FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how do you like to listen to your music?

how do you like your music to be played?
Speakers
75%
 75%  [ 18 ]
Headphones
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

NuniPio
post your favourite brands on ur preference..mine is headphones..

brand: BEHRINGER!
model: HPX4000
cost: $70AUD

the performance of these are very good for its price..im happy with them..post your specs
Hippie
It depends what you like, you like your music super loud? You like to feel the music = speakers. If you like pretty mucha nything else you like headphones, not to mention that headphones are better for video game action.
IAMED_2
I like speakers only if there's a subwoofer involved, other than that I use headphones

Sennheiser Symphony HD570
140-200 CAD

They have a really good sound range, good bass, and you can wear them for a long time without getting uncomfortable.
boringest
i prefer headphones too...mine's a seinheisser too...

you guys should try going to this website:

holophonic.ch

uses holophonic sound, sounds really real!
valkyrie-heavens
i like to be able to listen to my music without something hanging off my head...
lisa33144
I definately prefer headphones. Not even because of bass or anything, I just prefer to have music come out of the speakers rather than some strings attached to my head. However, I don't mind headphones if I'm in a place that requires quiet.
albert
If you use the headpone a long period ,
then you'll go deaf.

I like to use speaker to play the music ,
cause I can turn the volume very high , and you'll be very high too! Laughing
midimine
Mine is a Sennheiser HD595. Sounds great Rolling Eyes
bigdan
I use headphones when everyone else is asleep. Mine are a $15 brand (Ovann) from Big W. They work a treat! Very Happy

Otherwise I just use the speakers.
NuniPio
the reason i use headphones is probably because most if i like my music to be loud n clear without disturbing other people...when nobody is around then i tend to use speakers...
jeremoi
I like listening to music on my ipod with headphones. Though many despise them, I adore the ipod headphones for the look, how it fits into my ipod and if I lose/break them I can get a new pair shipped to me through apple care
ositedagalera
I use a mini-system that support a USB entrance. So, I am voting in Speakers.

Model: Philips FW-M779
500 Wats RMS

Sounds great!!
NuniPio
ositedagalera wrote:
I use a mini-system that support a USB entrance. So, I am voting in Speakers.

Model: Philips FW-M779
500 Wats RMS

Sounds great!!

whoa cool that looks awesome..how much did u pay for one of those?
ignition
I used to prefer headphones, until I got a $400 set of 5.1 surround sound speakers for my room.

The 10" subwoofer is awesome...the thing weighs close to 40 pounds and is much larger than my computer. Bass is incredible.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=9486
H3LL5P4WN
With my iPod Photo 60gb:
Shure E3 earphones (although the right channel quit on me). I'm saving to get a set of thier E4/E4G earphones.

With my computer:
Sennheiser PC-150 earphones with noise-cancelling microphone (though I can't get Team Speak to work with my mic during gameplay)
SunburnedCactus
The Shure earphones are brilliant. Long way to save for the E5s though! I haven't been able to listen to mine for a while because I've gone deaf in one ear from an infection, which better clear up soon or I'm going to go ape!
H3LL5P4WN
SunburnedCactus wrote:
The Shure earphones are brilliant. Long way to save for the E5s though! I haven't been able to listen to mine for a while because I've gone deaf in one ear from an infection, which better clear up soon or I'm going to go ape!

That sucks man, my fiance has always had problems with her ears. And I know the E5's are expensive... hence I want the E4's. Wink
ignition
How the hell does Shure justify a $400 price tag for a pair of earphones that do nothing but fit perfectly into your ear?
madsencarl
I use the mini ipod speakers. Great power to size ratio. Plus, they're easily portable.
althalus
I prefer speakers over headphones. I don't really disturb anyone when I play my music, so why should I use headphones? The only time I use them are at work, when I bring my mp3player, but I don't like the headphones I got with it (the protective 'fluffy things' that covers the bits that go into my ear has fallen off, so it sort of hurts.. All plasticy and hard.. Confused )
birell
speakers definatly, the only time that i use my headphones is when iīm riding the bus, but as soon as i get home, its speaker time.
SunburnedCactus
ignition wrote:
How the hell does Shure justify a $400 price tag for a pair of earphones that do nothing but fit perfectly into your ear?

They also happen to sound quite good.
ignition
SunburnedCactus wrote:

But do they sound any better than a $20 pair of earphones that you can pick up at walmart? I'm not bashing the Shure earphones at all - they sound incredible (mainly because it blocks out all other noise so all you hear is the music) and feel even more incredible - I'm bashing the price... I want to know what is in those earphones [materials-wise] that makes them cost more than an Xbox 360.
H3LL5P4WN
ignition wrote:
SunburnedCactus wrote:

But do they sound any better than a $20 pair of earphones that you can pick up at walmart? I'm not bashing the Shure earphones at all - they sound incredible (mainly because it blocks out all other noise so all you hear is the music) and feel even more incredible - I'm bashing the price... I want to know what is in those earphones [materials-wise] that makes them cost more than an Xbox 360.

Because they aren't earphones (or earbuds, technically). They're in ear studio monitors. Producers use them when they can't or don't want to have thier full-size studio reference monitors blaring. Musicians use them on stage when they realize those angled monitors at the front of the stage are killing thier hearing.

And yes, they blow the $20 Wallyworld earphones/buds out of the water, both in sound quality and in construction. Thier sound is partially due to thier noise-isolation design, but more importantly due to the mechanics and materials they employed in the drivers. Part of the price is the name, part is the cost of the monitors themselves, and the other part is the research involved in making them.

As for $400, if you look, that is the MSRP. I can get the E4's for a tad over $200 shipped, with an extended warranty.
SunburnedCactus
Case closed, I think! Cool
ignition
Thanks for some clarification, hellspawn.
zender
I only use headphones when i'm in the train or bus, other than that i just use the speakers (computer or radio)