FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Service Temporarily Unavailable (Down again?)

Mr. McCoy
Quote:
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Is the server down again!?!
osiashion
I΄m getting the same message unfortunately Sad Rolling Eyes

It΄s for sure an overload. Every two or three minutes the server seems to be up again but after some time it goes down. I hope all these problems will be solved soon Sad
Bondings
It's a new setting which limits the number of requests per ip, unfortunately it was set a bit too low. I now made it a lot higher and it shouldn't be giving that error anymore unless you refresh your page every second. Could you please check again if you still get that error?
Mr. McCoy
whats the "click" limit??
Bondings
Mr. McCoy wrote:

At the moment 180 requests per 5 minutes. If I make it too high then it will have no effect, if I make it too low then it will block normal visitors like you. So please tell me if you keep getting that error or not.
Daniel15
Bondings wrote:
Mr. McCoy wrote:

At the moment 180 requests per 5 minutes. If I make it too high then it will have no effect, if I make it too low then it will block normal visitors like you. So please tell me if you keep getting that error or not.

Do you mean 180 requests, including images, flash, etc? What about pages with lots of images?

Also, what about proxies? Does it use the real IP address (when using a proxy, the real IP address is in the X-Forwarded-For HTTP header -- $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'] in PHP) or the proxy IP address? What about if lots of users are forced to use a transparent proxy (my ISP sometimes uses one)?

Sorry about all the questions, Bondings Wink
Bondings
daniel15 wrote:
Do you mean 180 requests, including images, flash, etc? What about pages with lots of images?

Also, what about proxies? Does it use the real IP address (when using a proxy, the real IP address is in the X-Forwarded-For HTTP header -- $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'] in PHP) or the proxy IP address? What about if lots of users are forced to use a transparent proxy (my ISP sometimes uses one)?

Sorry about all the questions, Bondings Wink

I don't think it counts all requests, only those of pages with text if I'm not mistaken.

I just tried it out on a forum, l loaded 100 pages quickly after each other and the only effect was the server load going from 0.3 to 4 for a few minutes. It didn't even block me.

The only way for me to get that page is to refresh http://status.frih.net/ as fast as possible. If you refresh it every second then nothing happens, if you refresh it more often then it blocks you for a few seconds.