FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GPRS

saeed6668
General Packet Radio Service. A packet-switched technology that enables high-speed wireless Internet and other data communications. GPRS offers a tenfold increase in data speed over previous technologies, up to 115kbit/s (in theory). Typical real-world speeds are around 30-40 Kbps. Using a packet switching, subscribers are always connected and always on-line.
GPRS is considered a 2.5G technology.
Summer
lol , I know what if GPRS and I have it on my W800i . But you dun have to post this kind of topic , so that u can get ur account .
pudovkin
He made the same about "Pentium Centrino".
At least, that was a good post... HAHAHA
sibbahz
3G is so much better, but i use gprs for free web browsing on my o2 contract phone to use msn Smile
djclue917
sibbahz wrote:
3G is so much better, but i use gprs for free web browsing on my o2 contract phone to use msn Smile

3G does not exactly compare to GPRS. They are not in the same "category" for comparison to take place. 3G is like a more general term to the generation of mobile phones and is a term that merely describes the technologies that a mobile phone uses. GPRS is considered a 2.5G technology which means that its speed of transmitting data is inferior to those of the 3G technologies.