FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with a bad CD-R

aalmighty
Umm, I need some help with a sich right here.

I rented and ripped a DVD to a 1CD avi. Burnt it to a CD-R. Now the CD-R's in a bad condition. I play the avi from the CD using Media Player Classic and it only shows half the length (about 1 hour). gSpot however, shows the full length. Is there any way I can recover the movie? Please help guys.
aalmighty
sorry I posted here guys, can someone move this to the Computer help and support forum? thanks
violento
1.the avi work ok before of "rip"???....
violento
sorry....after of "rip"
impulse29
You mean you purchased the movie, and for backup purposes decided to rip it. Right?

Try using VLC. It plays most movie formats properly, and exists on many platforms. Sometimes these things happen because of limitations of the software. If one program sees more of the movie than another, I would say it's not the fault of the file.
tipikas
well, I suggest you to try to copy the avi file from the cd before trying to play it from the cd. if system is not able to copy the file, then first try with some other cd-rom or try to clean the cd or the lens (with special cleaning disk of cource) anf if that wont help then rip the dvd again and burn new copy with slow writing speed
boringest
you can try copying it to your hard drive and burn to another cd again...could be your cd drive acting up
Scimus
I have a suggestion. There is a software called badcopypro.
You can download it for free off the inter net ( www.download.com ).

It is used to retrieve data off corrupted drives. It is slow, but the work pays off. Try it and lemme know if it worked.