FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

It's official... the US is losing the war in Iraq

S3nd K3ys
Quote:

Zawahri says US defeated in Iraq: Jazeera TV
Fri Jan 6, 2006 12:20 PM EST8

DUBAI (Reuters) - Al Qaeda's deputy leader Ayman al-Zawahri said in a video aired on Friday that U.S. plans to withdraw troops from Iraq meant Washington had been defeated by the Muslims.

"(U.S. President George W.) Bush, you must confess that you have been defeated in Iraq, Afghanistan and you will be too in Palestine soon," said Zawahri in the video broadcast by Al Jazeera television.

Link ...

This is good news. If Zawahiri is starting to sound like a Democrat, we must be winning. Wink

He kind of reminds me of Hitler in his last days, ordering a genocide of the Aryan Race for its incompetence.

acamas
I do not think USA is losing the war. I think the war is won. While their is going to be continueis car attacks all the time USA has to expect that. In a war you cannot clear the whole country's vermin! This isn't a war for the freedon of the people but a religious war! It's amazing muslim extremists are the only reason why people are really being killed. I do not beleive USA has turned this WAR religious but the EXTREMISTS. When troops are withdrawn from IRAQ I expect the amount of Car bombs will go.

I say the rebuilding should continue and when/if this new Priminister is chosen (I do not know if they have finished counting votes etc) IRAQ should put it'ss foot down and take control. USA and every NATION who went into the war at some time should help with aid until. the country gets back on its feet!

The war in nearly finished in my book, Its just religious groups trying to put their head in and get abit of attentions!
somnific
the war wont finish until the oil supplies run dry
i_am_mine
The war isn't meant to be won.

The "War against Evil "(TM) will continue as long as the black liquid flows.

Or as long as it takes the companies to gain a strong enough foot-hold in the local lobbying ( better put: as long as it takes for the companies to give enough kickbacks to the local warlords and businessmen ) to survive on their own.

The second one wont take much longer, so yes, if you look at it that way, the war's over.
biga57
I am afraid to say that this ugly war looks more and more like the last one the US lost:Vietnam !

Terrorists and guerrilla warfare are much harder to defeat than the disorganised Saddam Hussein's army.

If Americans loose this war, it'll be only because of their unability to fight on two fronts , the one in Iraq , against guerrilla and the one at home , against mounting discontent of the average american. The latter , much harder to fight in my view.

Even the black liquid and all the money that revolves around it, at a certain point will be useless if the US public opinion will turn against the war. The rest of the allies at their home have already public opinion very much against the war... Will not be long till allies start their troops withdrawal bending to domestic pressure of angry average citizen.
gonzo
tidruG
gonzo wrote:

Mass graves to bury all the people left killed as a direct or indirect consequence of the American War on Iraq?
Yes... way to go gonzo! You seem to finally be understanding something.
gonzo
i_am_mine wrote:
the black liquid flows.

The blood of black black hearted liberalists?
mialynavahy
The name of peace is sweet, and the thing itself is beneficial, but there is a great difference between peace and servitude. Peace is freedom in tranquillity, servitude is the worst of all evils, to be resisted not only by war, but even by death (Cicero )
Soulfire
Oh, the battles are won, but the war continues on. The sooner we pull out of Iraq, the sooner it collapses onto itself and a new dictatorship is born. The U.S. can't afford to stop in Iraq and simple leave, not to mention the Iraqis will hate us (just like the Afgans? hated us after we just left them to rebuild).

Finish what we started.