FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GD/GD2 support

lisa33144
Hi, I was wondering if GD/GD2 support is available.
Bondings
GD support is certainly available on both servers.
lisa33144
great, thanks Smile

Now this may be a stupid question but I was trying to install something on my page and part of the directions involving GD say "your site is being hosted by a webhost you can only contact your webhost and ask them to install it for you." And I also need to type in the path of GD. I'm a little confused as to how this works, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
CatBox
lisa33144 wrote:
great, thanks Smile

Now this may be a stupid question but I was trying to install something on my page and part of the directions involving GD say "your site is being hosted by a webhost you can only contact your webhost and ask them to install it for you." And I also need to type in the path of GD. I'm a little confused as to how this works, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

what do you mean by type in the path of GD?
lisa33144
I'm not sure, I don't understand what I'm supposed to put there. It just says to enter the path in a field when I try to install it. I can use either GD or ImageMagick and it says "If ImageMagick is installed on your system and you want to use it, you need to input the full path to the 'convert' program below. On Windows the path should look like 'c:/ImageMagick/' (use / not \ in the path) and should not contain any space, on Unix is it something like '/usr/bin/X11/'. " But since GD is not on my computer I don't know what I am supposed to do. Is there a web address or something I should put there?

And also, part of the directions to contact my webhost and ask them to install GD for me.
Bondings
It should be /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin.
rvec
/usr/bin
on server 2
Daniel15
Necroposting is not good...

-close-