FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

boot time & GAME

chennai
my computers configuration is as follows

intel pentium 4 3.2ghz with HT tecnology

512 mb ram

ATI radeon graphics card with 128 mb ram

160 gb hard didk with 7200rpm

17" lcd monitor

but my computer takes about 15 minutes to boot,and when i play Need for speed under ground2 when i press any key the game reacts only after 3-5 minutes i.e if i press the left arrow the car turns left only after 2-3 minutes

also i cant shut down my computer ihave windows xp home editiom installed and PLEASE HELP ME
leodv
Seems like you might have a problem with spyware or virus..Did you try and run antivirus/antispyware? If you did, try reformatting...Maybe your registry, or some window's configuration is corrupted..else, could be a hardware malfunction.
Naif
Common possibilities to this include:

1. Spyware, Adware, Virus infection or a worm
2. Invalid entries in the registry

Solutions include:

1. Install an antivirus and do a full system scan
2. Install a spyware/adware removing tool like Adware SE Personal and do a full system scan
3. Install a registry cleaner like Registry scan and do a registry scan
Donutey
another possible, though less likely problem, is you've got the full POST testing enabled in BIOS, try to go into BIOS and see if Quick POST test is set to ENABLED. However, the lag in games suggest spyware/virus/malware.
chennai
thanx everyone
SoftStag
Another thing to consider is that the FSB is incorrectly set in the BIOS and the system is running slower than it should. Check in System Properties that the clock speed is correct for your processor. Another thing is that there may be a problem with the hard drive; it may have trouble accessing data. Check to see if it is noisy.
chennai
SoftStag wrote:
Another thing to consider is that the FSB is incorrectly set in the BIOS and the system is running slower than it should. Check in System Properties that the clock speed is correct for your processor. Another thing is that there may be a problem with the hard drive; it may have trouble accessing data. Check to see if it is noisy.
yes it is noisy
SoftStag
chennai wrote:
SoftStag wrote:
yes it is noisy

I think your hard drive may be on the way out then. I'd seriously consider backing up and putting a new hard drive in. If the drive is under warranty then I would contact the support from the manufacturer or vendor.
d722002
SoftStag wrote:
chennai wrote:
SoftStag wrote:
yes it is noisy

I think your hard drive may be on the way out then. I'd seriously consider backing up and putting a new hard drive in. If the drive is under warranty then I would contact the support from the manufacturer or vendor.

This sounds like the solution to your problem. However, if you continue to have problems after swapping HD's (after copying all your old files to it) then it must be malware of some sort.
helk
if it's any help, my wd 40gb clicked intermittantly for 1 year, then about 2 weeks ago, i installed xp on it and it started to hang if i tried to copy anything.

but it didnt actually slow me down. so maybe it's something else... i'd reinstall anyway.
InjunMick
I may be going out on a limb here, but, looks like your puter is a year or so old.

I agree with the previous posts.

But I have also sean puters that are a year or so old, or even younger, that have your same problem's. People buy a computer, load all kind's of software, games, pic's, etc. And they dont understand why thier puter has become so slow, the most common problen I've sean is lack of maintanance, have you done maintanance regularly?

Another thing may be power supply, or your mobo may be bad.

Start with antispyware and antivirus, then do maintanance, theyre all free.

Be careful with registry, if you dont know what to remove, have someone do it for you.

InjunMick