FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SQLite

PatTheGreat42
It's probably a stupid question, but does FriHost have SQLite support? I know it's installed by default with PHP, but I still gotta ask. I've been trying to use some database scripting, and thus far it hasn't worked. I just wanted to check to see if they actually had a chance of working before I went much farther.

And before you ask, I've been trying to use SQLite instead of MySQL because it's a pretty small application and I'd prefer to have access to the flat file.

Teh thanx0rs.
tass_
I would very much appreciate an answer to this, since all other the other web hosts that I've had the chance to try either didn't support SQLite3 (The latest SQLite version that you access through PDO) but did support the old SQLite2, or they didn't have any kind of SQLite support at all.

Otherwise adding support for SQLite isn't difficult at all, if the webmaster wants to add it.
tass_
If you are hosted on server 2 or 3, you should have access to SQLite (Both SQLite2 and SQLite3). : )
pedepy
odd thing happens when i try to load the sqlite module from python, which should be built in with version 2.5, it cannot find the module ...

clues?
pedepy
i tried to install the sqlite3 modules in a sort of 'virtual' environment setting, and it complains it cannot load libsqlite3.so.0 ....... which to me would indicate sqlite3 isnt installed on server 3 ... is that correct?