FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't log in?

Riv-
Well, I've been very busy lately, and I discovered an e-mail informing me that I'm -5 points, so I quickly go back to this site with the intention of bringing my points back from the world of negatives.

That's when the problem occurs. I know that this forum is for guests, but I can't really help it. The problem is that when I tried to log in, I got a message telling me that I can't log in because there's an error, that I either entered an invalid username/password or the account is inactive. Well, I know that I have the right username/password, so the logical thing is that my acount is inactive. I know that the account is inactive, but I haven't reached -10 points yet, so I should be able to login, right?

Anyways, can an admistrator/moderator fix the problem or go tell me how I'm very wrong and that my account has techically inactive/etc.

-Riv

P.S. In case my account does get deleted, I'm just going to go on and make a backup of everything. Just in case.
Bondings
Your account is still active and your username is riv . Maybe you used different password. Please remember that it is case-sensitive. If it's still not working, just reset your password.
riv
Thanks for your reply. I'm able to log in now after a password reset, but I still do not know why it wouldn't accept my password before.

P.S. When I was tring to log in earlier, it provided me with a blank information page after I tried a few times. Is this a security thing because if it is, why isn't it giving me a message like "You have tried too many times to log in. Please try again after 15 minutes." or something like that instead of just giving me a blank information page? (I'm using Safari, if that makes a difference)
Bondings
riv wrote:
P.S. When I was tring to log in earlier, it provided me with a blank information page after I tried a few times. Is this a security thing because if it is, why isn't it giving me a message like "You have tried too many times to log in. Please try again after 15 minutes." or something like that instead of just giving me a blank information page? (I'm using Safari, if that makes a difference)

That's probably just a time-out. It might have been a high server load.