FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ZELDA

Would you play the zelda MMO RPG
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 20 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

Yantaal
if there was a zelda MMOPRG would you play it, and why?

i would love one myself, and i wil be voting yes
hodgenpodg
i actually think a zelda mmoprg would be cool unlike many of the mmoprg's that are out now so my vote is yes
Hippish
Id play it. Played the zelda games all my life, and just love them Mr. Green
Nanks
I'd definitely say yes, I love Zelda!
Yjaxygames
A zelda MMORPG? I don't know... I think I wouldn't.
Monkeydog
No.

It's a very stupid idea. There is only one Hero of Time. v_v
Hanpusu-kun
Monkeydog is right.
LEt the Zelda universe be as it is at the time.
Hobbad
Well, it could be like Link and Zelda are heros and stuff and you can be like a peasant in hyrule, working on the ranch, living in the forest as an elf...or whatever the hell they are, one of the forest people.

Then on the reverse your boss could be Ganon, and you could be one of the many minions of evil.

I think that would work.
Nameless
I don't see that working somehow. Either you've got a zillion little link-noobs running around which is just STUPID, or you get a zillion little peasant/farmer/townsfolk/pig-farmer/chicken-farmers running around which just isn't really Zelda.
Kelcey
No I wouldn't. Too many idiots online would ruin the zelda name. COUGH COUGH... XBOX LIVE... COUGH...
Scott
It would be weird... But interesting. Anyways, I'd play it if it came out, whether I liked or not.
5C1
yes
i got played it.. totally nice game~
moncader
i think you might be surprised... i think Nintendo would be able to pull it off. Look at Blizzard, people had the exact same thoughts about WoW until it came out the the first person played it for about 3 seconds and that was that lol. If carefully made, a Zelda game like that would be awsome.
indeedwrestling
There is a lot of writing about MMORPG design. One of the biggest things is finding a way to include many people and give them tasks without them feeling like they have stupid jobs. Star Wars ran into problems when they needed more Healers which really weren't very exciting positions. Zelda doesn't have a fleshed out world where people care about most anyone except the hero. Dragon Warrior IV at least had several leads that you could care about. (I'd love to play as Taloon more.)
driftingfe3s
I don't really like MMORPGs. They require too much time. And a Zelda based MMOPRG...doesn't seem fun to me at all.
benwhite
The Zelda universe doesn't exactly lend itself to MMORPGdom, though it would be interesting to see how Nintendo could try to adapt it. As it is, the Zelda games don't involve very many characters, so it would have to be a radical expanion of the world. I could see a cool Light World/Dark World dichotomy being a nice game mechanic and divider.
SunburnedCactus
Nameless wrote:
Either you've got a zillion little link-noobs running around which is just STUPID

Laughing Laughing Excellent! Laughing
Maximus
well than they simply make the option to create your own link.
And for me: the more zelda the better Very Happy
nunosilva
I'm a big fan of zelda and have played almost all versions that came out to market, but actually only finished gameboy's version... but it would be cool if it came out a MMO version of zelda! Very Happy
Jayfarer
I'm not sure how it would work. I mean, you can make an MMORPG using all the characters and races from Zelda, but it wouldn't play like a Zelda game. I would like some kind of 3-D Four Swords instead of something Everquest-like.
Yantaal
This is the way i see, it, zledahas plenty of games with plenty of lands, with plenty of charcter classes, with pleanty of weapons, with pleanty of animals, with pleanty of jobs, with plenty of bosses.

cant go wrong
AlexMiller
HAHA, I can just imagine a zelda mmorpg. Shigeru would probably control Link and play 24/7. He'd probably get one of his friends like Hideo to control Ganon, him working for Sony and all. Then one of those freaky game designers like Shigesato to be all the other main characters. Let the madness ensue. And it would only cost $10 a month to be a peasant and watch the action unfold!! Very Happy
Yantaal
i think link should just be some insane hero for the enemy side to take down, as ganon would be for the the goodones to take down, i really want this to happen, really.
linkman2004
Where the heck did this thread get brought up from? Razz The answer to this question would probably be yes. As long as it was absolutely free to play online I probably would, anyways.