FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GTA: San Andreas Mod

lowridincrew
Im going to start up a mod for GTA soon and im going to need a team who can do this for free and it is going to be a great mod to get us reconized. I need a person who can model.....
Buildings
Cars
Do Scripting
But they have to be experienced to do this so no amatures ok its going to be a great mod for all
Nutorious
is this for the pc?
Yjaxygames
Sorry, no experience. But post a download link when it's done! I want to see it.
lowridincrew
Yeah its for PC im planning to make a site for it soon.
Arcath
i ahve no experiance when it comes to making games, the only GTA modding i have done is altering the painjobs for cars....
lowridincrew
Oh i need to build my experience up myself i know how to use photoshop with it but not 3d model yet
alkady
I don't have much experience since the furthest I programmed was probably HTML and JAVA. But I'm willing to help in the distribution.
Damian37
i like mod to GTA 3,vice city, San Andreas Laughing
bkatz
Whats the mod going to be about? Wink
lowridincrew
Its basiclly going to be an update of the came to more realistic features like real cars stores clotes etc.
Hobbad
My main problem with this is a little thing called copyright infringement. lol.

Not only can you get in trouble with Rockstar Games for editing their game. Their probably being really precautious about mods ever since the "Hot Coffee Mod" incident. Plus, if you put in real stores and cars and such, those companies have the right to press charges as well.

Only thing I can say is, I hope you don't plan on selling this.
Yjaxygames
Hobbad wrote:
My main problem with this is a little thing called copyright infringement. lol.

Not only can you get in trouble with Rockstar Games for editing their game. Their probably being really precautious about mods ever since the "Hot Coffee Mod" incident. Plus, if you put in real stores and cars and such, those companies have the right to press charges as well.

Only thing I can say is, I hope you don't plan on selling this.

Yup, you shouldn't use real company names in the mod. And one question to Hobbad: Why would he get in trouble? There are many mods for many games.
Hobbad
I was just giving some precautions, you probably wont get in trouble if you give it out for free or use it as shareware.

Just trying to be helpful and give you some warning, yah know.
lowridincrew
It's Free 100%
electric
How is it going? Smile
lowridincrew
this is the starting so nothing yet just plans first and then we'll work on it
madsencarl
I would get San Andreas on my computer, but it just isn't capable. Well, I'm sure it could run it. At two frames a second.
lowridincrew
Lol if you guys want to see the site go here

http://www.xpforums.com/forums/index.php?mforum=gtakings

Insanity
The funny thing is that I thought that modding GTA would be against the EULA (End User License Agreement), but there are loads of mods for it on the net like GTA online. I think I even read somewhere on Wikipedia that Rockstar was ENCOURAGING people to make mods for it. Go figure.
a.Bird
Insanity wrote:
Go figure.

What do you mean by that?
Thug
I have 1 question for the modders.
How do i install these new car models i downloaded? Im a total noob at this so any help would be apreciated Cool Holla back!

Pz