FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

a quick tip

lowridincrew
heres a quick tip try to have a site logo a good design template and try to get yourself photoshop its worth the money then you will maybe get reconised by sponsors so that means cash
Vrythramax
For those of you out there that can't afford the more expensive Adobe Photoshop there is an alternative....Paintshop Pro. It is nicknamed "The Poorman's Adobe" and it contains most of the features of Photoshop but at a fraction of the price. It also accepts most (if not all) Paintshop plugins, so the program is very extensible...and *much* easier to use than Adobe.
SunburnedCactus
Or GIMP. It's free.
Vrythramax
Corel Paintshop Pro (formerly Jasc Paintshop Pro) IS NOT free...at $99 dollars I would hardly consider it free, it may be free to hackers and crackers, but not to the general public.
mano
No one said PaintShop Pro was free, just that it is much cheaper than photoshop. nevertheless, i would use Gimp if I couldn't afford photoshop
Vrythramax
My mistake....I apologize.
Marston
We're all forgetting about Adobe Photoshop Elements here...
Soulfire
Eh, I just use Fireworks. It works for me.
Sentenza
Adobe's softwares are really expensive and I only suggest having them if you seriously intend to work with it as a graphic designer or something computer-related. I heard Gimp was pretty good as well, but I don't think there is as much help communities as Photoshop has. (www.good-tutorials.com)

On another note, it's a good thing this thread turned into some kind of Designing Software reference, because the original "designing tip" seems like spam to me. I mean, I've got a pencil in my hand, and try to have an idea; I don't see how knowing to have a good design lets you have sponsors will help me at all.