FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cat Calls 911 to Help Owner, Police Say

wowz
Quote:
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police aren't sure how else to explain it. But when an officer walked into an apartment Thursday night to answer a 911 call, an orange-and-tan striped cat was lying by a telephone on the living room floor. The cat's owner, Gary Rosheisen, was on the ground near his bed having fallen out of his wheelchair.

--comcast.net strange news
NEAT!

Apparently this guy trained his cat to dial 911... as the story goes.
Quote:
Rosheisen got the cat three years ago to help lower his blood pressure. He tried to train him to call 911, unsure if the training ever stuck.

And it did stick apparently. Yeah, cats are trainable... but they're also lazy - you have to give them a reason to do something. Smart cat!
Srs2388
I still think they all look evil with there beeny little eyes and there sharp claws lol...
hcjgh
hehe that is a good one! in ten years you will have to buy cat a cell phone so he/she ould talk to your neighbours cat:)
glennesau
now if only i could teach my pets to cook me dinner and do the dishes, that would be great. I hope that the cat gets a reward for saving his owners life Very Happy
horseatingweeds
When we brought our old golden retriever home after a big operation to remove some tumors she laid right by the door once we brought her in. Our two idiot cats, pumpkin and Coliapee, relayed back and forth from her food and water bowl first caring food in their mouths then tripoding it back and forth with a paw full of water.

That is the day I realized that animals have souls.
Rachael
hey that is sooo cool! maybe i should try teach my kitten to do that! hehe. Razz Idea Very Happy
Vrythramax
NOW there's an exceptional cat! I have enought trouble getting my (precious) cat to use that dang litterbox!
Danny666
lol Razz lol Razz its very good the cat ic calling police i'll se it the cat is ringing mnow,mnow ok we're ride there Razz Razz Razz
nik
i like my cat. thought if i do something he dont' like . he will remember that and usually jump on me when i sleep...
madsencarl
It could've been on speed-dial. The owner could just be gaining publicity, and then he'll sell his cat for a million smackers.
jeffsolodky
LOL, that is hilarious! I wonder how that damn cat learned that? The only thing I see cats do is eat, sleep, and piss all over your furniture.