FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Games you grew up with

vlnjodie
While I was visiting my parents over the holidays we played a few classic games. We started out with the game of Life, then Clue, a few games of Masterpiece, the ended with a game of Aggrevation. Have any of you played these? What are games you played with family, or with your family now?
xray757
Some friends and me play often Cluedo. Sometimes we play Game of Life or Scrabble.
jarcelao
I grew up playing chess and monopoly... I also loved chinese checkers...
Yjaxygames
I often play monopoly with my family. I also play Pictionairy and Cluedo with my family.
benwhite
Played monopoly recently. But I still play chess and backgammon on occasion.
Kelcey
Monopoly and Scrabble were two of the highest.
Dino
pacman, supermario, space invanders ... Smile
Omax
I didn't play so much games in my youth, not now either Razz
But the games I played the most must be
Sim City
Red alert
Sleigh Storm
rip8fan1
Uno, Boggle, Diplomacy, Monopoly, Life, Trivial Pursuit, and Scrabble while I was growing up (along with many others, I don't have time to remember them all)

Now with my family, and child we play Uno, Scene It, Monopoly, Life, Scrabble, Stratego, Sorry - and many other computer games.
Alein_Atryda_III
Some card games, monopoly(I played it recently and it saved my life XD) and now I'm playing Go, chinese board game.
sgwreviews
hmm, the PC games I grew up with are: pacman, digger, then lateron it was eye of the beholder, then age of empires, half life, sim city, half life 2, age of empires 3, and the game that still hase to come: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
Those are the most important games I think.
Dorsk82
I played tons of Fireball Island as a kid. Did anyone else play that game? My family still brings it out on occasion for gatherings like Christmas and the like.

I also played a lot of Chess, Monopoly, and just about any card game you can imagine. I played cribbage, pinochle, crazy eights, go fish, rummy, euchre, spades, hearts and so on...
lockwolf
I grew up with one game everybody gather round and listen to a story about my childhood:

At the young age of 2 (Yes, that isnt a typo, its 2) I was running down the halls of the apartments I lived in at the time in a diaper. I was stupid and did stuff for the fun of it. I was watching my dad messing around on his computer when I started to watch what he was doing. He was running through a series of hallways blowing up random monsters wherever he went! I then ask if I could play that and I was off running through random hallways blowing stuff up.

and thats the story of me and DOOM!
george7004
tetris and TV.. hehe
BurgerPimp07
I'm not old enough to remember any really old games, but my favs as a kid were the Street Fighter series.
Jayfarer
I was born into the NES era, so no Colecovision or Atari 2600 memories here. Only Burger Time, Zelda 2, Contra and Duck Hunt.
sgwreviews
Jeah, duck hunt, I remember that.
Scaramanga
Trouble, with the pop-o-matic dice!
Insanity
I grew up chasing other people around and screaming "Tag! You're it!"
photon
i was not used to playing indoors. most of the time it was cricket, badminton, or athletics. used to play monopoly or chess occationally
madsencarl
Backyard Cricket was a great past-time. If you want, if you go to http://www.ford.com.au you can do a bit of navigating and find the official Bacyard Cricket rules.
kazoe
i play with what the kids my tame played with, its a local game called 'Patintero' but im too lazy to explain it.

We also have a game that is recognizable as tug of war. well its a massive tag of war because it sometimes resulted to playing it with half of your class on your team and the other class on the other.
olag
I began to play with the NES then i played computers with heroes of might and magic 2 which is my favourite game serie.
Dean_The_Great
My family was all about Trouble. We would have game nights where that would be all we played. It was cool, because it was a mixture of chance and strategy that really appealed to me when I was very young. Wicked game for certain.
bkatz
Computer Games:
Dark Ages (very VERY hard computer game)
Mario
Minesweeper

Board Games:
Monopoly
Clue
Battleship