FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Disk Quota Exceded????

Arcath
i was about to start work on a new version of my site when i got a message saying that i had filled my 250mb, which i thought was odd but neway i delted one of my old site freeing up about 5mb. i then checked the cpanel and it said

DISK SPACE USED : 245.80

i uploaded a few images and a page and i then said that it was 247.67, i made a few alerations to one of the pages and went to upload it and i got the message again and sure enough the cpanel said i had used 250.00, when there is nothng else i can delete, i host 2 websitees, and there is no way they are 250mb! is there any reason that it would say that i had used all my space even though i havent?
Bondings
Arcath, for some reason there are lots of core dumps in your smf forums folder. Did you install anything special in there causing these files. (most likely not but you can never know)

I removed some of them so your disk space should become a bit lower. Could you please keep at least keep a few of them for a few days as I want to investigate them a bit to see what exactly happened. I will remove them all after a few days.
Arcath
kk i just saw them, there are hundreds!!!!!
Bondings
I just removed all of them now. If they would start to come back, please send me a pm.
Arcath
They are back.... Sad
Bondings
And unfortunately you aren't the only one now. There are tens of directories with those core dumps. Anyway, I'll find a way to fix this.
Daniel15
What exactly are these 'core dumps'? Do you mean like debug files?

Maybe you should post one here, so someone can help you figure it out.
Bondings
Yes debug files, hundreds if not thousands of them. It took me quite some time to remove them all. They shouldn't be appearing anymore. If anyone still notices them, please send me a pm or post it here.
Arcath
thnx, there was over 100mb of them.....
Daniel15
I'm glad that you solved your problem Very Happy

Since it's solved, I'm going to -close- this topic. If you would like to re-open it (if the problem comes back), then please PM me or another moderator.