FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you had 1,000,000 What would you so with it?

Nutorious
I Think i would go into property development and make more money Very Happy, People say they would live of the interest but thats about 5% which is 50,000 but that would just be like a just over avarage wage, i think i would like to blow a bit of it, on a car and a house etc.
babumuchhala
Use $500,000 to buy a few of my many dream cars and invest the rest in some good funds so that i can run all my dream machines without any problems
lockwolf
Buy about 10 acres out in some area in Washington (Like Duvall) and build a fricken big house on one part of it and build a 2 acre indoor skatepark in another part of it.
Nutorious
lockwolf wrote:
Buy about 10 acres out in some area in Washington (Like Duvall) and build a fricken big house on one part of it and build a 2 acre indoor skatepark in another part of it.

You would need some money left to pay the bills >_>
Insaniac
I would use the cash to be the 1st person to get laid in space!!! Gotta find me a rich babe who wants to come with me though,,,
alkady
$1,000,000.00? Wow thats alot, I'd probably put it in a bank and retire since I'll have all the money I ever will need to retire, But since $1 Million won't last a lifetime with inflations and so on, I think I'd launch a company to invest that million and hopefully make some profits.

A more crazy and day dreamer style investment would be find a way to go back to the past, buy a million dollar worth of google stocks and make $3 million and repeat the process to go for $9 M, $27 M, $81 M and so on to finally one day buy off all the google stocks and restart the process and store all the money in a swiss bank account and since the returning to the past process would be unlimited I'd be able to buy off all the big companies while buying off all the other companies shares and pratically control half the world. But that would never happen *sigh
Jack_Hammer
I think being Rich isn't a good thing, I think to be well off is okay, but if you think your money (In some indirect way) is making money of someone elses suffering and the more money you have the less everyone else has, I would be happy with half of it, and give the other half to charity.
Jack_Hammer
P.S might I add, that 1,000,000 is not the same as $1,000,000

As of time of writing, That would be
1,000,000.00 British Pounds Sterling = 1,755,648.80 US Dollars
OnlyOneLife
Buy things up, like companies and properties and have some in a swiss bank account and NOT WORK for the rest of my life, relax, or go do exciting things like sky diving.
Caesar_
i would invest a part of the money in smart people so they could develope something good in this world, and i won't let anyone die from food reasons... i guess... that would make a good generation in the future...
LandShark
lol i would have it converted to dollars and then i would probably invest it
babumuchhala
Jack_Hammer wrote:

Damn didnt see that Razz

Will get more cars then Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
carl005
buy back converse from nike, base it back here in america and take a nap
prongs_386
i wouldn't so anything with it
bazranz
I would spend one quarter on drink, one quarter gambling, one quarter on women, and the rest, I'd just waste it. Very Happy

Seriously, I would most likely buy a house, a car, and invest in property.
cnnet
I'd like to go a visit to the moon
how ever
I don't have the money at all
clip
I would prolly buy a 3 computers on MAX specs. A windows pc, a linux and a mac. Then buys a house, get a car, invest the money on a company or 2, and visit places. and 10% of it, will go to our church! Very Happy good deeds! ^^
raver
cnnet wrote:
I'd like to go a visit to the moon
how ever
I don't have the money at all

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

mmm...welcome to the club?
webbone
Use $500,000 to buy house,and other to create a company!
izimngcubes15
Money...I would buy a lot of stuff, like games....I don't know, my dreams may come true!
kam311
Assuming the exchange rate holds to our dollar, you could buy a 2006 Bugatti Veyron. 1000 hp, top speed 253 mph, and really cool looking. Runs about $1.2 million (US). Not bad for something originally designed by Volkswagen. (I drive a Passat, close enough, right? Wink )
xorcist
First Ill transfer it to USA Dollars and then after I do that Ill stay in the same house and just put the money in the bank and just get things that I need with it. I really wouldnt spent it all on one thing I would proberly buy a car and stay in the same house or mabye just buy a little bigger house.
Marston
Duh, spend all the money on candy and carbonated/caffinated drinks. I dunno why the hell all you other guys are going to waste your money on... property, cars and the like. Stupid money management, is what that is!
drkns
I'd invest and live off of the interest, i'm up in Canada and have no clue what currency is what anymore lol, but the interest thing does sound/look good to me since i'm not one of those people who will go out and buy a solid gold crapper or a 300k car......living off the interest would mean i wouldnt have to work for anyone and i could finally start my own business and study. Very Happy
Marston
You live in the same city as me Smile.
drkns
LOL.....sweet, i'm near red river college....you?
Marston
Sunny St. James Smile
albert
I would......open a company and earn more and more $$ Very Happy
Caesar_
i would have bought the money making machine... and burn it... money it's making people think only about themselves... and they just ****** our lifes... have you ever wondered how many people have died for money? and how many people had died because they didn't had money...
stiffler
Well, the FIRST thing I would do is ask what that converts into Dollars. Laughing I would use the money as follows:

First: 10% to my church
Second: pay off my home, my parents/inlaws homes/cars
Third: invest in a solid education for my kids
Fourth: take a long vacation

Depending on how much is left after that, I would invest the rest, and/or donate to charity.

After all this, I would go back to work, cause I love my job, and I would want my kids to realize the value of working, not just having everything handed to you.
XSTG
I would pay myself a nice house, tranquill, and a nice camera to make films. Also, lots of video games! Smile
Wd_removed
I'd run my own tests on who was faster (AMD VS Intel) of course.
Kovalchuk17
Jack_Hammer wrote:

With that money? I would do several things.
1. Give like $50,000 to charity.
2. Buy my parents a dream house for doing so much for me.
3. Buy myself a house with NHL Center Ice on my big screen t.v.
4. Buy a Car.
5. Leave Like $15,000 for bills and food.
Don1989
If I had 1,000,000, I would buy 100 lottery tickets, all with a different combination of numbers so one of them is bound to win, and that'll get me even more money!
Srs2388
wow stiffler
I like the way you think most people I know would say
i'd buy ME a house
buy ME a new car
buy ME this buy me that
they dont really think about other very much
i'd do pretty much the same donate some to the church I would also get a new car ( i really need one) I'd put about 20% of it in a savings acount so it would last...
buy a few new things for my house that needs replaced help a few people out who are in debt and are nearly forced to filing bankrupcy
madsencarl
babumuchhala wrote:
Use $500,000 to buy a few of my many dream cars and invest the rest in some good funds so that i can run all my dream machines without any problems

$500,000 would probably only buy one of my dream cars...
With the rest, I'd invest $400,000 in Commenwealth Bank, then bomb ANZ and Westpac and watch my shares skyrocket.
BugBear
Caesar_ wrote:
i would invest a part of the money in smart people so they could develope something good in this world, and i won't let anyone die from food reasons... i guess... that would make a good generation in the future...

Invest it in smart ppl eh? you know what smart ppl will do right? take the investment and run Very Happy
bdoneck
Convert it to dollars because I live in America.

lol, but really, i would buy the best computer possible and stuff like that
thegamecreator
this is an easy one... i would buy all of your souls...no im joking...i would buy all rights to teh company fpsc and t3dgm..then i would put all of the money in the bank and pay all of my bills theb buy 50 high quality computers and open up my own little place where people come in and play cps and have to pay per hour
Nameless
I would totally invest all the money in the bank and live of the interest without having to actually DO anything for the rest of my life. I wouldn't mind too much if I didn't get that much money compared to the average wage, especially since I'd like to become and author, and I could (hopefull) get more money from getting my books published. The interest would be like... the guaranteed money to pay the bills.
windval
i would put it in the bank

and after many years

my children can get a large amount of money

^^
David_Pardy
Being in Australia, that would convert to something like 2.5 million over here which to me is HEAPS....

Here's what I'd do with the $2.5 million:

1. Donate $500k to my church to invest however they wish (new sound equipment, support our overseas missions, upgrade facilities)

2. Pay off any excess debts I'm in (I'm currently ~$9700 in debt, aiming to be paid out by the end of October this year)

3. Start sponsoring 5 children for World Vision.

4. Buy a sensible 4 bedroom home with a big backyard and build an underground studio in said yard.

5. Buy a Holden Berlina station wagon, convert it to manual and put $1000 worth of sound gear into it, buy a manual Mini Cooper S for my fiance and put $1000 worth of sound gear into that one too. I'd also buy a second-hand high-end Nissan 200sx as my non-workhorse vehicle, which is what the station wagon is for (I cart drums and stuff around regularly).

6. Give my parents $500k to spend how they wish

7. Invest the remainder of the remainder of the money, minus half which I would donate to World Vision.

8. Continue working at my day job, and only touch the money in the bank when I absolutely need to - gain as much interest as I can, then when I have kids I will invest in their futures with the money I have.

Seriously, I could never spend that amount of money on my own. I'm not greedy. I'd continue to work at my day job because I can guarantee you that almost anyone who quits their job after winning big at the lotto or something will go bankrupt and will not be able to get work easily after going broke. You keep working, you still maintain a regular income. No matter how much you say you'd 'live off the interest', you'd still not be able to help yourself from spending more money than you can afford to.
Vrythramax
quit my pathetic job, invest to keep the cash flow coming in, travel at will and let my hair grow.
Soulfire
I'd exchange it to $ because I like the U.S.A. better than Europe.

Then I would have to give some away, buy a nice house (nothing huge, something that I can afford to pay for an extended period of time with that mill), buy a good car (burnt orange in color Cool)

A nice TV, some weight lifting stuff, and furnish my new home. Then I'd have to get a job, cuz it'd be gone too quick.
benjamincblunt
You know come to think of it that living off the interest idea does sound pretty cool. but I think I would have a little fun with it like spend a good 250,000 heck that could take care of my cell phone bill for the rest of my life buy me a car and a house. Then I think I would probably live off the interest a little bit that'd be cool.
David_Pardy
Like I said, NOBODY could live off the interest. There's too much temptation to spend your money - and why waste $1 million in the bank just so you can live off the interest? What a waste. Spend the money, keep working, don't throw your life away over a million dollars - it won't go further than 10 years if you try to live off the interest.
inesquecivel
1.000.000 ???

Uooh! I don't know, but i will try to invest to not to finish my money...

Very Happy
muzikashqip
man if i had all that money i would first buy a car after that i would buy another car. then i would buy a big house with a pool and basketbll courts.

then i would give some of my money frihost u kno 2 help em out wit some more stuffff.
startsomething
I think a trip to the moon would cost a lot more than 1.7 mil. First of all, no government or private space agency would send you in outer space (space tourism is currently being pushed, but I doubt they want just anyone to be the first). Especially if your goal is to get laid in space like one of you said. Going into space would be great. But thats a multi-million dollar project.

What I would do is keep about 300,000 to go to college and support me until I get a steady cash flow as either an astronomer or astronautical engineer. WIth the rest I was thinking of living out some of my dreams like building a mantion on the cliffs of moher in ireland, or starting an underwater utopian nation.

But then I started thinking about the space thing and I could live out one of my other dreams. Make a sphere that I would live in, and shoot myself into outerspace and see where I go. Actually no I'd get bored. I'd make an underwater utopian society. Yup.
NewGuyinTown
All that money will pay for my education and my younger siblings' education... Blah an education is expensive...
College = Investment
Caesar_
I'd invest and live off of the interest, i'm up in Canada and have no clue what currency is what anymore lol, but the interest thing does sound/look good to me since i'm not one of those people who will go out and buy a solid gold crapper or a 300k car......living off the interest would mean i wouldnt have to work for anyone and i could finally start my own business and study... but anyway... i won't let my kids use this money... they should learn to work... not to have all they want... without working... that's what rich people allways do... they get a lot of money so they're kids can live like kings... but they are making a mistake.
d722002
I dont quite know what Id do with it. I use dollars...
cookienmilo
First of all, 10% ie. RM100,000 goes back to God for I believe the RM1million would have come from Him in the first place.

After that, it's for me to spend as I like...yes!

..So some (maybe most of it) will go to buying a nice plot of land and I'll design a balinese style house with lots of water features and garden. Hmm, that will be my dream come true..

After that, if there's any left, maybe I should save it for rainy days?
ONi-
Well first off, I would convert it to USD, because I dunno how those Europeans do it, but it sure must be hard lol. Then once I had that in USD I would buy a big arse house and a convertable. After that, I would buy all the arcade games I could possibly want (DDR, ITG, ITG2, PIU, Percusion Freaks, Soul Calibur 3) and then I would enjoy the rest by ordering pizza ever night til the age of 21! .................................................................
MWANGI
The first thing I would do if I had all that money is to buy a very very large piece of land and build a mansion.

I would then buy the best car that exists on this primitive planet then I think I will drink my heart out with the remaining cash

If there is any still left I will buy a large refridgerator and use it as a storage for Vodka.

Can't think of anything else. Oh I would quit my job.

Twisted Evil
Pistol
i would buy a mansion, get a nice car, hire some servants
and live happily until i die ^^
pacslim
I would buy frihost members including me the best free hosting servers and all with it Wink and I would launch my rap carreer so I can make mo not for my own bling but to go to africa and show all rappers, go here, take of ur bling bling, and give ur bling to them the locals Wink

peace fellow frihosters Wink Arrow
lukeropro
Is it even possible to get that much amount of money now? But, if I do, I'll spent half of it on cars and computers and a new domain name and half of it I'll donate to some charity. Very Happy
denggi
Heh...with the exchange rate as it is, I'm going to have like RM7,000,000!!! Yeah!!

Hmmm, invest 2 million in FD or bonds.

Another 1 million in mutual funds.

That leaves me with 4 million....guess 2 million to use immediately, like cars, houses, spend on family, some charity.

Other 1 million, I'm gonna start my own company. Or play stocks?

Last 1 million, go travel travel and eat!!!
reyes2k6
Open a coktail bar in jamaica Smile
CmKc
I give up working Razz
Yjaxygames
I would change it into first. Then I'd buy a good computer, with good software, buying some proffesional gamemaking tools, learn them, sell them, and get more money. But my money is not yet spended. I would travel to many different countries, and when I'm home, I would start my own company, I don't know for what, but I want to make money. So then I become even richer. Oh, and I would buy a big house too. With a swimming pool, a big garage for all my cars (that I want to design myself) I hope there's enough money to do all of that.
Frosty
I'll move to the South of France, buy a huge house, with swimming pool, with gaminghal everything. And if the house is ready I'll give a HUGE party
Jaderblack
I would buy a big house. It would be one of the biggest houses in the world. It would be kitchen, bathroom, and a very big livingroom. And some few other house in the area of this house. And i would also own them. I would also buy a swimmingpool with sauna.

But when I have spent so much that I couldn't spend more I would give the rest to poor people. That would be around $900,000.
Jaderblack
Frosty wrote:
I'll move to the South of France, buy a huge house, with swimming pool, with gaminghal everything. And if the house is ready I'll give a HUGE party

Could you invite me? I love south Africa. It's my favourite country. But it is dangerous to live there. I've heard of many people that have been murdered. But i would like to come to your party Very Happy
Yjaxygames
Jaderblack wrote:
Frosty wrote:

Could you invite me? I love south Africa. It's my favourite country. But it is dangerous to live there. I've heard of many people that have been murdered. But i would like to come to your party Very Happy

Did he said South Africa? I don't think so...
Code of Ruin
Let me see; difficult question.
I would use part of the money to pay for my education. Then I would put at least 60% of it in a safe place that generates interest but has a low risk. Then I would put something in stocks and stuff. And i would probably buy me a nice little house.
hkucu
if I had 1,000,000 I would buy a car. I would give money to the poor. I would go to Six Flags, Disney World, and Buch Gardens anytime I wanted to go. I wouldn't have to ask my parents for money to buy things at these places. I could go to the most expensive college and not worry about if I don't have enough money to get in. If I had 1,000,000, I could basically do anything!
I would buy a car for mom and dad,I would be sure the poor children had a very good Christmas.I would take everyone to a elton john concert and get front row seats..
I would buy a pool a machine house, jewelry, clothes, rides, and all that expensive stuff. I would have a BIG, BIG, BIG screen t.v. in the bathroom to watch when I'm in the tub.
XxGunner
I'd probably invest some of it, buy all the things i want. Open up my own little restaurant. Open a five star hotel business, so my hotels would be everywhere. Build my own big cottage somewhere away from the big city. Make my own airport. Make my own TEAM for the Olympics, lol.

I gues thats all.
valkyrie-heavens
First.. I would make sure everyone in my family is taken cared for. My family comes first Very Happy. then I would probably donate to charities cause i want to do everything I can to help anyone. Then I might put some away for collage/university cause my schooling is veryimportant to me. With the rest I would probably put it to personal use Like a new house, pimp my house out with cool tech gagets and stuff.
polit
I would go to see the world - and some of the best universities on the globe and invest the half of the million as others. Ok, at first week, I would try drink the alcohols of the world from east to west and buy cool stuff - and fill up my personal library with rare or expensive books.
Starflier
I'd buy banner space on a bunch of different websites, for joke advertisements.

And buy a really cool sweater...
wascal
I would start a record label, build a roster of artists and set about creating a new genre Smile
Jaiye
I would get a nice very little place on the beach in southern california, and live a modest life, probably get a job to keep busy but always have fun and never have to worry about money. Lots of surfing would be involved.
adwya
i dont know

but

i will do good something
adwya
i dont know

but

i will do good something
dookar
I would:

Get drunk
Buy a house
Get drunk
Look after my family
Get drunk
Learn to drive a car
Buy a car
Stop being drunk
Be very, very rude to some people who I wouldn't have to be nice to anymore Twisted Evil
mtorregiani
I'd donate for the poors, buy chocolates (TONS and TONS), And maybe an Opel Laughing

I'd also like to buy a domain and webhost (the best one)
sycophant
If I had a million, I would probably buy my mom a new house and live the luxury life.
SunburnedCactus
I'd get that hat I always wanted. Then my life would be complete.
Lilystock
HUm... nice to dream about it, isn't it ?

Well, I guess I would buy ou built my dream house. Invest the rest of it. Retire and travel all the time, I guess Very Happy

... Not really realistic, because my baby would have to go to school too... Even if I'm rich, I'll want her to learn some skill to know how to make money...
seanooi
I think i'd take 1/4 of it to buy the things I love, 1/4 of it for maybe a business investment, the remaining of it in the bank, just waiting for the interests to add up, and then i'll only think of what do to again with the money I have then. Laughing
jveezy
"I'll tell you what I'd do. Two chicks at the same time."

Okay in all seriousness, I'd probably buy a house (or pay for a custom one to be built). Pay off all my debts (college loans and stuff) and maybe do some investing. I'd probably pay for all my relatives to go to college too.
Nodrog
First of all I would upgrade my computer as far as it could possibly go. Most of it would go into creating a business or something along those lines, to make even more money. Of course I would keep a small amount to use for myself though, and maybe $20k to help those who need the help.
shwetanshu
use some to host a free server like frihost, some for a torrent site like demonoid, a car, a bike, etc etc etc etc.... list is endless
Dustin
If i had that much money i would make a new york fries in my college, it would make so much money that eventually i'd just be able to re-invest it into other things, and if it didnt make money then i could alwase just back out without any financial concequences.

That sure would be nice, but the odds of it happening arnt to good Sad
cikguyap
i would do nothing, absolutely nothing! as i never see so many money in front of me at the same time so far. but if want me to choose, i would put them all in the bank, haha.
zoombinimatt
I would begin by converting it into my own countries currency, and at that point i would most likely buy a house (my family currently rents) After that, i would upgrade my computer and a few other important things, as well as my internet connection, but otherwise i would be quite boring and keep the money safe in the bank....... while going on shopping sprees over the next few weeks but saving a sizable sun in case of emergencies or something.
zplitstonez
if i have a lot of money i would like to help the poor and the less fortunate ones.
zombi3
I would not blow the money at all. I would just find an affordable and comfortable place to live, and never work a day. I would just relax and do all the things i wanna do all day. God that would be awesome.
zombi3
and yea, i would not help the poor. I would help myself to be lazy cuz thats the kinda guy i am, but i deserve it. Wink
ashen
The first thing that should I do are pay all of my debt and buy something that I need. Then I'll use that money to build the biggest national park on the world...
nopaniers
I am perfectly happy without the million dollars.
rulo
If I have only 200.000 Euros Ill buy a House.

Im 30 years old, and I lives with my parents. I can not to buy a House on Spain. It a alot of money, and I must to talkwith a bank a bout a credit for 50 years!!!!!!!!!!!! 50 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People are CRAZY!!!!!!

Ill finish pay it with 80 years!!! ( if I live when I have this age).

So, now only buy records, and more records to spent the time....... I Love musisc. (its my way!)

How much is a house on your COUNTRY?
LostOverThere
I'd donate to less fortunite people.

Maybe buy a big house, and open a company. Confused
tefa_taftaf2010
mmmmmmmmm very very good question
1 million dollers mmmmmmmm Wink Rolling Eyes

i'll do many things like
buy a new car (Bmw) & build a factory to produce any type of foods and find jobs to the men who don't have
donate to the childs which they are in the streets
buy a new house at the sea
travel to hawai , indea, france and usa
i think 1 million is not enough Shocked Sad Evil or Very Mad
greekcovers
Buy a Ferrari and a house near the sea ! Very Happy
aidfarh
1 million pounds... That's about RM 6.6 million (malaysian money). So here's what I'm going to do:
1. Settle my mortgage, all my debts and all my wife's debts.
2. Quit my job and get my wife to quit hers.
3. Sell the old house and get a nicer one.
4. Get a BMW.
5. Invest/put the money in some kind of savings account.
6. Live off the interest.
7. ...
8. Profit!

Laughing sorry, couldn't resist the slashdot type joke
Tomppe
I would do something that makes more money. On the years i build an nice house. By nice car and stuffs like that. After some years when i'm werry, werry rich i start to give one million once year to Unicef etc.
GB
Pay all the taxes on it so I don't go to jail! After that, you'll have like $50,000 left and I'd give half away, and invest a quarter, and go on vacation.
WebSiteGuru
Well first of all buy be a piece of land at least about 1 ache.
Pay off all my bills.
Start a business that will give me at least $5000.00 profits a month to live off.
Put the rest if any into a retirement funds and let it grow.

Very Happy
risuarez
I Could forget about working and dedicate the fullest of my time to reading and academic research.
JorGGa
maybe I spent it Very Happy
snowflake
Spend some on whatever I need/want at the moment
Buy myself a computer with fantastic specs. haha
Give a stack to the family
Donate to charity
Put away the rest for the future. ^_^

1,000,000 pounds... that's like over 2 million aussie dollars x_x
psycosquirrel
I would invest it, and spend it slowly once I retired. Assuming I put it in high-returning investments and mutual funds, it could be worth huge amounts by the time I am old. I would also be sure to pass on at least 1 million to my future children as well...
Blaster
I would trade it in for USD.

Does anyone know how much that woudl equal in USD?
acamas
I would invest most of it. I would spoil myself and buy a cheapy new car! Go The Berina! Buy out the rock section of the CD shop. Buy a boat, Show of my wealth to people who I dont like! *dreams* That would be good seems 1,000,000 pounds is worth about 2,700,000 Australia Dollars!
Devang
I always have a feeling of Helping people of the society, the needy ones. So I would use most of these money for Humanitarian work like feeding people, distributing clothes, building houses for who having no shelter upon their head, children eudcation, women empowerment and what not. There are number of ways of helping people and such huge amount is more than I need to start a charity organization.

Anyone, REALLY interested in philanthropic activities can contact me for sure.
bangala
I'd probably invest it in my dream company Smile
I have so many ideas, but much less money Sad
alizabet_106
I'll to investment in own business. type of business is Thai's product.
Lennon
Who want's to be a millionaire... I do!!!

Options out there for everyone. Just remember that one million pound is enough to sustain 4,200 families for one year, can save >100,000 lives, can buy you a family car (20,000) once a year for 50 years give or take inflation etc.

You are 90% likely to either spend the most part in one year or invest it for life.

for me, a combo of investment in house, business, leisure and charity, just don't want to have a large bank account for no reason.
takercena
I'm going to start my own webhosting business
djfreakske
i would firstly buy the best computer on the world. hope its enough Cool and a nice house
Yantaal
as the firt poster said, i would live of the intrest. I mean, put it in the bank leave it mayve, and just carry on working, let it gather intrest and soony you wil be earning poo loads of interest. Which you can then live of. it all makes sense. hazaa
demolaynyc
hmmmm let's see.... i'd use 100,000 to invest in shares so i make more money. Then use another 100,000 to buy me a car. a house in the city and donate some to charity and save the rest for future uses. Oh and also the first thing i'd do is to go to a nice restaurant and celebrate with my friends and family.
photon
thats a lot of money!! heres what i will do :

1. get the fastest computer that money can buy this moment and overclock it like hell!

2. get a 15+ mbps internet line (im now on a 256k line Sad

3. a pretty decent car like a porche 911
Orla
First things first: GET A CREDIT CARD

Em, to be honest, I think that the first thing that I would do, is go into town shoppin.... Cos like, most other things require plannin, and I'd want to just spend some straight away, then I'd probly go to Australia with some friends...... I suppose put a bit in the bank for a "rainy day" and all that malarky...... Oh, I'd buy an Audi TT Quatro Sport, cos thats my favourite car ever!!!!

Ok, now after talkin bout it, I really really want that money now......

I'd probly get some lipo or sumthin, or maybe a personal trainer..... Very Happy
Jazz
I'd spend a half of it on starving people in Africa and places like that and 1 quater on research to make the enviroment better and for the last quater i'd invest until i had 1 million pounds again and then spend it on my neccerry needs maybe by a decent house and get a quite popular car so i have loads left to be extravagant. Very Happy then when i'm down to my last quater of mill again just invest again and just do what i said before over and over again untill my time in sky finnally comes. Cool
WebSiteGuru
takercena wrote:
I'm going to start my own webhosting business

You can now. It doesnt required that much. Wink
Manus et Therion
There have been some very interesting comments here. Some, not so interesting.

Since the question comes out to close to 1 and one quarter of a million dollars U.S., it is a pretty penny to land on in one chunk for sure.

I would buy a decent house, a decent car, and then build the villa of my dreams which would include an institute for personal development where people could involve themselves in a program of psychological and spiritual developement. Off those earnings I would replenish the pretty penny quite often by taking advantage of P.T. Barnum's Law. Twisted Evil
elTibor
Pay student loans and mortgage.

I would then automate my place and authenticate with biometrics. Everything from fridge access to TV would require facial recognition for use Smile

How much do you suppose that would cost anyways?
dj-joshua
I would build a masive hose have all the best chicks and start a well good company Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
SNES350
I would first spend money on the most expensive things (house, car), paying them off or buying my first one (or, in the case of a car, replacing one that has become too much trouble). After that, I would spend the money on petty things as I see fit. First petty thing would be a very, very expensive computer.
Fall To Your Knees
I'd own the largest schlong in the modern world. Rolling Eyes Laughing
tschris
I would just change my 1.000.000 pounds in euro
s43ros
Well let's see. First, a brand spanking new Gaming PC, so powerful, auto-detecting video settings will set the max possible video settings and then say it is not worthy to be played on that machine. Second, a new truck, because i don't really like cars all that much. Finally, a decent house and pay off all of my bills and college debts
hahame
shopping ,visite anywhere.and build a house,later marry some girls
burzum
i would expand my business and live off the interest! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ljsk
I'd pay everything off, buy myself a collection of cars and a couple of needlessly high spec computers then bank it and get working on making more.

I'd also like a couple of houses. One here, one in Italy, one in New Zealand etc.
otaku
10% of the money would go to my church

50% I would save for college.

The rest of the money I'd probably save for a car.
z4c.
If I had that much money I would...

buy a new computer and a new car!

the rest I would save. I would go about my normal life also.
kansloos
Sending myself in outer space...
chihouse
I will buy anything what I want. Very Happy
Motoracer380
well.. ide buy a video camera setup.. a canon xl2

then ide buy a cabin in alaska, a shit load of snowmobiles and start a snowmobile rental / repair shop to rake in more dough.

then ide buy a huge pickup truck...
Takayukiko
I'd by Apple products....and buy myself a house in Canada or something, and donate the remaining to American Red Cross......i don't want to be chased after for money, and I don't want to be killed for money.
donating them is good way to say good bye to money and get a security.
Jat Goodwin
well im a dirty amarican so i dont know exactly what a million pounds is... but i figure its a little over a million bucks so i would take that money and stick it in a CD account and let it sit for a few years.
shigajet
...I'd quite my current job, move back to Canada, buy a house, invest in some property and retire in style. Well...it's a perfect plan for me, but everyone has a different goal.
Jupiter2
I would spent something for a nice big house, and a nice big car and a few computers and some chicks Razz
sssg
well let mi see first i would find a local drug dealer and blow 50% on marijuana and so forth then the other half would be spent on a 24/7 party house that is sound proof and on some land and live my life partying but yeh actualy like 25% on marijuana and the rest 2 live my life as one big party untill i die ov a very painful case of lung cancer and put my will which will be still a hell ov a lot ov marijuana 2 my son iv i hav one ore my best marijuana buddy and i think every one gets the point for now hehehehehehehe i will hullicinate the world!!!!!!!! mwaahahahaha
mu4eva
I think I would set up a company to earn more money, buy a new car and house and go for a vacation Razz
hangnhu
One million USDollar? Why couldn't it be GBPound Razz
anyway 1. Buy a huge pice of land
2. Build a dream house
3. Buy cars for everyone in my family (Mum, Dad, Brother & Me)
4. Invest in a fashion boutque, so I'm never without the lastest clothing/fashion
5. Cruise and Fly, travel everywhere

It a once in a lifetme dream, so sorry to all those lest forturnate out there, you gotto be selfish once in a while
Jori
I would get my self happy as Jenna Jameson is. Surprised Smile
bombadil314
I Think i would go into property development and make more money Very Happy, People say they would live of the interest but thats about 5% which is 50,000 but that would just be like a just over avarage wage, i think i would like to blow a bit of it, on a car and a house etc.
bombadil314
well let mi see first i would find a local drug dealer and blow 50% on marijuana and so forth then the other half would be spent on a 24/7 party house that is sound proof and on some land and live my life partying but yeh actualy like 25% on marijuana and the rest 2 live my life as one big party untill i die ov a very painful case of lung cancer and put my will which will be still a hell ov a lot ov marijuana 2 my son iv i hav one ore my best marijuana buddy and i think every one gets the point for now hehehehehehehe i will hullicinate the world!!!!!!!! mwaahahahaha
1. make a survey of the needs of various possible customers
2. in parallel will be recruiting technocrats(freshers)
3. i will also go for few experienced project leaders
4. will bring down the production cost to stay in competition

some part of the amount i will spend in "share market" so as to balance risk.

a good some i will spend on myself for procuring following
1. banglow
2. Royce Royal
3. Good Cook
Tasukii
I would first change them in euros, then I would place them in a sure banks, buy myself a looot of gifts, then I'll buy my familly and friends (oh that's sure I will have a lot of friends if Im rich Wink ) I would buy the best computer that exists on the planet, I would travel around the world.
I would donate a few to charity, Im a nice person Very Happy
Oh and I would buy a host, a great host (just kidding guys!)
Then I would try not to change into a rich ******...
sk8er_gurl_31
If I had that much money, I'd probably go shopping! Completely new wardrobe! Very Happy I'd probably get a pet chihuahua, or a daschund! Razz Or I could buy presents for all my friends...or I could donate some of it to charity...or I could give it ALL away...too many choices! Too many possibilities!
mu4eva
Let's be more specific now...

First, I will open a new investment company which invests in everything from Forex, stocks to internet business

I'll run a survey to see what the public think is the best opportunity to invest

Run lots of advertisements to get lots of clients, do everything right, and turn 1 million to 5 million Razz

From there, I will have more than 1 million. I can seriously consider

1) The latest release from Porsche

2) A very big mansion

3) Land, land and more land for the future

4) Money for my gf to spend Wink

I think that's about it
NG
Please do not bring back iold topics from more than 1 year ago plz
dan751
xe.com's Universial Currency Converter wrote:

xe.com Universal Currency Converter Results
Live mid-market rates as of 2006.02.06 19:29:29 UTC.
1,000,000.00 GBP = 1,746,543.12 USD
United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars
1 GBP = 1.74654 USD 1 USD = 0.572560 GBP

LINK: http://www.xe.com/ucc

If I had that kind of money, I'd put it in a bank and live off the interest.Very Happy

Let's see: $ 1,746,543.12 (USD) at (let's say) 3% interest monthly = $52 396.2936 (USD) -OR- 29,985.2115 (GBP). THAT's MONTHLY INTEREST! WOW! I think I could live off that.Very Happy
Pablo Diablo
Well, first I would convert that to Canadaian dollars, so it'd end up being quite a bit more then a million. The first thing I would do is move out of my house to BC or Alberta and spend my time snowboarding up there for the next few months. Then in April or so when it gets warmer I'd buy my first car (A 2007 Honda Fit) and spend the summer playing sports with all my friends and thinking of ways to spend or invest my money. And of course I'd give about 50 grand to each of my family members.
dan751
Pablo Diablo wrote:
Well, first I would convert that to Canadaian dollars, so it'd end up being quite a bit more then a million. The first thing I would do is move out of my house to BC or Alberta and spend my time snowboarding up there for the next few months. Then in April or so when it gets warmer I'd buy my first car (A 2007 Honda Fit) and spend the summer playing sports with all my friends and thinking of ways to spend or invest my money. And of course I'd give about 50 grand to each of my family members.

Well, the 1 million pounds would equal to $2,002,094.94 CAD. I too would move out of my little home in Ontario and probably move to Europe for a career in car racing. And during the winter months, vacate in Alberta for snowboarding too.Very HappyVery Happy
bilham
if i had that much money id probz just put it in the bank give some to my mum dad and sister have a little spending money. I wouldnt wont to waste it i could get alot of interest if i kept it in a bank account. I am only 16 so when the time is right i can get a car n driving lessons use it for stuff like that.
Nittedal_TKD
I thin I would lived as much as normal to I was finish with school and that kind of things!
TheDarkLord
I would like ... U no ...

Buy out Harry Potter from Rowling? U no, add my own 'twist' to book 7.

U no, Is' all goo'! I'ma hustla! Anyway, I'm an immature kid so I would just do something dumb and blow it ...

Quote:
if i had that much money id probz just put it in the bank give some to my mum dad and sister have a little spending money. I wouldnt wont to waste it i could get alot of interest if i kept it in a bank account. I am only 16 so when the time is right i can get a car n driving lessons use it for stuff like that.

Yeah right, you would probably blow it on a skateboard or something u teens do like all gospel and goth u no annoy ur parents u no like impress girls u no try to be cool ...
[/quote]
[idbi]SKi
Invest in Google, Microsoft and a few other companies to rack up funds... Then invest in a program that gives money to surf websites... I should be able to make at least 500% of what I invested... Giving me more money, then I would just keep investing, keep a special fund for my children's college funding... Buy a nice house, car, keep enough money to pay all my bills... Then start up my own company with the leftover money....

-SKi
Blaster
dan751 wrote:
Pablo Diablo wrote:

Well, the 1 million pounds would equal to $2,002,094.94 CAD. I too would move out of my little home in Ontario and probably move to Europe for a career in car racing. And during the winter months, vacate in Alberta for snowboarding too.Very HappyVery Happy

Your just a regular sportsster. Did you ever go quad riding?

I would simply save it for collage. (I am from USA so the money is different.)
LG-2
I will spend half of it on stocks and businesses.

Remember, being rich is not the same as being wealthy, so... Ill try to become wealthy. Very Happy
Kanine
If i had $1m id probably invest it and buy a Mclaren F1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy[/img][/quote]
Lennon
Even better than the Mclaren,
The new Ferrari Begatti Twisted Evil
NoahDesclian
I'd probably wonder where I got it from, you know? I mean, what if someone put it in my pocket so that they could frame me. If it was money that just appeared there, though, I'd probably put most of it away. What do I need a million dollars now? When I have kids and a home, then maybe we can talk :)
Lennon
If I was framed I pay the framer something to get off my back
If I won it in the lotto I'd play the game with much more lines and better chance of winning again.
If I reaped it from interest in business/shares I'd invest more.
If I stole it I'd invest it and pay back the victim with the interest.
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
charleypetersen
I would open my own Fitness and Martial arts studio and give free tuition for families and kids that couldnt afford it.

I would build a luxury housing estate for me and my family and friends and call it something that sounded exotic and then get a stack of Sports cars for us all to play with!

The list just goes on really. I got a question for you...

What WOULDNT you do with a million pounds Question

take it easy!! Cool
Lennon
How about increasing to 1m to 1b ?
How to blow a billion...? A million doesn't go to far for luxury.
haNn
Buy computer of my dreams Smile Dancing and buy Aston Martin DB9
jogjafotografi
i will establish a photography school in my town
Balcard
I would buy a Hammer (1[car]), Dodge Viper Very Happy AM DB9, Subaru Impreza 3 WRC STI (if its exist) (Brum Brum) and Computer. And i would give some cash for charity.
Lacerate-
Probably first get outta debt then help a couple of family members get outta debt and invest 50% of it and sit aside some money for emergency use. Very Happy
Lennon
So far not much gambling or promiscuity mentioned so far. Looking sensible.
deMij
There's a site called http://www.milliondollarwebpage.com/

this guy gets one dollar per pixel of advertise :p
fragment
Personally, I would bought myself a brand new computer, putted my car in a repair-shop and then I should buy myself a chocolate;)
Lacerate-
fragment wrote:
then I should buy myself a chocolate;)

rofl im sorry thats just funny all that money and the only thing you can think about besides the other 2 listed is chocolate haha Laughing
lockbox
First i would buy a HUGE private island just for me and my 3 best friends .I would have there 4 laptops...1 BIG VIRGIN MEGA STORE
1 BIG INSTRUMENT GARAGE
1 BIG Mall with all the cool clothes and shoes... i love shoes...i'll have one room full of converse
4 candy shops
4 duncin donuts
4 pizza hut store
4 kfc restaurants
1 1,000,000 m2 pool
1 HUGE....yes HUGE Entertainment room:
it contains:
many dj sets
pool tables
bowling
video games:PS2 XBOX 360...LOTS OF COMPUTERS with internet!!!!
what else???
ONE HUGE CAR GALLERY
MILLIONS OF SERVANTS AT OUR SERVICE!!!
HOME CINEMA DVD ..all dvds in the world
travel the world
buy a few houses
buy a few cars, one for each of my friends
donate it
spend it all and then smooch off my parents
is that too much to ask for???
I THINK I MISSED SOMETHING
OH YEAH
give the poor..
but if these things are impossiblr to be true I'll just invest the money , save for college, and buy cool things!!

PEACE
machine
I'd have a lot of sex... with girls...
cnotation
What a great question!

If i had a million Euro, I would trade them to dollars first just because I am American, So that would give me 1.2 million dollars. I would use the 200K to buy a 500S Mercedes a all my new clothes. I would invest 500K dollars in forex, I wouldnt use a broker.. instead I would just go off the best signals available on the market. With the other 500k I guess a nice house couldnt hurt huh? Why not get a house in Florida, not to extravagent and near the beach. No morgage payment because its paid in full. So then I am.. half a mill invested in commodies, house paid for, nice very nice car and really nice clothes. What else could a guy ask for huh? The girls would come flocking just because of the car but I already have a nice girl. I wouldnt even need a job, I would focus on my investments full time. I would travel to see all the wonderful sites of the world. 4 trips a year sounds about right. Oh how nice it would be to have a million Euro right about now........
michaelyazon
Donate it to charity. In the philippines we have a charity called Gawad Kalinga (to give care) where it builds houses (like Habitat for Humanity) but we also help the residents (old and young) get a good education and values education. we help the parents to be productive and transform slum areas into tourist attractions. if you want to know more see: (http://www.gawadkalinga.org)
sarp
i will use its $500.000 for buy a new triplex villa Very Happy and the other $500.000 for starting a job which can be enough for my rest of the life..
Silentrob
I would take all my friends on a around the world trip maybe even do a kinda rat race thing to make it fun.
mxmbt2
I think I could live a pretty good life on that much in South America. (Interesting fact: Japanese keyboards don't have pound signs). Yeah... live in a villa near the beach.. but it really isn't considered that much money these days is it... What do we say when the expression millionaire becomes defunct. When I was a child a millionaire actually meant something... these days I guess you have to say multi-millionaire.... Funnily enough the expression doesn't exist in many countries....
polarBear
I would use them to quit my day job and pay for some severe training on Java and C#. After that, I would make my own dayjob Very Happy and multiply that money on a daily basis.
musikrocks
with one million dollar i would invest the money to people who have nothing!!
I specially think of people in africa !! there are so many organisatoins and i don`t like to have much money!! i think having so much money must be boring!!
mevone
i would buy a bugatti veyron and live in it and spend the rest of it on petrol and keeping it on da road
mevone
yes
mevone
Arrow yes Arrow
mevone
Arrow yes Arrow
Qwertyip
mevone

Your four posts are just here spamming :/

Anyways, if i had 1,000,000 ... i would buy 1,000,000 lottery tickets and hope for the best lol Smile
rencong
i will save them all and spend them as normal...
Lennon
I would buy myself the largest VanDeGraff Generator and the most powerful magnetic field generator and Take Over the WORLD
Anti-Camper
I'm swim in money!Razz

Wink
blcklude97
by a houseing then give it to charity
blcklude97
i'd also buy new cars for everyone in my family of there choose
eday2010
I would convert the 1,000,000 to Canadian dollars. Then I'd have about $2,000,000. I'd donate a bit to the World Wildlife Fund, buy a house, car, other stuff, invest some in mutual funds, and put the rest away for a rainy day. I wouldn't give any to Africa because that money would just go to the corrupt governments running those impoverished countries. I'd rather keep it for myself and my family. Oh, and I would buy lots of candy. With all my money, I could eat like a pig and get lyposuction every month!
ABurja
The thing I would do (after I've bought my self a new car, paid all my depths and had my self a hell of a night out) is, as many of you have said before, buy property. I would buy a bunch of apartments, the worth doubles in just a few years, and if that wasn’t enough you get to rent them out! The rent from 4-5 apartments is a whole income in its self, for doing nothing. Now thats life
haris3
I'm not sure but it probably costs more than $1.7mill to go see the moon. So let's just scractch that off our list. I would buy a new house, build a temple, buy the most rarest stuff on the planet. But these days a nice house costs more than $1mill, so i guess with the $.7mill buy a $300,000 car, put the rest in the bank till it gets used up. Then i would go look for a job (No not really).

$1.7million isn't enought to satisfy my needs. But getting that much money without any pain would be nice. Very Happy
haris3
I'm not sure but it probably costs more than $1.7mill to go see the moon. So let's just scractch that off our list. I would buy a new house, build a temple, buy the most rarest stuff on the planet. But these days a nice house costs more than $1mill, so i guess with the $.7mill buy a $300,000 car, put the rest in the bank till it gets used up. Then i would go look for a job (No not really).

$1.7million isn't enought to satisfy my needs. But getting that much money without any pain would be nice. Very Happy
haris3

wilma
Buy my dream house. Hire household helpers and workers. Get a new wardrobe, a complete make over and hopefully still have something to invest. lol
bliushift
actually 1.7m doesnt seem like that much. to look at it, the only intricacy is availability of all 1.7m at one time. considering that 1.7m may pass through the hands of a well paid businessman in the course of a year, 1.7m will be best used not in the purchase of expensive items, but the initial payment of large investments with low interest. Assuming there is still a flow of money, you can capitalize on the fact you have all 1.7m at one time.

however, a long term approach is always the best idea, yet socially we must update the fact that 1.7m is bestowed upon you. therefore, the perceptions of someone with 1.7m must be invested to keep a certain class nearly a social requirement with the possession of such a sum. material items satisfying such a requirement must be purchased for the short term, but investments must be established for the long term.
Magicoman
I'd bank it then live off it... never do anything i don't want to again!!! Works forme!!!!
KeiKun
Actually PAY for web hosting
adwya
i will travell around the hole world and spend all mony...then go back to my little sweeeeet life
fckarlsberg
Get a croc farm in sweden. make belts and shoes.
grimcss
i would buy everything liek cars boats a massive mansion or something lol a super computer games lots and lots of games that owuld be so coool i have ever wanted then i would invest it in stocks or osmthing
grimcss
$1,000,000.00? Wow thats alot, I'd probably put it in a bank and retire since I'll have all the money I ever will need to retire, But since $1 Million won't last a lifetime with inflations and so on, I think I'd launch a company to invest that million and hopefully make some profits.

A more crazy and day dreamer style investment would be find a way to go back to the past, buy a million dollar worth of google stocks and make $3 million and repeat the process to go for $9 M, $27 M, $81 M and so on to finally one day buy off all the google stocks and restart the process and store all the money in a swiss bank account and since the returning to the past process would be unlimited I'd be able to buy off all the big companies while buying off all the other companies shares and pratically control half the world. But that would never happen *sigh
cleem
I would buy a nice home, a nice car.. and keep the rest as savings.
splitroom
1,000,000 is a lot of money but it is not unlimited money and something more. I've read some posts and I think many of them was unresponsible and If someday you have a chance to take 1 000 000 you will soon be bankrupted and worse you may be with loan to pay off. I talk for posts with for example "I will buy some cars and a big house and the rest I will waste..." but this is my opinion.
And on the topic. First of all I will give some money to charities and then start not so big bussines to make experience. Then when I get more information and practise I would be ready to invest the rest of the money. After that if I achieve success I'll be free to make things that I want, that don't mean waste my time. Very Happy
gonzo
put up more pro-choise billboards along freeways comprising photographs of slaughtered children
Shake
If I had 1,000,000 first I'd exchange it for United States dollars. Then I'd move to Mexico. I'd buy a real webhost and all the computer upgrades available. I'd have a crack team of programmers to establish a video game with amazing 6 dimensional graphics in which you can do anything. Anything at all. Then I'd bribe some homies to assassinate Bill Gates and free the world from his terrible wrath. Down with Microsoft! Razz

Actually, I could care less. As long as I have Frihost I'm happy.
But about Bill Gates...that's another story. Twisted Evil

Nice triple post haris.
nabilDoghri
moi je cree une equipe de foot
nabilDoghri
j'aimerai aussi cree une societ dans le domaine de l'informatique
AnGeLicK
world peace... food the hungry

villas dotted all over the world, investment or i get more money...
SkullPizza
I'd spend it on double quilted ultra soft toilet paper. If I ever come into money I always spoil my anus.
ggreiner9
first... i would take half of the money and invest it in the stock market,
the rest i would use up immediately.. cuz im greedy like that
=ALiEN-SK=
I reckon i would build a theme park in the land we have behind our house. Its an old quarry... I would just live off the money i get from the theme park and add more attractions later...
mark
Spend 'n' Save, that's what I'll do!
broken2144
I'd like to start a business.

And a non-profit organization that offers low-interest loans to people needing capital to start their own businesses. The organization would also have to offer basic training to help the businesses succeed...

--RF
ursraj
i would like to buy a girl for u for ur entertainment.
milne
i would buy a block of land and whack a huge garage on it which would be tured into a tune shop for cars. Like a japanese import gararge. And build a indoor dirtjumping area for my bike that would be wikked and for the rest of the money id invest and save prety much so i can get more Razz
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
dragonduke
Id withdraw it all, and ask it all to be dumped in my house in the form of $1 bills. Then, id go for a money swim. Then id pay someone to pick it all up, then go to the top of the tallest building in town and throw it all away! MWAHAHAHA!!! wait thats not evil....
Karo
A lot of money that is!!!! (even more down here in the far, far South!)
I don't really know exactly what I would do with so much... But I do know that many worries would simply disapear and I would definitely sleep better at night!!! Wink
n-myster
If i had 1million i'd probably by my self some cool gadgets then save the rest

then when im older i'll have the rest of it to spend on house and stuff for it
r.b.ink
I'd probaby be dead inside a week from extreme over indulgence...if you watch futurerama it'd be something like the episode where bender became human Laughing
JT133
I'd throw a wild partae wit loadsa foood . buda bu bu ba im lovin it (mc donalds theme song) lol
Vanquish
I'd put it all in the bank and get some interest. Give a nice sum to my family and friends, maybe spend the money wisely on luxury things but not splash out too much. Then buy some properties and refurnish them to the maximum adding luxurie items (like jaccuzi's) and stuff. When I get too a decent ammount of money I would just retire and have a nice house and help out my family with their financial problems. I'd probably have my own buisness that I run from home at my side aswell, maybe just to like run it and give the money to charity and help stop world poverty and things. I'd try to make a huge difference to the world making it a much better and safer place, donating to charities and helping out people like helping the people in Africa to get fresh running water and pay for education and houses for them. Make buisnesses all around the world and basicaly after that i'm sure they would make you president. If I became president then i'd provide capital punishment for anyone who went under the law making the world a much safe and less-violent place to live! Racism especialy would go!
spunblue
So that works out to be around 1.7 million USD. Well... I'd take a million and invest in such a way that the interest could support me. I read another post remarking that the $50, 000 is just standard wage. I think that is fine. Life is great with standard wage now... no reason it can't be then. But... I would take the remaining $700, 000 and but a small house, Porsche Cayman, and start a small eatery. This would take place back home (where things are more affordable than here). It would be my goal to make the dinner work, but if it didn't work out... I could live off the interest and enjoy a comfortable life. Pretty much things would be the same... except for the Porsche, paid of house, and dinner.

By the way... I saw quite a few mentions of money going to churches. I can't say I admire that. If charity was the thing to do that day I think I would go to the elementary school and hand out cash to single mothers. My mom could have used it... maybe another mother could too. The church never helped me once... but I owe my life to a single mother.
PatTheGreat42
I would first exchange it for real money. Vive l'USD!
hp-compendium
I would by a lot of land and bulid me a large house on the edge of the sea in Ireland. Then I would pay off my bills for a while and relax.
engeland
i'd get through my education. I'll get whatever i need, prolly a new phone, tons of decks and the rest well...i'll invest it on something. Coz right now, i dont really need that much money. all the stuff i want wont even reach a million.
testoo
I think I would give money to an association...
But not 1,000,000 pounds:"only" 100,000.
Then, I will buy a lot of things. First a mighty house with a nice swimming-pool! I must buy a Ferrari too. And with the money left, I would invest in corporation to earn more and more money! (mouhaha) Evil or Very Mad
I would share the money with my family too, because they're really important for me. More seriously, i really think I would become crazy if I earn so much money! I think I won't be able to give it all to a free company(Wikipedia!!!) but if I don't do so, I will lose my dreams by making them coming through... (I'm french and so I could have made mistakes in this post)
dorebase2006
First, I'll buy some thing for me, such as the car, house, helicopter, and icecreamsss ! Then I'll donate for poor humans ! Is that good ? What do u thing ? Maybe I'll buy some books to read and some comics to laugh ! Hi hi ! Very Happy Very Happy
Dominator101
Welll i would.... 1 buy a huge house
2 buy a huge house for my parents
3 invest in a company like microsoft
4 Buy a Fender strat played by jimi hedrix (i play left-handed)
5 enjoy life Very Happy
Dominator101
PS i will use some of the money to help the Poverty in africa
Matt_GVA
Hi Guys,

First of all, i would buy self a new Car. I hesitate between a Lada or a Mustang. Lada cars, have the style. You long Rushian with it. Then i would buy meself a second car, that i would crash in wall.... I like to do crazy stuff with my money. Secondly, i would hire a private cook. I love Sushis, so it would be an ashian cook. The cook would have to be a Female. So that i could eat the sushi on her body.... Then, i would go to Switzerland, in Verbier. I love skiing, so i would buy self a Chalet and of course a new Pair of Skiis. My favortite brand is Salomon, so i would please myself with a 3'000 CHF budget.
Then i would travel, around the world to south america. Those guys are really incredible. They aren't like most people in Europe. Friendly and Nice.

And then, i would put every thing in a UBS account in Geneva, Switzerland.

Voil my friends, this was Crazy Matzo Dreams,

seeya
tricolor
invest it in the stocks and triple it hopefully
falsealarm
I dont do euros, I do dollars. So if i had 1,000,000 dollars i would probably buy a new house, and lamborgini, a ferrari, a mall, and a whole bunch of other stuff that i would be amused with for like one day and then be bored of for basically the rest of my life....and then realize "shit i just spent 1,000,000 on stuff that i dont find amusing anymore....dayum Sad " yes..thats what i would do with 1,000,000 Smile
leorimolo
get an alien ware, preorder ps3 get a porsche time share, and then us it for charity to protect the worlds nature like the one of cocos island www.fundacionamigosdelaisladelcoco.org

LEo
Rising
If I have so much money,I will put them to the bank and start a new life just following my hobbies. Embarassed
NPMPS5c
I would really get Norton Antivirus, Microsoft Windows Vista, Mcafee antivirus.... And use the rest for a big big house in Hong KOng. I would probably set up a web hosting company.... or something. If it was $2,000,000,000,000,000,000, it would be the same sentence -- get software. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing
amusic
I would probably put it in bank. In one month i will be getting around $3000 to $5000, cool huh? I don't need to worry about finish spending my money. However I just need more time to wait for the money to grow bigger. All I need to do is just be patient. Smile
H2sniper
Yea, i would convert it into dollars.
Then i would like..........Pay off any debts.......
Then go to EBGames and buy the entire freaking store out, XBOX PS2, whatever i felt like.
After that, buy some plasmas........And, a few cars.....and then send some to charities and then with what i have left, put it into a savings account.
gazzar
Get a house straight away
Mrs Lycos
Well I would buy myself an island (if that's enough for that), then I'd start my own country, and be the queen of it.
If I can't afford and island, well I'd buy everything needed to build a spaceship and get my own planet somewhere else.
olafsson
First of all, I would find out how much 1.000.000 pounds are exactly in euros.
Then Id be mighty happy.

Wow. There are so many things I would like to do.

Id buy a flat downtown Munich and downtown Reykjavk. Id buy my girlfriend a jeep, have my fathers and my mothers houses totally fixed inside out.
Id buy my father a good tractor. Make a worldtour with my girlfriend, drive in the USA on a Harley V-Rod, have a motorcycle licence, buy a Ducati Monster 900cc, Harley V-Rod, 1980 Kawasaki Z1000R, Audi A4 Quattro, Landcruiser Defender (also one for my father), whole lotta photography gear, Ford Mustang 2005.
Then Id probably give some to charity and the rest on a bank account and buy some stock.

Im not materialistic at all. Not me.

And I would probably give my brothers, sister, mother in law etc something nice.
hyperviktor
$1,000,000.00?
Wow thats alot, I'd probably put it in a bank and retire since I'll have all the money I ever will need to retire.
But since $1 Million won't last a lifetime with inflations and so on, I think I'd launch a company to invest that million and hopefully make some profits.

A more crazy and day dreamer style investment would be find a way to go back to the past, buy a million dollar worth of google stocks and make $3 million and repeat the process to go for $9 M, $27 M, $81 M and so on to finally one day buy off all the google stocks and restart the process and store all the money in a swiss bank account and since the returning to the past process would be unlimited I'd be able to buy off all the big companies while buying off all the other companies shares and pratically control half the world. But that would never happen .. or maybe...
ahmad
build a new pc !
;lol
Twikki
Spend it on books, cds, dvds and maybe a few ipods
LostOverThere
Buy a new toilet, man, that'd be sweet...
Jerry
start showering everyday...

....With ****** DIAMONDS...hehe
rocky
i would open a chain of classy nightclubs all over its good profit Laughing
Jaap W.
First I will finish my high school, and go to collage. When I done that, I'll think next how I will use my money. Wink
But I like gaming a lot, so i'm surely gonna buy some games with it.
demoliti
I would buy a nice house and a car. Pay my education and get even richer Very Happy
please.be.quiet
i would...buy a cute studio apartment in san francisco...and then a '66 vw red & white bus
dennispater
Live from it. Don't going to bey a lot. I just bey one thing and that is my house.

And whit the rest i will spend out for the rest of my live. But I will not stop working.
hrtorrent
1. build a new house
2. get rid of all second job I have
3. get rid of main job
4. buy a new car (or repair old Citroen C2 - diana)
5. buy house at coast (just for sommer vacations)
6. install freaky brand new demonic strong PC into house network
7. install huge broadband for Internet connection
8. fill basement of my house with bear
9. rest of money invest in safe goverment bounds or something.
10. relax and enjoy...
borrito
i would just buy all my parts for a SUPER COMPUTER, and get parts for my truck then ill save the rest of the money and buy food
shut up
I would build a nice building on my property in Montana and put a metal fab shop in there and buy some contracts for advertising. I would Make money doing that, so its a win-win situation. I would then put my house up by the shop and have a good fleet of trucks. Then hire people and expand and make more money, etc.
sovkipe
travelling... lot of travelling
repnosis
invest well and eventually buy an island,,, how much they go for these days anyway,,, anyone know
Malkin
i think the google stocks sound like a nice idea,count me in Wink
hsadmin
Move to revelstoke, and get a new sled, then invest in a company, and get some sponsers..
kamperkiller
if i had 1,000,000 i would but half in a bank account and let it build interest for the next 40 years. the other half would go to helping my mother with the chemo bill, her car problems, and buy my dad a boat so he can have one of his dreams fulfilled. i would buy land large enough to build a small family complex so that we can stay together. what ever was left would go to charity.

my replies are seldom long.
Freebiedo
Well let's think about this logically. If I had a million pounds, I could buy a million lottery tickets. Surely surely i could make a profit on my investment? Who knows maybe hit the jackpot of say 7 million.

But in reality ha ha, I'd love to buy a Cul-de-sac of houses for myself and my friends who have really struggled with money. I know it's a Cliche but I really would donate to charity. I have a very low income myself an count myself lucky for the things I have so charity would be a top priority.

Next would be the car, holiday, a big trip to Hamleys for my son and if there was any change left over perhaps a box of ciggarettes!
calva
well, I think that firstly I would have to wait for a while to be sure (at least a little bit Smile) that I think in a common-sense way.. it's hard for me to imagine such amount of money. Maybe I would ask somebody more knowledgeable as to money for advice not to make foolish things.. Smile
hanay
I would convert it to american money...
barkman
i'd have to agree with drkns about the interest. let your money make some money for a change. selfish money, always trading for goods/services. what happens then? no more money.
Rifled88
Cars, lots of cars, muahahah! Twisted Evil I would probably start my own car company that makes respectable cars, then be bought out by Ford, then buy a private island and live on it for the rest of my days. Smile
bigdan
I'd pay off my Uni fees...that's $100,000 to my parents...
I'd go on a holiday, get a car, buy something nice for my family and friends...
Give some to charity, save some and invest some.
And get a few DVDs and CDs Wink...

That'd be sweet as! Very Happy
dysturbedstatic
exerpty from a good book
Jersey
under the Swastika!
by Philip Frederick Le Sauteur

The advent of war brings many changes in its wake, especially where the occupation of a country by foreign troops is concerned. In numerous instances, perhaps, psychological reflexes may be partly responsible for them: but others, only too true, are the direct outcome of the complete change in the environment of the territory occupied, as well as the introduction of administrative controls within the occupied zone. Nothing, probably, is more quickly affected than the local currency. Money is almost as sensitive to changing circumstances as the aspen leaf to the most gentle of air currents.

So that, within a brief period, Jersey felt the impact of currency control. An exchange rate of nine Reichmarks to the Pound sterling was quickly fixed, and after a day or two of the irritating process of settling down, general conditions appeared to reach something approaching the normal. Shopping centres were simply thronged by the hundreds of the occupying troops, who bought rather freely perhaps too freely from the well-stocked shops. Everything seemed to indicate a thriving trade. Perhaps the more soberly-minded observer would say that it was panic buying.

An act of real foresight which must be recorded was that of the Banks in shipping over to England all securities at the first sign of impending trouble. As there were no Death Duties in Jersey, all securities held were of the "Bearer" type, and negotiable. These would have been extremely useful to the Germans in their hunt for foreign currency.

Following early after the original fixing of the exchange rate between Pounds and Marks, an order was issued on July 8th, 1940, under which the rate was drastically reduced to eight Marks to the Pound. This naturally had a very disturbing influence upon private rescues in money, coming so soon after the initial rate-fixing.

Jersey's famous Sixpenny Income Tax, it was obvious, disappeared for a long time to come. Almost all of the Islands' revenue, chiefly derived from Wharfage Dues on imports and from Income Tax on the English tax-dodging wealthy people and companies, had completely gone, whilst the expenditure side of the Budget included the heavy burden of unemployment as well as the entire cost of the occupying forces. In addition, the Island was being flooded with the special Occupation Marks, which had no pretence to intrinsic value, having been issued as "Victory" money to the troops so that each might get his fair share of loot from the big stocks held by the shops this money, if we can call it such, being specially printed, was of value only in the occupied territories.

During early September, 1940, the rate of exchange was altered, this time to 9.60 Marks to the Pound, making the value of the Mark 2/1. This alteration, it would appear, had nothing to do with the relative value of the two currencies, but so as to give an exact exchange between the pfennig and the English copper coinage.

Income Tax demands at 4/- in the Pound were followed by the reassuring news that, for 1941, earned incomes would be subject to 50% surtax on this, and that two years' tax would have to be paid for one year!

Is was made possible about this time to use the Occupation Marks, which the German troops spent in the Island, for the purchase of necessaries in France.

Towards the end of the year, trading conditions became increasingly difficult, owing to the fact that the silver currency was rapidly disappearing from circulation.

Money value rarely remains stationery during war conditions it is anything but stationery, and during the first eight months of the occupation its value altered considerably. Barter, as a matter of fact, became one of the principal methods of transacting business, and it took a lot of money to tempt people into parting with the articles no longer available in the shops. Security is the handmaid of inflation. For example second-hand cycles were fetching anything up to 30, and in auction sales pullets were worth about 35/-, with breeding rabbits at about the same price level. The main reason, maybe, was that many men had been tempted by high wages to work for the Germans on their airport extensions, as well as other important jobs in so doing, they found themselves with plenty of money and relatively nothing on which to spend it no beer, not many cigarettes and, in many instances, paying reduced rentals for their houses. Taking advantage of the position, many second-hand shops were opened, and many of the shops whose stocks had run low joined in handling second-hand goods, too, in the process getting good priced for the many things no longer available in the new state clothing, footwear, crockery, vacuum flasks, and the hundred-and-one other articles which modern civilisation had in the course of time made more or less indispensable.

A matter of 3,000 troops were in the Island at this time, all clamouring to change their dud money into goods of some intrinsic value. After they had just about emptied the shops of footwear except for the odd sizes and the fancy priced, orders were issued that the troops were not to be allowed to purchase them without special permits.

Before the middle of 1941, Jersey 2/- notes were brought into circulation, in order to alleviate the acute shortage of coin change, but only after an equivalent amount of English currency had been withdrawn by orders of the Germans this to avoid inflation! Presumably the flood of Reich Credit Marks circulating did not, in the German point of view, constitute inflation!

By early October, almost all the silver and most of the British paper money were no longer in circulation, so that Marks had to be used much more extensively. The probable explanation of this were the hoarding on the part of the local people, who quite naturally preferred not to hold German currency, and that taken away by members of the German forces even if each had only taken a coin or two away as souvenirs, the total number of troops which passed through the Island was so great that the amount of currency would have been really considerable. But the Marks with which the troops were paid were of no value in Germany, and it was therefore useless to save or send them home. They preferred to hold English money, preferably silver, realizing that, even if England should lose the war and the Pound depreciate greatly, it would always be worth something, whereas the so-called Occupation Marks had no pretence to value they were only vouchers for plunder. Another outlet for English currency was the black market traffic in France, where the Pound sterling was worth 250 francs against the official rate of 192.

During 1942, in order to overcome the change problem, local notes were issued, these being of the following denominations 20/-. 10/-. 2/-. 1/- and 6d., an equivalent value of English currency being withdrawn to meet the position. The notes were of attractive designs, each with a reproduction of Mr. Blampied's humorous sketches on the reverse. These did not achieve their prime purpose, as most of them were hoarded as soon as issued.

For no apparent reason excepting to confound trade, the rate of exchange was against altered, this time from 9.60 down to 9.36 to the Pound. The previous exchange worked well, making a Mark 2/1 and a Pfennig d., but the new rate fitted in with nothing, and it was assumed to be an attempt (entirely unsuccessful!) to persuade the Banks and business generally to keep their accounts, and to run their businesses, in Marks instead of sterling.

Currency difficulties continued through into 1943, and in the middle of that year, the Germans made a search of all Bank Safe Deposits, and sealed off all such items in the Bank strong-rooms. The ostensible reason for this was the freezing of bullion, raw diamonds, etc., which might be used on the ubiquitous black market. The contents of the safe deposits, however, were mostly stuff placed there for safety since the occupation, and there was comparatively little to interest the Germans.

During the early days of the following March (1944), a full-page list of orders was included in the press news, and as far as could be gathered from the mass of wordage, these related merely to the transfer of currency between the various occupied territories. The only point of local interest was the grouping of Jersey and Guernsey, whilst Alderney was regarded as a part of France!

In May, the Germans confiscated the gold, valuables and securities belonging to the French nationals which had been lodged in Bank Safe Deposits, and new restrictions on building were introduced. The new order required permits, which the States were authorized to issue, for all building and repair jobs between 10 and 50 Marks in value necessitating a permit from College House, while all painting work was banned.
Sir Vossy
If i had 1million i would give some to charity, then buy a xbox 360, then a gaming pc, web hosting, put some in a bank account and proberly spend the rest on me, o and give some to my family:D
sidewinder
I will save it in bank... Laughing then do some masti with the interest i hav
caroline
Is one million pounds the equivalent of about 2 million US dollars?
Because in that case I’d save it until college, just in case I happen to get into an extremely expensive and prestigious college!
Actually I’d use part of the money to buy a house before house prices jump up in my neighborhood
I’d probably put a lot of the money in a CD with (hopefully) a ridiculously high interest rate, so I could get thousands of dollars of more money.

But then again, this is only if I ever happen to find two million-dollar bills lying on the street! (jk)
windrei
i will spend about one third to buy a house. And the other third as savings in bank. The other third, maybe go to a long vacation first and then create some business.
redeye321
hehe firt i pay al my deps and then i would buy a big hous 20 acres of land and if there is anything left i put it on the bank
Lennon
I think we should do some statistics on what people have decided to spend it on.

about 1/2 want to do business,
about 1/2 want to buy cool stuff
about 1/10 to 1/20 want to donate some
About 1/2 want to invest it.
About 1/3 want to buy a house
about 1/5 to 1/10 want to pay college fees.

rough estimate by speculation.
Technaut
if i had a million pounds, i would put on some gloves, open the bag, and start looking for the paper-thin GPS they put in bags with large amounts of money. afterwards, i would crunch it, and get as far away as possible. i would probably have about 30 minutes at most to do this before SWAT busted down my door. at least, thats how it happens in the US. maybe i would immediatly drive it to a GSP jamming station, like on CSI Miami... but they are usally only about a mile or so wide, so it wouldn't take long for them to find me.
maddog
if i got so mutch money, i buyu a pc with everything on it....many games and programs, the best hardware....the best moniter and good mousepaths and sound boxes Wink Wink
madamex-7
10% to my church
10% to my parents
10% saved for the kids
10% saved for me
buy the laptop, the condo i currently rent, and pay for law school and grad school.
and im finally gonna buy a car...Aston Martin Vanqish S w/ Black DVS 26" Wheels..Smile
killa_berckie
I would host a site or something :p
ghanchi2000
first ige an car bmw then buy a house then start a tv show where i get lots of money then i start my own tv channel then millionair haha i m millionair then i purchase a white house hahahaha
NuniPio
i would spend wisely for the rest of my life
moejoe
I'd buy a new car.
I top notch computer with ultra fast internet connection.
All those other little things that we love to showoff about, like newest mobile phone and all that.

Then i'd give about $10,000 to charaity. and then some to my family!
Wink
Solugon
If I had a million pounds, I'd be HUGELY obese and very dead.

Of course, that makes going to mcDonalds in Europe a good thing... you gain pounds! Very Happy
kam311
Nothing. Absolutely nothing - according to Office Space, anyway. It's not enough to completely quit your job and live off of for years to come, but you could make some conservative investments and potentially earn an income that way. I found a chart - wish i had it online - that showed how to earn a million dollars (sorry, i know we're speaking pounds here) with investing no more than 2000 a year before you retire. Something like a 10% return over whatever period of time. It was actually very interesting. Until then, I can't imagine frittering it away.
Sizzle
First, keep your job (or pursuing your dream job if you don't already have it) because 1 million sterling is nothing. Once you get a taste of decent money like this, it will not last for long.

Secondly, to suppliment your income- learn how to do something where your money makes your money. This is how the rich become richer- they let their money make money for them. You could make a lot or loose a lot trading foreign exchange for example. If you aren't too sure how to invest, go for real estate- as long as you do your due diligence (get house inspector, get house appraisal) you cannot go wrong.

Third, if you are renting, move into a home... spend less than $250,000.00 for your home and pay for the whole thing cash- do not finance it. 30 years from now that home will be worth a million easy. If you remain renting, how much will your apartment be to you? NOTHING in monetary funds. How much will it be to your landlord? Worth 2 to 3 times as much as he paid for it 30 years ago.

Fourth, if you are not sure about money or you are a fool about money (and you KNOW who you are), then put it ALL in a FDIC insured trust fund that pays you the interest.

Fifth, College, University, Grad School- get yourself, your children, grand, great, etc. a degree- there's nothing like making sure that if the money ran out that you could always make more in a career.

ACTUALLY- this forum was really asking what would YOU (me) do with the money. The answer is that I know so many ways to make money that I probably need to write a book. And bam, sell the book and make even more money - the cycle never stops!! I'm on my way to becoming a billionaire!!
superwrestler06
First I would also convert it to US currency. Then I would by My parent a huge house and one for me also. I would get a top of the line alianware alx computer. Get a really nice car. Buy about 25 acres of Platte river ground. And get some nice 4-wheelers like a Honda 450ex to go on the river yet and an airboat. Then what ever is left I would put it in the bank and get interest.
{name here}
I'd convert it also, then put most of it into a Polish Bank, where I would then move, buy a home, setup an internet business, an live my life.
minb2215
If I had 1 million , it's easy. I'll do web developpement, buy AdobeCS2 and macromedia MX

Maybe it's too much about computers isn't it Question

Brick wall
enervate
I'd buy myself a shortwave broadcasting studio, pay off the government, and merrily spend my days broadcasting propaganda to the seven or eight people that still listen to shortwave in Australia.

At least I'm being honest!
Xeniczone
I would buy a dodge viper and a 60in tv and just leave the rest to charity.
Manix
I would probably buy a company, invest in the stockmarket, buy money, sell money at twice the price, and generally... make money. There!
CooL2ZeRo
There are quite some money there and you can do many things with them, at least here in Romania you can do even more. So I think ... if I had them, I will try to get my driving licence a little faster, after that buy a nice car. After that I think I would do some house improvements. Give some to a church. Take a little holiday with my girlfriend and try to make her happy. Rest of them into a bank. Smile
Empire
FALSE!!! is 1 a pound? if so 1 = $3.00 in american money. so 1,000,000 would be $3,000,000

lol

I've been 2 London I kno Wink
our-trip-to-cotlands
Lambo>Ferrari> Latest BMW bike. Form a political Party. Macromedia Dreamweaver
navadey
i guess a small flat in london
and a summer house somewhere - don't know - spain? france? america? brazil? argentina? carribeans? greece?

i know what - i'll travel the world with my girl for a year - all these place or others.
then i'll decide where i would like to have a summer house.
then i'll go back there and buy it.

now, will i have something left?
proibably i'll invest it in a pretty secure investment in the bank. something that will give me about 5% interest.
and perhaps a little bit i'll invest in more risky things like stocks - china, japan, russia. looks string for 2006.

then i would smile.
but now i'm not, because i don't have a million pounds.

nor will i have anytime soon.
(was i implying that i would have them later than soon? maybe i should imply that).

Embarassed
Rhubarb
I agree with you.If you have that kind of money, you can afford to buy something fast and exotic. For me it would most likely be either a 1992 Dauer Porche 962 Le Mans or a 1980's Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer.
Both very fast and scary.
storken
if i had that much money i would have bougth pay-web-hosting.

and then i would have gone to party for the rest of my life!
tdb18
I would invest in something and would wait untill 1,000,000 turn... ahn... I don't know, something around 10,000,000 because I don't know me with lots of money, I guess I could spend 1,000,000 in one day Laughing So I'd rather wait a bit than finish with nothing!

sorry about my bad english, I'm just an student, I'll do my best so you can all at least understand me a little Laughing
shadedflame
I would buy a domain name, an X-box 360 more web space Cool
schu1162
To be honest the first thing I would do would be to exchange it for dollars then I would spend it before my girlfriend got a hold of it.
muzz
Mine are very simple here. I'm only thinking of a few just from the top of my head at the moment:

1) Buy an ionvestment property ion a place that is about to skyrocket.
2) Buy a few more luxuries - eg. cars, clothes, etc... materialistic things...(how greedy)
3) donate some to charites that would help people i know
4) help family/friend out in need of money
5) save the rest for the other generations of my family to come.

... The you have it... not quite in order though but at least if i buy things like shares and investment properties at least there still could be a cashflow and i wouldnt have to work as much (i may not even need to work! *sighs*). i wouldnt be toatally greedy though, i would help out my friends in need as they would do the same if i were in need and they had the money and i would help family adn freinds out who have a disease as they cannot help that they have it and they were purely born with it or it happened through an acident later in life.... oh welll *i like to dream alot*....goodbye for now!
horcri
If I had 1m I would probably go mad buying anything I want. Then realise I have no money left. Embarassed
godam64
if i have that much of money i will invest half of them to save investment without any risk with good interest. then the other haf i'll use it to run real business and also try my luck on risky investment to get more money. but this is just imagination. Laughing
Vrythramax
Buy a cabin in the mountains (with a T-1 feed of course) and just enjoy nature....when I'm not on the computer that is Wink
SSPIMP
I would spend about 250,000 on some cars and spend the rest on my family. For the family i would get them food, clothes, and much much more.
sasuke_u
i would buy a domain name and web hosting
or even the entire web Laughing Laughing
architeq
With 1,000,000 I'd spend as much as it would to take, to completely turn my living environment into the 1980's...That'd be the life! '80's cars, furiture, synthesizers, music, clothes and haircuts!

Life would spectacular again!

We can alll dream.

Samuel
(+[__]+)
I would donate 100,000 to a cancer charity. I would buy a car and car stuff with 400,000. I would invest 200,000 and I would spend the remaining 300,000 on playstation 2 games and playstation portable games.
tdb18
sasuke_u wrote:
i would buy a domain name and web hosting

That's a REALLY GOOD idea!! Laughing Laughing
Shovelhead
Stop working ofcourse. I'd rebuild my house into a giant garage and atsrt wrenching up old bikes just for fun. I love grease, oil and gasoline.
x-stream
Well, I think, I would buy a Cray2 Computer, because I need no better computers in all my life then!
Nathyra
Well money would go something like this:
1. 10% to hospital but not money, i would buy a machine they need to use
2. 10% mom
3. 10% dad
4. 10% brother
5. 10% for my new computer and car
6. 50% invest; so i would never have to work for someone else but me
surbz00r
I would certainly buy myself a new gutiar and an amplifier. And of course I would buy a car.
ibay
I wont be able to buy my dream house in 1 million pounds. Anyway I would buy a small house and lots of cars... ferraris, jaguars, porsches, BWM's , and most importantly Rolls Royce Phantom! yeah thats my dream car.
No investments! I would just spend the money wherever I can and lastly,
I would spare a few pounds for the Frihost Team so that they approve my free hosting account!
Nisk
I Would Invest it in property then when i have 2,000,000 i would invet again na dso on until i got 12,000,000. Then build a house for 1,000,000 and live off interest on 10,000,000. I would give 1,000,000 to someone to do the same as me so they can live just as happy life! Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Cool
greenjm90
There are people that need it more than i do.
jcool3
Wow, you would never believe the amount of horror stories I have heard from people obtaining large amounts of cash and then ending up worse off then they were before there newfound wealth. Whatever I did, I would be really careful. Most likely I would set my dad up, and invest the rest.
elpriceisright
hmm.. I'd use the money to begin funding a small band of guerilla warriors. We'd start somewhere in Indonesia, or perhaps the Phillipines and begin to conquer one island at a time, gaining new recruits each step of the way. With machetes and rifles, I'd island hop until I'd conquered a good few hundred islands. From there I'd establish myself as a country, spend a few years reaping all the profits from whatever might be sellable on any given island. Then I'd prepare a small guerilla militia and begin to descend more aggressively on small third world countries that no one cares about. Basically, I'd use that money to begin my personal conquest of the world.

But first I'd use the money to spend on college so I can study a few languages, and history such that I have a better understanding of military tactics and good leadership.
deathstilllies
If i had $1000,000 i would buy my band the best of every thing that you can get. and then i would go on a massive holiday aswell as buy a house on some heaps nice island!
baldheadedgames
I would spend 500,000 on a house and a car, and invest half of that on the dog clothing companies, (it's gonna be big). And I would make Chuck Norris cry. The other half I would use to help sick children and help them extend their lives and make them live as normal as possible. Exclamation
raxo
First, I'd learn about investing and make money earn money.

Then I'd get myself through school and buy an american car Razz
gerrit111
I would go to russia, buy a HELL of a PC with the best technology, buy some games i really like, buy SDSL (very fast internet!!!!) and would game all day!
schizolo
When i have that cash i will get it to bank and live from precents Wink
Rieteke
I think this topic is pretty interesting.
There are many people with different thaughts.
The chance I win that much money is really low but if I would win it ...
I think I would begin with buying a nice car, buy a better house for my parents, help family and friends who have money problems, and some more materialistic stuff.
I would invest in some buildings, appartments or pieces of land to rent. It seems you gain much with this.
The rest will go on bank accounts.
I would also use a bit to make a wonderfull day or week for my girl.

Thats my opinion, it's only one of many
jgpeter
Pay my house off and invest.
PhoenixFanTrailers
How about sit on my butt and drink beer all day....yea that sounds good for awhile then maybe after I get tired of that I will start my own LAN shop...that would be fun!
idrather_not
I would buy my very own island.
Then, I would ally with a neighboring country who has a weak government and later decieve and dominate.

No.
I'm just kidding.
Partially.

Maybe I'd give some money to my parents so that I wouldn't be required to attend to them in their old age.
opulentdesign
two chicks at one time man...
Tanjiro
Well, first off I would put it all in the bank, so that I could earn interest on it. Then I would probably get my dream house built for me, and buy all the best stuff for the house.

Then probably just go on some kind of wild spending spree.
ZaiLH
i would buy high grades from all teachers, then buy up the school and blast it with a giant spacelaser that i also would have bought
Jack_Hammer
opulentdesign wrote:
two chicks at one time man...

lmao!, a three sum, trust me from experiance you don't need money to do that.
Wink
Animal
Jack_Hammer wrote:
...trust me from experiance...

Sure.

Unless you mean an experience like an imaginative google search??? Wink

Anyway, back to the original question: What would I do with 1,000,000?

I think I'd invest it and pay myself a salary off the monthly interest. That way, you could still work at a job you like with little pressure and earn enough to live extremely comfortably. Like a couple of other people posting in this thread, I doubt I would splash out on something extravagant since the money could actually set you up for life.

I don't think I'd like to be given much more than 1,000,000 (although I wouldn't complain if you're offering Wink ) because money changes people. No matter what you say, it does. An amount of money like 1M wouldn't change you too much if you were careful about it and didn't splash out ridiculously.

But I suppose... an Aston Martin Vanquish would be nice...
darth_revan
i'd spend em all!
Nutorious
<i>I think I'd invest it and pay myself a salary off the monthly interest. That way, you could still work at a job you like with little pressure and earn enough to live extremely comfortably. Like a couple of other people posting in this thread, I doubt I would splash out on something extravagant since the money could actually set you up for life. </I>

I think i would probably do something like this actually
paddyb93
I would invest around half of it in property development!
Then I would send the other half on a house!!
There's so much you could do with that much money!
guardians
back in school, our economics teacher had us doing a project to spend a mil, (us dolloars of course =P) after i bought the cars, the houses, and every toy i dream of i had still over half left! tho i suppose after actual financial education from the real world, there's probably not alot of room for toys, more of investments for retirement =P i'd prolly pay my debts, get good credit, then get a job to spend all the extra time i'll be having ...
lol
justjoey
Well as im quite, comfortable with the money i have atm. I would put that extra million on a nice little gem of a company, okay, maybe not all of it, probs buy a modest car Razz and erm.... slap about 200 grand into the bank. Then I would stick the other 750 grand on a restaurant in busy London and set some sky high prices:)

Alternatively I could go back to college or uni and work the hell out there, and then study up so i am able to solve one of them crazy equations they put on billboards to find a google plex job... I want one of them.

I don't think I'd Like the idea of studying again though.
How many of you actaulyl think that 50 grand a year is average wage? It's way below that!!! its like 30. above that and you're into pretty high posts. I want one of them jobs.. And i want my own place so I don't have to pay rent. and a much nicer car than I have now, which is a Toyota Yaris. Nice car, but I would really like to drive one of the new Honda Civics, I'd buy a bundle of them if I had a million.

OO OO another idea. I could buy stuff from Hong Kong in bulk and sell them on Ebay, make more profit from my own home, or I could just buy a shop..but Ebay is easier i think... yeaaaaaa
dexterius
It's too much for me. But i will buy my own server, so i could make some interesting web pages Cool Because it's really hard to fing good web hosting these days Razz But i really hope i will be able to have my pages here in FriHost ...
poland21489
The first thing I'd do is go out and buy something better than the POS, samshed up, jerry-rigged early 90s civic I'm driving around in. Seriosuly, the thing smells like fire and burning rubber when it runs.

Then I'd probably set up a wicked sweet LAN somewhere and just have all my friends come a play

Man.... so much cash...[/b]
Ashis Kumar
I would give it to U!

But since U wont take it from me...I would like to start a business! Razz
Mridul.Trehan
I will first get them converted into Rs. (Indian currency) and then I will buy a gift for the person who give me all this money. REST IS A BIG SECRET!
broadparker
heh,heh... nice subject Laughing

I 'd have bought a cabin cruiser, lots of booz and filt it with sluts. Then party all night long for a very long time Cool
unexplained
i wud put them in bank and live on interest amount
broadparker
hmm... else I would give it to the poors Smile I have seen some African people at the news resenly who looks very hungry Rolling Eyes

After all it's a hard choice Wink
Fenix
I think I would buy a series of large scale restaurants and keep investing 'til our economy crashed resulting in mass suicide.
Prudens
I will donate 10percent to charity.

give 90 percent of the rest to my mother

the rest for myself and my younger brother.
Fenix
Prudens wrote:

There isn't a rest. You can't have more than 100 %
Garyn
hmm i would buy a car with 100k than buy a new gaming computer and a server. muahaha than buy a host + domain name for my site!! and maybe donate some to charity

oh yea cant forget about my new longboard! + bodyboard
Mgccl
Buy a webserver and get my own website
Also make LF2 a better game by get the copy right of the game
RRRR
Well, if I could get that much of Pounds, I would buy a good BMW car and go out for a world tour. What can I say . . .
tabina
I thinks i will chose retire quickly same with below comment

Platform
Buy new furniture
Build a house with a big big garage
Buy a McMercedes SLR

Save the rest
avbertuzzi
With a million pounds, approximately 1 755 000 USD, I would have to invest 755 000 in stocks, and the spend the remaining on real estate. With the money invested in each avenue respectively, I would not have to worry about theft prevention or safeguarding my wealth and I would live in one house, whilst the other 500 000 would buy me a couple of nice townhouses in an up-and-coming neighbourhood. I would rent both townhouses and the profit would allow me to purchase a couple of nice cars in approximately 24 months. Assuming I recieve $300 pw rent on each property.

Yes it is a lot of money to be spending, but it would be worth it, in my opinion, considering the wealth of opportunity available to everybody in today's generation. A million pounds does not get you as far as you might like in this world anymore.
ternoah
One million isn't that much. Well it's much but if you want to buy a McLaren F1 you haven't got anything left. So what would I do make some more money with is so i can buy a lot more. Probably give something to charities too.
meaniegeanies
I would certainly buy a big house to use as a sound studio as well. A new motorcycle (probably a Yamaha V-Max 1200). The rest, I would deposite it in a bank and live on the interests! Laughing Laughing Laughing
j.c.vleugel
buy a house and an old car and i will see it from there
igmail
If I have $1000000,ofcouse I would use it for community service.
Yes, how much a man require to keep his skin & soul together? Laughing
j.c.vleugel
or take a long vacation
kimrei
The choices Twisted Evil

Option 1: I would buy me a big chunk of land near a quarry, a crane and some construction equiptment and build myself a pyramid.
(for motivation imagine the publicity + fun pickup lines)

Option 2: Build a life size animatronic T-rex, stick a license plate on it's tail and drive it to work every day. (once again for motivation imagine the publicity + fun pickup lines)

Option 3: Convert it into 10 (select currency) notes and either
A: drop it from a helicopter over a heavily populated area
B: build a money house
C: Use it as toiletpaper
D: Clothing Shocked

Option 4: Buy a lot of tea & sugar (I drink black tea) and dump it in a hot spring.

Option 5: Invest it and live off the interest (yeah right).
Jack_Hammer
Animal wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:
...trust me from experiance...

Sure.

Unless you mean an experience like an imaginative google search??? Wink

You know a couple of years ago you would be true, when I was a geek with glasses and a brace, now I have the brace off nice white teeth joined the army, (The Army uniform really is a chick magnet) and now wear contacts, and I think I'm ugly, though I have been told a lot (Recently) that I'm hot, apparently...

So lifes screwed up, I had a hated childhood and I was a ungly son of a bitch, and now I'm getting a lovely reward...
Wink
nopaniers
Fenix wrote:
Prudens wrote:

Yes there is. Fenix is not only very generous, but also correct. By my calculation it works like this:

That is $100,000 to charity, leaving $900,000 over.
90% of $900,000 is $810,000 (to their mother), leaving $90,000 over.
And the remaining money ($90,000) is shared between them.

Makes sense to me.
Jack_Hammer
nopaniers wrote:
Fenix wrote:
Prudens wrote:

Yes there is. Fenix is not only very generous, but also correct. By my calculation it works like this:

Makes sense to me.

Yes that is the way I understod it as well, I think you misread, lol.
zoharnatan
Well first nothing will go to charity! i dont need other people to decide who should have my money. I will build a culure center for every artist in the world to come and do whatever form of art he wants with all the facilities and help.

and It will also b a school for children to learn art and have a chance for a really good teacher. who is I. but that doesnt cost any money.
slawek
I would buy a new computer(s) Very Happy and much more gamez to play them
I also would buy a computer for my brother ,too (Pentium 133 MHz Cool ).He would be happy until he will see what's inside - (Intel Inside ! Twisted Evil ) And of course i would buy a big house with sea view and swimming pool . And that's all .Maybe i would make own business - for example selling computers - but not pentium 133 MHz Rolling Eyes
chockybiky
I'd buy beer and waste the rest. No doubt about it.
DRTL4XTYN
Hmm. 1 million? Well first off I would get myself a Dell Inspiron XPS with max specs (I like laptops Razz) Next a '73 Pontiac GTO and then, I would give 50 percent of what is left to my family. Keep the rest for myself and then live a nice life.
sebascorre
I would like to change my actual rented apartment (1 room).
I would go to eat to good restaurants more often
MasaSuman
I buy one car.
I take one Office Building for Rent.
I start one software Company.
I will Buy Shares of Big & Raising Companies.
I will fund for Social Services like Helping Orphans & Old Persons,Blind persons.
I will sponser for Poor Students.
othello
buy stuff and keep pay for some fees
citweb
i think i would buy a motorbike and go to a world tour...(or a proffessional bicycle) Laughing
RoNiN
I would give $100 pounds to a good charity, put $500 pounds in the bank, and use the rest on clothes, house, land, GAMES, and other stuff. That would be tight Very Happy
raikura
First things first, Convert it into canadian dollars, the euro doesnt seem useful here = ) Afterwards, i would definitely consider hiring some people to create a world of warcraft style game. Though im not exactly sure how much it would cost.
Pyro Man
I would buy my dream cars, invest in a special effects company, and buy property, and a small plane like a Cessna 152, Piper cub. I would like to say get my own Jet plane, but a million wouldnt even buy an old tired one.
Drodr
I would buy, great cars and a lot of fireworks, a laptop or computer and a lot of other things Rolling Eyes
lavigne165
First of all I'll donate 10% of the ammount for charity , 50% to my parents , 10% to my younger brother and the last 30% to myself
with that 30% I'm gonna buy a new house , make a small entreprise for free and paid webhosting and free domain names Very Happy
midimine
Well it is still not enough. Would convert to euro's. Buy for 500.000 euro lotery tickets. Give 100.000 euro's to good advisors for investment. After that I wpuld buy a good insurance for 100.000 euro's. I would buy for 100.000 euro's charity. Pay for the house 400.000 euro's. Give the rest 200.000 euro's to all the family. And go back to work!
Embarassed
dips0502
hey if i had that kind of money, i would buy a bigger houseand put the rest of the money in some investmnets..maybe mutual fund or something..maybe spend a bit of it on things i had always wanted to have - xbox, a home theatre system , a comp - witn a very costly config - dats all
Kees
I think i'll buy a lot of houses so I can sell them later on for much more money Very Happy .

In this way I can maybe double the money!

If I have 2 million I buy a huge house with a pool etc.
Jeslyn
I would attempt to buy a third world country and rename it.
lavigne165
with 1.000.000???
I'm not very sure of what you are saying , this ammount of money doesn't even get you a 4 km farm!!
ashwin88
if i had any money irrespective of the amount...i would use 90% of it on myself and my family.i would spend the remaining 10% on charity of some kind.i am not trying to put up a good image by saying so. Its just how i believe i should act.if i had 1.000.000 i would convert them into indian currency since i am an indian and then i will buy a big house not a villa but a good house.i would buy a car a ferrari .i would be lavish there.
i would love to buy a nice cellphone ,a ps3 and an x-box360.i would buy lots of versace suits.(thoughi've never worn them ever)and if any money is left of the 900000bucks i would invest it like in stocks or something. i don't really care about going on world tours,or to the space i am a down to earth man.
but with money i reap out of my invest ments i would surely do that too Very Happy
Raffles
I like the thought of a motorcycle tour, such as Long Way Round.

I would prob do something similar, but in a truck, Toyota Landcruser or LR Defender.

I would also buy each family member a car;

Dad: Weissmann Roadster (SP?) and a Mogan 4+4
Mum: LR Defender special edition
Wee Sis: Dodge Charger
Bro: Maybe a Dodge Charger too.

Me: Lambo Muci, and a BMW M6

I would spend the rest on drink, women and a garage with house attached.
Jyoko
I would........

Invest like half of it, for later Very Happy

With the rest...

FREAKIN' CLEAN OUT EVERY SINGLE COFFEE SHOP IN THE WORLD ! ! ![/b]
heady233
I've already replied to this topic but here's what my little bother says: "I would buy a really, really big mansion and a lot of toys."
jesterscourt
I live in USA, so I guess that's roughly 2.2 million, right?

I'd put 1.2 mil into a no-load mutual fund from a company I trusted.
The other million? I'd finally start to build my dream studio for music. Vintage stuff and a ProTools setup. Leslie Organ? You betcha!
activate
I would give some to charity, to get me famous Very Happy then i'll buy a house and I dunno.. start acting?
eku53ru
Ooh, Euros. I love how they're worth more than the American dollar. Very Happy

I'd probably end up giving a chunk of that (don't really know how much at the moment) to my school, and scare my math teacher who's been joking about a retirement fund even though he's not an old geezer. I'd spend some on remodeling my current home, or even rebuilding it; it needs the space.

And like many others in this thread, I would probably also end up handing off quite a bit to charity. Which charities would be lucky is undetermined at the moment, since I don't have the money to begin with.
arukomp
If i had $10,000,000 i would do these things:
1. First of all, i would create a company, which creates games and programs for everyday use.
2. Second, i would invest 10% buying houses, renting them and other investment things...
3. And the third one, if there would be some money left, i would buy everything i need i my life: DVD player, better computer, big TV and everything else to live like a king Smile also i would go on vacation, but not for a long, because i have a company to lead
anurag
As I said It a Very Good Question!!Very Happy
And the Answer is .
50% I will spend on all the Luxary Items like Buying a Laptop,Mobile , Cars , Bikes and so on...

25% Invest in some real Estate or Bank ...
Left with 25%
I will donate 10% to some Child Welfare !
Remaining 15% I will open a Company for myself!

Thanks
Anurag Bhatia
junodark
Thats a lot of money to have as spare cash...

That's roughly 1,750,000 US Dollars. Ok, lets get spending:

1. A million to buy a nice house in Northern California.

2. The rest to convert most of it into an acoustic enhanced auditorium, featuring completey customizable ambient lighting (Color, intensity, etc;), recording equipment, a 20,000 pipe organ in the center, an assortment of guitars (Ranging from Les Pauls to Carvins to Ramirez guitars), a drum set with at least 15 pieces, and at least one high quality example from the rest of the instrument groups, in case I decide to learn something new.

3. If anything is left over, it gets invested. Possibly ETFs.
thiamshui
Convert them into 1 dollars and throw it around my country from a hot-air balloon.. Laughing
RiciBoy
wow :p if i has so much mony Wink I'm gonna buy a real beatifel house ! Wink
stinky321
25% i would put into stocks Cool 75% for personel use. When my stocks increase then i would add 50% from my personel use to stocks. Make a lot of money and start a company. AND, in the end i would murder Bill Gates and take his company over:D Life is good with money Very Happy
rightclickscott
I'd buy 500,000 bags of hot fries, and 1,000,000 cups of ramen. Or I could pay off my rent, but that would be boring and not fattening.
rightclickscott
stinky321 wrote:
25% i would put into stocks Cool 75% for personel use. When my stocks increase then i would add 50% from my personel use to stocks. Make a lot of money and start a company. AND, in the end i would murder Bill Gates and take his company over:D Life is good with money Very Happy

Dude, Bill Gates is so rich that you're probably already dead.

Bleh, double post.
fulaninhu
omggggg if i had 1.000.000 i will buy a Hummer H2 LMAO! Very Happy
fulaninhu
nopaniers wrote:
Fenix wrote:
Prudens wrote:

Makes sense to me.

yeah.. thats what i did understood but.. i wont do that never LMAO i will keep at least 400.000 with me Very Happy
cafefort
Yay! Smile

That reminds me that song by barren i think:

Quote:
If I have a million dollar, I would buy a house.
Do I have a million dollar? No.
So I don't have a house.

If I have wings, then I can fly.
Do I have wings? No.
So I can't fly.

Even if all the water of the Pacific can be poured out, it still couldn't put out the fire that symbolizes my love for you.
Can all the water of the Pacific be poured out? No.
So I don't love you.

Serously, I'll give say 50% to charity. Invest say 30%, with the 20% I'll buy a house, a modest car, some big and powerful computer... after all, a geek doesn't need so mush stuff Smile
vinix
i would buy some houses at london, and then rent them all. with the money earned with the lettings, i would live forever like a king in a eastern country of europe, where the taxes are ridiculous and the life cost is lower then dwarfs knee's!

or ...
ii would buy some houses @ redlight street from Amsterdam, and live the rest of my life mixing business with pleasure
nox-Hand
I would probably:

A. Buy some nice things for my Parents, who I still live with Rolling Eyes
B. Buy an AlienWare laptop with ALL the trimmings for the go.
C. Hire someone to make me a Linux O/S that fits my needs Laughing
D. Buy PC's for my sister, mum and dad
E. Well, what would one do with money..? GO ON HOLIDAY!
Then, I would probably have used 1/10 of my cash, so I would then just put the rest in a bankaccount and continue life Razz

nox-Hand
Wyvern666
I would use it to invest in my country that i'm planning to build.
The money would help build homes and my palace. The underground citadel would then make enough money to loan it to other countries, using it small highly trained army as mercinaries and by selling drugs to tourists.
nox-Hand
What a happy person you are...

nox-Hand
Gieter
I would probably put it on a savings account, and I would be able to live off the interest (if I calculated right at least Wink), and I would also try to keep working, for the social contacts, the feeling of achieving something, and to not get bored.
nox-Hand
Now that's the way to do it! Not the whole 'let's make a country' thing Razz

nox-Hand
Gieter
Well yeah, I don't think 1,000,000 is enough to build an entire country.. Maybe you can build your own city Wink
nox-Hand
...or just treat yourself to bits Razz

nox-Hand
bulek
I would woke up and get out for a fresh air Razz
skygaia
Oh...
I think many people often dream that.
If I get a lot of money..... then first, I will buby my beautiful house for my family.
and secondly, I will go to car dealer shop and buy nice one. ^^

finally, I want to go back to school.
FoXhounD
I Would retire from work, buy a lot of cars, a nice house and so on.. And mayby i would buy some chicks so they can do lapdance all the day Very Happy
[FuN]goku
i would donate 35% of it to charity or cancer or something.. then i would keep
50 grand around for myself... then i would give some to relatives... and w/e i had left i would put in a bank account and save it for my university funds.. and i would spend the 50 grand on stuff i always wanted.
dz9c
Buy expensive computers, a lot of computer stuff, nice cameras, every awesome electronic out there. I guess dontation wouldnt be a bad idea either. Oh and family.
Assiez
15% charity
several thousand for a VERY nice computer
several thousand a nice car
family
a large amount invested
the rest put in a bank for later

oh and a trip around the world.
HoboPelican
I'd buy myself a small island and a nice seaplane. That would be heaven!
the disturbed
well if i had a million dollars?! geez, 40% to charity, 30 % savings and investments the rest,... did you say HSOPPING!
the disturbed
well if i had a million dollars?! geez, 40% to charity, 30 % savings and investments the rest,... did you say SHOPPING!
AdamantMonk
I have to agree with HoboPelican, though I'd put it in a trust fund for like 10 years to have some extra. (I've put alot of thought into this. In fact, I have an island real estate site open in another window. Hey, I can dream right?)
Blaster
I would save up for collage and start my future off right. Nothing more important than that.
mOrpheuS
If you had 1,000,000 What would you so with it?

Not entirely different from the discussion going on here. Wink

Topic -locked-

EDIT (01-May-2006) - merged the duplicate threads.
kiseki89
Save 60% [for me and parents], invest 10%, spend 30% on things like a new house, new and best comp and facilities
TurkishGamer
Actually, I would probably donate about 1/40th to charity buy some houses, help my family and friends and try to put it in the bank so it could accumulate
Blaster
TurkishGamer wrote:
I would convert it into $'s.
Yea really. I wounder what that is in USD. I think our currency is worth more. I would rather have $1,000,000
[FuN]goku
i would donate 35% of it to charity or cancer or something.. then i would keep
50 grand around for myself... then i would give some to relatives... and w/e i had left i would put in a bank account and save it for my university funds.. and i would spend the 50 grand on stuff i always wanted.
sponguy
If I had a cool mil, I would do what I do every day, look around and see what there is that I can turn into a smile on my face. Instead of poutine for lunch, I would have a steak, Instead of taking the bus, I would buy a bus, and drive people around for free, but it would be a green bus, and people would say, "Hey here comes that green bus". Instead of a nice dinner with a cold beer, I would have a nice dinner with an expensive cold beer, just cause I could afford it. Most of all, I would share with those that made me smile, more than just my smile, and more than just a thanks, I would give them advice too, cause I'd have time, being a millionaire and all.
dz9c
clip wrote:
I would prolly buy a 3 computers on MAX specs. A windows pc, a linux and a mac. Then buys a house, get a car, invest the money on a company or 2, and visit places. and 10% of it, will go to our church! Very Happy good deeds! ^^

Sounds good.
Mark999111
Buy a tonne of junk, then shoot it
FriBogdan
I only dream at this...
Anyway i will buy a new house, my personal tv, computer (serveral computers Very Happy...not only one), etc...
A car, a really nice one Very Happy so i can go every night with my friends in clubs, etc...go to school with my car and don't give a f* about public transport Very Happy Cool Cool . I hope i win at lottery Smile
Apolytes
A. 2 chics at the same time Wink
B. bank it and live comfortably unemployed off of the annual interest
william
That's a lot of money. Well, I would probably spend it all on a large business. Then (hopefully) my income will get me even more money. Then, I could buy my 2 dream automobiles, the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 and the SSC Ultimate Aero.
oneightwo
exchange it for AUS$ so i could spend it Smile Smile Smile
and the things i would get:
New computer (wouldn't mind an upgrade, eh?)
Laptop - I'll need this for school
New PSP - 1.5 firmware for more homebrew!
More PSP Games!
Webhosting (something with lots-o-space)
New guitar - I wanna Tom DeLonge signature Gibson!
Bass Guitar - Mark Hoppus signature Fender Bass
Music CD's!!! LOTS and LOTS that i want Very Happy

then the rest i would invest in the bank, and by the time i'm 18 and goto uni, i'll have earned alot in interest!
Kjgmusic
I would buy an Xbox 360 (even though I'm getting one soon anyways) with all the good games, I'd buy some nice cars, a nice house, and invest the rest of it. Razz
boysrule
1st: Dreamcar !!
2nd: Get a own house..
3rd: Buy lots and lots of technology stuff or gadgets~
Finally: Donate to those who is in need but of cause leave some for the bank Razz
The_Gamer294
id convert it into american dollars, put it in the bank for 50 years (so it increases) and then i'd try to buy out microsoft and watch it multiply.
mying
i think i will donate half of my money to the people who need the money. just like the people got cancer need money for treatment ... besides that , half of the money i will use for travel.. i like go to around the world.. go to see the how beautiful of the world, and then buy a few house at different country. then I can always live at different places.. would you has some ideal with me .....?
Innercynic
go for a new world record, most money devoured by a human in a day..
oneightwo
on second thought, i think once i invested it in the bank, i would donate all the interest to charity, so then i give away...5%? a year. most banks are similar to that, aren't they? that would be quite a lot. 5% of $1000000 is $50000/year!
Jaime
I would create an invertion and i donate a part and I buy everything that i would want...
Holy_Knight
With this money I will pay back the bank whitch have earnt me 1000000
to build one of the first christian school of Belgium Razz
Subsonic Sound
There would have to be a bit of a spending spree, I think... first I'd pay back my student loans to date, and pay off my parents mortgage. I'd buy a fancy new computer to replace this elderly laptop, perhaps buy a house for myself, and a top end bass guitar, perhaps a Shuker or a Fodera.

The rest I'd put in a savings account. It always baffles me how few people think of doing that...

1,000,000 at, say, 7% interest is 70,000 a year. Call it $130,000 a year.

You could live VERY comfortably off that.