FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

As i gaze up to the stars above, i think to my self....

Nutorious
... "Where the **** IS MY ROOF"
Srs2388
LOL, that was out of the blue..... pretty funny though
Donutey
still a little off topic, but i really hate all the light pollution, even in when you go out of town where i live all the farmhouses have streetlamps near their houses (on the property)...
Srs2388
yes...... i go to Memphis alot seen how i can be there in about 40 minutes you can't see even one star there
dosn't bother me though not that bad
aerialdreams
I used to live at a really peaceful place where I can go stargazing whenever I want.. those were the days!! Now I live a pretty big city, and all the light/air/sound pollution just makes me want to break something... Evil or Very Mad
lockwolf
I think some band made a song about stars
mschnell
Donutey wrote:
still a little off topic, but i really hate all the light pollution, even in when you go out of town where i live all the farmhouses have streetlamps near their houses (on the property)...

Yah, I agree; I wish the farms or at least regular country houses didn't have those lights. You have to go way into the middle of a cornfield(after harvest) to see the moon, or at least that's how it seems.
hades9366
The modern consumer is a big sightless moth. Without the light, sound and visual pollution of the 21st century to guide us we'd be lost, breaking our wings and leaving dusty trails as we dragged our bodies forward to bang our heads against whatever simulacrum of society we could find.
Marston
As i gaze up to the stars above, i think to my self; what a corny name for a topic. Wink
KHO
Haha, l like that Neutral and this "Neutral" is almost smiling, which is a very big deal indeed, remember that Neutral.
grnsmilie
That's not the whole joke! You've got to post the whole thing, man... sadly, I can't remember how it goes... I know it has to do with Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson.

<<rummage rummage rummage>>

Ah, here we go. Courtesy of Funnies.com:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine, they were exhausted and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend.

"Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?" Holmes asked. Watson pondered for a minute.

"Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that the Lord is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?"

Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke. "Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent!"
Marston
grnsmilie wrote:
That's not the whole joke! You've got to post the whole thing, man... sadly, I can't remember how it goes... I know it has to do with Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson.

<<rummage rummage rummage>>

Ah, here we go. Courtesy of Funnies.com:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine, they were exhausted and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend.

"Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?" Holmes asked. Watson pondered for a minute.

"Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that the Lord is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?"

Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke. "Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent!"
I fail to see the "funny" part of the joke.
OnlyOneLife
When you look up at the stars, it's a very calm and relaxing feeling. I really like and and I wish I could just lay down on a clean patch of grass and just stare at the stars. It's a really nice feeling. It makes you think and wonder how big the universe really is. We will never know how big the universe is.
Davidgr1200
Interesting how people think that you can see millions of stars when you look up with the naked eye. Try counting them. If you have a really dark sky and no moon, and no trees in the way you might count about four thousand. There are fewer visible with the naked eye than you might think.