FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

google showing non registered domain names in search results

manumiglani
google is showing non registered domain names in its search results

1) http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=linuxmust&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

i searched for linuxmust

it showed www.linuxmust.com which is never registered, however www.linuxmust.org is registered

2) http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=sanialovers&btnG=Search&meta=

i searched for sanialovers

it showed www.sanialovers.com which is never registered, but www.sanialovers.org is active...

Now anybody having any idea about that.....
omeration
I believe it has to do with the amount that was paid for the site. I do not know.
sgwreviews
I think google uses a webcrawler, you tell them your website, the program will now and then try out all the links on your page,
maybe it has changed the .org into .com just to see if there was anything there.
Marston
I don't think google really clears the inactive pages out of its results - I've seen a few domains that I used to own show up (they're no longer registered to anyone). It's not a really big deal, though.
LuiS_J
i have a question how do i add my site in google.. i mean by whenever someone looks up for my site it will appear above the search link not below.. does anybody know what im talkin about??? Confused Confused Very Happy Very Happy
Dragonfly
Someone might have registered it in the past but have abandoned them, but that will still show up in google search results. I know this for certain. Some of my site pages are no more up on my site but Google still index them for some reason or the other.

And some sites which you cannot visit might be registered but not used.
lukeropro
Maybe the guy who owns www.linuxmust.com didn't bother to upload his files and everything.
manumiglani
Quote:
Maybe the guy who owns www.linuxmust.com didn't bother to upload his files and everything.

man the domain is not registered so what is the question of uploading the files.

Quote:
Someone might have registered it in the past but have abandoned them, but that will still show up in google search results. I know this for certain

man u don't know anything for certain and i know this for certain, the domain is never reigstered.... mind u never