FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Work, work, work!

Tiger
I've been working pretty hard for the last few months. This weekend for example, I had to work from 5am to 9pm on Saturday and Sunday. Today from 1pm to 10pm, and back tomorrow at 5am to 1pm.

I know that I am not the only one working crazy hours, so I was wondering if anyone else would like to share their stories.

Today I was actually hoping to get some things done, but I was tied down by one particular task for about 6 hours. The interesting thing is that I will be working on a particular project in March too, so I'll have to put in even more hours than usual in March.

Ah well, so it goes! BTW - I work in IT. I look forward to hearing from the rest of you!
arch23
What do you work in?
Nutorious
I Was working at morrisons >_> in bws, then thy told me my job was only temp and couldn keep me Sad
reyyancemre
I wish to ask you about online working?

Please send me advice or your suggestions on the matter of MLM ( multi level marketing) regulations and process

I m very much interested in this field via internet

thanks in advance

deepnavyblue
stiffler
I dont often work a lot, but there are times when I pull 6-7 ten-hour days a week. Im an electrician, so its pretty much the standard 40 hour a week job. The times when I work a lot of overtime is when we need to get something done to beat a deadline, etc..
norbe666
work, work and work... as chinese - work and + hollydays!!
Vrythramax
I have worked some truly insane hours in the past years, once over the Chistmas weekend I had to pull 3 double shifts (4-10 & 10-4) in 3 days! If money makes the world go 'round, how come the more we work the less we get???

Just a point to ponder.
limcopy
relax dude !
Davidgr1200
Those hours don't sound to good, I hope you're not doing anything like surgery or flying a plane. I'd like my surgeon/pilot/bus driver to be well rested and awake! As a programmer I have noticed that when I work long hours my reliability declines. It's often better to stop earlier and come back to the problem the next day if you can.
gowtham1990
u work reaaly hard

lol

hope ur salary is up to ur work Razz Laughing
Blademasters
I wish I had a job right now Sad
Slick
before christmas i was workin 13hr days... then comin home and doing web work and mobile dj-ing!

terrible i was so knackered! lol
Wynand
I want to share my work, work, work experiences with you.

First of all: All work and no play make a Jack a dull boy.

In 2005 I was a student; I worked at a takeaway shop and at a guesthouse. This was over the same period. I can not tell you the amount of stress it causes if you do not have time for yourself.

I became a zombie. I couldn’t concentrate on anything. All my relationships suffered from it.

My advice is to enjoy you life with the minimum amount of work possible. That is: Work so that you can eat. That is really all you need. Your happiness you must work for on other ways. Not for money.

Marry for money. Work for love.
john672
working and being a student is so hard Sad
Platform
john672 wrote:
working and being a student is so hard Sad

Yes that is for sure, a lot of sleepless days with a lot of pressure.... Crying or Very sad
tdb18
Here in Brazil after we finish High School we have to take a test called Vestibular, which is really cruel. You simply have to remember ALL THE THINGS YOU'VE LEARNT IN YOUR SCHOOL LIFE because you don't really know what can be in the test. If you don't pass, you don't go to ANY university or college EVER. It's really cruel because you have to study all without any clue if you'll actually need it. Private colleges are easier but some people can afford it (really expansive for a third world country population) and public schools are, in general, better than the private ones. But we don't have enough public universities so no enough vacant either. So the ones who get higher scores get in and the ones who don't go back home and study hard again for another year. We actually lose one year or more of our lives.
Result: I have to study like crazy, I'm almost in depression. I know that's not really a work but I guess it's kind of similar since I usually study from 6:00am to 9pm with an hour breake to lunch and to check emails, phone calls and everything else. I don't really know if I'm going to pass at the end!

tell me, isn't it a hard work?? Laughing
I'm going crazy!
kimrei
Scaring me to death.

I'm just about to start work.

What yet I don't know.
Probably something programming related.

Almost anything decent needs a 2 year degree and 1 year work experience.

I wouldn't mind too much if not for the fact that I need to support myself through my studies.
And degrees in computer fields are mostly a waste of time since good tutorials are so readily available.

So depressing.
thiamshui
i'm still studying though.. will not get a job so soon.. i'm going to a polytechnic to pursue a diploma, at the same time i will try to work for other IT professional certifications like Comptia A+, Microsoft certifications, etc.. probably will pursue a degree after my polytechnic education.. guess i will only start working in around 8-10 years time.. hoping to work in an IT company..
speedlikecy
work more will get more!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
saiyeek
Well!
Ok, I have been working whole night for last 2 weeks. I have my exams coming near so I am working hard to get good scores. I sleep at day coz If I don't prepare for examinations at night may be I can't work in days coz friends, family and other stuffs always create disturbance for me.
windrei
Tiger wrote:
I've been working pretty hard for the last few months. This weekend for example, I had to work from 5am to 9pm on Saturday and Sunday. Today from 1pm to 10pm, and back tomorrow at 5am to 1pm.

I know that I am not the only one working crazy hours, so I was wondering if anyone else would like to share their stories.

Today I was actually hoping to get some things done, but I was tied down by one particular task for about 6 hours. The interesting thing is that I will be working on a particular project in March too, so I'll have to put in even more hours than usual in March.

Ah well, so it goes! BTW - I work in IT. I look forward to hearing from the rest of you!

It's just like my previous job, i worked from 11am to 12am... ... everyday. The payment was really low, so i quitted finally. Who could stand it ?! i was an animator.
webapp
I been really working hard these days, Morning i got a job I come back and i start working on my business, it leaves me with few hours for myself......
but i am happy i am enjoying it.....Things take time but eventually fruits will bear.............Smile
WebSiteGuru
norbe666 wrote:
work, work and work... as chinese - work and + hollydays!!

In chinese there no such thing as a holidays. Wink Work, Work, Work is right. I myself had been working weekend for the past few months. Getting pretty tired, but work come first. Very Happy
izimngcubes15
Looks like I'm on the same board with you, I have to work all month and almost everyday then come back home to study for three hours at most. Whew. Crying or Very sad
DSF-Deathcycle121
work sucks really bad, Y cant they just make like robots to do all the work Wink
Gerardus™
DSF-Deathcycle121 wrote:
work sucks really bad, Y cant they just make like robots to do all the work Wink

I think you are wrong with that, humans will be too fat and lazy and soon vanished if we let robots take over our jobs. Most people would get bored or even become criminal because they have nothing better to do.
We need working people, or else everything will change for the worse!
Well thats my opinion Wink
Soulfire
My work is in the form of school, and since I take it seriously, it does feel almost like a job.

Typical day:
Wake up 6:20 am
Get around
Go to school at 7:02 am
School starts 8:05
School ends 2:45
Practice from 3:00 to 5:00
Homework until 6:00

Then the rest of the night is mine, and I usually go to sleep around 9:30 to 10:00. Sometimes my homework runs through the entire night. Grr... if only I didn't apply myself.