FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Effective Hangover prevention

gonzo
(1) don't drink to drunkedness

yes, well that's about it. Practice the virtue of temperance.

Oh, and while you're at it pratice the four cardinal virtues:

http://frihost.com/forums/vt-22066.html
a.han
don't mix your drinks
drink lots of water
Nick87
Drinking water every two alcoholic drinks and drink two glasses of water before going to sleep!

Oh, and don't drink alcohol because you're thirsty. That's when it goes wrong because you'll drink too much too fast.

Just my two cents.
DX-Blog
Don't drink in combination with eating extra salty food. Not only do you risk a hangover afterwards if you do this long enough without drinking water you will certaintly experience black outs, totally pass out or in the worst case end up in a coma (temp or perm yet again depending on to what extent Razz).

Nice to use the alcohol to drain the fluid out of your body whilst the salt is sucking all the fluids out of your brain Laughing.
byt
luckily for me I don't drink except for the odd occasion, and when I do drink it's normally only an odd glass.

However at a newyear party I got very drunk and still no hangover so I guess I don't need either a prevention method or cure Very Happy
denggi
Luckily I normally don't develop a hangover too. Just drink lots of water before and after bed. Hangovers are actually some form of dehydration..i think i read somewhere.
Liu
Quote:

Beer before liquor, never sicker. Liquor before beer, never fear.
pjv
Drink and pee, drink and pee, drink and pee, you'll get tired of walking to the bathroom and want to sleep instead thus preventing hangover.. Shocked
sibbahz
Well just drinking loads of water usually works, but yes if you relly dont want to get drunk just dont drink in the first place
omeration
There are pills called hangover plus. Just take them Smile
ewfdemon
Being that everybody has a different tolerance, chemical make-up, not all things work for all people across the board. One thing I found effective was hooking up 2 saline IVs before a night of drinking. But that was in my old army days, not able to get IVs at the drop of the hat in civilian life. lol
Scaramanga
Any drinks that have a lot of water and elecrolytes in them will be a great boon.

Also, to really avoid getting a hangover, do the opposite of temperance: drink yourself silly every night until you gain a higher tolerance for booze and it's after effects (or until your liver decides to jump out of your throat.) Very Happy
David_Pardy
Hangovers are caused by dehydration from not drinking enough water.

Drink plenty of water!

But then, drinking to get drunk is pointless and stupid and anyone who does it deserves to get a hangover.
Jack_Hammer
Your hungover because your dehydrated, so drink water as the above post says, also take a pain killer before you go to sleep, then when you wake up your good to go Wink
Nutorious
Isnt the best proven way drink loadsa water and have paracetamol before you go to bed?