FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need help with php script

Hobbit
Everyone take a look at my site www.hobbit.frih.net , I want to make a script that you update the menu and it updates on all pages. I can't seem to do it, can anyone help? I looked for tutorials and didn't find anything helpfull. Thanks.
srijit
wrote:
Yes! I finally got google adsense hehe. If you click it I get a few cents and in the end I get paid, why would I do this? Because I spend a lot of time doing the website, the least I could do is get a few cents back for my precious time.

this is a really quick way to get you banned from adsense

why dont you use a CMS? maybe one like joomla. that also has integration with phpbb.
Hobbit
How can I get banned? I don't care adsense has given me 0.00000009$ in 2 weeks.

I'll try out Joomla but I still want to learn how to do it myself.
raver
well it is simple...you just have to pay close attention when doing the design of the site.. so you would create a page called menu.php containing your ..menu Smile and then just include it on all the pages...so when you modify the menu.php it shows up on all pages...
Hobbit
I tried doing that but failed. It worked once but the menu came out like 4 times.
raver
Code:

<table><tr><td>
<?php include ('menu.php');
?>
</td><td>
rest of site.....
</td></tr></table>

obviously the structure of the table isn`t meant to be used ..but i hope you understand and that you can easily modify it... and don`t forget to name all your files .php
Cheers
Hobbit
Thank you very much, I shall try it soon.
SamiTheBerber
You have some errors in your site now, can you fix them and I can help you if you need anything else ...
kv
Hobbit wrote:
Everyone take a look at my site www.hobbit.frih.net , I want to make a script that you update the menu and it updates on all pages. I can't seem to do it, can anyone help? I looked for tutorials and didn't find anything helpfull. Thanks.

Tried your site and got error

Quote:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/hobbit/domains/hobbit.frih.net/public_html/index.php on line 91