FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I've Been Suspended from School

lockwolf
yeah its pretty sweet, so heres my story:

About a month ago, I got a 2 hour detention that I wasnt able to serve do to various reasons. After that, they bumped it up to In School Suspension. This morning, since I didnt have to go to school till later, I slept in a few minutes later than normal and tried to take the bus. Then things led from one problem to another, I missed the bus that I needed to get by about 30 seconds. I hopped the next bus that I thought went towards my school, and I was wrong. I land about 3 miles away from school and about 4 miles away from home. I had a minute to get to school or else I would be late and have to serve another day. Then I catch the closest bus I can find that goes to my house and caught that and made it home. My parents then talked to the Dean of Students and said that I could just take today as Out of School Suspension.

So now I get to sit around all day on the computer doing whatever I want! Thank you Mr. Bus Driver!
byt
lockwolf wrote:

About a month ago, I got a 2 hour detention that I wasnt able to serve do to various reasons. After that, they bumped it up to In School Suspension. This morning, since I didnt have to go to school till later, I slept in a few minutes later than normal and tried to take the bus. Then things led from one problem to another, I missed the bus that I needed to get by about 30 seconds. I hopped the next bus that I thought went towards my school, and I was wrong. I land about 3 miles away from school and about 4 miles away from home. I had a minute to get to school or else I would be late and have to serve another day. Then I catch the closest bus I can find that goes to my house and caught that and made it home. My parents then talked to the Dean of Students and said that I could just take today as Out of School Suspension.

So now I get to sit around all day on the computer doing whatever I want! Thank you Mr. Bus Driver!

and you think that's clever do you? Rolling Eyes may the rest of you life be filled with days doing just as much, no work, no earning, no money, no life.

sorry but schools are there to give you a chance of a future, waste your time there and you are wasting the rest of your life.
bazranz
I must be getting old. I remember the days when school suspension was something to be avoided, and if it did happen something to be ashamed of.

It seems that if school suspension is enjoyed, there is something wrong with the system. After all, if a punishment is fun, can it really be called a punishment? If a day is to be wasted, waste it sat outside the headteachers office.
Qwertyip
lol.. interesting story.. i dont see the point in suspending people...

I have a different story lol...

My Parents dont reliase that school has started again ^^ lol... but it's ok cause i'm doing work at home anyways and today they tell me they didnt do much anyways lol... :p
*parakiss
yeah what was really the point for suspending you? ehhh schools -_-
Cyouz
Ya i agree whats the point... Actually you can treat it like a hol... LOL Juz j/k...
Jack_Hammer
bazranz wrote:
I must be getting old. I remember the days when school suspension was something to be avoided, and if it did happen something to be ashamed of.

It seems that if school suspension is enjoyed, there is something wrong with the system. After all, if a punishment is fun, can it really be called a punishment? If a day is to be wasted, waste it sat outside the headteachers office.

Yes but these where the days when if you did get suspended your mother would be at home and would slap you silly, so to speak, but times have changed, that punishment is not so much of a big threat as it used to be.
Revolution
missing a 2 hour detention goes straight to a days suspension? yeesh, does your school not have saturday works? Razz
LandShark
lol, this s tory isnt that great. What grade are you in cause if your in highschool and bragging about getting a OSS you really need to change the way you think about highschool. If your in gradeschool its like whatever.
lockwolf
bazranz wrote:

Isnt it weird how society has changed?

Revolution wrote:
missing a 2 hour detention goes straight to a days suspension? yeesh, does your school not have saturday works? Razz

Whats the point of a saturday when its like the only day for rest and partying?

LandShark wrote:
lol, this s tory isnt that great. What grade are you in cause if your in highschool and bragging about getting a OSS you really need to change the way you think about highschool. If your in gradeschool its like whatever.

I didnt miss much anyways. I just missed my 2 tech classes and Science and the teachers gave me the work already.
narc
Quote:

followed by...

Quote:
and you think that's clever do you? Rolling Eyes may the rest of you life be filled with days doing just as much, no work, no earning, no money, no life.

Don't let these old dudes get you down. I'm 28 now, so somewhere between 10 and 15 years ahead of you. We are prolly in the same generation.

At any rate, I wish I had broo ha ha'ed at school more. Adult life is pretty lame. You are still a minor, have fun, skip school. These guys are just jealous. Real learning starts in college, high school is a joke. Take it that way and enjoy it Smile
prongs_386
i dont know how your system works but in aus where i live you get a mark at teh end of your last year and that gets you into universaties and stuff, if you are being suspended and your in a similar type of system your not too smart.
Liu
narc wrote:

At any rate, I wish I had broo ha ha'ed at school more. Adult life is pretty lame. You are still a minor, have fun, skip school. These guys are just jealous. Real learning starts in college, high school is a joke. Take it that way and enjoy it Smile

Jealous? If anything, they're probably worried about the future generation.

Go "hoo ha" now and you wont even get into a good college. I'm not sure what HS you went to, but I know many who busted their butt of in HS so that they would have a strong background to have it easier in college. While those who slacked off ended up in a community college outside of money reasons.
speedlikecy
haha!

god bless you! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
raver
i remember that when i was in the 12th grade (4 years ago)i made a record of 624 skipped classes...oh it was so sweet...and now i`m in the best IT university in Romania.....which should point out the fact that if you have the brains you can accomplish anything. Besides, the secret of a great life consists in moderation...have some fun, but also study...don`t get trapped in just one of those...
Cheers....
Srs2388
Well, about a year ago I got it they expelled me for one day...
out of school.... my reason was there wasn't a reason...... one day on a school bus (I rode the bus then) this kid punched me in the back of the head *he was way smaller than me* so I dind't do anything and a kid (one of my friends) hit him *he was his size*
next day soon as I get out and go to the campus the coach says JUST THE PERSON IM LOOKIN' FOR (yes he was yelling)
and he is all you HIT the Little kid what if I hit you he was yelling and stuff i was just there (not saying anything back) he said your getting a paddle (3 licks) I said no im not sir, with all do respect i did not hit anyone.....
I told him my story and he dind't belive me and i took it to the office and the principal said well, well expell you then......
i said I dont see why.... I then kept myself from any more trouble and said okay he gave me the little paper for my rents signed it
thats all
izimngcubes15
lockwolf wrote:

Ok...what???? Shocked I do not catch that,m what is "in-school suspension" or "out of school suspension"? I do not know what you're talking about....so confused...
narc
Quote:
Go "hoo ha" now and you wont even get into a good college. I'm not sure what HS you went to, but I know many who busted their butt of in HS so that they would have a strong background to have it easier in college. While those who slacked off ended up in a community college outside of money reasons.

I say bah! My highschool taught me jack. I dropped out halfway through my Junior year and went to community college. Went on to get a Computer Engineering degree and work for Hewlett Packard. Highschool was worthless.

I should have stayed in though, those last 2 years I could have had some real fun...
lockwolf
Yeah, I havent learned anything new in high school at all. It seems like they teach you everything in Elementary School and Middle School but use high school as a way of mass review. Besides, most of the stuff that they teach you will have limited use for you in the future. Some stuff is great to learn, like basic math and english skills, but some totally out there stuff like The Pythagorean Therom and Solving Linear Equasions will be completely useless in a few years (like it isn't already, they just tell you to punch a few numbers in on the calculator and let it do the work)
byt
lockwolf wrote:
Yeah, I [b[havent[/b] learned anything new in high school at all. It seems like they teach you everything in Elementary School and Middle School but use high school as a way of mass review. Besides, most of the stuff that they teach you will have limited use for you in the future. Some stuff is great to learn, like basic math and english skills, but some totally out there stuff like The Pythagorean Therom and Solving Linear Equasions will be completely useless in a few years (like it isn't already, they just tell you to punch a few numbers in on the calculator and let it do the work)

clearly you haven't learned correct English spelling

English

haven't

Theorem

Equations
narc
Quote:
some totally out there stuff like The Pythagorean Therom and Solving Linear Equasions

I kinda gotta jump sides of the fence on this one. Being an Engineer I use both of those concepts at least once a week. They are good. Learn them.

And skip class. That is good too.

Don't become a moron who doesn't know basic math, but do enjoy your highschool years. Yeah, those are basic math.
a.Bird
byt wrote:
lockwolf wrote:
Yeah, I [b[havent[/b] learned anything new in high school at all. It seems like they teach you everything in Elementary School and Middle School but use high school as a way of mass review. Besides, most of the stuff that they teach you will have limited use for you in the future. Some stuff is great to learn, like basic math and english skills, but some totally out there stuff like The Pythagorean Therom and Solving Linear Equasions will be completely useless in a few years (like it isn't already, they just tell you to punch a few numbers in on the calculator and let it do the work)

clearly you haven't learned correct English spelling

English

haven't

Theorem

Equations

and here come the spelling police. nice contribution to topic, byt. Shocked

CLEARLY, you haven't learned correct English punctuation! oh nosers, i just totally called you out bro!

at any rate, it depends on what type of person you are to discern what is most valuable to you in life. if you feel the need to achieve great heights on this mountain of competition and material necessity, then of course you should not slack off in school, ingrain as many facts and numbers as possible and devote your entire life to studying hard as a means to make money. if you simply feel that you want to become well enriched in the ways of the world and it's societys, history, and geophraphic potential, you should get by in school with whatever grades necessary and travel the world.

if you feel that you are content with surviving in life with very little material possessions to drag you down and only good, memorable times to bring you up and be there at the end of your rope to look back on, then pass school with whatever grades you feel necessary and don't give two shits about anyone who compares you to them and the rest of the world.
Marston
narc wrote:
Yeah, try getting into a College without your High School Diploma, or a 57% Average, jackass.
a.Bird
Marston wrote:
narc wrote:
Yeah, try getting into a College without your High School Diploma, or a 57% Average, jackass.

Why do you assume that "broo ha ha" is code for "get a 57% average" or "no highschool diploma"? Why do you incinuate an assumption that it is impossible to get into college without doing well in school? Why do you assume Marston is a jackass?
narc
Quote:

I guess you skipped my previous posts. That's ok, let me summarize:

- I didn't finish high school.
- I DID get into college.
- I have a degree in engineering (in fact, I had an exceptional GPA)
- I worked for a fortune 500 company (not proud of that one)

You are 50% right though, I am a jackass Smile
IAMED_2
Quote:
Ok...what???? I do not catch that,m what is "in-school suspension" or "out of school suspension"? I do not know what you're talking about....so confused...

An in-school suspension is when they take you out of class, put you in a room, and make you do work. Out-of-school is a joke, you get sent home for the day, and it's completely up to your parents to punish you. This is easy enough to get out of if you're good at playing your parents against your teachers, which many people are.
valkyrie-heavens
usually school suspensions are a bad thing, but in ur case....
mark
I pity you!!!
heady233
I can't believe that your parents' don't do anything to you, If that had happened to me I would be I so much trouble, but that's probally because my mom knows that I never do anything wrong in school. And it really is your fault that you got on the wrong bus, you should of asked the bus driver if the bus was headed to your school. Shame on you.
Exorcizer
hehe, its about the same system at my school... U skip school: u get detention; u skip detention: u get a free day-off
Scott
Honestly, I don't see any problems with skipping a couple of days, just a couple. Sometimes learning to be loose and bend the rules is a good thing, no one wants to be uptight. Being outside on a beautiful friday afternoon with a few close friends is infinitley better than being stuck in a gloomy classroom with one of your least favorite, condescending teachers.
lockwolf
I find that the occasional day off from school is probably good for you, it gives you the ability to take time off from your work ahead of you and just relax and get back to reality.
kany
Well at school level it does not seems to be a good habbit. But at the college and universities you can have a go at every thing except classes. Wink