FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you know any mistake in Koran?

shamil
Koran is the unique book in the world which has remained unchanged since it arrived approximately 1400 years ago. I wonder if you know any mistake in Koran? Every human kind has right to tell his own mind. If you have anything which you think it is mistake in Koran please share your thoughts and we can discuss it.
Please do not make up anything. Be sure it exists in Koran before writing about any mistake.

[Moderator - moved from general chat
Bikerman]
gonzo
everything is subjective. make yourself god. believe what you want
eday2010
If it's anything like The Bible, then it's been edited, revised, and changed by people throughout history. That's why the Gospels sometimes totally contradict each other. Shawg.
S3nd K3ys
Quote:
Do you know any mistake in Koran?

Yeah. They're mistaken if they think I'm going to convert to Islam...
Mrs Lycos
Well I haven't read much, just the begining when the prophet marries his wife who was much older and richer than him. Actually I would like to know more, and reading the koran doesn't mean i am going to convert, as much as reading the bible and studying it doesn't make you a christian.
shamil
eday2010 wrote:
If it's anything like The Bible, then it's been edited, revised, and changed by people throughout history. That's why the Gospels sometimes totally contradict each other. Shawg.

We are talking about Koran not Gospel.
shamil
Mrs Lycos wrote:
Well I haven't read much, just the begining when the prophet marries his wife who was much older and richer than him. Actually I would like to know more, and reading the koran doesn't mean i am going to convert, as much as reading the bible and studying it doesn't make you a christian.

I agree with you. Just stdying the history of other nations doesn't mean you change your citizenship.
paul_indo
I think the Koran is fine.

But why does Sharia law come from the Hadith not the Koran.
There is a lot of contradiction in the Hadith.
Soulfire
Not really, Islam has always confounded me. So much bad attention, much in the way the Iraqis today get bad attention about the U.S. I haven't read much, just tad bits here and there (some I don't even think are true).

If it is anything like the Bible, than it surely will be confusing, contradicting, and holy.

But I'm Christian, so my main interest is the Bible. Although I have sometimes wondered what makes up Islam, perhaps I'll study about it.
DX-Blog
It contains as much valuable content as 'The annotated classic fairy tales'. The only difference is that 'The annotated classic fairy tales' is more fun to read. Besides that there is not much difference between them, both talk about death, life, happily living ever after, etc. And even more importantly, both are complete BS, just coming from a writers vision. The bible, koran etc just are being used as religious books.
jamesmackle
Probably no mistakes, just taken out of context by some extremists (I don't mean terrorists neccesarily). Just like other religions texts (such as the Bible) have been taken out of context or interpereted in such a way that they can be used for the total opposite of what they were intended.

Personally I have not studied in detail any of the religeons, as I am a humanist, but they were all in place to help mankind cope with all the questions they didn't have answers to, as well as instill some law and order.

Well done for wanting to learn and broaden your horizons and study other religeons... we all really want to get on in life together dont we
vinodmishra
Well Koran is a wonderful book as are all of religions. All of them basically teach just one thing i.e. ethics. The only improper thing I found in Koran was its disrespect for other religions otherwise its fine
denggi
The thing is as with most other religious books is that it's so very vague. Thats why people make all kinds of interpretations from it..leading to conflicting conclusions. And btw, I tot the Koran was written after Mohamed died? And it was written from memory of those elders or sumthing? So i'm not 100% positive, but i'm willing to bet there's some human error in there.
Programmable
Sad Héo if any one wants to talk about something he has to know it well!!

It is not good to insult other's religions but i think we have to be subjective to understand each other!

Look, i learned Koran and know verry nice things about it!!!!

Why?

Because it contains things that should be taken!

So do you know something?

In the NASA they ve buit a commission to get knowledge from it!!!

Just think about this:

(if you think he is a predecting profecy)How do Mohammed know about the opposed waves in the atlantic sea!!!!
This descovery is really new !!!!!
they uses advanced devices to confirm it!! (satellites and other things!!)

Chance?

So what do you think about the reflection of rays by the sky??????? about the role of mountains in maintaining the equilibrium in the earth!!! about the fishes in the atlantic sea that sines with light!!! about the iron!! ( he tald us that iron was not created on earth but fallen from sky, how do he knows the nember of protons in it !!!!!!!!......

There is more: he tald us about the desappearance of the egyptians and other nations!!

He beleaves in christian and juich religion but tald us that they have changed many things...

But koran can not be rewretten fore a simple reason:

In Mohammed's epoque beople used to be verry good in arabic language but they were unable to change it!! or create something like it!

Simply because every profet has a miracle and The meracle of mohammed is the coran: can Never be changed and contains alot of useful informations to the whole Hummanity

I'm not pushing you, cuz in islam we have to respect other religions
Dont think that islam is killing and massacring!
No islam pushes us to be good with people and to help poor just like other religions but when someone toutches your rights you have the right to defind yourself
It's up to you to beleave or not.....
Programmable
Quote:
Well Koran is a wonderful book as are all of religions. All of them basically teach just one thing i.e. ethics. The only improper thing I found in Koran was its disrespect for other religions otherwise its fine

Sad
Sorry but here you make a big conflict between Islam & muslims!!!!!

The islam respects other's religions but some of the muslims do wrogs!

Just think about the people living together in Jerusalem!!! Wink
shamil
vinodmishra wrote:

Rolling Eyes Give an example. So we can discuss it fairly.
shamil
Want to know miracles of the Koran? Just be patient and surf the site.
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com
I beleive it will be interseting to whom they haven't heard about them yet.
Programmable
I really think that koran is full of nice things that we have to understand
It is more than a simple religious book
It teatchs us how to live and give us alot of new wanderful informations!! Very Happy
hmd_1988
Islam Is a good religion. In Islam no muslim on earth has the right to kill innocent people just like that in madness, we have to be and do good, respect people of other religion.
madsencarl
How do you know the Koran has been unchanged. Sure, some guy said that a few hundred years ago, but he could've been paid, forced into it, or done it for his own benefit. It's like saying T-Rex's are red. There's no solid proof.
Devil
i always thought talking about religion in public places is a bad idea ,

but still has the threading goes on , i would stick to the topic ,

in koran it says all the non beleavers should be beheaded , now i heard it from my sisters daughter , who is learning that in school , cuz she is in a muslim country ,

i dont really mind what religous book says , but it depends on us ,how we learn to live with diff kind of people , with diff religions ,

almost every religion says thier god made this world , if thats true then how can anyone hate other humans ,who were also made by thier god ,

in simple terms , if we are all made up of one thing , then why kill each other on the name of religion ,
paul_indo
Quote:
in koran it says all the non beleavers should be beheaded , now i heard it from my sisters daughter , who is learning that in school , cuz she is in a muslim country

I guess that proves it then!

Come on..... Many years ago their was a thing called the crusades, the church leaders said to go and convert all the non belivers and if they won't convert, kill them.

Does this mean that christianity condones killing "heathen"?
Of course not.

Fortunately Christianity has progressed a lot from those beliefs.

What some people believe and teach can not be the basis for judging any religion. I can belive your neice may have been told that.
But does that mean it must be true?
Of course not.
Maybe the people spreading these lies have their own motives. Power, wealth? These things have been the cause of most human conflicts, and from what I can see, still are.

You must remember that the majority of moslems in this world tody live in countries that do not promote or provide a high degree of education or freedom.
The leaders of these countries use the religion as a tool of power.

The Koran does say:

Quote:
[7:159] Among the followers of Moses there are those who guide in accordance with the truth, and the truth renders them righteous.

Quote:
[2:62 & 5:69] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in GOD, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

Quote:
[3:113-114]. They are not all the same; among the followers of the scripture, there are those who are righteous. They recite GOD's revelations through the night, and they fall prostrate.

They believe in GOD and the Last Day, they advocate righteousness and forbid evil, and they hasten to do righteous works. These are the righteous.

Quote:
[5:82] You will find that the worst enemies of the believers are the Jews and the idol worshipers. And you will find that the closest people in friendship to the believers are those who say, "We are Christian." This is because they have priests and monks among them, and they are not arrogant.

Now, this last one is not very pro the jews, nut it certainly does not condone killing them. And from the others you can see that their is a fair degree of religious tolerance in the Koran.

The problem is when evil men take control anything can be turned to evil through their lies.

I am not a moslum, but a christian, I just don't like to see any belief misrepresented or misconstrued.

You must check the facts yourself, not believe in "hearsay".

Enough said.
shamil
paul_indo wrote:

I am not a moslum, but a christian, I just don't like to see any belief misrepresented or misconstrued.

Enough said.

It is good to hear these from a christian.
joscode
paul_indo wrote:
Quote:
in koran it says all the non beleavers should be beheaded , now i heard it from my sisters daughter , who is learning that in school , cuz she is in a muslim country

I guess that proves it then!

Come on..... Many years ago their was a thing called the crusades, the church leaders said to go and convert all the non belivers and if they won't convert, kill them.

Does this mean that christianity condones killing "heathen"?
Of course not.

Fortunately Christianity has progressed a lot from those beliefs.

What some people believe and teach can not be the basis for judging any religion. I can belive your neice may have been told that.
But does that mean it must be true?
Of course not.
Maybe the people spreading these lies have their own motives. Power, wealth? These things have been the cause of most human conflicts, and from what I can see, still are.

You must remember that the majority of moslems in this world tody live in countries that do not promote or provide a high degree of education or freedom.
The leaders of these countries use the religion as a tool of power.

The Koran does say:

Quote:
[7:159] Among the followers of Moses there are those who guide in accordance with the truth, and the truth renders them righteous.

Quote:
[2:62 & 5:69] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in GOD, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

Quote:
[3:113-114]. They are not all the same; among the followers of the scripture, there are those who are righteous. They recite GOD's revelations through the night, and they fall prostrate.

They believe in GOD and the Last Day, they advocate righteousness and forbid evil, and they hasten to do righteous works. These are the righteous.

Quote:
[5:82] You will find that the worst enemies of the believers are the Jews and the idol worshipers. And you will find that the closest people in friendship to the believers are those who say, "We are Christian." This is because they have priests and monks among them, and they are not arrogant.

Now, this last one is not very pro the jews, nut it certainly does not condone killing them. And from the others you can see that their is a fair degree of religious tolerance in the Koran.

The problem is when evil men take control anything can be turned to evil through their lies.

Enough said.

I guess my objection to the Quoran is that it does not teach to love one another, or that Alah loves you. It is chalk full of Alah loves this and Alah loves that, but what about you? From what I gathered from it, from a cursory look is that the entire world must be converted to Islam, by the edge of the sword if need be.

This is what led to the crusades. If you did some research you would see that the crusades (13 of them) were by an large a defense of the Christian faith against the rapid spread of Islam specially defended by Saladin. It was an attempt to stop the spread of Islam, especially by conquering lands and forcing converts. The matter at hand was and still is Jerusalem which is holy to both Christians and Muslims.

According to historians, it's true that there was a (check the singualrity) crazed Pope bent on killing without purpose. This was one incident, and the entire cursades should not be lumped together.

Back to the Quran though, overwhelming evidence exists that it has changed, a lot! See http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Text/

Again, one person's scincere opinion. It is good to have a forum to discuss difficult issues in a decent respectful manner.

Regards
adwya
iam muslim

Holy Quran

no mistakes at all

Quran is the say of God
uNr3aL_
i dont think that in koran have mistakes
geekbackpacker
Quraan no mistake

Human mistake
Mrs_Robota
do you really think that?
like it or not it's impossible to keep something without changes throught so many time
this people learn by heart every word, but what guaranty you have that it is in fact the same text?...
anyway, perfect text or not, this is actually irrelevant when the important always was to have the original message... this is the only thing that they should care never change or have mistakes... pity I don't think this happened...