FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suicidal Tendencies

ainieas
In my group of friends there are eight people and there’s not even one who hasn’t tried to take the easy way out. Not that we are the desperate kind. I mean three of us are part time models and all are toppers in our respective departments in the university. Yet things like these don’t matter. At some point or another life seems like an uphill task. Not many talk about it. Not many get the help they so deserve. Lets talk about this forbidden subject. Talk about your experiences. Maybe it may save a life someday.

I don't know if this topic is allowed on the forum but I do hope people get a chance to get their views across.
a.Bird
I feel like it's so easy to jump when standing on the edge of bridge. I scare myself because the idea taunts me, it seems like the easiest possible thing to do in the world, just take the one step. Then I remind myself that although it could be the easiest decision I ever made, it'll be the hardest thing for my friends and family to deal with. It would be SO selfish of me to take myself from their lives permanently. I can't imagine anything worse than losing a friend or relative to a suicide attempt. That's what keeps me from leaping.
ainieas
a.Bird wrote:
Then I remind myself that although it could be the easiest decision I ever made, it'll be the hardest thing for my friends and family to deal with. It would be SO selfish of me to take myself from their lives permanently.

You said it all. Its things like these that matter. Not many remind themselves that their lives are not alone. Everyone's lives are woven together into a tapestry and take out just one thread and the tapestry falls apart.
pjv
I believe that suicides is never an answer. Even if your that desperate, while your still breathing, there is always hope. How will you solve your problem by ending your life.

Always remember that there is always someone who has greater problem than what you have. And there are lots of things that you should be thankful about. Just think of those street children, homeless people, those who have nothing to eat, those who do odd jobs just to live, those who are sick and disabled.

You should be thankful that you have good jobs, your beautiful, your healthy, you have great friends, the list goes on....

You only need to Trust in God. He has always the solution to your problems, maybe he won't give it to you right away, but in His time, it shall be given to you. God loves you, your parents love you, your friends love you. Lots of people care for you so put those bad ideas behind.

Live life to the fullest!
Sappho
pjv ur post reminds me of a movie Virgin Suicides when this psychiatrist is talking with a girl at the beginning and trying to find out why did she tried to commit suicide. And guess what her answer was after his long speech? "Obviously doctor u never were 13 yr old girl."

This answer is the explanation in its essence, u dont know how they are feeling even if u obviously think so.
gonzo
If life really has no point, and you sincerely believe that, then why fear death?
ainieas
Sappho wrote:
pjv ur post reminds me of a movie Virgin Suicides when this psychiatrist is talking with a girl at the beginning and trying to find out why did she tried to commit suicide. And guess what her answer was after his long speech? "Obviously doctor u never were 13 yr old girl."

This answer is the explanation in its essence, u dont know how they are feeling even if u obviously think so.

I know the feeling. Its like no one will understand unless they ARE you.
Delirium
Each suicide and each attempts at suicide is different from another. Suicide is not a coward way to deal with things and it's not a selfish act either, it's a desperate solution. People don't suicide for fun, they do so when everything else they could come up with as a solution has failed. Also remember that people suffering from depression and even worst Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness) have more tendencies toward suicide because they can't control what they are feeling without proper medication like lithium per exemple.

When you are ready to end your life because it hurts too much, because your life makes you too sad, for you it makes sense to attempt suicide. Sometimes it's a cry for help but sometimes you don't even want help, you are just tired of all this shit.

Please don't judge those who died or tried. Only them can judge their decisions for only them really knows what pushed them do do something so desperate. I assure you that when you are ready to die, you friends, family, job etc.. nothing is important anymore, because YOU are the one living the nightmare.

Yes I tried two times to end my life. The first time at 17 and it was real serious, no cry for help, no telling anyone I would probably do it. What I was feeling was so terrible that I refused to go on and wanted to die and fast. Even if I hide myself in a secluded room someone found me and the ambulance got me to an hospital. Intentive care etc.. I was a full month at the hospital. Second time was last year, and that attempt was a cry for help and my husband caught me right on time, I couldn't do it, I wanted help an no one seemed to understand how awful I was feeling. I guess it opened my husband's eyes.

How is life now? I still hate it but I am hanging on there, hoping that maybe this year will be better then the others, trying to convince myself that my son needs me since he loves me so much. It's a day to day struggle, been like that forever it seems.

I can't offer advice for all live something different even in similar situations. All I can say is that if the attempt at suicide is not a cry for help, then there is nothing we could have one. If it is, please react and fast if you don't want to loose the one you love.
hive
Suicide is the final solution, the last door you will knock and the only one you will certanly find a solid truth: the end.
A suicidal person has lost everthing, still his sense of humor.
ainieas
Delirium wrote:
Each suicide and each attempts at suicide is different from another. Suicide is not a coward way to deal with things and it's not a selfish act either, it's a desperate solution. People don't suicide for fun, they do so when everything else they could come up with as a solution has failed. Also remember that people suffering from depression and even worst Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness) have more tendencies toward suicide because they can't control what they are feeling without proper medication like lithium per exemple.

When you are ready to end your life because it hurts too much, because your life makes you too sad, for you it makes sense to attempt suicide. Sometimes it's a cry for help but sometimes you don't even want help, you are just tired of all this shit.

Please don't judge those who died or tried. Only them can judge their decisions for only them really knows what pushed them do do something so desperate. I assure you that when you are ready to die, you friends, family, job etc.. nothing is important anymore, because YOU are the one living the nightmare.

Yes I tried two times to end my life. The first time at 17 and it was real serious, no cry for help, no telling anyone I would probably do it. What I was feeling was so terrible that I refused to go on and wanted to die and fast. Even if I hide myself in a secluded room someone found me and the ambulance got me to an hospital. Intentive care etc.. I was a full month at the hospital. Second time was last year, and that attempt was a cry for help and my husband caught me right on time, I couldn't do it, I wanted help an no one seemed to understand how awful I was feeling. I guess it opened my husband's eyes.

How is life now? I still hate it but I am hanging on there, hoping that maybe this year will be better then the others, trying to convince myself that my son needs me since he loves me so much. It's a day to day struggle, been like that forever it seems.

I can't offer advice for all live something different even in similar situations. All I can say is that if the attempt at suicide is not a cry for help, then there is nothing we could have one. If it is, please react and fast if you don't want to loose the one you love.

I can relate to you. My first time was when I was 17. My bro had OD-ed and my best friend had slashed her wrist. Losing the two people closest to me changed me a lot. I didn't see anything to live for. But I survived. Not mentally.

Even now I'm not sure. Its my GF who's holding me together. Actually we're both holding each other. She aint that stable too. I hope we can live it thru together.
yule
The suicide is cannot solve the problem, every is has any matter all to want bravely to face, like this is best solution.
Sappho
yule wrote:
The suicide is cannot solve the problem, every is has any matter all to want bravely to face, like this is best solution.

First of all suicide is not about solving the problem, its more of an escape route. And u know there are "problems" that can be hardly faced. Yes i am one of those that did try to commit suicide and let me tell u it wasnt about solving anything, nor it was about that i couldnt face it, all i felt back then was that it is pointless to live on, it was about the meaning not fear of living.
northcoast
I came in here and I thought this was about the 80s punk band suicidal tendencies! ...*slowly backs away*