FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

.COM Domain for Frihost

tribe
I bought myself a new domain, www.tribe-talk.com. I got CPANEL and I did the park domain; and I went through about 10 pages on it on the forums and it still doesn't work.

I get this error: There is no website configured at this address.

I want www.tribe-talk.com to connect to www.eguins.frihost.net/tribe Not redirect but to connect to that as the main page.

The records and nameservers all appear to be right... It sounds so much easier on DirectAdmin but I have CPanel..

What can I do and How?

thanks
n0obie4life
Try it now, it takes a while for the domain to work (at least it worked for me).
cnnet
but I just tried to access the domain
it worked fine
Hobbit
Seems like you don't have an index, but I clicked "boards" and it worked fine.
kenetix
works fine here
Bondings
You added it as a parked domain, while it needed to be added as an addon domain with directory tribe. I changed it now and it seems to be working fine.
tribe
Well i see the www.tribe-talk.com works but if you don't have a WWW it does not work.

How can I get that to work and how can I make www.tribe-talk.com go directly to www.tribe-talk.com/tribe is kinda my main question?
Metaguy
I get "URL redirection something or other exceeded". But theres something you might want to try. In the domain controls on your domain host, see if URL forwarding/redirection is on. If it is it can cause a big loop and you'll never get on. Thats just an idea...
Animal
The best way to do it would be to rename your domain to Tribe-Talk.com through Total Control. Then, through your domain registrar, point the DNS servers to the frihost DNS:

ns1.frihost.com
ns2.frihost.com

That way, your domain will work as a "base" domain, so www.tribe-talk.com/tribe would take you directly to the location rather than forwarding you to a different section.

I think the problem is that you've used the domain forwarding system to redirect traffic from www.tribe-talk.com to www.trib-talk.com/tribe. Since it's a re-direct only domain, tribe-talk.com/anything won't work.

You would be best to do as I've suggested above, then add a re-direct option (see total control panel) on the homepage to move users on to tribe-talk.com/tribe.
tribe
Okay just a minute ago it worked when I typed in: www.tribe-talk.com it went to www.tribe-talk.com/tribe . But now it will not again?

I have my /tribe directory as my page I want all people to get when they type the domain in.

So should I set up some sort of redirection on the add-on domain so www.tribe-talk.com ----> www.tribe-talk.com/tribe?
Bondings
tribe wrote:
Okay just a minute ago it worked when I typed in: www.tribe-talk.com it went to www.tribe-talk.com/tribe . But now it will not again?

I have my /tribe directory as my page I want all people to get when they type the domain in.

So should I set up some sort of redirection on the add-on domain so www.tribe-talk.com ----> www.tribe-talk.com/tribe?

First of all tribe-talk.com and www.tribe-talk.com are treated the same and if you see a difference between the two, then it's a caching issue at your end (you'll have to wait a few hours).

Secondly, it now goes to your forum, I thought that's what you wanted.
tribe
Bondings wrote:
tribe wrote:

First of all tribe-talk.com and www.tribe-talk.com are treated the same and if you see a difference between the two, then it's a caching issue at your end (you'll have to wait a few hours).

Secondly, it now goes to your forum, I thought that's what you wanted.

I did but it won't log in if your a member.... I just got emails about that.. And I see its true.. You got an answer to that?
Bondings
Yes, try to log in on the subdomain to the admin panel and change the config values from the subdomain to the domain.
tribe
Bondings.. I appreciate your help.. Can you check out my cpanel and see what i did wrong or may've done wrong..

I think the problem was that i had the wrong directory in my phpbb settings.. So instead of putting /tribe/ i put in a simple /

But now my domain isn't on the domain settings.

Bondings I know you added TRIBE-TALK.COM b4 and now i can't.. if you could look at what i have taht be great and if you see what is wrong; please fix it...
Bondings
I setup the domain again with root folder your forum, that's what you want, right? And yes there was a problem with it. For some reason the domain was still cofigured partially making it impossible for you to remove it nor to add.

I then went to http://www.tribe-talk.com/ , registered on your forum and posted http://www.tribe-talk.com/viewtopic.php?p=726 without any problems. If other people still have problems then it is most likely because they still have the previous cookie settings. (by the way, please don't hesitate to remove that message)
tribe
Thanks.. Just one small thing I am sure someone can help me out with is this:

www.tribe-talk.com ---> WORKS

tribe-talk.com ---> There is no website configured at this address.

How can i have it so people will not need the WWW.

Again sorry for these questions but this site is about to go big with a major partnership and before that can be final we need this to work..

Thanks to everyone who is helping; especially you Bondings..
Bondings
http://tribe-talk.com/ is working ok for me. It's a caching issue from your end. Either refresh your page (for IE, press CTRL and refresh) or clear the cache or use a different browser to test it.
tribe
Yes I am sorry.. It works now.. Thanks to all who helped and I am sure this may happen for others so I will bookmark it in case this happens again.