FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Annoying Monitor Problem

Freezon
Hey guys. I recently installed WinXP Pro on this junk computer of mine with no problems. I have been using it flawlessly for over a week now. However, that all changed. Every so ofter, my monitor keeps flickering on and off. It builds up to a point where it will keep flickering on and off so fast that the screen is black. This just recently started happening and I have no idea why. Any help?
Naif
Does this happen only under Windows? I think this is a hardware problem. I too started facing such a problem from the last three months and around two weeks back, I lost it. Had to get it repaired.
longjack
Do you have another monitor which works OK that you can connect to that machine ?

Or, can you connect that monitor to another computer to see if the same thing happens?

Try to eliminate some variables by seeing if it is a just a monitor or video card problem.

Longjack
Freezon
It only happens once in awhile, but really annoying when it does. I only have one OS so I don't know if it is only Windows causing the problem.

Also, I have another PC I could try it on, but not right now as someone is using it.

Most likely this is a hardware error and I will check the drivers and all later but for now I must go. Thanks for the comments guys.

--CLOSED--