FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter 6 - The Half-Blood Prince *(ENDING REVEALED)*

babumuchhala
WARNING: This thread exposes the ending and will spoil things for you if you haven't read the book.

Harry Potter 6 - The Half-Blood Prince
Release Date: July 16, 2005

The following is a list of facts that we know about book six, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

From JKRowling.com:
- The link between Chamber of Secrets and Half-Blood Prince relates to a discovery Harry made in 'Chamber' that foreshadows something that he finds out in 'Prince'.
- Tom Riddle is not the Half Blood Prince (he is Voldemort).
- Arthur Weasley is not the Minister of Magic.
- Crucial information in The Half-Blood Prince was originally planned to be placed in Chamber of Secrets, the second book.
- The HBP (half-blood prince) is not Harry or Voldemort.
- There will not be two chapters in book six titled "Lupin's Papers" and "The Lovegoods in Court."
- An excerpt from HBP: "He looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp."
- More characters will die in book six.
- Three chapter titles from the Half-Blood Prince: "Spinners End" (Chap. 2), "Draco's Detour" (Chap. 6), and "Felix Felicis" (Chap. 14)
- Neville and Luna will not form a relationship with each other.
- Harry's shortened stay at the Dursley's (see below) will not result from another court case - rather, he will be leaving for "a much pleasanter reason."

From August 2004 Edinburgh Book Festival:
- Grawp will become more controllable in the sixth book.
- There will be a new character called McClaggan.
- We will see a bit more of Rita Skeeter.
- Petunia Dursley is not a Squib, as she is a muggle, but there is more to Petunia than what meets the eye - we will find out what that is.
- Life gets "quite tough" for most of the characters, especially Harry.
- We will see more of Blaise Zabini, who was recently confirmed as male.
- Dudley Dursley is not the Half Blood Prince.
- Professor Lockhart will not appear in future books.

From March 2004 World Book Day Chat:
- We'll find out more about Peter Pettigrew and what happened to him.
- Harry will tell his nearest and dearest about the propechy when he's ready.
- The wizarding world is really at war again, and Harry has to master his own feelings to make himself useful.
- Muggles are noticing more and more odd happenings now that Voldemort has returned.
- We will find out more about the circumstances of Voldemort's birth.
- Tonks and Moaning Myrtle will be back.
- Harry won't stay with the Dursleys all summer; in fact, he will have his shortest stay yet.
- We'll see more of Narcissa Malfoy.
- Hermione and Draco will not date (duh...)
- We'll find out more about the relationship between Snape and Sirius in their Hogwarts days.
- Harry won't get back together with Cho Chang.
- Winky will never be in the same state she was prior to the events of Goblet of Fire.
- We will find out more about Grawp, the giant (Hagrid's half-brother).
- There will be a new Minister of Magic.

Source
n0obie4life
leaked!

lol, i'm not really a fan of harry potter books Wink
dark_paladin
Thank you! I am a Harry Potter fan, though I am not enthusiastic enough to find out more about it. Thanks again for the information!
Milli Riba
wow!!!! pretty damn good Shocked Man, though I am not a hardcore harry potter fan (my sis,though, is) I look forward to this vol. I startegettin interested in Harry potter series courtesy of me sis. and i m sure she'll find this prety interestin!!
Aut0mat1c
Actualy the "leaked" version is just a fan fiction.

The book is being closely guarded, but some people did manage to get there hands on a copy but got arrested. Here is the story.

Pair in court over Potter theft

Mr Lambert is charged with the theft of the new Harry Potter book
Two men have appeared before Kettering Magistrates in Northants charged in connection with the theft of the new Harry Potter book.

Aaron Lambert, 19, and Christopher Brown, 37, were accused of offering two stolen copies of the new book to Sun newspaper reporter John Askill.

The pair, of Tresham Street, Kettering, were also accused of weapons offences.

Mr Lambert was given bail until 10 October, and Mr Brown bailed to return to the magistrates court in two weeks.

Justices were told witness statements relating to Mr Brown's alleged part in the case had not been prepared.

He faces one count of handling the stolen books - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - and one of possession of an offensive weapon.

Mr Lambert, who will appear before Northampton Crown Court in October, is accused of possessing an imitation firearm, a replica handgun with intent to cause Mr Askill to fear unlawful violence.

He is also charged with stealing two copies of the book from a distribution centre in Corby.

The two men were charged on Friday, 3 June after an armed police operation.

Potter author JK Rowling has since won a High Court injunction to stop details of her book emerging.

It is due to be published on 16 July.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/northamptonshire/4087914.stm

n0obie4life wrote:
leaked!

duong123456
n0obie4life wrote:
leaked!

Why!I thinks that it very well.A famoust book!
Monkeydog
i can't wait till it comes out because i am a big fan of the books.
And it seems that more then one character is going to die,and i love when they die XD
I wish we didn't have to wait this long for the last few books...i mean she has finished them already :/
inesquecivel
UAU! I Don't Will Go to lost neeeeeeeeeeeeever!

Laughing
gamego
I love Harry Potter.I can't wait to c it.
AnGeLicK
i can't wait for this book to come out... already preordered it... w00t!
blackant
I just like to watch the movie than the book. Wink
Reading is not for me, just being lazy. Razz
xalophus
i was of the same opnion, untill i started reading the first book.
it is much better than the movie.
then i couldn't stop untill i finished all the 5 books
and yes, m waiting eagerly for the 6th one..
tin933
Thanks ! it's so good , i like Harry verry much , but do you think that story is only for childrens
xalophus
no i don't think that this story is for children
in fact i don't think that there is anything in the world that has to bound by the age, creed, color, geography ... restrictions.
its upto the concerned person to decide whether the object in question is suited for him or not. and not be influenced by what world has to say about its suitaibility......
and still if you let others decide your interest, likes and dislikes.... then i can only say that u should grow upto being an individual
gamego
xalophus wrote:
no i don't think that this story is for children
in fact i don't think that there is anything in the world that has to bound by the age, creed, color, geography ... restrictions.
its upto the concerned person to decide whether the object in question is suited for him or not. and not be influenced by what world has to say about its suitaibility......
and still if you let others decide your interest, likes and dislikes.... then i can only say that u should grow upto being an individual
agree. But don't u think that the order of phoenix is a very boring books?Harry is a teenager boy that can angry and yell to everyone in everytime.
dark_paladin
Quote:
agree. But don't u think that the order of phoenix is a very boring books?Harry is a teenager boy that can angry and yell to everyone in everytime.

It just shows that Rowling does not understand teenagers as much as some of us think she does. Nevertheless, the books are pretty good despite there are many controversies over them.
xalophus
in my opnion the behaviour of harry as a teenager is predicticed correctly
its just that we hv started liking harry, so we can't expect him to behave like that
and anybody who says that teenagers don't behave like this, will most probably be a teenager
Monkeydog
I think he only acted that way cause he's kinda messed up in the head,i mean there's a manic after him and he saw someone die.
and i think OotP was one of the least boring of all the books :/
tjatssa
I love Harry Potter series and all but the 5th book kinda turned me down.
To me, it seemed as if the whole book was pointless
until the last couple of chapters and that J.K.
tried to elongate the story by adding in some random events.
From the first post, it seems that the book is going to be interesting
and I love to see what was foreshadowed in the second book.
However, who is Blaise Zabini??
I don't recall that name right now.
If you know who that char is please reply.
Thnx and let's all hope that the 6th book will be good!
Elphaba
Possible SPoilers***

I dunno, I think Harry's still trying to figure out just how to react to both of his worlds. In one place, you're nothing, treated like a second class citizen. In the other, you have people who care about you who you can lose at any moment because of a long held grudge that you had nothing to do with. I mean if this were you wouldn't you be stressed out and overreacting at times? Dumbledore's admitted mistakes and withholdings didn't help his case, I thoroughly understood Harry wigging out on him like that.

Order was a hard book to read only because it got dark so fast. Umbridge really surprised me and I have never wanted to hurt a book's character more in my life. The death scene shook me a little when I realized what had happened. Goblet of Fire's death scene just didn't have any emotional connection like Order's death scene.

I don't understand why people overreact to this series as being either anti-Christian or juvenile. Ignorance is widespread especially in the bible belt.

And as for the Half Blood Prince: I think it will go back to the four founders of the school. Someone related to one of the four possibly. Or even Hagrid. Remember he's only half giant.
Aut0mat1c
Just 18 more days, i am pretty much shitting myself about now.
Milli Riba
hee hee hee Twisted Evil Gonna have that book really soon (':-

From what I heard, here r some tidbits from the book :

* Aunt Petunia is a witch (* huh Shocked can that be true? )
* Dudley n Harry may become freinds ( is it likely Very Happy )
* Some of Dumbledore's dark side may be revealed related to GOF (wonder Rolling Eyes )
* Colin Creevey sacrifices his life for Harry (hee .hee... just kiddin man....)
SagMan
Thank you! I am a Harry Potter fan, though I am not enthusiastic enough to find out more about it. Thanks again for the information!
BioHaZaRD
I read the 5th book in 4 days, lol. That was 2 years ago, I don't really remember that much about them, but from reading these posts, I have refreshed my memory a little bit. I can't wait until this book is released. Anyone know when the 4th movie is coming out?
dark_paladin
xalophus wrote:
its just that we hv started liking harry, so we can't expect him to behave like that
and anybody who says that teenagers don't behave like this, will most probably be a teenager

Yes, I am a teenager, but I don't yell at everyone like I am the boss! And think about it, Harry never had a comfortable life, don't you think that his behavior would be a little bit more mature than ordinary teenagers? From the 1st book to the 5th one, Harry had grown physically and emotionally, but I don't see much growth in his mentality. He is still the same kid who brew his aunt up in the third book...
Monkeydog
http://www.veritaserum.com/theories/nucleus/halfbloodprince.shtml
^Therioes on whom the half breed prince may be.I think it could be Wormtail.I also have a theroy of my own if J.K. is useing the dictionarys meaning of prince and it could be a girl:

*SPOILERS*

Okay I think Luna could very well be the prince if she's half-breed and the prince could be a girl too.My initial thought was that Luna,Ginny,Nevile,and Harry were all into that veil in the Ministry of Magic in OotP while Ron and Hermione weren't.So I thought maybe that is were souls taken by Voldemolt went.So maybe everyone who can hear the voices had someone close to them die by the hands of Voldemolt.That could have been very true if Ginny wasn't there.So then i thought maybe only those who have been controlled by Voldemolt.Now this could be true but we have no idea if he is controlling Neville,but he has controlled Ginny and Harry, so I let this one pass.Now this one could be true;what if the only people who can hear it are people who have been in the presence of him.We know that Harry and Ginny have,and Neville could very well have been.And if Luna's mom was killed by Voldemolt so could Luna.
Now Luna said that her mom died from an experiment gone wrong.Was Luna's mom trying to help Voldemolt?Luna said her mom was a good wizard so any regular experiment wouldn't have killed her that easily.Luna was also 9 at the time.Which mean Luna's mom could have given Voldemort enough power to cling onto Qurriel,because Qurriel was still alive.

what do u think do u think this could be a vaild theroy?
orangeshoesgirl
I sort of lost interest in the Harry Potter books after the fifth book when Harry went crazy. I mean, I know the pressure he's going through, but... it gets... annoying. I don't want him yelling like any "normal" teenager would because he ISN'T normal. *shrugs* Poor guy though...

But of course, I shall be reading the next book, just not getting all hyped up like I did on the last book (lol, last time I was screaming to my friend the week before about how it wasn't fair that Hagrid was going to die, because I though Sirius was too important to die. XD)

I'm curious about Lily's past though... hm...
kain
I can't WAIT for this book! I pre-ordered it off of Wal-Mart so I won't have to wait weeks before it's re-stocked. Right now I'm trying to read books 4 and 5 again before it comes out b/c frankly, I can't remember them all that well...
Monkeydog
I think i'm going to read 1-5 before the 6th book comes out but i'm not sure i can since i'm to busy with other stuff...
orangeshoesgirl
I'm getting mine at Costco, where they rarely run out. Seeing as there are two Costcos really nearby, that shouldn't be too hard for me. Laughing

Yeah, I was getting all hyped up by reading the rumours and such, but I'm not that much of a fan anymore. I mean, I don't read the fanfics anymore... like the obsessed person I was. The 5th book sort of turned off that interest for me... I don't like reading people yelling a lot.
Monkeydog
dark_paladin wrote:
xalophus wrote:

Yes, I am a teenager, but I don't yell at everyone like I am the boss! And think about it, Harry never had a comfortable life, don't you think that his behavior would be a little bit more mature than ordinary teenagers? From the 1st book to the 5th one, Harry had grown physically and emotionally, but I don't see much growth in his mentality. He is still the same kid who brew his aunt up in the third book...

well harry really is sort of the boss he pretty much has to deal with it all by himself and he's getting all stressed out.Plus something could have snapped in his head seeing whats his face die in the 4th book...
BlackSkad
I'm pretty much looking forward to this book. For me, it's one of the major events this year.
I'm thrilled to know what is going to happen to the young wizards now that Lord Voldemort is back. I wonder who the half-blood Prince is. Well we'll know saterday Smile .

I will try to finish my Potter-site against saterday and get it online, to be ready for this mayor event Smile
Bender1337
i cant wait to see ppl malled and beatin to get the new hp6 book i think i might go at 12:00 see some of the violence last time i got the last copy ahahahahaha
nakamaru
naruto is the best manga ever
Monkeydog
What does naruto have to do with this topic?and only 19 hours and 30 minutes here before it comes out XD
leeleez
yay~!! harry potter comes out today for australia 16 july woot im gonna go buy it, hehe but its 3 am here
BlackSkad
leeleez wrote:
yay~!! harry potter comes out today for australia 16 july woot im gonna go buy it, hehe but its 3 am here

Don't you have to wait untill it is 0:00 in the UK before you can buy the book overthere in Australia? I'm living in Belgium and I have to wait untill 1.01 am to purchase it. Unfortunately there is no store in my city that is open tonight to sell the book. I guess I'll have to wait untill 9.00 local time Sad (8.00 UK time)
Monkeydog
in america you have to wait for 12 am our time...
Bline
the release date is today, and fans are dying to get a hold of it. Here at my place there are popular book stores that are opening late at nite 12:00
for fans to buy it. You should see how long the lines are lol,
leeleez
i was suprised that the book didnt sell out i bought it for 27.95 aus $ at the last minutes... lucky i guess
Monkeydog
well probably because most fans preordered it Confused
eggnog
Im in the process of reading it, "im lovin it" so far, lol.
Bline
yeam im reading it to,
im dying to find out who the HBP is...
i wanna read the back part but nah.
lostprophecy
I was at Barnes and Noble and twelve oclock and I was number 23 in line, and I had been standing outside since about 8:00 that night.

I've read it two times and the book is great, though I won't reveal nothing there is alot about Snape in this book.
Monkeydog
The book is awesome probably the best in the series i had just finished it about an hour or two ago...
froggyvk
WARNING -- SPOILERS BELOW

I enjoyed it and thought it was better than The Order of the Phoenix. I'll have to read it again, but I don't think there weren't any glaring plot holes or leaps in logic like the last book. Sure, there were a few inconsistencies, and there always will be when a book deals with undefined magic, but I thought it tied together very well. It's pretty obvious that there was no overarching plan from the beginning, but the continuity has been good.

SPOILERS ... just in case you missed the title.

I thought the death of Dumbledore was well done, and I was extremely surprised when Snape was shown to be truly evil- despite the opening chapter. You never knew for sure-- partly, I think because he there was no foreshadowing of this in the past books. I also enjoyed that Voldemort wasn't the Half-Blood Prince; it seemed way too obvious, so that was a nice mini-twist at the end.

She also left a rather big cliffhanger in the end. Who left that message in the amulet and took the Horcrux? Any theories? Hopefully, she gets this next book out a bit faster; she should if she's planned this out well.

If there's one complaint I have, it's that HBP didn't really seem to have a driving plotline or purpose. Book 1, 2, 3, and 4, for example had specific challenges or threats. In this book, it wasn't until halfway through that Harry had a specific mission- to recover the memory of the professor. The first half was mostly exposition and Voldemort's backstory. Still, I found exposition and Voldermort's origin incredibly fascinating, so perhaps that's a positive aspect.

Overall, a very enjoyable book. It exceeded my expectations.
Monkeydog
SPOILERS

I have heard people say it could be Remus Black that is RAB but you never know.What i really want to know is who is in the next book.Since Ron,Hermione,and Harry aren't going back to Hogwarts.I'm pretty sure Ginny,Luna,and Neville will come too(Luna now is officially my favriote character since Black died,her Qudditich announcement part was gold)
Also i'm pretty sure it isn't the end for Harry and Ginny's relationship...but i unno i guess i have to wait another 2 or 3 years to read the next book sigh~....
goddessofdeath666
I went t6o a midnight opening party myself, and waited in line till midnight, where everyone clapped and screamed. Then, I got my copy.

Being THE BIGGEST Harry potter freak probably on the entire forum, and all forums related to this one, I DID infact dress up for the event, as Hermione. I ended up winning first prize for the costume contest! I made the costume entierly myslef, with the exception of the official gryffindor scarf mind you.

I also own thousands upon thousands of HP merchandise, with one of my items consisting of a lifesize/lifelike Dobby statue, that sold at a British auction for 2,025$ USD.

I have also read books 1-4, 19 times each, the 5th 3 times and the last one one, and im re-reading it again.

Back on topic, I must say that I am completely shocked to find out who died. I cried and sobbed until i kept on reading. This book is MUCH darker, and I believe that frail children will have a tough time to digest this book. I am 16, and it took me a while to realize what in the hell had happened. I was/still am devastated, but curious to read the last book more than ever before.

Overall, It's now my second favorite book in the series. in order of preference that would be
GOF - 4th
HBP - 6th
OOF - 5th
POA - 3rd
COS - 2nd
PS - 1st
Monkeydog
I wasn't shocked on who died I thought they were going to die since the 5th book.
To bad i can't enter any of those contests since i've been told a few times i look like Harry XD
I even dressed up as him a few halloweens ago...
leeleez
yeh it was sad how "blah blah" died.
i wonder how is jk rowling going to fit harry's adventure of finding those "stuff" in one book - 1000 pages?
jbaffa
oh I got shocked ~____~ ;;;

SPOILER

Moneydog, Its not Remus ... Its REGULUS BLACK. Rumor has it
He´s deade :S

Do you think Harry is a Horcrux himself ?

Besides, have you noticed that Dumbledore said He was wrong and Nagini wasn´t a Horcurx when they were going to the Cave ... But Harry still counts Nagini as a Horcrux after Dumbledore´s burail.

Page 511 - children edition

"'I am not sure which it is - though I think we can rule out the snake - (...)'"
said Dumbledore

Page 592

"He kept reciting their names to himself, as though by listing them he could bring them whithim reach: 'the locket .... the cup .... THE SNAKE ... something of Gryffindor´s (...)"
said Harry
Monkeydog
Spoiler

jbaffa XD yeah i was wrong mabye i shouldn't post late at night.
Anyways Dumbledore ruled out that the horcrux they were going after was the snake since it wasn't moving and it was in an odd place for it to be I beileve.But u never know mabye u could be right
Sarah
SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!
Wow, that was...unbelieveable. I liked the book, with the exception of the romance, because it seemed so sudden and fake. Out of nowhere, Harry had feelings on Ginny and pounced on them, and the whole Ron/Hermoine situation made their characters out of characters, which annoyed me. But otherwise, it was good. It was surprising and interesting, especially Riddle's memories, those were well done. I was surprised who the Half Blood Prince was and that he killed Dumbledore. It makes you wonder if Snape's really good or bad.
I mean, the obvious evidence points that he's bad. He had hatred in his face, and killed him.
But Dumbledore isn't the person who'd say, "Please, don't let me die, Snape..."...well, not to me. It could easily all fit if you turned it the other way.

Either way, good book, but romance and characters brought it down.[/b]
Aut0mat1c
Amazing book!

Now we just have to wait 2 more years for the next one Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
vidyamandir
Man i read the book and its awesome
Better than any other HP book
Its damn hot
Must read!!!!!!
dule
it's not out here yet Sad

my sucky country is always 2 steps back on the rest of the world Evil or Very Mad
Defsanguje
My brother is reading that book (He's 12 Smile). I dont like harry potters...
Monkeydog
SPOILERS again...
Ever think that Dumbledore himself has a horcrux?most likely if he does its fawkes.Since Dumbledore knew about Snapes bind most likely and Malfoy's job.And he seemed to knwo what was happening.And Dumbledore would never plead for his life from Snape...he wa sprobably begging him to kill him.
toyzintheattic
I'm currently reading the first harry potter book. xD
davmcmul
Quote:
SPOILERS again...
Ever think that Dumbledore himself has a horcrux?most likely if he does its fawkes.Since Dumbledore knew about Snapes bind most likely and Malfoy's job.And he seemed to knwo what was happening.And Dumbledore would never plead for his life from Snape...he wa sprobably begging him to kill him.

Return Spoilers....
I don't think Dumbledore would have a horcrux, he seemed to be totally against the idea of splitting one's soul and previously he didn't seem very pro-immortality did he? But I can't help but agree with you, in that I have this feeling that he will be back, however this is probably just because he seemed so indefeatable in previous books.
wraithxiv
I got the book like 3 min afte i was release where i live, i read it in 4 days, not too fast. I couldnt put it down, loved every bit of it. The ending was unthinkable to me and it was sad. I just wonder ho long J.K. is gonna have us wait for book 7?
Monkeydog
she already said 2 or more years...
htmlmaster
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince... is the best book I ever read!!! It was good from start to finish, and I think that millions of other people agree with me. I can't wait for book 7 to come out and although I know it won't happen I wish a book 8 and above would come out.
jbaffa
Spoiler

I think he will not come back .... He has passed all the important things to Harry about Lord Voldemort.

I agree that he was indefeatble in the previous books. He was very weak in this one, though.
After destroying the Horcrux and drinking that potion, I guess anyone would die ...
chinmay_d
Aah, completed Half Blood Prince today. OMG it is 1 lovely book. Probably the best one in Harry Potter Series.

Maan, Rowling has become a billionare and the book is probably the bestselling book. Millions of copies sold Shocked

Spoiler
Alas, Dumbledore is dead... sniff!! ....Snape why did you do this ... sniff !!
Monkeydog
Chinmay you should mention it beining a spoiler and changeing the font white...
creepted
your facts were good
Xploder
SPOILER

It was so obvious though why would J.K.R. make Dumbledore tell Harry all this about Voldemort. So that Harry knew all this before Dumbledore's death. It is really weird that Dumbledore didn't care if he knew what Draco was doing. I also thought that Harry might be a Horcrux, but then it would mean that Harry has to kill himself after destroying all the other Horcrux's and killing Voldemort.

In another book I've read there were these characters a good old man, and good young man, a bad old man, a bad young man. The good characters were both killed but the bad could not live without so the bad was destroyed and the good characters lived since everything the bad characters did was erased, like it never happened. Do you guys thinks it'll be something like this?
dule
omg u all read it and here it will be out at begining of august Confused
tjatssa
where is here? oh yeah by the way i think it's worth the waiting Wink
dule
tjatssa wrote:
where is here? oh yeah by the way i think it's worth the waiting Wink

my profile
Slayer
unfortunate to be in turkey 2 well it's not come here now but i read on english in net well it's very shock for me but after sirius i didn't care anything actually
BlackSkad
I really loved the book. It took me two days to read it, as I had to climb mountains with my parents in Austria.
But it is a magnificant book. The way Rowling manages to tell the story, to grab you and make very sad as he died. I just loved it. It is probably one of the best books from te series.
Theories are indeed cropping up everywhere on the web:
* Dumbledore begged Snape to kill him
*Harry is a horcrux
*the real horcrux R.A.B. took is at grimmauld place 12
*RAB is Regulus A. Black

You know, it is all possible, but to know the truth, we will have to wait another two years. I hope thos go really fast![/list]
bdoneck
I liked the books but the ending caought me off gaurd. does this mean no more harry potter books? or just no more that take place in hogwarts?
BlackSkad
There will definitly be 1 other HP-book, but as it looks at the end of book 6, it won't be a year at Hogwarts. There's still 1 book left: Harry hasn't faced Voldemort for the last time yet. One of them need to kill the other.
Harry will search the remaining Horcruxes in book 7, and they can't all be at Hogwarts, so Harry will travel to some places that were important in Voldemorts life (maybe the Chamber of Secrets, Voldemort's snake,...).
Even without Hogwarts in the book, it will be wonderfull, because it's the final one. Jo will do everything to put a magnificant end to her awesome serie. I'm sure of that. She will surprise everyone!
Arcath
I havent read it yet, if its anything like the last 1 then i wont finish it, i put the last 1 down about half way thru, it was to boring for my taste, but i suppose i would much rather read a good sci-fi novel instead, any1 else find it really boring?
Leyen
bdoneck wrote:
I liked the books but the ending caought me off gaurd. does this mean no more harry potter books? or just no more that take place in hogwarts?

Yes, the ending is definitely a lil unexpected. I believe the next book (being the last) will have less to do with hogwarts and more to do with the war against voldy.

Of course, I still think potty will be going back to hogwarts for a while and Prof Mcgonagal will be the new headmistress.

Of course, I can't say the same for the order of the pheonix... the weasleys may take over dumbledore.
davmcmul
SPOILERS

Maybe, just maybe, Dumbledore is not in fact dead. To me it all seemed a bit set up, the potion making him weaker, rosmerta under the imperius curse and him letting draco get his wand. He stalled until snape could get there. Maybe, that potion, combined with whatever curse snape really did (i doubt it was in fact avada kedavra) put dumbledore into a suspended state from which snape can probably revive him. Why this elaborate plan? He wants voldemort to get inside harry's head, so he knows that his horcruxs are in danger and then he will go to check on the other ones. Maybe..... It's certainly open for any sort of ending....
pldacademicteam
ok one rumor that i dont understand. how can harry be a horcrux when voldemort already had seven before he tried to kill harry. he didnt evn no about harry and the prophecy when he made his horcruxes and also... why would voldemort try to kill his own horcrux? he couldnt have made a horcrux after he came back cuz then the whole plot would be destroyed cuz they would nvr know about the eighth horcrux. and it couldnt have been made when avada kedavra failed cuz voldemort was too weak...
Aut0mat1c
The book was amazing, ending cought me off guard tho.
SamuelCraft
I really loved this book. A lot happens, and I also learned a lot about two characters. It really sucked how the ending happened, and I can not wait until the 7th book comes out!
marekdebowski
I've just finished reading 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'. I think it's brilliant. But I was surprised with Dumbledore's death Sad((
tidruG
Sorry, I just didn't have the patience to read all the other 81 replies before posting.

Anyway, the 6th book, in my opinion, is definitely my least favourite... But honestly, I did very much like the tribute she (JK Rowling) gave to Dumbledore. I always had a feeling it was time for him to die... the last books just wouldn't be gripping or challenging enough (for Harry) if the only man Voldemort ever feared was still alive. But seriously, very well written the way he dies and the tribute he gets. But for me, far too many deaths (most of which, according to me, unnecessary), not enough humour, and too much left to be told in the 7th book (like the remaining 4 Horcruxes), because of which I'm guessing the 7th book will be the most explosive.

Anyway, I'm betting our dear beloved (sarcasm) Harry's going to die in the 7th book. Any takers?
icy_crystal_angel
http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/introduction.html

this is pretty interesting reading....it's quite re-assuring if you're really sad abt dumbledore being gone...
babaoriley821
I loved the way the prophesy was explained by voldemort. How the phrasing was completely misleading, "Neither can live while the other survives" simply means they won't be able to enjoy life without one of them being dead. For example, if Harry doesn't kill Voldemort, then he'll spend his life worrying about him and not really living, same with Voldy. It never specifically says Harry has to kill V. or the other way around, it simply says for the other to enjoy their lives, one has to die. I just loved the way that worked out.

Ending was fast paced, completely took me off guard. My guess is that Harry will come back to Hogwarts periodically, but not to attend classes and such, to search for Horcruxes and look for information, so obviously I don't think we've seen the last of the place.

Malfoy, good or bad? any thoughts?

I feel there is some room for redemtion... even if he is rather cruel.
tidruG
babaoriley821 wrote:
I loved the way the prophesy was explained by voldemort. How the phrasing was completely misleading, "Neither can live while the other survives" simply means they won't be able to enjoy life without one of them being dead. For example, if Harry doesn't kill Voldemort, then he'll spend his life worrying about him and not really living, same with Voldy. It never specifically says Harry has to kill V. or the other way around, it simply says for the other to enjoy their lives, one has to die. I just loved the way that worked out.

You know, I hadn't really thought of it that way. Nice point to have brought out, by the way...

BTW, Malfoy... I think he's neither really good nor bad. He's just trying to be evil because of what his father is and his jealousy of the Potter boy. At the same time, he doesn't have the balls to be completely evil... so, he's stuck in the middle.

What do you think about Dumble being dead? Do you think he's really dead?
babaoriley821
I see what you mean regarding Malfoy, I definitly don't think he has the balls to go full on evil. Seems to just be pissed off at Harry all the time. Yeah probably out of jealously since everyone loves him now.

As for D. being dead. I have no idea. I think he's probably dead physically but we'll see some form of him in Book 7. I can't imagine Harry finding Horcruxes without his help. Unless he left some kind of Notes or something behind, like theories on different Horcruxes that he didn't get to tell Harry. Also I have a feeling Fawkes is going to come back to the Order despite what Harry thinks, I have a feeling he's going to be extremely important in the end....
hiddentear__
I was furious when dumbledore died and also extremely upset i cried to tell the truth when i first read it but was going on bout it for days i ruined it for a few of my frnds who still hadent read it yet......but he honestly shouldnt have died. He also cannot come back because he was entombed in a cylinder of white marble ppl WHITE MARBLE how many other ppl (or wizards) can live while being entombed in an airtight coffin, it can't and also Fawkes dissapeared and was also mourning i doubt a bird as magical as a pheonix can be fool, if he can tell when someone if being loyal to dumbledore and come to his/her aid wouldnt it be able to tell if its owner had died.
Also i think that RAB is sirius' brother regulus bllack because it all fits. Only death eeaters call lord voldermort the "dark lord" and sirius said regulus joined the death eaters im not susre bout the A in the initials......anyone? and also in the note it says that the person will be long dead before voldemoort finds it but i think he found it and killed him but regulus had destroyed the pendant first.....i know the family he comes from is unlikely but look at sirius. anyways dats my thoughts plz ppl if you have any theories other than mine or would like to elaborate on them plz tell me. Oh yes and snape is a b*st*rd he was not acted in the book it says his face showed deep hatred and that cunning piece of sh*t took advantage of dumbledore's trust he was to trusting for his own good but then again dumbledore must have known what malfoy was up to and snape because he wasn't surprised when malfoy attacked himbut then again he wasn't all to concerned when harry told him his suspicions.....ahhh well only another 2 years or so till the next book is out and all questions will be answered......i don't think i can wait that long