FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP, where to write it?

GDG
Hi everyone, I am back here again!!!

I want to know if its ok to write PHP using dreamweaver, and where exactly would I upload that type of file?? Thank you very much!!!
dandelion
As far as I know, you can use Dreamweaver to write PHP scripts (I prefer other software though). Upload them anywhere under the public_html directory.
Bondings
And name the files something.php instead of something.html, otherwise they won't work.
Aelita
Yes you can use dreamweaver. It's all I ever use. People get mad about that program because they say it sucks or because you should edit on your own or whatever gay reason they have because they can't afford it. I use dreamweaver. I love it, but I really don't use it's features. i just like the orgonization and ftp client that come with it. Oh yeah i have to use it due to work so I know who is working on what file so I don't screw them up...
tipikas
Yeah, I also love DreamWeaver for its integrated FTP client and the site managment system. And this is also good, that PHP functions are stored somewhere and if you type the function then it shows what parameters does it require. Of cource its a big piece of software and it starts up slower than any other text-edior-like sourceeditor, but I recommend trying it. a 30day trial version is totally free to download.