FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ECS 755-A2 memory issue

paperweight
I just put in my new motherboard, cpu, video card, and ram in my computer. I installed a stick of 512mb PC3200 in it. For some reason it is only recognizing 256mb. i know it is something i need to change in the BIOS, but i don't know what. Could someone help ME?
Donutey
could you give your computer specs? model/motherboard
knux
ok heres the deal if you have one stick it might be showing 256 in channel 0 and 256 in channel 1 you might not be seeing the full memory size but just to check do the dxdiag test and please type what it shows there. otherwise your mobo just may not be able to handle 512mb it might be restrictive on pc3200 which i dont know if there is a way to stop that or not.
paperweight
it is an ECS 755-a2
knux
i dont know did you check the dxdiag? if you dont know how then put up the run dialog from the start menu and then type dxdiag this will run a diagnostics on your computer and show what ram is appearing. othewise i would def call the place you got the ram and ask what they say about this. it could be a bios thing but without seeing your bios display i wouldnt even know where to begin. sowy
SoftStag
If you have only one stick of RAM and it is showing as 256Mb instead of 512Mb without error, then it would suggest that the stick is in fact a 256Mb stick, not 512Mb. Try it in a different slot to be sure. Also, if possible try in a different machine. My feeling is you either have a 256Mb stick instead of 512Mb, or the stick is faulty.