FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Star Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi (Spoilers)

James Bond-007
I have heard from a lot of people that this was thir favorite episode of the Star Wars Saga. So, what do you guys think? I thought that the Empire Strickes Back was my favorite, but I would have to say this one is. The ending was very touching, like when Vader helps Luke from the Emperor, and when we see how soft Vader actually really is at the end, and of course the spirits of the three Jedi Masters, Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, and Obi-Wan.
xender
My favorite is all I cant really pick one because their all different time periods and don’t have same type of graphics so I base it off its time periods graphics to have the same graphics.
Monkeydog
Graphics in a movie or a a game doesn't effect how good it is.
I unno i think Empire was much funner to watch tho.
triggerhappy
i have seen all of them and this one is my favorite, because of the ending mostly and because i like ewoks Very Happy
ylmun
sorry, the Ewoks have forever tainted my opinion of this movie.

when I think hard, I remember really cool scenes, like the whole Jabba the Hut sequence, the speeder bikes and that kick-*ss space fight between the rebels and the new death star.

but then when people ask me about it, all I can think of is those ewoks and how much I hated them. I imagine the movie was reaching out to the furry demographic.

I think after this movie is when George Lucas started turning to the dark side. Don't forget, after this movie, he made "Howard the Duck"
dyrtyrice
still don't understand why anyone has a problem with the Ewoks, it's a bad reason to dislike the third movie
ylmun
dyrtyrice wrote:
still don't understand why anyone has a problem with the Ewoks, it's a bad reason to dislike the third movie

Short Pudgy Teddy Bears were never meant to take down the most kick*ss galactic empire in the history of movie-dom. They were meant to be hunted for sport, stuffed and mounted by the hard-working storm troopers and their meat roasted on a spit.

BTW, I've never seen the movie Clerks, but according to one article, it says the main characters engaged in "Idle speculation about favorite movies, such as the notion Luke Skywalker and friends killed innocent independent contractors when they destroyed the unfinished Death Star in "Return of the Jedi." The plaint of the menial worker called in on a day off: "I'm not supposed to be here!" "

I think that's hilarious.
tkGER
I'm not sure... I think it's the best relatively... If they had had the same technology for the first 2 movies, perhaps people would think otherwise. However, you can see the Ewok film which was after the saga, and it's really lame.
I don't know, I always think about Episode IV, V & VI like one big film so it's really difficult to say which I like the most. Rolling Eyes
Kelcey
Hey come on now... it started a massive following to the Leia slave bikini thing! Of course it has to be the best star wars cause of that Razz. Even without the Leia stuf, it was definitely my favorite. Empire Strikes Back as also magnificent. I wasn't too fond of the first(3rd) one though.
Darren
I think Jedi gets the nod often because it was the finale of the series. I thought it was brilliant how all characters' specific storylines came together at the end. The Vader turn to 'good guy' was a bit predictable but it was done so well with such a solid foundation built over three movies. This made it difficult to not be moved by the turn.

I vote Jedi because: A) The first movie spent a lot of time building characters and teaching the history of the Empire vs. Resistance. This is obviously necessary but had nowhere near the emotional impact of Jedi.
B) Empire Strikes Back to me seemed like the go between for the begining and end movie. The proverbial 'middle' if you will. Would anyone vote for this one if they deleted the "I am your father" scene?

I go by emotional impact so graphics/technology have little impact on my vote. Anyway, all of these movies had the best tech available at the time.

The newer episodes (1-3)? Not interested.

Jedi it is.
zanzou
More people seem to like ESB, though I enjoyed RotJ more.

But the point of this is to go: I can't believe you put up a spoiler warning for RotJ in your subject. XD I think the people who care have probably seen it by now...
Zenrei
xender wrote:
My favorite is all I cant really pick one because their all different time periods and don’t have same type of graphics so I base it off its time periods graphics to have the same graphics.

I feel Sincerely sad that you are judging these films soley on their grafical context.

"i am your father" enough said Razz
reddishblue
this movie is WAY to old to be spoiled for anyone Laughing
zanzou
reddishblue wrote:
this movie is WAY to old to be spoiled for anyone :lol:

XD I thought so too. Anyone who cares has seen it already... hell, even people who DON"T care.

Though I recently found a bunch of people who have just never seen any of the movies. *surprise*