FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

l am on a psp :|

KHO
yeah! this thing rocks!!! just thought l would share Neutral
kany
Well didn't get it. What actually is a PSP. would you please explain. Question
dzo
Brilliant!!! but you must be near a wireless connection, why dont you just turn on your laptop Smile)
Guelila
That is awesome man, I always wanted to do that, but unfortunately, my parents won't buy me a w/ router.....
How long did it take you to come in here and write that for your psp??
really curious... Confused
carlokes
And here was I thinking that PSP was PlayStation Portable...guess it isn't only that....can you guys care to explain what is this PSP you are talking about?
Thank you in advance.
kevin
carlokes wrote:
And here was I thinking that PSP was PlayStation Portable...guess it isn't only that....can you guys care to explain what is this PSP you are talking about?
Thank you in advance.

It is a PlayStation Portable, it has some nifty other features 2, including internet ^^
Srs2388
so, with a sony psp I can come to forums and such...... i need me one of them =p
alot cheaper than those 17" LCD mac's lol
KHO
dzo wrote:
Brilliant!!! but you must be near a wireless connection, why dont you just turn on your laptop Smile)
because it hasnt gotten here yet Neutral and a psp is just like a pda/game boy/really weak laptop Neutral
Marston
I always thought PSP internet access was a PSP FirmWare hack?
Shade of Blue
Meh, I wouldn't really want one.

If I'm gonna play video games, I don't want to play them on a little tiny screen; kind of defeats the purpose. I can just play games on my computer or N64.

The only reason I think I would use one would be if I were standing around waiting somewhere for several hours with nothing to do. *shrug*
LandShark
ive never posted on my PSP and dont plan too, but it has some pretty a wesome games on it =)
psycosquirrel
Cool, I wish I had a PSP...
heady233
How do you get the internet?
LostOverThere
The PSP.
In my opinion, An expansive object with expansive movies, and games.

I wouldn't buy one, thats just me.

How fast is the internet on it...? Confused
Donutey
PSP are awesome little things, Sony def made the right choice in having a memory stick slot, where u can load ur own games/movies/programs...

I'm guessing there's gonna be a price cut on psp's when the ps3 comes out, i'll probably buy one then.
heady233
me to
KHO
yeah, its my friends psp, he has the wireless at his house, we just set it up this week after he got this and l ordered my laptop, we figured we may as well be able to check our e-mail on the couch, so we got a $100 out of the couch and went and got one Neutral

And yeah, the browser was originally a firmware hack where you had to hack into the wipeout game, but they realised that was a good idea and made it available a few updates later Neutral

It is an alright browser, it would be better with a good memory card, but as is with the 32MB one, the memory on the browser kept maxing out, this got really annoying because once it did this, refreshing after clearing the cache still didn't do it, you have to close the browser all together Neutral And when you type it brings up a keypad simillar to that of a phone, this is pretty nice and cousomized depending on what kind of text field you are typing in.

l haven't really found that many good games for it, and being that l am getting a laptop in a few days (its already a day late Neutral l think it is backordered Neutral) l don't see myself ever getting one, the screen scratches too easily, and l don't really do much gamming except the strategy type, and PC owns that genre Neutral

But yeah, it took awhile to post that, or rather it was easy to post it, but to reply to it took forever since l couldn't get the "Post Reply" button to load Neutral and alot of sites look messed up, this included, but oh well, l already coded mine to work on it Neutral

EDIT: l just realized l had at least one "Neutral" in each paragraph Neutral, thats awesome. Neutral
gonzo
I might be inclined to advise you that your money was ill spent. As telling you this might damage your self esteem I choose to refrain from speaking on the topic with any conviction lest those who are otherly interested become conflicted
Arno van Lumig
I still prefer a PC to get on the internet Wink and to play games... well... Why buy a PSP for that if you already have a PC?

(I simply hate small screens)
StriderVM
Well, at least it has emulation..... Razz

But seriously, unless you're willing to risk your PSP in the process (Such as firmware flashing, and doing other umm, illegal things.) the PSP is quite a device that in which has better alternatives in it's aims.

But for me, it's fine, since I there are emulators for that system. Razz
KHO
Quote:
I might be inclined to advise you that your money was ill spent. As telling you this might damage your self esteem I choose to refrain from speaking on the topic with any conviction lest those who are otherly interested become conflicted

Well to that l can only say
Quote:
yeah, its my friend's psp
Neutral
Unless you are refering to the wireless internet, in which case, l don't think that was a poor investment, as l am over there most of the time, and will be rooming there later Neutral so l'm just getting things ready for all that Neutral.

And yes, for anyone looking at one, l don't recomend it, the cache is constantly full, resulting in a "Memory Full" error, that will cease the loading of the page Neutral. There are a few sites who are created with things like this in mind however, and those sites are usually the ones that you would want to view on your couch. And for just a couple hundred dollars, you can view the internet on your couch! Sound like a deal? lf it does, you are either too rich to talk, or stupid Neutral.
DizzyThermal
Yeah, PSP looks pretty cool but I think it would be so much cooler if they made a Xbox Portable...

That would rock...
KHO
DizzyThermal wrote:
Yeah, PSP looks pretty cool but I think it would be so much cooler if they made a Xbox Portable...

That would rock...
l've no doubt in my mind that on Microsoft's quest for global domination they will make a handheld gamming device, now whether it will actually be portable or not with all the crap Microsoft will want to put on it is an entirely other story Neutral.
lockwolf
I feel sorry for you, you wasted $250 on a portable gaming device which could have been better spent on a cheap laptop with wifi.
leat397
A bonus feature. Shouldn't be treated as serious. That console anyway is not for internet browsing.
Davidgr1200
With a bit more work, the purchase of a few peripherals and the production of some more software the PSP may become as good as a PC in a few years time!
sibbahz
The internet on psp is very good for just looking up information, easy to get working as well but doesnt cope with weak wireless signals and i wouldnt use it to post messages on a forum as it would take too far too long.
canakalin
how fast is ur internet then? i think it must be very fast that u post message to a site
Dragon_fang
i have a psp and it is the greatest thing i have ever bought! i love it! i dont have broadband so the psp's built in wifi is useless to me:(

the psp browser was a hack untill the 2.0 firmware was realised by sony..but when u install it on your psp u cant launch applictions anymore (well aps not signed by sony) so i would jus use the homebrew browser and then u can still launch apps on ur psp. like emulators (i have a genesis emulator and a nes enulator -exitebike lol) i also have pspkick to make music loops on ur psp and output them to your comp as a .wav file.

not liking small screens is no excuse for not buying a psp. the screen is huge for a handheld (4.3" 16:9 widescreen) ...and ur going to be halding it close to you. i must say the moment i turned it on i couldn't look away its the greatest quality picture ive ever seen. it dousn't say hi-def but you would swear it is. movies look perfect and games look almost ps2 quality.

the only drawback are the games themsselves...there arent very many. i own ridge racers right now and imbored of it Rolling Eyes (beautiful but i beat it) but i am REALLY exited about grand theft auto:liberty city stores...

yes there is a GTA game on the psp!!! in full 3d - 3rd person view...not over head like some pple believe.on reviews on the run they gave this game a 10 out of 10 - check it out..NOW!!

so go get a PSP!!!!
sibbahz
Grand theft auto is a great game, makes buying the psp even more worthwhile!
Animal
As far as portable games consoles go, the PSP is a very impressive gadget, but I was quite unimpressed by its web-capabilities.

I find it difficult to use, takes ages to enter a web address - you might as well walk to your computer, surf then walk back - it would save time!
Qwertyip
lol, that does seem rather pointless... have you ever used it for a purpose? .. or just to show off? or your mate, or whoevers you said it was lol.
Tho i use my laptop, and i take it everywhere with me lol. mainly because where-ever i go ... i either need it.. or want it lol.

Can PSP be used as a storage device?, or cant yah link it up to the pc?. i duno, i've never touched one before lol.
izimngcubes15
kany wrote:
Well didn't get it. What actually is a PSP. would you please explain. Question

'_'...........PSP...Playstation Portable, well it can be used, it's not a hack, if you update the system...