FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Making VCDs in NERO

bcnhs81
is it really that long? i managed to make a VCD in more than an hour.. NERO took a lot of time encoding the video file.. i wonder if there is any quicker method of making VCDs using NERO
Animal
The length of time that a video conversion takes is pretty much entirely dependant on your system hardware. If you've encoded a full DVD to VCD then an hour is probably not too bad when compared to other systems. Raw processing power and amount of ram is pretty much the limiting factor.

You could try out some other packages if you like, but you'd probably not save much time. The converter has to change the format of the video you want to convert to mpeg1 so that VCD players can recognise it (mpeg2 for DVDs) - this just takes time.
SoftStag
I'm afraid Animal is right. It's down to the pure processing power of your PC. If you want to do it quicker, you will need a more powerful PC.
bcnhs81
awww.. alright guys.. another thing, how do i "split" the file into 2 cds? sorry but this is the first time that i get to burn a 120 min movie.. thanks
Animal
I don't know since I don't use Nero, but you would need to tell it before starting the conversion to make two mpeg files of about 650Mb each. As far as I know there's no way to split the file after it's been converted.
bcnhs81
if you dont mind.. wat program are u using? thanks