserved this cup ... shame on them for playing catennacio again and winning using unallowed techniques like rhrowing elbows and feet everywhere, aggressing players phyisically and verbally .... but thatt's life ... the better doesnt always win .... Zidane deserved a second WC but he didn't get it, he should have kept on playing and I'm sure a goal would have come, in the last 10 Minutes, but trezeguet missed hhis penalty and now it's all gone ...
and if Gregory coupet had played, who is our real goalkeeper, no way metarrzzi yould have made this header ....
that's life
frenchy
I just hope Zidane doesn't just get remembered for that (the head but)
He is a world class players and its a shame that his quiting football.

Weldone to italy but it was france all the way for me.

Vive la france. Wink
niranvv
Here is the video friends
(GIF file)

Niran

Www.Just4TimePass.Tk
niranvv
(Edited: I think, 2 topics are merged here!!
I cant find the delete option!!
Sorry for the repeatation friends )

Zidane Video is posted here:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-43774.html

Quote:
(GIF file)

Niran

Www.Just4TimePass.Tk

Niran
crasso
niranvv wrote:
(GIF file)

Niran

Www.Just4TimePass.Tk

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBV52GPhNjw&feature=TopRated&page=1&t=t&f=b
rajhank
niranvv wrote:
(GIF file)

Niran

Www.Just4TimePass.Tk

Excellent Niran
amusic
France still had the chance to win if Zidane and Henry were playing until the penalty shoot out.
mayur
crasso wrote:
niranvv wrote:
(GIF file)

Niran

Www.Just4TimePass.Tk

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBV52GPhNjw&feature=TopRated&page=1&t=t&f=b

Good one! This is going to be one of the most talked about incidents and livid memories of the worldcup and gives us all some talking matter for the next few years!
Maxus
amusic wrote:
France still had the chance to win if Zidane and Henry were playing until the penalty shoot out.

So Zidane ****** it up.

I wonder how long his penalty will be, of course it does not matter becouse he stops playing. Butit will spoil him.
Tatsumaru
I don't care what anyone says, that was a most excellent headbutt Cool

He was my favorite player, after what he did I didn't really care anymore. Sad way to go maybe, but he was still a great player.
Spyah
This dude may have said anything about his sister i just think he had to be a profesional and just walk away from it.

Now every not frenchman thinks he's a jurkoff.
snjripp
Certainly it was a self humiliating and pathetic act on Zidane's part. Beyond that, what interests me is the concept of language shown through this act. It seems to me that though one player was from France and the other from Italy (presumably French and Italian are their first languages respectively) they must have been speaking in one language at the time for I do not believe that one could become so provoked without understanding the language spoken in taunts quite well. It is interesting to me that one can neither love not hate as strongly but in a known language.
wsco
i like zizou
he is the best player at WC2006
and i don't know what Materrazi said to him
but i'm sure zidan is the most cool palyer
he doesn't act that way

i love u zidan

by the way ITALY doesn't deserve to carry this cup
olag
Zizou speaks the italian and so understands it for these one don't know that. If zizou did it, materazzi had to provoke him.
alienjones
Nevertheless the worldcup-final was a boring footballgame to watch. What a tasteless showdown off such an unbelievable event - Zidane was the only piece of spice Twisted Evil
bercha
the final is sooo boring ><".. can't believe Brazil lost and now, France lost against Italy <<... *sigh*.. i thought FRANCE was going to win!! Unbelieveable...
kany
Well The final was not that much interesting and what more the whole of the world cup was not that interesting because all the teams tends to get defensive as not to give a goal so they should not get out of the race so the whole world cup seems to be a bit boring as compared to the leagues where there are quality matches to watch.

As for the final well the most interesting thing was zidanes Head Butt that does produced some interest
RiCtee
Ahh....World Cup over, time for some genuine and dreamless sleep (have you ever dreamt of kicking a goal??....and miss). Sort of miss those early hours in the lounge with a bowl of chips, and without the heater turned on, freezing but overcame by a pump full of adrenaline (nowadays it's hard to get a "pump" cheaply - petrol, geddit?). I'll always remember this World Cup as one where referees are like politicians and players that use their hairless heads rather "specially". The very first World Cup I followed (I'm still young....).
venkateshwarans
Italy won the world cup ??? Surprised I expected germany to do it. Crying or Very sad It is Oliver's last world cup. The previous was so disappointing for him. France could have even done it. Italy has done it after 1982. Zidane with golden boot was a good choice.
Jurado
He was and will be one of my favo players ever.

No doubt about that, look at his career, his (bal) control. However he had dark sides but I don't really care.

Grttz,
Kamu8recon
Its very nice to see Zizou come out in public and apologize to his fans. I do agree with him though that he shouldnt apologize to Materrazzi because of what he said. But it's nice to see a world class player come out like that and apologize. Good Job Zizou!
allanxiao
Materrazzi should be penalized, not Zidane.
PhoenixFire
allanxiao wrote:

True, Materrazzi must've said something pretty heinous, but that doesn't warrant a headbutt. Zidane should apologize for the headbutt if Materrazzi comes out and apologizes for what he said. After all, they're both adults, so they each should've handled the situation accordingly. Taunting just doesn't belong in a World Cup final, and neither does headbutting another player.

Zidane showed he has somewhat of a temper, but at least he was man enough to put himself out there and apologize to his fans for losing his cool. That's the mark of not just a great player, but a great person.

Kudos to Zidane for that.
dwcnps
allanxiao wrote:

Normaly, they would both get a red card, not just Zidane.

It was a shame that Zidane left football forever with a red card, he used to be a very good player (and I guess he still is). If Zidane had stayed on, France would have won.
Relaxx
But which I had heard until ago of the messages, what said Materrazzi to Zinedi Zidane.
If I actually find completely ok which zinedi zidane made, Materrazzi would have me as if shit terorist and my to nut/mother insulted hättte think I I the same would have made. From therefore it find Zinedi Zidane the best made. Ok is unfortunate which it with its last play a red map got, but which you want to make?? Smile
digimedia
i think it was really great this yr.. even tho i only watched some games, but it was pretty exciting..
sadsac
Love Soccer, Couldn't wait for the World cup but I think it was the least interesting I can remember in years.

For starters, Greece didn’t make it (I think one of the fist times the EU Champion did not qualify) and Australia experience the wrong side of the whistle. Being Greek living in Australia, I found myself cheering for the African teams but even that did not last all that long...
Bernard
PhoenixFire wrote:
allanxiao wrote:

True, Materrazzi must've said something pretty heinous, but that doesn't warrant a headbutt. Zidane should apologize for the headbutt if Materrazzi comes out and apologizes for what he said. After all, they're both adults, so they each should've handled the situation accordingly. Taunting just doesn't belong in a World Cup final, and neither does headbutting another player.

Zidane showed he has somewhat of a temper, but at least he was man enough to put himself out there and apologize to his fans for losing his cool. That's the mark of not just a great player, but a great person.

Kudos to Zidane for that.

The good point is perhaps we didn't beat Italian but we beat hard one Italian. Easy stuff but not that bad result! Wink