FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AMD or INTEL processor??

Intel or AMD procesors?
AMD
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Intel
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

KHO
Which one do you prefer? l like the AMD more, and yes, l know that for notebooks they drain more battery, but they are still better in my opinion. So l was just curious as to what the rest of you thought.
Marston
...What the hell is a "processor"? Could it be some kind of a... a... computer chip?
Cridiron
I've never owned an AMD processor, so I had to chose Intel...They seem very good to me.
seanooi
i personally like AMD, i had problems with intel before, mainly heat issues, so that's why i turned over to AMD Laughing
exeption
I like AMD. And it has been giving me good results with benchmarking softwares and my own programs.
DecayClan
I believe that it depends on the usage.I generally prefer AMD, but i believe that it depends on the usage.For gaming, and all the stuff that a usual user does AMD.they have A LOT BETTER PERFORMANCE than the intel ones.If you have a server, then you HAVE TO GET INTEL, because the AMD cpu's are very good, but a server needs HUGE AMOUNTS OF LVL1 and LVL 2 cache, and Intel CPU's have a lot more.Especially the xeon ones...Server:intel, all the other:amd
I don't have a server, so i vote for AMD Smile.
P.S. :Huge cache HARMS games
P.S.2.:Correct me if i am wrong plz
Pikokola
Well.. wel... I prefer Intel, because It's harder to be verClocking - Danr my brother, he is a maniac in Ovrclocking Sad, But I think for personal use AMD is beter, and for server Intel is much more better. In other hand, that's depending on every feel or every suggestion I think (duh...)
KHO
Marston wrote:
...What the hell is a "processor"? Could it be some kind of a... a... computer chip?

Yes, they are chips, but there are more than just that chip inside you average desktop PC Neutral and this thread was just for processor value, so l said processor rather than chip.

But a processor is just a nice little speed boost (in fact, its not lttle at all Neutral it's a very large speed boost) if you want an exact definition just Wiki it Neutral