FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WEBSITE HELP NEEDED!

Nicekiwi9
can anyone tell me how to disable right click and block or encrypt the source code useing frontpage?
RiCtee
You can only disable right click with the script below, which isn't much. It's just a matter of clicks (View > Source). Nobody can view your website if you encrypt your source (code). But I think there is some sort of script or setting so that people can't see the source in Sever-Side-Scripting (PHP, ASP) > correct me if i'm wrong.

Code:
<script language="JavaScript1.2">

if (document.all)
document.body.onmousedown=new Function("if (event.button==2||event.button==3)alert('The right mouse button has been disabled')")

</script>
shamil
Open http://frihost.com/forums/vt-20948.html and read. You will find answer to your question.
djclue917
By the way, there is no way that you could really encrypt or prevent the text from loading... It's because it is just the way it is... HTML
(SSL-encryption is a different thing; don't confuse it with the kind of encryption you are saying. Smile)

Anyways, the most probable client-side scripting language that is suited well for this job is JavaScript. You could find many free scripts in the Internet.. Just try Googling your way to it.

HTH
picsite
there are tons of sites which pretty neat javascript stuff on them here is one... http://www.a1javascripts.com/
toshlad
The Java scripts are the only way of preventing right clicks but why do you want to hide your source code?

If you create a great site, be proud that people are interested in how you did it.

I hope this helps.
Generic Superhero
do visit www.dynamicdrive.com they have lots of javascripts neatly categorized. they even have a script wid which u can encrypt ur html Very Happy
phx777
this will only hide the source from lamers, anyone can still view the sourcecode just by clicking view source, and then manualy opening any frame pages he wants to see source to.... you cant remove the source, the source is the page Razz, and besides you cant add much to html that would be worth hiding... and its just not usefull if youre making java password scripts with password written on the page Razz
madsencarl
If you put something on a web page, someone can view the source code. There are ways of encrypting it, but it is automatically unencrypted for someone to be able to view the page.
You could use the oldest trick in the book - spacing out the top of the source code so when someone tries to view it, it appears like theres nothing there. Except for the scroll bar on the side Razz
djclue917
madsencarl wrote:
If you put something on a web page, someone can view the source code. There are ways of encrypting it, but it is automatically unencrypted for someone to be able to view the page.
You could use the oldest trick in the book - spacing out the top of the source code so when someone tries to view it, it appears like theres nothing there. Except for the scroll bar on the side Razz

Or... You could use a combination of "View Code via right-click protection" and framesets. However, the code is really very easy to see you know. I really don't get the point of hiding the code... Question
Ping
I have a simple HTML encrypter if you would like it. I can sent it to you. All it is is a simple HTML file you run off of you computer. You copy and paste your sites entire source into the box and hit encrypt. It will turn it into a whole lot of jargon-Although its basic encryption and you will notice its easy enough to decrypt if you removed a few symbols here and there. That would work nicely for people who are simple enough to think that it is encrypted in some way or form.
I had a look-and any encrypting seems to be mainly fee based in the sence that it costs for the software.