FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Downloading Backups

saiyeek
I tried to download the backup of my site. The download rate is so slow and the server doesn't support resume capability. I use 56 kbps dialup connection and it is slow only goes 3kbps. Isn't there any help from moderators side to enable resume capability in my download manager. Its not the problem with my download manager coz it works fine with othe r sites.
Bondings
saiyeek wrote:
I tried to download the backup of my site. The download rate is so slow and the server doesn't support resume capability. I use 56 kbps dialup connection and it is slow only goes 3kbps. Isn't there any help from moderators side to enable resume capability in my download manager. Its not the problem with my download manager coz it works fine with othe r sites.

It may not be the download manager, but by changing it, you might solve the problem. Another good option would be to use Firefox and download it with Firefox.

Otherwise, there was a problem with downloading a few days ago, maybe it's solved now. (you are on the first server right?)
saiyeek
Bondings wrote:

Otherwise, there was a problem with downloading a few days ago, maybe it's solved now. (you are on the first server right?)

No I am not in the first server. I use second server with direct admin. It doesn't solve my problem. Its not the problem with my download manager.
gonzo
saiyeek wrote:
. I use 56 kbps dialup connection and it is slow

yes.. it.. is!

Quote:
only goes 3kbps

have you tinkered with your compression settings?

do you have flashget?