FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

avoid super cookies

gonzo
With this firefox extension:
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=3133

Quote:
Macromedia Flash movies have the capability to store Local Shared Objects in your browser cache. These LSOs can act like cookies and may store any sort of information for later perusal. This extension provides a dialog in the Privacy panel that allows these LSOs to be cleared.

See the extension homepage for more information.
dionet
the site says:
Quote:
There appears to be an error with the database.
Maka
Error here also, I only use firefox occasionally, i'm to addicted to ie Shocked .
gonzo
There was no error when I posted.... and no error now. Strange. Try again.

one installed your privacy panel will look like this

chlx
There appears to be an error with the database.
bogden
works fine for me (the website). but how often is this actually used i wonder? i filter my cookies, w/ the built-in FF "ask every time" option (which lets you remember good servers, and bad servers), and am pretty happy with just that.
nik
and again firefox is the best way to browse
Dragonfly
It seems that firefox too has problems, but best way is to use both the browsers. Some sites look ugly in firefox browser.
S3nd K3ys
Worked fine for me.

Dragonfly wrote:
It seems that firefox too has problems, but best way is to use both the browsers. Some sites look ugly in firefox browser.

Sites that aren't displayed nicely in FF are not worth visiting because they are not standard. Wink
gonzo
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Sites that aren't displayed nicely in FF are not worth visiting because they are not standard. Wink

here here!!
SNES350
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Worked fine for me.

Dragonfly wrote:

While that is mostly true, the Firefox rendering engine doesn't render everything perfectly either. Just look at the Acid2 rendering test and you'll see. It does do MUCH better on that than Internet Explorer does, though.
Ressurrector
I like super cookies when hardee's used to sell em. Oh no wait thats a BIG Cookie...LOL