FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FPS Creator

ericbobson
What does everyone think about FPS creator? (www.fpscreator.com)
Having downloaded the trial from the site I have to say it looks pretty cool... does anyone have it and if so would you recommend it?
mukilan
ericbobson wrote:
What does everyone think about FPS creator? (www.fpscreator.com)
Having downloaded the trial from the site I have to say it looks pretty cool... does anyone have it and if so would you recommend it?

It is definitely cool
John6000
it doesnt look very "custmisable" i would have thought you can not really do much in it like make your own people Sad
you can basicly just make the maps
Josso
Heh... I recommend DarkBASIC for that kind of stuff. It's written in their version of Basic programming language. Specificly written for 3D games although I use it for coding text based adventures (not advisable).
mceejaydee
Hey thanks for sharing this man, Imma try it.
jozsi1983
Does it say what engine it uses? Also I agree with the person who said it just looks like you only can make maps. The half-life 2 thing where you can do costum maps is pretty cool. Its a little more indepth because you have to mess with the physics. But anyways thats my 2 cents.
george7004
its nice... I use engines alot to make mofps.. FPS creator is pretty good Smile
trickstott
I've been a long time Radiant fan myself, but I have found that different engines have an odd variety of advantages. Which one to go with mostly has to do with whether you are dealing with multiplayer, and how comfortable you are with dealing with scripting.
Most FPS come with their own level editor built in. I reccommend finding a game that you like to play, and then starting making levels for it. If you don't like a few of the weapons, almost all their engines allow for simple scripts to alter weapon behavior.
My favorites are UnrealEd for UT2004, and Radiant for Doom 3.
My favorite shooter is Half-Life 2, but Hammer (the HL2 editor) is far too buggy and unfriendly for my tastes.
raman
Looks okay, worth a try I guess.